43 and Back to Braces (Not too Late) - Mississauga, ON

In my teens I had metal dental braces to correct...

In my teens I had metal dental braces to correct both an overbite and some upper row gaps at mid line. I was given a retainer back then, but stopped wearing it many years ago. Over the year my teeth returned back to their original post braces position. I did not want to wear metal braces again for many reasons and opted for invisalign when my trusted dentist began to offer the procedure in his office. I currently on my 6th set of 13 (26 weeks) and noticing positive progression. My experience has been good so far.

The retainers come with added dental maintenance and must be removed for eating and drinking (except water). I would not recommend these for a teenager or a forgetful type of a person. The retainer could easily be thrown out (experience as a teen). Also if cleaning is not maintained I could see gum and teeth issues becoming apparent.
I'm liking the results but it comes with some discomfort with first few days of new retainer set and added brushing. I use a spray bottle with 3% peroxide that I use to clean the retainers and leave solution on when not in use (eating) and brush/rince them prior to reinsertion. Best of luck to everyone else

I'm in my late 20's and I'm thinking about braces to correct my overbite. Can they do that?
I think Invisalign works best for gaps and overbites. Those were 2 main concerns of mine that were addressed. I stress that retainers permanent or nightly post treatment are a must in order to maintain correction
I've read a few blogs of people going to their Mississauga dentist and trying Invisalign, that it's supposed to more invisible and all that, but your personal account is the most detailed I've heard of the actual experience, especially with including things to watch out for and how it might take some getting used to. I'm glad it's working out for you so far! I had an overbite corrected in my teens too with 3 years of braces, and when I stopped wearing my retainer, a gap gradually began to appear in my upper teeth. It isn't overly noticeable now, but if it gets worse in the future I think I'll consider Invisalign. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Hardy Limeback

Dr.Hardy Limeback gives the confidence that he is a sincere doctor first, a business man second. A competent individual with accolades to prove it (Professor at U of T preventative dentistry). Never gave me the feeling of the "fill and bill" type of dentist that exist in great numbers. Easy to talk to and answers questions with out issue. Previous dentist wanted to cap tooth. Dr.Limeback was able to build on existing tooth and saved me both money and future capping on tooth.