Overbite and Spacing - Minnesota

If anyone would like to watch video updates that I...

If anyone would like to watch video updates that I post about Invisalign, feel free to come along on my journey.

I really wanted to get Invisalign, because I couldn't stand my overbite anymore. It's one of those things that you look at pictures, and you've had enough. I am so happy with my choice to go with Invisalign. It has drastically fixed my teeth already. I'm currently on tray 19 of 30. From now on out, I'll be wearing my trays for 10 days each.

However, my ortho told me in the very beginning, that my overbite wouldn't be fixed 100%. Because of my jaw completely done growing, I would have to get corrective surgery. I'll be waiting until my treatment is done, to see I want to go through with the surgery.

I couldn't ask for better results than what Invisalign has done. It's always exciting to see results. I had spacing in between my teeth, and the gaps are closing up fast. I would recommend Invisalign to anyone!

New Video Update! Invisalign Tray 25- Almost...

New Video Update!

Invisalign Tray 25- Almost Done!

I'm currently on tray 27 of 27 on the bottom, and...

I'm currently on tray 27 of 27 on the bottom, and tray 29 of 30 for the top!! I only have 14 days left of my treament, and couldn't be more happy with the movement of my teeth!

With my last two sets of bottom aligners, I experienced them cracking/breaking. That was the 1st time that thats ever happened. My 25th set cracked on the top, right where my top teeth would come down. It also cracked along the side of the aligner. My 26th pair cracked in the same exact spot. However, it didn't affect the treatment.

I have my ortho appt next Tuesday! Hopefully the last one! I'll be updating you guys with another video, as well as before & after pictures!!!

New video update!

New video update!

Hey guys, I just took some recent pictures to...

Hey guys,
I just took some recent pictures to update for my "after invisalign". Still waiting until March, when I get the professional 'before' and 'after' pictures.

Just posted my final video with Invisalign!! I...

Just posted my final video with Invisalign!! I included one new picture on the site, but the video has all of my before-and-after pictures! :)

I'm going to miss you guys, and this site!
Good Luck to all the future Invisaligners :)

I have never heard of these braces before, and while reading a book it was mentioned by one of the characters. So, I got online and looked it up. Somehow I found your last video, and even though I don't know you I was proud of you. You did very well.
I had braces as a child and it was so horrible. I had a terrible overbite form sucking my finger as a young child. I was picked on pretty bad while growing up and I remember many miserable days before and during braces. However, unbeknownst to anyone, I came out looking pretty cute. No one picked on me again, and I never let anyone pick on others in front of me because I knew what it felt like.
Now I have a seven year old daughter and some of her teeth are crooked. It was breaking my heart knowing what she would have to go through. However, after seeing your video I now have hope and a big smile on my face knowing my daughter will be in good hands with invisalign. Thank you for your courage with the videos, your strength, honesty, and the wonderful person that shines through. You have made a mom truly happy as well as so many others before me. Job well done.

Sincerely,

Ma'iingankwe

WOW! Thank you SO much!! I appreciate your comment very much! You honestly made me tear up!! All of your compliments were so incredibly sweet. They made my day!
I'm so happy that I was able to give you some information about Invisalign. I'm sorry to hear about you getting picked on growing up. Why can't everyone have perfect teeth? I, too, dealt people not "accepting" me, just because of my teeth. When I was younger, I was afraid of braces. At that time, I thought that people would pick on me more, if I got them. I don't know how much of my story you know, but I eventually got regular braces at age 15 (I'm 22 now), had a 2 year treatment planned, but only got through a year. I couldn't stand my orthodontist anymore. His manners were terrible, and didn't want to deal with him anymore. He took my braces off that day. Once they were off, I didn't want them back on. Well, it took 5 years for me to get in the "You need to get your teeth fixed!" mood. I saw some commercial on tv about Invisalign, and started researching it from there. I went in for a consultation with a new orthodontist, and he had estimated a 15 month treatment, which ended up winding down to 12 months! I was so happy with his attitude, compared to my other one. Invisalign straightened my teeth 100%, but it doesn't fix major overbites, and that's why I'll need to get jaw surgery. I love my teeth, but still a bit self-conscious about my overbite.
Whenever you decide to start her treatment, she will love it, and she'll thank you for investing in this type of treatment. As with the other braces, there's responsibility involved, and I hated cleaning my trays. One tip that you can do to help her, is think about getting denture cleaner to clean the trays! I just buy the generic kind at walmart, and they work great for keeping trays/retainers clean. During meal time, she can have them cleaning while she eats! Also, when it comes time for her to change trays, have her do it before bed. That's the best way to deal with the tightness of the new tray. I'm sure you'll get told this whenever she goes in, but just in case! I wish her the absolute best with her treatment, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to help! Thank you very much, again, for your comment.
Have a wonderful day, Ma'iingankwe!

I have to admit, I got a little emotional watching your last Invisalign video. :( Thank you so much for the shout out, that really meant a lot! :)

Your teeth look great!! Loved seeing the before & afters. And you're getting jaw surgery?!! That is awesome, I am sooo happy for you!! You have to keep in touch & let me know how you are doing with that!

Keep those retainers in beautiful girl!!

xoxo

Awwwww sweetheart! :( I'm sorry! It was sad posting the video, knowing that its my last one. It still doesn't seem real. Even though I'm done, I'll keep in touch with you!! I'll send you my video updates on the jaw surgery too, I'll send them in a message or something! I've already decided that you have to stay in my life. Hope you dont mind :D

It was my pleasure to give you a shoutout! You are honestly the sweetest, and I had to tell the world :) Again, thank you so much for everything. You always know how to make me smile and brighten my day. I wish I could hug you! Pretend this is one- *HUG!!* You are the best.

P.S. I have my retainers in right now! Yay for straight teeth! haha
Ok thank u
I dont get it, I have buck teeth an a little crooked does everyone have to wear a retainer? An your results are amazing
Thank you so much!
Everyone has the option to wear their retainer. I highly recommend it. I choose to wear mine, because I want my teeth to stay straight!! If you choose NOT to wear the retainer, your teeth will definitely move back to where they were before you get Invisalign. After every orthodontic work, they always give you a retainer to keep your teeth aligned after the treatment.

Love the pictures you posted - your teeth are so nice & straight now. :) Don't forget to wear your retainers, would hate to see you lose what you worked so hard for!!

Thanks Megan!! I promise I won't forget!! :) I'd hate to lose it too, believe me! That's what happened after I got my regular braces off. I got a wire retainer, even though I wasn't done with the treatment. From the beginning, that retainer didn't fit, so I never wore it. My teeth went riiiight in the place they started in. But, this retainer fits wonderfully, and I have no excuses not to wear it!

Glad to hear it will be easier to keep this retainer in! Please keep us posted on how things are holding up in the next few months - if we didn't get to hear from you we'd miss you!!

Definitely! I'd miss talking to you guys too!!

Alyssaaa6, wow! Already an amazing difference. You look great and your progress documentation is so helpful for anybody considering invisalign. Thanks so much for taking the time to update and share your story. It's so fun to watch your transformation!

Thank you!!! Thanks for the compliments and thanks for taking the time to watch the video! :) I appreciate it!

Loved the video update, especially how you have the countdown to being Invisalign free on your phone. Your celebratory squeals are adorable, can totally see your excitement!! :)

I'll be interested to hear if the orthodontist takes your buttons off at your next appointment, or has you keep them on for the remaining 7 days. Will you make sure to update us on that??

So glad things are going so well for you!!

Thank you so much!! Thanks for always being so sweet! Glad you liked the video! I am veryyyy excited! :D

I'll definately make a video after my Jan 3rd appointment, and let you know about the attachments!!

It's getting closer! Woohoo!

I am very impressed with your results. Your dentist's office should use your video for future clients. I currently have metal braces but am planning on switching over invisalign. I'm excited to continue watching your progress. Any helpful tips?

Thank you for the compliments!! I'm excited for my progress too! You'll love Invisalign so much more than traditional braces. I guess my helpful tips to you would be... I highly suggest changing into new trays before you go to bed. I've changed them during the day, just to see how much more pressure I'd feel, and it was no fun taking them out for meal times. Also, I know that orthodontics say to wear the trays for 22 hours. If I'm out to eat, I never brush my teeth in a public place. It's unsanitary and unnecessary, in my opinion. I've had my trays out for several hours at a time, until I got home to brush my teeth. When I put them back in, they're slightly tight, but within a couple minutes they're fine. I think they say 22 hours as a reminder to just wear them as much as possible!

Thank you for the review. My sister is getting Invisalign and I've forwarded her this link. Very candid and informative. The progression has already been amazing!

You're welcome! Thank you for reading and I hope your sister finds this useful! If she has any questions about it, let me know :)

What a phenomenal review!! Pictures & a video - I know so many people will find this useful!

You can really see the progress you have already made by looking at the pictures. I'm excited to see how things continue to progress! :)

Thank you!! I'm excited to see how things progress as well! I'll be taking better pictures when I'm done, of before and after, and I'll post them here!

Sounds good, I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures. Your dentist's office should have photos they take for records. Most offices are happy to share them with patients. I know taking good pictures of your own teeth is tricky, so you could probably ask them to share with you & save yourself the hassle. :)