Restalyne for Tear Trough Correction

This is my second time having tear trough filler...

This is my second time having tear trough filler with Dr. Hayes. I was very pleased with my results the first time and I have no doubt I'll be pleased this time as well. I decided to write a review because I see many people panicking after tear trough filler. The swelling, bruising and fluid retention in the area really freaks some people out. It's very common to not look fantastic in the first few days following the procedure. The eye area is delicate, you've had a needle or a blunt tipped cannula in your face causing trauma - swelling is very probable. Calm down, ice the area and be patient. I'm including photos of my progression in the hopes that it will help someone to feel better. I didn't look pretty the first time I had this done & I don't look pretty today, I'm a sweller and my skin is thin. I bruise easily. It gets better, I promise. I'll track my progression for you :)

48 hours after injections

I wish these photos truly captured how I look, but they don't. I look better in the photos, I think the flash takes away some of my swelling. The bruising is nearly gone. The swelling had gone down a lot when I woke up this morning. It's much better but I still look weird. The photo doesn't do it justice. There's a hard, full, puffy area under each eye. Most patients start to worry that it's been overfilled, but this is the point where you just have to stay calm and give it more time. I know it's swelling because it's still tender. I think it's the path the cannula traveled to get to my tear trough area. The entire area is still really squishy and weird feeling, my cheekbones are hiding under the swelling and my face looks a bit flat and odd. But it's a huge improvement from yesterday and I know it will be even better tomorrow. I've been icing, taking Arnica and drinking tons of water.

Day 4 - I'm doing well !

Alright, update time. I had my tear troughs filled on Tuesday afternoon and it's now Friday morning. I slept elevated again which I don't enjoy at all but it really helps with the swelling. The Arnica and lots of water helped the bruising tremendously. Some areas are tender still and I can feel the swelling under my skin but it's improved significantly and I'm really happy. I'm much closer to seeing my final result and I'm so relieved the swelling is diminishing. It gets scary, you look at your face and you pray it's just swelling, not overfill. Even though I've been through this before & know what to expect, it's hard to stay calm and wait.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE

I wanted to share photos from last time, I think I'm recovering faster this time. Because I had never had this done before, I was really worried about my swelling. I worried it was filler causing the lumps, I worried it wouldn't go away, I was scared that my results wouldn't be what I wanted. It all turned out wonderfully.

Day five - just a bit of bruising left

Hi, it's day five for me and my swelling is gone. I have a bit of greenish yellow bruising in a couple places, easily covered by makeup. I took a photo in my car, in natural light, so you can really see my results.

Tomorrow will be one week since my injections

I'm all back to normal, no swelling or bruising anymore. I still feel a little tender when I wash my face, maybe there's still some bruising deep inside. I'm totally happy with the results :)
Montana Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hayes is great, very professional and highly skilled. His staff is wonderful as well.

You are very lucky, but for some like myself, this can be a nightmare. My doctor didn't listen to my concerns and after a horrible infection, 5 injections to dissolve the lump, 6 weeks of antibiotics, 2 IM shots I now have a granuloma and need surgery to remove it. If the doctor doesn't catch the problem and months go by, it can lead to this. It is traumatic and there hasn't been a day that I haven't cried and felt horrible. I have said this many times, doctors shouldn't inject fillers into this area without specific training and knowing how to handle complications before they become irreversible. These companies and surgeons give you the idea, if there is a problem, just dissolve it and everything is back to normal. THAT IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE. The FDA should warn against the real possibility of biofilm infections and granulomas and the companies should have special training for this, it is an unforgiving area and mistakes can lead to what I am dealing with. I am happy you have had such a great experience.
I'm sorry you have had such a horrible experience, how stressful for you :( My physician has been wonderful, he has advanced training in this specific treatment area & performs many of them. We did discuss potential risks & complications, he was very upfront with me. I'm so pleased with my results & I'm thankful that I have not been through something as traumatic as your experience. I wish you the best & hope your surgery goes well.
How long does this last i am thinking of getting restalyne . Back in 2004 i had lower blph and too much fat was taken out leaving me with slight ectropion.. I had fat transfer about five years ago and it helped but i need them filled again!!! Can most doctors do this procedure?
I think physicians need to be very experienced in treating this area or you risk complications and unflattering results. I don't think most doctors can do this procedure in this area with amazing results. Be very selective.
I have a question that's not related to tear trough. Have you had any fillers in your upper lip? In your pic with sunglasses (from 2013) it seems you have little filler on your upper lip. It looks great btw, and since I've been considering doing my lips, it's quite motivating to see yours looking so natural and beautiful!
No, I've never had any lip filler & I don't have any interest in ever getting any. I like my natural lips just how they are. I've never had anything other than tear trough filler.
You look great! How much filler did you have put in?
I have a full syringe on each side. Wow, huh ?!
Did you have any puffiness under your eyes before along with the hollows below? I only had one syringe total and have wondered if more was needed, I have fairly deep hollows, but also a slightly puffy undereye... perhaps if the under cheek/tear trough was built up a bit more it would do the trick. Did the doctor do both syringes in one visit? The dermatologist I went to wouldn't even do a whole syringe in one visit, she did 3/4 and I went back for the remainder after 2 weeks.
I didn't have any puffiness, just the significant hollows. Yes, both syringes were in one visit. I won't need a follow up.
Can you wear makeup right away?
Yes, you can apply makeup immediately afterwards.
Love this idea- can't wait to see how the entire healing process looks.
Thanks, Jill, I'm really happy with my final results :)
How long does it last you
It lasted a year for me last time I did it.
A year and totally gone, I hope that is case for me, had bad results!
I'm so sorry to hear that ! I've been told that every time you do it the filler has the potential to stay longer. I'm hoping that will be the case for me. How long have you had yours ?
Now that I look at your profile, I see you had Perlane in your tear troughs. My doctor won't use anything but Restalyne in that area. I hope it gets better for you !
9 months of hell, I am totally purple in person! First time filler for me!
Your review gives me hope! You can already see a diffrence, love it!