New, Flat Tummy for Mom of 3 - Minnesota

I'm a busy mom of 3 and so ready to finally...

I'm a busy mom of 3 and so ready to finally have a smooth, flat tummy again. I'm sick of looking at the sagging skin that just hangs and doesn't go anywhere!

Finally decided to take the big leap- pick up the phone and make my appt. for a consult. I excercise 3-4 days a week- cardio/circuit training with weights, and pilates. Nothing seems to help get rid of the "sag". Feeling really good about spending money on myself for once! Looking forward to sharing this journey with other TT peeps!! :)

A turn of events for me! Broke my hand! Yes,...

A turn of events for me! Broke my hand! Yes, I'm serious- and all I can think about is how will this affect my TT surgery? And, of course, it's my right hand- learning to do everything with my left. I'm trying to put this all in perspective, though. It could be worse, it could be my leg. Oh well, if there is anything good out of this, it is that my kids are doing stuff for me, and adapting quickly to there new roles, come May 12! I'll be 5 1/2 weeks into my recovery of my fracture the day of my TT. Hoping this doesn't interfere with that!

I am 2 weeks away now and soooo ready!! My hand is...

I am 2 weeks away now and soooo ready!! My hand is healing well and is not going to stop me from having a flat tummy. I have it in a splint which I can take off for showering.

I'm a bit nervous about having both a TT and lipo of inner and outer thighs done together. But, my PS is very confident that it won't be a problem, and it is very common to do both procedures together. Curious about the recovery with both. I know I'll have a compression garment on for thighs and tummy- hope I can move with that on! I'm thinking I'll be feeling like a stuffed sausage. :(

This site is so wonderful for support! Thank you to everyone for your encouragement. My pre-op is May 4th with surgery on the 12th. Looking forward to posting my after pics!!

I had my pre-op yesterday. Bought my Mothers Day...

I had my pre-op yesterday. Bought my Mothers Day present! So happy, nervous, scared and excited wrapped up into one big ole emotion!! Getting ready for next week- laundry and nesting, basically. Looking forward to getting this done and behind me.

I did it! And, I can tell you that it is no walk...

I did it! And, I can tell you that it is no walk in the park, but with some good pain managment, it is bearable. The day of surgery, they gave me something in my IV, put me in a wheelchair, I remember saying good bye to my wonderful husband, and then- I was back in the wheelchair being transfered to my recovery recliner in the surgery center. Amazing. Was home by 3 pm, felt great and then decompensated quickly, because all the anesthetic they injected into my tummy had worn off. :( The first night home I slept on our comfy sectional- except I was so nauseated from the Lortab and all. It really was a horrible night. So I stopped taking the Lortab and went to taking 2 Extra Strength Tylenol, but honestly, there is no way I could get pain relief from that. So, long story short, called my PS, he changed up my meds, and added a anti-nausea med and now I feel like a new woman!! I can say that I'm comfortable now. I can only walk from my family room area (where I'm camped out) to the bathroom and back. I have on a girdle that goes from under my breasts to my knees, because I also had lipo on my inner and outer thigh. That pain is not bad at all!! Just sore. I love my compression garment that they put on me, because it's got a hole in the peri area, so I put a funnel down there, and stand over the toilet to go.

I'm so relieved it's behind me. Now I just gotta rest, and be very patient with myself. That is hard for me right now, because my family has to do everything, and get everything for me! But they are wonderful. Just a quick story- my 8 year old found a bell for me and put it by me to ring when I need something!! Having their support and understanding is so comforting!!

I'm so excited to see my tummy. I can shower today, if I want to, but I'm so scared to take this girdle off, cause I can't imagine getting it back on!! It's so tight!!

Thanks for all the wonderful support on here!!

Just changed my "was it worth it?"...

Just changed my "was it worth it?" status to undecided, ONLY because I haven't seen my tummy and lipo results yet. And, realistically, I know it takes a long time to see final results. But, as of now, i need to see my new flat tummy. Not going to shower tonight because I'm very nervous about removing the girdle, and I know my hubby will have more time tomorrow. And frankly, I'm exhausted and uncomfortable.

Day 6 post - op I'm feeling better today,...

Day 6 post - op

I'm feeling better today, although I feel really swollen!! Posting some pics. I'm still bent over a bit. Really love my low incision. There is a small vertical one, but it will be easily hidden with my bikini bottom on. See my PS tomorrow, highly doubt that the drains will be removed as I'm still having alot of drainge.

I'm 3 weeks on Thursday- still have one drain,...

I'm 3 weeks on Thursday- still have one drain, and I"m starting to feel discouraged. :( It's draining about 45cc/day. I don't get it!! I wonder what the record is for having a drain in??? I'm also feeling really sore and puffy today. Thinking I might have over-done it yesterday. I also pushed myself a bit this morning with cleaning and picking stuff up. I know I need to be patient with myself and my body, but I'm feeling a bit down about this recovery. I'm having a difficult time getting comfortable at night sleeping, and wake up SORE!! Is that normal?

Thanks everyone for listening to my complaints. Sometimes you just gotta vent about stuff, and today is the day I do that.

3 weeks, one drain, and I had a whopping 60cc from...

3 weeks, one drain, and I had a whopping 60cc from it yesterday! Crazy. I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude about it, and realize that my body needs this drain to help it heal. But it really stinks, just have to say. I'm curious as to how long it will be with me. :) I'm hiding it really well. It fits in my bra perfectly, and it's kinda like a got a breast lift, too! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully a better one!!

who was your doctor? im looking to get a tummy tuck in minnesota too !
YAY!!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you now that you are free from drains! No I have had no issues with seroma or anything else. Just some minor swelling. When I did have my drains in, the most I ever put out in a day was 30cc's and that was just the first three days after that it was between 10-20 cc's. He removed them at 7 days and i was only draining like 3-5cc's. I am so glad I did not have any issues with them. I literally did NOTHING for the first two weeks of recovery and still now I am doing very little, mainly cooking, sweeping, and laundry. =) My husband takes care of the rest(which is nice since i know my time will come quickly again to do it all).
Again I am very happy for your hurdle you jumped yesterday!! Can't wait to see your results!!
I can totally relate on the standing situation, I feel the exact same way my shoulders just keep wanting to come down since my upper abs pull too!! The wedding is this sunday and I have been to the stores looking for everything needed! I hope I last the night, I get so tired after a couple of hours of activity. The lipo on my chin is coming out nice, just very slow in the swelling to go down. Plus the compression garment that I have to wear is miserable!!! Sleeping with it is so uncomfortable! But like you said Yada yada yada, I need to just be quiet and follow directions to get the best results. The final results for the chin are at a min. of three months, but so far so good!!

Sorry about your drain issue, I can imagine how they drag you down. I had mine for 7 days and already felt like I had them forever. My before pics disappeared from my account so I need to redo them and post some after ones too! I hope we keep in touch even after our journey, you have become a special friend to me. Thanks for your friendship, I really appreciate it!
Hi isabelle,
Hope your doing good!! I am starting to feel a little more normal but not quite there yet!! Are you standing totally straight or do you still have a little bend to you? I am straight but if I stretch to be completely straight it really pulls on my muscles and feels really tight! I guess its fear too that I might mess something up. I finally went "out" for dinner and it was pretty interesting. lol =) I am sure ppl can tell I was a little handicap since I am cautious how I move in my seat and walk. HAHA I have just been taking it really easy so I can get the best results. Well I hope your doing well!
Hi!! Thank you for your nice note!! We are 4 weeks tomorrow!! And, I STILL have one drain. This is really bumming me out. :( I'm feeling discouraged that my body is not absorbing this fluid. My PS will take it out when it's draining less than 30cc/day for 2 consecutive days. Yesterday, I was 40cc. This morning, I only had 10cc in it, so I'm hopeful today will be a "low drainage" day!! Seriously, this is soooo discouraging. I'm trying to remain positive- my body needs it, it's better than going in every 2 days to aspirate it, this is just the way it is, be patient, things could be worse- yadda yadda yadda.

On a better note- my hubby and I went out for dinner a couple nights ago, enjoyed a bottle of wine- it was lovely. Starting to feel human again, but gotta get rid of this drain!!!!! I am still cautious when getting up, too. And, can't FULLY stand straight with my shoulders back, although I am standing pretty straight. I still feel the "pull" from my upper abdomen by my ribs which want to pull my shoulders down. Can you relate to that?

When is the wedding that you have coming up? Thinking about you with that!! And, how are you liking your results from the lipo to chin? I am LOVING the results from my thigh lipo. Can't wait to post pics of that when my computer will cooperate. And, of course, I LOVE my flat tummy and belly button!!

I'll let you know when my drain comes out. (if it ever does!)
Take care, friend!
Just wondering how things are going? Did you get your last drain out?? I finally got my surgery scheduled--June 28th. I hope you're doing well!!
TOMORROW!!!!!!! My drain comes out tomorrow- June 12th. :) It has been 4 1/2 weeks!! can you believe it??? Crazy, I think..

June 28?? Good for you! You'll never regret it. My tummy is so flat, I love that. And, my thighs are skinny after my lipo. I couldn't be happier. Hopefully, my body will like the fact that the drain is out, and not accumulate any fluid under the skin..

Curious where you decided to have your surgery at. You can email me, if your comfortable with that. Good luck to you!! Happy for you!!
Mom2Four-
Yes. I have a small vertical scar. :) I brought my bikini bottom in and wore it during the pre-surgical markings so my PS could make the incision and not interfere with my swimsuit. My incision is super low, and the vertical scar goes right up to the top of my bikini bottom. It should hide well under my suit.

I still have one drain, it's been 3 weeks, and I am bummed. It's draining 60 cc/day, and it's getting hard for me to see the end of it. Hopefully it will settle down and I will soon have it out. I am discouraged, though.

I'll post pics soon. Still am having a difficult time with my computer. I wish I could post pics directly from my phone, but it looks as though I have to do it through my computer. How are you doing? I appreciate your thoughts!!
Hey isabelle Our tummies looked very similar before surger...I'm curious if you have a vertical scar where old belly button was or were they able to pull it all the way down?
Darn drains. That does seem like a long time. Feel free to vent all you want. That is what we are here for. I hope your drainage slowes so you can get them out soon. Keep thinking positive and vent whenever you want to blow off some irritation.
Glad to here your doing good. I still haven't taken my binder off my PS said I could sponge bath and that's it. Can't wait to see your new flat belly :)
Glad to hear you doing okay though! Would love to hear about your leg lipo so want some now! LOL Excited to see some post op pics your going to look so awesome.
Hows it going?? Cant wait to see your after pictures!!
Glad you are home & well! Also nice that you have such great support - that is so important. You only get one chance at recovery! I had a hard time having everyone help me, I felt bad at first, but it is necessary!
Get some rest & can't wait to see your after pictures! You looked great before, so I am sure you will look awesome!
Hey girls-
Surgery went well!! I'm so glad I finally have my pain under control, because now I can sleep and rest. It is definitely no walk in the park,, but with good pain managemet is is bearable!! I'm so excited to see my tummy- I can shower tonight, but honestly I am so scared to take off my girdle, cause I;m afrain I won;t be able to get it back on. Thanks so much for your support and care- it means alot to me!
So glad to hear everything went well for you and that you are on your way to a new you! The healing process seems to go on forever but it gets better with each day even when you can't feel tht it is. Before you know it you will be all done and able to do the things you love doing...:).

I'm 2 months out now and I am just now able to lay on my stomach in the tub or stretch...lol. I am also able to go fishing again without worrying if I am going to bump my scar or tear something. And of course, finally able to be comfortable with having sex...lol. It was something i had to wait on because I couldn't stand up or move without pain. So I am glad that I am at this point now...feeling normal again. Gotta love it!
How are you feeling?
I hope your surgery went well!!
I hope your day went great and you are feeling alright. I had my consultation today--the doctor was okay. I didn't love him so I'm going to see how my consults go in Mnpls before I decide anything. The hardest part right now is that my husband is totally unsupportive of this. When I got home tonight he didn't even ask how my appointment went so I have no one really to talk to about it. It sucks!
Greengirl-
I'm sorry to hear your hubby can't support you right now regarding the TT. I really think it's so important to have total support at home because you really Need it post op. It would be difficult to recover without that. Give him some time!! I think you need to fnd out the root cause of his concerns. Because, the more knowledge he and you have of the surgery and post-op, the better. Thinking about you- hang in there.

Thinking about you today. Go get 'em!

Good luck Isabelle! I will be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how things go. I'm having my first consultation tomorrow!
I noticed that you and two others are listed on the upcoming surgeries for tomorrow calendar, but I'm not. I can't help but wonder why. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow as well.
How did your surgery go?? How are you doing? I finally got my pain under control which is helping immensely!! Keep me posted on how everything went!
Hi I just wanted to stop by and say good luck to you and hopefully we both have an easy experience and smooth recovery. I will keep you in my thoughts and wish for the best. =)