New, Flat Tummy for Mom of 3 - Minnesota

I'm a busy mom of 3 and so ready to finally...

I'm a busy mom of 3 and so ready to finally have a smooth, flat tummy again. I'm sick of looking at the sagging skin that just hangs and doesn't go anywhere!

Finally decided to take the big leap- pick up the phone and make my appt. for a consult. I excercise 3-4 days a week- cardio/circuit training with weights, and pilates. Nothing seems to help get rid of the "sag". Feeling really good about spending money on myself for once! Looking forward to sharing this journey with other TT peeps!! :)

So glad that you have made the decision to do this for yourself. You are going to be so pleased. You will have wonderful results because you are in your ideal weight range and you work out on a regular basis. The confidence boost that you are going to feel is going to be amazing. I am four weeks post op and I am feeling so much more confident in myself. My clothes fit so much better and my tummy doesn't sit in my lap anymore,,lol. By summertime and bikini season I will be healed and ready to show off the new me! As will you! I am excited for you and look forward to reading about your journey. Don't hesitate to ask any question about your procedure or the healing process. We are here for you! God Bless!
Thank you so much for your encouragement and nice words. I am so ready to treat myself to a flat, smooth and wrinkle-free tummy. The support on here means so much to me, as I'm trying to keep my surgery confidential. Thank you for your support and understanding!!

It sounds like you have definitely done all the exercise you can do. If that doesn't work and you truly want a flat belly, a tummy tuck is the next step! You look like a great candidate for this. Thanks so much for posting your story and photos on RealSelf!

If you haven't yet, you might want to check out Kimmer's Month by Month Tummy Tuck Diary, as well as the Facebook page I started called Moms Who Want Their Bodies Back. We discuss everything from plastic surgery to exercise to healthy recipes.

Good luck! I'll be following your journey with interest.

A turn of events for me! Broke my hand! Yes,...

A turn of events for me! Broke my hand! Yes, I'm serious- and all I can think about is how will this affect my TT surgery? And, of course, it's my right hand- learning to do everything with my left. I'm trying to put this all in perspective, though. It could be worse, it could be my leg. Oh well, if there is anything good out of this, it is that my kids are doing stuff for me, and adapting quickly to there new roles, come May 12! I'll be 5 1/2 weeks into my recovery of my fracture the day of my TT. Hoping this doesn't interfere with that!

Hi How are you feeling with your hand? Hope things are getting healed for you so you can be ready for our big day on the 12th? I went to my pre op and still forgot to ask some questions. lol =) Make sure you try to write everything down you want answered as soon as you think of it. I did it the day before and had many things i forgot to put on my list. Well i hope you have a good pre op!! It gets you more excited since you pay the full amount and then it hits you that your actually getting this done soon!!! Three weeks and counting! =)
Hi newtummy4be- thank you for your nice thoughts and words! :) My hand is so much better! I am in a splint and am moving my fingers well. The splint just fixates the hand itself, not the wrist, so I can move my hand freely. Still am unable to lift things with it, but at least I can take it off to shower and such. We just got back from vacation, which was wonderful, and I was able to have a waterproof splint for snorkeling and swimming. Probably more info than you needed, but I appreciate your thoughts. We are on the countdown to the 12th, and I am more than ready to get closer to bikini land!! My pre-op is on the 4th and I can't wait!! We'll be 2 weeks to a flatter tummy this Thursday, girl!!
Wow That's crazy I couldn't imagine dealing with a broken hand right now. All I keep thinking about is May and that it can't get here fast enough. You will be fine time will past and you will be looking back at yourself saying I can't believe I got threw all this. Heads up keep your eye on the prize a flat new TUMMY :)

Soon enough we will be posting our bikini pics and feeling great.

I am 2 weeks away now and soooo ready!! My hand is...

I am 2 weeks away now and soooo ready!! My hand is healing well and is not going to stop me from having a flat tummy. I have it in a splint which I can take off for showering.

I'm a bit nervous about having both a TT and lipo of inner and outer thighs done together. But, my PS is very confident that it won't be a problem, and it is very common to do both procedures together. Curious about the recovery with both. I know I'll have a compression garment on for thighs and tummy- hope I can move with that on! I'm thinking I'll be feeling like a stuffed sausage. :(

This site is so wonderful for support! Thank you to everyone for your encouragement. My pre-op is May 4th with surgery on the 12th. Looking forward to posting my after pics!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I had my pre-op yesterday. Bought my Mothers Day...

I had my pre-op yesterday. Bought my Mothers Day present! So happy, nervous, scared and excited wrapped up into one big ole emotion!! Getting ready for next week- laundry and nesting, basically. Looking forward to getting this done and behind me.

How are you feeling?
I hope your surgery went well!!
I hope your day went great and you are feeling alright. I had my consultation today--the doctor was okay. I didn't love him so I'm going to see how my consults go in Mnpls before I decide anything. The hardest part right now is that my husband is totally unsupportive of this. When I got home tonight he didn't even ask how my appointment went so I have no one really to talk to about it. It sucks!

I did it! And, I can tell you that it is no walk...

I did it! And, I can tell you that it is no walk in the park, but with some good pain managment, it is bearable. The day of surgery, they gave me something in my IV, put me in a wheelchair, I remember saying good bye to my wonderful husband, and then- I was back in the wheelchair being transfered to my recovery recliner in the surgery center. Amazing. Was home by 3 pm, felt great and then decompensated quickly, because all the anesthetic they injected into my tummy had worn off. :( The first night home I slept on our comfy sectional- except I was so nauseated from the Lortab and all. It really was a horrible night. So I stopped taking the Lortab and went to taking 2 Extra Strength Tylenol, but honestly, there is no way I could get pain relief from that. So, long story short, called my PS, he changed up my meds, and added a anti-nausea med and now I feel like a new woman!! I can say that I'm comfortable now. I can only walk from my family room area (where I'm camped out) to the bathroom and back. I have on a girdle that goes from under my breasts to my knees, because I also had lipo on my inner and outer thigh. That pain is not bad at all!! Just sore. I love my compression garment that they put on me, because it's got a hole in the peri area, so I put a funnel down there, and stand over the toilet to go.

I'm so relieved it's behind me. Now I just gotta rest, and be very patient with myself. That is hard for me right now, because my family has to do everything, and get everything for me! But they are wonderful. Just a quick story- my 8 year old found a bell for me and put it by me to ring when I need something!! Having their support and understanding is so comforting!!

I'm so excited to see my tummy. I can shower today, if I want to, but I'm so scared to take this girdle off, cause I can't imagine getting it back on!! It's so tight!!

Thanks for all the wonderful support on here!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Just changed my "was it worth it?"...

Just changed my "was it worth it?" status to undecided, ONLY because I haven't seen my tummy and lipo results yet. And, realistically, I know it takes a long time to see final results. But, as of now, i need to see my new flat tummy. Not going to shower tonight because I'm very nervous about removing the girdle, and I know my hubby will have more time tomorrow. And frankly, I'm exhausted and uncomfortable.

Glad to here your doing good. I still haven't taken my binder off my PS said I could sponge bath and that's it. Can't wait to see your new flat belly :)
Glad to hear you doing okay though! Would love to hear about your leg lipo so want some now! LOL Excited to see some post op pics your going to look so awesome.
Hows it going?? Cant wait to see your after pictures!!

Day 6 post - op I'm feeling better today,...

Day 6 post - op

I'm feeling better today, although I feel really swollen!! Posting some pics. I'm still bent over a bit. Really love my low incision. There is a small vertical one, but it will be easily hidden with my bikini bottom on. See my PS tomorrow, highly doubt that the drains will be removed as I'm still having alot of drainge.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I'm 3 weeks on Thursday- still have one drain,...

I'm 3 weeks on Thursday- still have one drain, and I"m starting to feel discouraged. :( It's draining about 45cc/day. I don't get it!! I wonder what the record is for having a drain in??? I'm also feeling really sore and puffy today. Thinking I might have over-done it yesterday. I also pushed myself a bit this morning with cleaning and picking stuff up. I know I need to be patient with myself and my body, but I'm feeling a bit down about this recovery. I'm having a difficult time getting comfortable at night sleeping, and wake up SORE!! Is that normal?

Thanks everyone for listening to my complaints. Sometimes you just gotta vent about stuff, and today is the day I do that.

Darn drains. That does seem like a long time. Feel free to vent all you want. That is what we are here for. I hope your drainage slowes so you can get them out soon. Keep thinking positive and vent whenever you want to blow off some irritation.

3 weeks, one drain, and I had a whopping 60cc from...

3 weeks, one drain, and I had a whopping 60cc from it yesterday! Crazy. I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude about it, and realize that my body needs this drain to help it heal. But it really stinks, just have to say. I'm curious as to how long it will be with me. :) I'm hiding it really well. It fits in my bra perfectly, and it's kinda like a got a breast lift, too! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully a better one!!

who was your doctor? im looking to get a tummy tuck in minnesota too !
YAY!!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you now that you are free from drains! No I have had no issues with seroma or anything else. Just some minor swelling. When I did have my drains in, the most I ever put out in a day was 30cc's and that was just the first three days after that it was between 10-20 cc's. He removed them at 7 days and i was only draining like 3-5cc's. I am so glad I did not have any issues with them. I literally did NOTHING for the first two weeks of recovery and still now I am doing very little, mainly cooking, sweeping, and laundry. =) My husband takes care of the rest(which is nice since i know my time will come quickly again to do it all).
Again I am very happy for your hurdle you jumped yesterday!! Can't wait to see your results!!
I can totally relate on the standing situation, I feel the exact same way my shoulders just keep wanting to come down since my upper abs pull too!! The wedding is this sunday and I have been to the stores looking for everything needed! I hope I last the night, I get so tired after a couple of hours of activity. The lipo on my chin is coming out nice, just very slow in the swelling to go down. Plus the compression garment that I have to wear is miserable!!! Sleeping with it is so uncomfortable! But like you said Yada yada yada, I need to just be quiet and follow directions to get the best results. The final results for the chin are at a min. of three months, but so far so good!!

Sorry about your drain issue, I can imagine how they drag you down. I had mine for 7 days and already felt like I had them forever. My before pics disappeared from my account so I need to redo them and post some after ones too! I hope we keep in touch even after our journey, you have become a special friend to me. Thanks for your friendship, I really appreciate it!