Oh what a feeling! - Mississippi

I am a mother of 2. Im 32 years old. I had my...

I am a mother of 2. Im 32 years old. I had my first child at 17 and ended up with toxemia and completely stretched my skin to the max. I never bounced back from that. I go in for the TT im the morning. Ive been reading the blogs for almost a week now and find them helpful. My nerves are on edge. Im affraid I am not going to get the results I want. But anything has to me better than the muffin top. I'll try to keep an update on here as much as I can. I know everyones stories have helped me.

1day post op and I feel great. Im trying to post...

1day post op and I feel great. Im trying to post pics from my phone. I have a pic from before I went in and a pic from this morning. My PS performed a miracle. Im still swollen of course but the difference is huge!

Post Op Day 2 So far this morning is going good....

Post Op Day 2
So far this morning is going good. I drank prune juice yesterday and it worked. worked better than I expected. I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone. I'll try to get my husband to do it on the laptop. even though I can't stand up straight I can tell a miracle has been performed. I love my new tummy and can't wait to get dressed. I even asked my husband if we could go to the up coming military ball so I could show off my new body. Huge change in my attitude. I hated getting out of bed because I new I would have to get dressed. Now it's exact opposite. Im ready for shopping! I hope and pray everyone is having a safe recovery.

Post op day 3 Last night I tried to take a shower...

post op day 3
Last night I tried to take a shower and that was the worst thing I could have done. I don't think I have ever been in that much pain. I can't wait until I can just stand straight up. I feel so bad for asking my husband and kids for everything. I will most def make it up to them after recovery. As of now there are absolutely no regrets. Im just sitting in my recliner and my self esteem is sky high. I can't wait to get out in public!!! Hope everyone is have a great recovery!

Day 4 post op Things seem so much better. I can...

day 4 post op
Things seem so much better. I can almost stand up straight. I actually got up and went to the bathroom by myself and then made a pot of coffee. That wore me out. My son ended up having to pour my coffee after it was done brewing. He even gave me my shot in the leg. Bless his heart (he hates needles) Im at the frustrating stage where I want to start doing everything on my own. I want to get dressed and go for a nice walk outside but reality says no. I am going to take another shower tonight and try to take more pics. Happy healing everyone.

5 days post op Well the emotions are starting to...

5 days post op
Well the emotions are starting to kick in. I completely went into this with a pos attitude thinking there is no way I could get depressed. But I am. It's not the fact that I had the surgey but it's just the sitting around part. The healing process sucks so bad. I love my new tummy and I want to be able to go out in the world and show off. Since I had my son 15 years ago I haven't wanted to be social due to the "battle of the bulge". Now I want to try on dresses and shirts that I don't have to worry about them being long enough to cover the "hump". This is the frustrating part of the healing process. I hope that many of you that go through this prepare yourself better then me. I think actually Im more bored than anything. Hope everyone is healing well.

1week post op I can't believe how time has just...

1week post op
I can't believe how time has just flown by. I see my PS for the first time since surgery tomorrow. I am not looking forward to driving and sitting in an office. But I'm sure it will be fine. At this point in recovery I still can't bend over to pick things up and my back hurts the most. I do the best in the mornings with getting around but I get tired very fast. I really miss sitting at the dinner table with my husband and kids. Everynight we say our prayers at dinner and play some type of game(monopoly cards, or apples to apples) For the last week Ive really felt like an outcast. I just have to keep it positive and think about this new body. Soon I wont be an outcast and I will be out doing things more and be completely involved with all school activities and my husband's work dinners and parties. Those are the things that ugly piece of skin kept me from wanting to do. Sorry, but I just felt the need to vent a little. Im feeling so couped up. Hope everyone is healing well! Speedy recovery to all!
Dr. Reno

This is my Dr.'s web page. I could never ask for a better Dr. or staff. I have visited 6 PS in the past 4 years in 3 different states, trying to find the right one and Dr. Reno is by far the best I found! www.drreno.com

Hi kelsen,I'm a mother of 3 and have been wanting a tt for 2 yrs now problem is I'm scared of the whole recovery,and of course a PS that knows what he/she is doing ;-/ I am from the new Orleans area I was wondering if you could give me information on the ps who has done your tt....and also if you don't mind me asking how much was it I can'tfind anything around this area cheaper than 7,800$... Thanks for your help BTW you look great hope u recover fast.....
I would be happy to give out my Dr. info. I had Dr. Reno in Hattiesburg Mississippi so it's not to far of a drive for you. They take such good care of you. As a matter of fact I had a really bad burning pain last night about 9 pm so I called the office and the called the Dr and I recieved a call back from him in 3 min. The total cost of my surgery was $4,945. That gets you your surgery and a years worth of visits with him for the normal stuff and also things like "something doesn't look right can you take a look visits"...lol The staff is great. I LOVE Kathy the surgery nurse. I could not have asked for a better person to be in the surgery room with me. She made me feel like I was her daughter having the procedure. I was very secure that she would take good care of me while I was under. anyway I could go on and on but once you meet them then the visit should speak for its self. You can go to drreno.com to get all the info. My $4,945 was the most you will pay for the tummy tuck. I didn't get any discount and I didn't get a mini TT. I got the real deal and they are worth the money and more! If you have any private questions you can email me.
Thank you so much! Yes I am wearing a binder. I can't go very long without it. Only long enough to take a shower. My PS gave me 2. Im ready to move on to like a body suit or Spanx. This binder moves up and down a lot according to my swelling.
U look awesome!
Are u wearing a surgical binder?
You look amazing. I just had my consult and looling to do mine in July. After seeing the price you paid and your after pic.. Thinking maybe I need to take a trip to your doc. Can you post his info?
Absolutely! I will go and post it all now. He and his staff are amazing people. I can't believe some of the prices that people are paying for a full TT. I Paid the most they charge for a full TT. It's less for a mini. If I had the money that some are paying I could have had a full body contour.
You look amazing!! You will be back at it before you know it. Keep your chin up!
You look amazing! I can't wait to have mine done.
Thank you. My only advise is prepare yourself for the emotional roller coaster. I pray you have a safe surgery and swift recovery!
Hang in there, you are going to have so much time to show that new body off, heal first! I can totally understand why you want to though...you look incredible :)
Thank you! It's so scarey sitting on my butt. Im so affraid of that ugly thing coming back...lol
you look awesome!!!
thank you so much!
I agree with looking4change, I go in this Friday, May 4th and just seeing your pictures and see how well you are doing gives me the comfort needed to do this.. :)
Your joy comes through the internet, and I'm smiling reading your post - this is what this procedure is all about. We have the beautiful babies, and it's a wonderful thing but really does a number on some of us, and here's this surgery that can bring back some normalcy and self-esteem. Congrats, Kelsen! Very pleased for you, keep up the happy. :)
Let me just say..YOU LOOK AMAZING! Your Dr. Did a WONDERFUL job. Your shape reminds me of mine. So im praying to have such nice results as yourself.thanks for sharing and May you have a Healthy speedy recovery.
Thank you! I do have to give my Dr alot of credit. I couldn't imagine these results. I hope you have the results you want and more. I also wish you a fast recovery when your time comes!
Thank you! Im still in disbelief. Im so scared to move sometimes because I think I will mess it up. It's crazy to look down and not see that nasty pouch..lol
shazam! Those are some fantastic results you have there...talk about instant gratification!! You look amazing...good for you!
Wowzers!!! You look terrific, get lots of rest and heal well! Am I seeing right that you only have one drain?
Yep only one drain. I ment to ask him why only one when I was there last. I noticed everyone has been having 2. Thanks for the compliment!
WOW! you already look terrific and the hardest part is already finished! Don't be worried about anything--it's a BIG deal surgery and it is a process, not an event. Heal well!
And yes, prune juice is the bomb!
Kelsen, you look amazing.. I am so happy for you and your pictures have made me that much more excited about my surgery next friday.... Thank you
Thanks for the compliment. Im completely amazed at the difference in less than 24 hours. Im still swollen too. I can't wait to go shopping. I wish you the best for your new journey. For once I can't wait to get dressed and go out somewhere nice to show off. The worst part so far has been the bundle of nerves leading up to the surgery. Try to relax as much as you can. Everything will turn out great!
Thanks, you are so right on the nerves, I am making myself crazy.. I keep telling myself, don't think about it, everything will be just fine.. And then I try and visualize what I will look like and can't imagine anything other then my road map and sag.. Then I looked at your pics and was "wow"... It makes it so real..