So Far....AMAZING! - Miramar, FL

After living for 6 years with a terribly botched...

After living for 6 years with a terribly botched nose from a primary rhinoplasty, and after months and months of research, I finally selected Dr. Davis for my revision surgery. At my first consultation in February of 2013, he spent over 4 hours with me answering all of my questions and detailing what his plan would be for nose. In the months following, I met with two other highly qualified revision specialists. However, I never felt as comfortable with them as I did with Dr. Davis. Dr. Davis would even quickly respond to all of my emails whenever I had more questions. The best part to me was that he nor his staff EVER pressured me into the surgery. With the other two specialists, I was receiving calls at least once a month between March and August with them asking if I want to schedule my surgery. Having revision rhinoplasty is a huge and very difficult decision to make and the last thing I (or anyone else) want(s) is to be hassled by a plastic surgeon into rushing the surgery date.

Anyway, I have posted some photos and will add more to this review later :)

Swelling

When my splint came off four weeks ago, I was taken aback by how HUGE my nose looked. Even though my nose looked noticeably straighter and more symmetrical, I was terrified that I now had a giant nose to live with. Luckily, as a lot of you know, it was mostly swelling. But I was still panicky and frantically looking around online to see if other people experienced something similar. So I thought to help other people out, that I would post photos that showed the differences in swelling. Obviously my nose still has a lot of swelling, especially in the tip, but at least I can walk outside without feeling like my nose is taking over my face.

I did notice in the photos that it looks like the swelling around the outer sides of my nose is going down much faster than the swelling in the middle (including my columella). I'm figuring that's because Dr. Davis had to do so much work straightening out my septum and reinforcing it that my columella is probably the most swollen part of my nose right now. He said he used septal cartilage fastened to thin bone grafts in order to straighten out and strengthen the columella. I met with him for a follow-up last week and he said that over the next couple months it will start to flatten out more as the swelling subsides.

Either way, my nose looks natural now and I couldn't be happier. Considering the mess (both inside and out) that Dr. Davis had to deal with, I'm absolutely amazed that he was able to construct something that actually looks like a nose and not some twisted blob on my face. My friend jokes that he basically "playdoughed" a new nose on my face.

I really do hope this results hold up! Dr. Davis told me last week that I will have to do a sort of "physical therapy" for my nose, including stretching my nostrils downward to prevent them from retracting back to their original positions. The idea of pulling down on my nostrils sounds terrifying when I'm almost too scared to even touch my nose at all, but I guess he has a point and I'll just have to suck it up!

Working out

So today has been a little over 5 weeks since my revision and I FINALLY worked out for the first time since I had it done. I'm usually pretty active so the last 6 weeks of not exercising at all have been rough. But I've been so paranoid and terrified of swelling that I just couldn't bring myself to exercise. And I've never been so excited to get on an elliptical in my life haha. Usually, I run. But right now I'm still too scared of the impact of running to do that. That might just be unnecessary paranoia, but I keep imagining me sprinting and then jostling my nose loose from my face or something hahaha.

I'm also still getting used to my new reflection. I went shopping with a friend the other day and walked past a mirror and was a bit startled. Not in a bad way. It's just that now my nose reflects light in a different way and it's so strange to see myself looking completely different. Even though I hated my nose after my primary rhinoplasty, I did kind of get used to it and assimilate it into my self-image. But I'm loving it more and more each day and can't wait for it to heal up!

6 weeks post-op

So today has been 6 weeks and 1 day since my surgery. I'm actually surprised to see that the swelling has reduced a lot from even a week ago. I did have an issue with an irritated/mildly infected stitch in my columella and had to make an unscheduled visit to see Dr. Davis today to get it removed and have him write me a prescription for an antibiotic ointment.

He did say it looks like my nostrils are trying to shrink back up to their pre-revision width so he stressed to me the importance of periodically stretching out my nostrils and wearing these round, plastic nose form things at night. I'll do what I need to do to get the best results possible, but it is a bit annoying that I can't just sit back and let my nose heal on its own. But still, the surgery was definitely worth it!

4 months!

Now that it's been almost 4 months since my surgery, I'm starting to feel like I have an actual human nose again. It FINALLY looks like something someone could have been born with instead of some strange appendage in the middle of my face. Except for an excessive paranoia of getting hit in the face, I don't even really notice anymore that I had a rhinoplasty.

I will see Dr. Davis next week so I'm curious to see what he has to say. I still can't breathe too well out of my right nostril, but that was the side that the previous surgeon had left a complete mess. I haven't really noticed much change in the general appearance of my nose over the last couple months either. It's mostly just been the return of normal facial movements (like wiggling my nose) that are making it look more and more natural.

My nose certainly isn't perfect by any means, but I'm incredibly happy with it. It looks natural and much prettier than before. And Dr. Davis has had me in several times since my surgery to check on my progress which I really appreciate. He's even had me talk to a few prospective patients in his office because he's so proud of his work and knows how happy I am as well.

Except for figuring out some unexpected financial issues related to the surgery, I am VERY happy and excited about my results. Dr. Davis really made a great impact on my life.

New photos

I haven't added new photos in awhile, so I thought now that I'm past the 6 month mark, that I would add a few. Not much else to report on otherwise :) My nose has healed well I guess since a dog jumped up and hit me in the face yesterday but no damage! Thank goodness!

Profile photos

Here are the 6 month before/after profile views. Not much has changed in the last couple months, possibly just a slight reduction in residual swelling.

More photos

Forgot to add the 3/4 view photos as well!

Still very happy!

I'll be meeting with Dr. Davis again next week for him to continue tracking my progress. I'm still very happy with my nose! One thing I have noticed about cosmetic surgery experiences though, is that when we pay for these things, we often expect absolute perfection. I have had friends who have had other procedures and I see them complaining about things that are completely normal (such as slightly uneven breasts from implants). I even find myself every now and then picking apart the details of my nose and finding very minor flaws. However, I do realize that our bodies are not perfect and I should never expect any type of surgical procedure to give absolute perfection either. It's just ridiculous. I am truly thankful to Dr. Davis for giving me a nose that no longer looks like a botched nose job. Even in the slight asymmetries that my nose still has, I find it to be natural and beautiful :) Yes, I understand the pain of a bad nose job, and yes, I think people should do what they need to in order to feel normal again (just as I felt that I needed to). Nobody wants to feel like everyone is staring at their ruined nose. However, I also think that we should all cut ourselves some slack and stop trying to be completely perfect, but accept our imperfections for their uniqueness and beauty :)
Pembroke Pines Facial Plastic Surgeon

A wonderfully skilled surgeon, and an incredibly nice person on top of all of that! I could tell he actually cared about how I was feeling and how my primary results had affected my happiness and life in general. He seemed to genuinely want to help me and felt bad that I had to experience such terrible results, unlike a good number of plastic surgeons who only see a person as a paycheck.

Wow! Your nose truly looks incredible. Congratulations on being able to move on and on overcoming some of these demons that come with a negative first surgery experience!
Oh, I'm so happy to see this outcome from Davis. Normally, his patients have too upturned noses with very long distance between the mouth and the nose. I like Dr. Davis a lot, but I wouldn't be happy at all with a shorter nose. However, if he would do what he did with yours, I would be extremely happy. What did you ask him to do with your nose? Did you ask for lengthening? After seeing your case, I feel more optimistic and with more hope. Thanks for sharing your case and journey.
Hmmmm....I didn't specifically ask for lengthening. In fact, all of the photos I saw of prior patients results' showed them with lengthened noses, some of them appearing pointier and that was actually my biggest concern with Davis. All I did was reiterate to him that I didn't want a super pointy nose. But other than that, I didn't specify anything in particular and he showed me a computer morph that I absolutely loved. He even commented how my nose was too short and upturned from my primary so I think he knew from the beginning that lengthening it was important.
Thanks for your quick response. I guess I will have to insist on my desire to have more length and more columella show to avoid increasing the distance between the base of the nose and the upper lip. I'm sure you are super happy with that result. You are a very lucky girl. This is one of Davis' best results I've seen so far. :-)
Misslila2- I'm considering dr Davis. I'm concerned about your comment that normally his patient's noses are too upturned. How have you come to that conclusion? I saw your post on one of his patients asking her if she asked for a short nose. Is this where you came to that conclusion or were there other posts ? Can you direct me to some other examples? Thanks
You look awesome, I am SOOO happy for you. I too had a revision with Dr Davis a little over a year ago and I agree, he genuinely cares about his patients. Your nose looks like you were born with it. Congratulations :)
Thank you! He really is a fantastic surgeon!
Such great points you bring up! We must expect improvement, not perfection... though I do think your nose now is "perfect" for your face.
I am happy for you. You look stunning. I had my revision 2 weeks ago and I'm so happy I did. My nose is still swollen but I know it will only get better!!
very nice update - thank you! so happy for you :)
I planing have nose revision this summer with Richard Davis i thinks this very good dr .Thanks for shering your story because its gives hope
So beautyful u are.I never tell you have nose job its looks natural:)
you look absolutely gorgeous!!!! Ur nose looks perfect! And most importantly you looks so happy :)
what an excellent outlook!! very beautiful nose job too!!
Yes, I agree! Great words of wisdom.
Hi, just a quick update are still happy with your nose?
I am happy with it :) My only regret is that I didn't go to Dr. Davis for my primary. I think my nose could look "perfect" if I hadn't allowed it to be totally botched by Dr. Guiloff. However, Dr. Davis did an amazing job and except for the differences in swelling since surgery, my nose has held it's shape since the day of the revision. It's only been 8 months, but I'm very confident that these results will last.
That's great news!!
Does anyone happen to know if Dr. Davis offers financing options such as CareCredit? Thanks so much for any information!
He sure does! I used care credit to cover his surgical fees. However, the hospital will not accept it so you'll need to be able to pay for that some other way.
There are many happy Davis patients that had very bad cases before they saw him. Also, I don't see how Davis advertises himself when I have to specify what kid of surgeon he is when I search him on google, he keeps a low profile. I've done my research and it would have been helpful if you directed people which websites to search instead of just making pointless comments on here. Anyway, I will not be replying to this, if you have a problem with Davis, start your own thread instead of repeatedly writing things on someone else's review.
Auroraber your wrong google revision rhinoplast see who pops up
I wish you the best. You are obviously uninformed of practices doctors use. BTW it's not allowed here to post links to other forums or website.
Hi Slurpee.Pls maybe u can send me too your nose photos in my email?its will be so help
I met with revision surgeons across the country before I decided on Davis. I researched for years, talked to patients, and frequented every forum. Davis was hands down the best. He was also one of the cheapest, although I only met with the big names. I wasn't going to take just anybody since I've been there done that. I definitely don't think he's after money. Without insurance it's $3,500 for hospital on top of his fee. With insurance things can differ depending on contracted rates. That's how it is with all the docs. Davis has been practicing for over 20 years and has down way over 3,000 noses. Just do the math. He specializes in noses. One of the best. Price wasn't a concern to me since it was my 5th procedure. I am forever grateful to this man.