Alive & Kicking:) March 9th FTT W/MR & Lipo - Minnesota

Hi, I am 41 years old, single mom with a beautiful...

Hi, I am 41 years old, single mom with a beautiful teenager daughter. I am 5'6 and 180lbs. Over two years ago I was at 225lbs and when I was pregnant way back when I ballooned up to 240. I had toximia/preeclampsia. I truly have been dreaming for this day for years!:)

I had my surgery at 8:45 this morning. My body hurts (of course) but overall I mentally feel fantastic. Staying in one position is good:) Currently resting in a hotel room as I have a 10:15 appointment tomorrow then I go home which is a 2 hr drive. I must admit I am tired but the body does not want to sleep. So glad I have my laptop:)

I am very happy with my doctor and nurses. Though I know the first 3 days are the hardest I have my eye on the prize -- in time enjoying my improved body:)

I hope to post before pictures this weekend and write updates on my process. Again, my process is early but I will provide more feed back later on my experience. Take Care:)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

March 10 - The day after - I slept pretty well. I...

March 10 - The day after - I slept pretty well. I set my alarm clock to take my pain meds at 2am and 6am. I woke up on my own both times (before the alarm went off) as my body was ready for the pain reliever. I also was able to go to the bathroom myself. Again, it hurts but I did do it:)

It was tough to get out of bed...VERY stiff. I could feel everything TT, MR and the lipo on my back. I am pretty well bent over but as I walk I straighten up pretty well.

I had my post op appt. My tummy looks really good. Belly button looks a lot different but like everything else it just needs time. I became faint during my appointment. I think it is because of the meds along with the pain to sit in the chair and that as the most walking I had endured since the surgery. The nurse re-adjusted me and turn on a fan and in a couple minutes I was good. I only have one drain which I am happy about.

I am currently home from the 2 1/2 hour drive. I am suppose to go back in a week to get the drain out. I have a friend who did a mommy makeover and her drain was not ready to be taken out in a week so I am prepared that I may be in the same boat.

I am home alone but seriously I feel well. My good friend lives two blocks way if I need her. I know each day will get better:) I'm going to get a bite to eat and then rest.

Thanks so much for posting so soon after your surgery. It sounds like you're doing great! If you get a chance, read Kimmers' Month by Month tummy tuck diary. It's full of all kinds of recovery information.

I'll be reading your updates with interest! Please keep posting.

I had a friend who took me back and forth from the doctor. There is no way one could drive themselves. It is very painful to get in and out of the car.

My friend helped me with my drains the first couple times and then I took over. I am a very prideful person so even on the day of the surgery I got myself to the washroom by myself. Again, it is not easy. I have a great friend but I know her limits:)

Yes, having one drain is awesome!! I am so thankful. As for tips...others have shared lots of pillows, take your meds on time (I set my alarm on my phone for 2am and 6am but the pain actually woke me up 30 before my medication time.)

MR is muscle repair. So I had a full tummy tuck/muscle repair/lipo on legs and back. I did not feel the pain of the lipo until today. The pain meds make you a bit foggy.

I would sincerely suggest having someone to help you after the surgery. I knew going in I would not have much help but I appreciate what my friend could provide:)
Hey there and thanks for your update. It really helps people like us who are booked in the near future (April 4) I'm so happy for you that you are doing pretty good so far. I cant believe your home alone and able to walk to the washroom by yourself. How awsome is that to have only one drain :-) Did you drive back yourself the next day? Also, you mention you slept pretty well the 1st night. Any tips or suggestions on how you did this would be great ! Oh by the way, what is MR ?? (sorry so many questions!) Take care of yourself and do show us some before/after pics when you feel up to it.

Very sore today -- legs, back and tummy. I...

Very sore today -- legs, back and tummy.

I slept in my bed last night. It felt good getting in last night but hard to get out this morning. I think I am going to be sleeping on the couch today.

I do not own a recliner but I am thinking it would be good to have one. It is hard to get comfy, but once you do find the perfect way to sit or lay down....life is then great:)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I just took a long nap and feel A LOT better. The...

I just took a long nap and feel A LOT better. The couch is my friend....we have bonded quite well, lol! No BM yet. Since I have been home I have taken 4 doses. (1 yesterday and three today) I am going to wait three more hours and if nothing I will take another swig. I don't feel uncomfortable just feel like something needs to happen before there is an issue.

Oh, as for me the lipo hurts just as bad as the TT. For some reason I thought the TT would mask the other pain....nope.....I was wrong.

My other suggestion is to document when you take your meds. I just realized I should have taken my muscle relaxing pill about two hours ago (I was sleeping so did not notice any issue but am now feeling it.)

MN_Sunshine, what does the pain from the lipo feel like? I had lipo on my flanks and back, all I really feel is bruised and the skin feeling extra sensitive like when you get a bad sunburn. My hubby just gave me a sponge bath and I was able to bend over the kitchen sink, and even washed my hair! I could sit just long enough in the bathroom to dry it real quick. Not a real shower, but still felt good. Just praying that the cramps I'm starting to have means the MOM is about to kick in. TMI I know, but the full
gassy feeling is no fun.
The pain from the lipo feels like I was run over by a truck. I had lipo in my sides (my muffin top), flanks, inside knees and back. The doctor had some extra time so my back was a bonus for me. I don't regret getting it done.....I am just surprised it hurts that much.

Tell hubby he gets a HUGE THUMBS UP!! He sounds like a wonderful man:) Also, no worries about TMI info. We're in the same boat! I'm gonna take another swig of MOM soon. Just need to get the ole' body moving:)

I know the extra sleep this afternoon did wonders for me today.
Well, MOM does work just fine. Actually, it works too good as I am running back and forth to the bathroom...LOL. I shouldn't have taken that last swig!

Again, I am keeping good spirits because I would rather have that problem verses not being able to go at all:)

I'm feeling better today, but tired. Had a BM...

I'm feeling better today, but tired. Had a BM last night. Must admit I probably took too much MOM but I will survive.

Today, I am super gassy:( Tummy rumbles and rumbles so I run to the restroom and nothing happens. Decided to have some 7-up. That seems to make it a bit better.

My daughter is coming down with a bad cold. I sure do not need to get that. Her dad was suppose to pick her up at 10am this morning but due to the roads it will not be til later this afternoon or tomorrow.

Thinking of taking a shower tomorrow. Still sore but every day does get better:)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Post Op Day 4. Yes, each day does get better:) I...

Post Op Day 4. Yes, each day does get better:) I washed my CG & stockings & took a shower today. I was very light headed after taking off the garment so I rested for a bit before I got in the shower.

In the shower I did feel faint so I knelt down on my knees. Once I recouped I stood back up. It was a short shower but it felt wonderful! Afterwards I laid down as I was exhausted. Again, I would suggest to everyone who is having a TT to have someone to be with you. If you don't I would suggest that a tub chair would be very smart to have:) I wish I had one.

I also added some pre op pictures and one post op. I am so glad I took pre op pictures because as I heal I can look back & realize what a different the TT, MR and Lipo has made.

HOLY MOSES!! You look wonderful!!! Good for you! Things can only keep getting better for you!! :)
Thank you:) I debated for a long time if I should take before pictures and now I am so glad I did. My tummy actually was stretch more than I thought it was.

I looked at your review and see that your day is coming. I can't wait to see your after pics too:) I am so happy to have this site to visit with others who are in the same boat. Tomorrow is post op day 5. I can't wait. Each day gets better:)
MN_Sunshine, looking good!! Late last night by far was the worse for me. I'm so miserable with these drains and just want them out. Today I've had a headache all day. Anyone else experience this 4-5 post op? Hoping tomorrow is better.

Day 5 - Decided to try just tylonel today. So far...

Day 5 - Decided to try just tylonel today. So far so good. I also rubbed Arnica ointment on my bruises it feels like it is making a difference. My body is swollen and my output into my drain is changing to a lighter color which is a good sign.

I worked a 1/2 day from home today. By 2:30 I was ready for a nap. I have not been very hungry but I decided to eat a salad as I know my body needs energy.

I am working a 1/2 day tomorrow. It will be my first day out of the house. I will let you all know how that goes.

Overall, day 5 is great and I am looking forward to day 6.

You look great at 4 days...Imagine it in 3 months. Congrats....
Thank you all for your kind comments. :) Again, I am so glad I took before pictures.

I rarely look at myself in the mirror so these pictures really helped me to see what a difference the surgery has made. Wishing you all the best:)!!
Wow, your tummy looks amazing! Thanks for posting your pics!

Today is day 6! I feel fantastic:) Still using...

Today is day 6! I feel fantastic:) Still using Tylenol and finishing up my antibotics. I drove for the first time and all went well. I worked a 1/2 day and now home to do a bit of laundry.

I still have my drain and it bothers me on occasion. The output is still too high so I need to have it for awhile longer. Don't get me wrong there is still pain but overall I feel so much better.

Knock on wood I think I am past the worst part of it all.

You look amazing!
Thanks Kimmers! I'm feeling great too:)
Thank you so much ladies:) You make me smile!!

13 days post op and my tube is out! I am soooo...

13 days post op and my tube is out! I am soooo happy! I feel great.

I do believe having an exercise routine prior to having surgery is very important. Try to be as healthy as you can be:) I felt that help me bounce back quicker.

Again, a huge thumbs up. Looking forward to when six weeks pass so I can start exercising again.

Not prepared tp show a picture. Doing great and have had no problems..
There is a small area that is a little fatter? Than the other side but I'm not quibbling. it really does take about months for the numbness to subside.In fact I still feel it occasionally. Best of luck !
Hey, I'm just wondering how you are doing now? I would love to see an updated pic. I had a tummy tuck done by Dr. Fasching about 7 weeks ago and am pretty happy with the results. I don't love my belly button but am hoping that will change. I also am not as flat as I was hoping but I think it's still swelling and think it will get better once I start exercising again. Hope you're doing well!
thanks, I will try it.. It always helped when I had lower back pain.
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Many years of experience, good bedside manner and of course very professional.