31 Year Old, 4 Kids, and a Well Deserved SmartLipo - Miramar Beach, FL

Let me start off by saying I have been stalking...

Let me start off by saying I have been stalking this site for years. I didn't think I would have the courage to write my own review, but here I am. Well I'm a mommy of 4 beautiful kids, 2 11 yr olds, a 9 yr old, and a 4 yr old. All delivered thru c section. I've always been on the thick side but as soon as I started having kids the pounds just added on. This last pregnancy really did a number on me. I literally had this belly that never went away. Don't get me wrong I love to munch out but I still shouldn't look like I'm 13 months prego. After convincing the hubby to be ok with me going on a journey to a mommy makeover I started researching what doc to go to. My Kids pediatrician recommended Dr. Velilla of Evolution Md in Miramar, Fl. Booked my consultation. I had my consult with Cecilia. Let me tell you she is such a cutie pie. She's super sweet and answered all my questions. She suggested smartlipo 4liters only on full abs. Later on smartlipo my back flanks and arms, and finally a much needed tummy tuck. I completely agreed and about a month later gave paid for my stage one surgery. One thing I found weird was that I met the doc the day of surgery. I didn't mind cause honestly this man has a really good Rep and his staff is amazing. On July 14th I went in at 9:30 am for my smartlipo. I was soooo nervous. I was given a cocktail of pills to relax me and once they kicked in I was loving life. I swear I was cheesin so hard my face was hurting. Velilla and Zayas were both working on me and it was great. I literal was laying there and forgot that they had even started. There was a few times were I felt like a needle stabbing me and I twitched. Velilla would immediately stop and add more anesthesia. They showed me the 2 full containers full of fat and I was in shock. Once they were done 2 girls came in and put the compression garment on me, walked to the back where my mom and hubby were waiting and went straight home. I was feeling pretty good when I got home. I thought I would be in fetal position crying with pain. My compression garment was completely soaked and was nasty to sleep in. Next day I went in for a follow up. Velilla suggested not wearing my garment for a few days because of the bruising I had. Right after that I went to my first massage. Holy crap I was not prepared. It was beyond painful. And to think 9 more massages to go. By Friday I was given the clear to wear my compression garment, tabla, and lipofoam. Went in for my 4th massage and this time it was with a lady named Ana. This women is the best. Her massage was so much better then the last chick and I drained like crazy. Went in for my 5 th massage and was told I needed a smaller garment. I was super excited to hear that. Also I haven't been wearing the lipofoam or the tabla. I feel like a robot with it on. Everyone has seen results in my procedure. I already got my quote for my stage 2 and I'm trying to get my deposit in. I really wanna do it ASAP. I didn't take pics myself but the docs office did. Once I get them I will upload them.

Hardness

Ok so I haven't been able to go get my massage in 3 days and the lower part of my belly is super hard. I rub it for a min or two all day long but doesn't seem to help. Scheduled for my 6th massage tomorrow. Hope this hardness will go away. I got my new compression garment today in a size XL. Yes I'm that big. The first one was a 2x so I'm happy I went down a size.

Garment

Need to wear the Tabla and Lipo foam

So I went for my massage today and I didn't drain much. They told me the importance of wearing the lipo foam and Tabla. The tabla helps my skin stick back smoothly and the lipo foam is so I won't have any dents on my sides when I bend. I'm gonna try to wear it but it's so uncomfortable. I feel like a stiff robot. The doc prescribed Diuretic pills to help flush out the liquids I'm retaining. Also I was told to do the ultrasound massage from now on. Other than that I do see my belly flatter. My mom says she sees a difference everyday. Yay Me!!!

Hell Nah!!!!

Ok so after everyone at the docs office telling me that I needed to wear the tabla and lipo foam I decided to suck it up and wear it. First off it was horrible getting all that in my tight compression garment. I had it on all day and night. I swear I didn't sleep at all. My ribs were hurting, I felt like I couldn't breath, and I had acid all night. @ 6am I took out the tabla. I couldn't take it anymore. I put another lipo foam where the tabla was to help smooth out the skin. I don't know how you ladies do it.

Slept lovely

Finally I had a good night sleep. I kept all my lipo foams in my CG and it worked out. This morning took off my CG,threw it in the wash, showered, rubbed arnica cream, and had the hubby massage by belly. I dried the CG on a low setting but when I went to put it back on I needed help trying to put in the lipofoam and I couldn't buckle it. So just wearing the CG. Maybe after a few when the CG stretches I can stuff in the foams.

Binder?

Ok so I've been reading a lot of post and a lot of you ladies wear a binder over your garment. What does the binder do? Where can I get one? Also do you wear foam, garment, then binder? Oh and do you wear the binder 24/7 also? Sorry too many questions, just trying to get my shyt right.

Cavitation anyone?

Ok so I went to my first cavitation today. It went pretty good. I really didn't know what it was and the therapist explained it's an ultrasound massage that helps breakdown and melt all the remaining fluids left in the abdomen. I was so excited to hear that hopefully this will help with the hardness on my lower ab, which is actually softening. She said I needed to drink plenty of water to flush it all out. I'm supposed to do 1 cavitation a week. Wish I can go twice.
Dr. Cesar Velilla

Dr. Velilla was very attentive during the surgery. I'm super happy with my results so far and can't wait for my stage 2. His staff is amazing. The girls are all sweet and they all know their stuff. Hopefully Future Velilla Doll.

Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Hi, Any updates and pics? Hope all is well
I can't wait to see pictures
I learned about cavitation thru RS. Is this included in your fee or a separate cost?
No, all my massages and the cavitation is a desperate fee.
Oh ok thank you :)
Mine us included, but only the ultrasound one.
Hehe is..
How did it feel?  Did it hurt at all?  The cavitation, I mean.  And did they say if it's used for anything else?  So curious!  Thanks for the update, and good luck--I hope that hard spot completely disappears!
I second TwoPlusOne :-) Pls. share the details and hope it works too :-))))
I third that! That's what I have coming up too. I was wondering if it hurt too. Oooooo I hope it helps my stomach too.
It didn't hurt at all. Just felt the pressure. She put the ultrasound gel on my belly and started rubbing on it with the cavitation. She did it for one hr. Every time she was in one area for a min the machine would beep so she can move on to the next area. After that I felt my belly and it wasn't as hard. The best thing to do is drink a lot of water before the cavitation and after the cavitation try to get a massage done. I didn't know that so I didn't have a massage. When I went home I continued to add heating pads and drank a gallon of water throughout the day. I I peed like crazy. When you pee you can see the urine glisten a little and that's the melted fat. Can't wait for the next one. The Cavitation therapy is also used to treat cellulite on your thighs. Which I'll probably end up doing when I'm done concentrating on my belly.
Wow... Thanks for sharing this. It sounds like your observing the after effects so quickly (pee content) & that's great. You may be the first "cavitatirized" woman amongst us and start a revolution towards quicker recovery schedules :-) Congrats and continue to keep us posted. It maybe something to consider for cellulite if all turns out great in the long run. Thanks again:-)
No problem
Ok cool. I freaking hate drinking plain water, but it'll be worth it to see my pee glisten with fat lol! I hope it's ok if I don't get a massage after, I don't know where to go and I rally don't want that hurt. Hmmm..cellulite huh? I've got some of that!
I'm just hoping it really speeds up the process. How many massages have you had?
I haven't had any! That's why I'm a little nervous :)
I hope that helps you ;).
Hey under construction baby... You're going to find that each of us use different things depending in what our doctors introduce to us. I used a binder on top of my garment. I was familiar with the foam during my research, but it wasn't what my dr used on me. Now to the binder... The binder is like a thick elastic belt (like the ones used back in the 80s by the musician known as Lisa-Lisa). Ladies 40+ should know whom I talking about. Anyway, you're supposed to wrap it tight over your garment. You can get it from "miller medical" and they cost less than $50. Yes, you wear it 24/7, cause your garment is supposed to be on 24/7. You don't wear the foam & binder together. That's overkill if you ask me. These things are supposed to help provide compression not constriction. I will not recommend binders from any other company, because they are NOT the same and as effective. Anyway, hope this helps. The last thing I want to say is that you sounded a bit frustrated the way you ended your last post. Just take things easy. It can be stressful... I know. Just do your part as best as you can. We're here to support you. Hope this helps :-)
Thanx for the info. I was frustrated. It's just that I thought I had things down packed but it turns out I don't. But I'm good, I'm doing everything I can to get good results.
Ha! I did the same thing with my garment! I also think we swell some while we have it off that long. Anyway, the next time I put it in the sun to dry. It actually didn't take as long as I thought it would to dry. And You better learn to get along with your foam girl!
I'm actually starting to like my foams it's just hard to stuff them in. My garment won't close. I need extra man power.
I'm with u on that . It's hard as heck to get them in! Sadly, tho, I have to have help EVERYTIME I take my garment on or off.
Hi there UnderConstructionBaby. I stumbled upon your post after reading your communication with BellaBesos. Isn't she sweet? She's also doing very well with here recovery in her arms too :-) Anyway, I just read your profile and wanted to share some stuff with you that you may find beneficial. I'm one if the ladies on RS who had SL 6+ months ago and started with a garment that was XL. I kept it on through the whole discomfort and dropped to a M by week 3. I know we are all are different when it comes to our recoveries and no two bodies are the same. However, I just want you to know that you will have to put a lot into your post op recovery period in order to get THE BEST outcome that YOU can get and deserve :-). When I say "deserve", I mean, "the best" :-). If you have the time to spare, read my profile. There's a lot of detailed info there. I too used a CG but used a binder on top. I didn't use the foam, but I'm very familiar with it. Many women on here have had success with it, but that's all I can say about them. The binder on the other hand. I can talk about :-) I didn't use and foams. I wore my garment & binder 24/7 except during my shower. I started massaging back with a Shiatsu massager, my abs with my hands in and out of the shower with my hands the first 2wks and by wk 3, I was still doing it MYSELF using an electric percussion massager. You can buy one off of amazon. Just make sure it has multiple replaceable "heads" (at least 3) and comes in varying intensities. You shouldn't spend more than $50 on this. Start doing it on yourself 3-5 times a day for 10-15 minutes with your garment on initially because you will hurt. Gradually increase the intensity. By week 3, you should be doing this without your garment, but a cotton shirt as a barrier between your skin and the massager. The pain/discomfort will slowly become tolerable. Trust me. I might have gone "overboard" with my recovery, but it certainly paid off and that's why I wanted to contact you. I was where you are now. You can do it and you have the support of the other awesome ladies here on RS and me along the way. I'm a teaser and love to have fun :-) So, you've been warned! :-))) 'Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask all the questions in the world. Stay blessed :-)
Thank you so much for your comment. I will definitely check out your profile. I'm comfortable wearing my garment 24/7 it's the abdominal board that I can't handle. The massager is something I didn't know about. I'll be looking into it.