Mini TT 100% Worth It! - Minnesota

My experience was great all in all. The day of...

My experience was great all in all. The day of surgery I was very scard and almost walked out, but because my nurse & Dr.assured me that everything would be fine I did it! I am so glad that I did it. The cons would be just not knowing the prep for after surgery. There was a lot of bleeding so use old sheets and jammies you don't care about. Ask a lot of questions. The pros would be of course the way it looks! I'm not feeling the extra skin anymore from my 2 c-sections, it's great!

I live in Minnesota and am looking to get a mini tt. What doctor did you use?
I didn't see any bad comments on your thread. R u sure it wasn't someone else's thread or were the rude comments sent privately? So sorry to hear that as I just had a mini and would have loved to see your pics. Maybe you can send me them privately. Rude people r just jealous of you.
Yep. Not ok with some of the comments. I have tried to delete my acount, but apparently that is not that easy.
Did you take your pictures down I don't see them?
I had a mini TT done Dec 22, 2011 with muscle repair, Dr Joseph Alcon, Elizabeth NJ. I took no pain medication post op, as yes, I felt some soreness and tightness. Was bent over for 3 days, straight after a week. Went to work today after 10 days post op, and wore a new clingy dress, and wow the compliments didnt stop. Even though I'm still swollen! Now I know why women who get breast enhancements always want to show off the girls! I feel fabulous and can't wait to pick my outfit for the next day! Will be wearing the "Victorian" corset for 3 more weeks but am getting used to it. By the way, I had 2 drains and much lower than yours; had one taken out after 1 week when it was down to 5ml the other 3 days later. Do it ladies, definitely worth it!
Did you have any muscle separation? My doctor says my bottom abs are about a centimeter separated and I'm trying to decide if I want to have muscle repair done. I've heard there is a longer recovery time with muscle repair.
Your surgeon, is a gift to women. I have looked online at thousands of pics. And know I have stretch marks worse than what you had, and my belly button sags. But I would love for mine to turn out like yours. I went just today for consult and told him I would like to not have a full tt because of the pain. Can you tell me exactly in doc terms what you had done? Please so I can tell my doc. I want to have a stomach like yours. Thanks so much for posting pics.
Thank you very much for your response. I hope to heal quickly as well to take care of my three boys by myself. I hate asking for help.
Thank You Mindy Lou!
After the 2nd day of surgery I felt groggy & it still took a lot for me to get up and take a shower. Thank God for the pain meds! That is what got me through it. I went back to work 6 days after the surgery. I have a job that does not require a lot of physical activity, so that is the reason I was able to do it. I continued to take ibuprofen so that helped a lot. I'm having a great experience. So Happy! If you have a good Doc you have nothing to worry about. Your doc told you need a mini for a reason so just go with it. :)
Let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.
You look awesome. Pictures like this make me so excited about making the choice to have a mini with no muscle repair. How were you feeling the day after? Do you feel you recovered pretty quickly? Not many answers about having it without the muscle repair so any info you have I would love to hear. Happy healing.
Thank you!! Those are great questions! My surgery took about 2 hours. I had lipo done, no drain & no muscle repair. Prepare to wear the garment for 6 weeks! I wasn't prepared for that.

Anything other qestions I can help you with let me know. Your right, there is not a lot on the site for mini tt. Thanks!
No drains confuses me where does the fluid go? Im worried it will collect in my vajayjay.
Thank you for showing us your before and after, I haven't seen alot doing mini tummy tuck. I will be getting mine done Dec. 22. How long was your surgery and did you also have lipo done? I am very nervous too. I was told mine surgery should last around 2 and half hours and I won't have a drain, I see you didn't either. You look great!!

Your tummy definitely looks a lot flatter! Thanks for posting your experience here on RealSelf.