Scar Removal - Missouri

My experience with Dr. Lomonaco was beyond great....

My experience with Dr. Lomonaco was beyond great. Previously, I had gotten a paniculectomy by a different surgeon, which left me with a very thick and jagged scar. This experience also involved my incision not closing/healing for 4 months, and not to mention inadequate aftercare. The time had come and I was tired of living with this Freddy Krueger scar across my abdomen.

I was very nervous about getting scar revision surgery coupled with a pubic lift. Dr. Lomonaco set me at ease from the first time I met him. He assured me that he had done hundreds of these same types of procedures and that I was in good hands this time. He was right! This entire experience was totally different from my previous experience with the other surgeon. I had beyond wonderful feelings/experiences about him from the moment I walked in to get my consultation all the way through to getting my drains removed. Alma was great in going over my estimate and payment options. She explained all costs and was very professional. There were no hidden costs, everything from the lab work to the post-op garments were included in the estimate. The hospital staff at Houston Hospital for Specialized Surgery was great as well. My entire experience was pretty much pain-free. I woke up calm and not in any pain. The staff was great in explaining the aftercare to me.

After going home, Dr. Lomonaco's staff, namely, Janet and Sally really made me feel like I was in good hands. They called me daily to go over my pain levels, drainage numbers, and overall well-being. Whenever I went to the office for aftercare, Janet and Sally always treated me with respect and understanding for what I had gone through before. They were all very professional and caring. I would recommend Dr. Lomonaco to anyone who is seeking a quality surgeon, who is able to transform them on the outside to what they feel like on the inside. MB

Houston Plastic Surgeon

Excellent!

Welcome to RealSelf.  I am very happy that you shared this experience with us.  It's nice to hear that your scar issues were resolved.  After all you had previously been through this was a nice way to end your journey.

Did you happen to take any before and after pictures of the scars?   There are so many women in the tummy tuck community who have questions about scar removal.  I am sure they would love to see the results of your procedure.  It may give some hope and encouragement to get this done themselves.