Never Have Dysport Under Your Eyes Inside Orbital Bone - Minnesota

I had zero wrinkles on my face/eyes. When I would...

I had zero wrinkles on my face/eyes. When I would order a glass of wine at dinner I usually was carded. People have always commented on my youthful skin/ appearance.

I went to my Harvard grad dermatologist that was voted "best" Dr. and when I asked if there was anything I could do to help wrinkles at bay he suggested dysport. He put it under my lash line on the lower lid.

By day three where my lower lid had touched my blue of my eye I could see about an eighth of an inch. When I smiled I noticed a large horizontal line where my cheek and eye meet. This used to be seamless. I called my dr and he had me come in. He took photos and said he gas never seen this before. He said all I could do was wait 2-6 months for it to wear off. In the mean time I could not smile, every day the bunching under my eyes got worse. My face is destroyed and now I look a min of 10yrs older.

This has been the worst ordeal of my life and I have lived through a lot. I have always known things happen as they should and I always have a bright sunny disposition, but that is gone. I used to smile all day and was told daily my smile and live of live changed people's days. Now I refuse to smile because I am afraid it will cause permanent damage because of the deep lines that form when I smile.

Please never ever have dysport close to your eye. I think only above your eyes on your upper forehead not under two inches from your eyes. Why would we want anything under our eyes to fall? I trusted my Harvard dr with my life and he ruined my life. Please learn fom my mistake.

I had dysport done on June 22. I have seen zero improvement and my skin around my eyes is worse everyday. I am going to a plastic surgeon on October 18.

If you have not done this please don't and if you have do you have any advice? I have never felt more alone m, more depressed or more uglyin my life.

It ruined my face/ life

Beautiful, Lauren! How are you? I wonder about you all the time! I couldn't find the thread which we had been talking on until now! I hope you are all better by now since I haven't talked to you in months! I am almost 6 mos now and look horrible...saggy,baggy undereye areas, cheek ptosis still on my left side. My forehead between my brows is bumpy and puffy . My skin quality is just horrific on my forehead. I am trying to stay positive through all this. I just look at myself and wonder how the heck my temple area will regain strength and pull up this mess:(. Happy New Year,beautiful! xo
Happy New Year!!! I've thought so much about you and all the other girls in this horrific boat. Ok, so I'll break it down for you, in hopes that total honesty will help. My new Dr. said that it really takes 18 mos. to not only leave your body, but re-strengthen your muscles. I am about 6 wks. shy of that milestone and I will say that I am STARTING to look like myself again. When I look in the mirror, I don't lurch back and gasp anymore. My face is actaully lifting back to where it was. My in addition to my lower lids falling, my lower face fell; cheeks, lips, even my nose looked different. It's as if our eyes hold up our face. Anyway, as the muscle comes back, my face is lifting. I still use a lot of products. Well, not crazy, but like five or six AM and PM. I'm not 100% yet, but I'm on my way. I know we talked about this before, so I don't feel weird saying this to you, but I'm getting noticed again....Almost back to normal in that way and i thought those days were O-V-E-R. I've heard from people that they are still seeing improvement 2 yrs later. So, my advice to you, try to enjoy life while the clock is ticking....Keep visualizing your old face. I also was doing facials, kind of obsessively, like once a week. My skin was kind of raw. I stopped in Aug. out of sheer frustration and I noticed a pretty big difference, just letting the skin heal. I did notice a substantial difference when I started using a cream called sci bella. It's around 250 a bottle, but I noticed a huge diff in the first three days. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but that is when I started to notice drastic changes. I hope that helps. And, honestly, I'm starting to feel like me again. I think I'm within six months of being pre-nighmare. Lots of love and please let me know how I can help. I'm here and know 100% the hell you are going through. Let your sweet husband love you and when he says you are beautiful, believe him, he means it.
Hi, Lauren!! It is so good to hear from you! I am so,so happy to hear that you are so close to having your "before" face back!!! You give me so much hope! I sent you a private message:)xo
Hey girl thanks :) Good to know about the 18 mo I have 8 more to go then :) Yes, my face dropped the same way and my nose was odd too. People have not asked me if I am tired in a long, long time and I only sleep 6 or less hrs a night. I do a daily fashion blog which includes me posting my outfit for the day and I get lots of positive feed back on my looks so phew........pretty but older looking and deformity in a couple areas. But all in all a place I can deal with :)
You are on the upward swing now! 18 mos is a milestone. You will just keep looking better. By two yrs you'll be as go as it gets. It makes you appreciate what you were born with so much more when you get it back. I'm so happy for you!
Thank you...I am sure i will still have more wrinkles than before but that is how it goes. I would like the deformity stuff to go away lol. xoxoxo
OKay ladies please realize that the pix I posted are not close up. You can see the difference without the close up that within 1 year I look older, face in gaunt, dull, eyes are not as bright, skin bunching under my eyes, etc. I hope you will know what I mean in the side by side......clearly my eyes did not look as tired but baggy. And you guys know how our faces look more close up. Also this is after the initial illness, etc. This is me looking better prob. around 6 mo. I am not sure I have a pic of my face when in was real bad off except for the close up of my eyes.
Up dated photos posted .... take in account these are not close ups
Posted updated pix take in account they are not close up
Hello! Why can't I see the photos? I looked on your profile....You know what's so sad? I used to be photo crazy and I loved it, it's like photo documenting your life...My documentation stopped on the day I had this done. Very few photos. I need to jump back in photos again, it's just so scary to see a different face. Let me know how to look at your photos! Thank you! L
Depressed, you are one gorgeous(before and after). I can't even see the difference between the two photos, honestly! I have my before picture, and dog ugly middle picture only. Once I get my "after" shot, I will post . Thanks for updating your status for us and your pictures. It gives us hope that there really is a light at the end of this tunnel:) By the way, what's your blog site? I'd love to see what it's all about. PS...You need to update your user name to" I'm beautiful again" !!!! xo
I am not sure they are under my profile....Yeah, I feel like we look worse close up than in photos. Keep going :)
Awe, so sweet. I was afraid if I posted that people wouldn't take me seriously. I hope you know what I mean though. These are professional event pix and not regular pix. I know I am my worst critic but honestly it was bad I just need to find the photos that match the photo of just my eyes. My daughter would ask "Mommy what is wrong with your face?" and people would look at me funny and ask me if I was tired while looking at my eyes funny. I use my Facebook @ my blog right now just to keep it simple. I post a Men's and Woman's look each day and try to post my outfit each day. Not sure how to private message so here is the link: https://www.facebook.com
You should be able to scroll all the way to the top of this page to the header and they are under my Depressed Never Use Dysport title
I FORGOT TO MENTION THE PROPER USE OF THIS PRODUCT

******Dysport is a prescription injection for temporary improvement in the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults less than 65 years of age.

UM, CLEARLY THE INJECTORS ARE GETTING A LITTLE CRAZY WITH THIS STUFF. Take care guys. PS i copy and pasted these things directly from the official Dysport USA web site. xoxoxo
Hey guys I just wanted to post (official disclosed side effects from Dysport USA) It is the injectors that are the liars basically here are couple disclosures:

********Common Side Effects
The most common side effects are nose and throat irritation, headache, injection site pain, injection site skin reaction, upper respiratory tract infection, eyelid swelling, eyelid drooping, sinus inflammation, and nausea.

OF THE SIDE EFFECTS ABOVE I HAD 6

*******Spread of Toxin Effects: In some cases, the effects of Dysport and all botulinum toxin products may affect areas of the body away from the injection site. These effects can cause symptoms of a serious condition called botulism. Symptoms of botulism can happen hours to weeks after injection and may include swallowing and breathing problems, loss of strength and muscle weakness all over the body, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice,

I HAD ABOUT 4 OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS
I WOULD SAY MANY OF US HAVE HAD THESE SIDE EFFECTS AND IT IS REALLY LAME THAT THESE INJECTORS ARE LEAVING THOSE IMPORTANT DETAILS OUT. I POSTED THIS SO WE CAN KNOW IT IS NOT "ALL IN OUR HEAD"

We will make guys.......xoxoxoxox
hey depressed, yes everyone is lying.. there are different levels of lies! ive downloaded that official warnings info as well, there is a lot of very interesting stuf in there, especially because most of it, doctors claim to never have heard of? haha.. yeah.

allergan/medicis isn't putting that info in there for educational purposes. its for legal purposes. their intent with that is to avoid legal liability and nothing else. it is clear that doctors are not being taught this information or exposed to it, becuase many of them claim to never have heard of it. //

when they are taught by the manufacturers how to use the product on their patients, they are also taught what to tell patients in terms of adverse effects.. (that its not related, that its 'natural aging', that we 'forgot what we look like', that they have 'never seen this before') thats why all our doctors have the same answers when we go to them with our problems. the manufacturers are not honest with the injectors.. and the little information the injectors are given, they then lie about that, when they talk with their patients, becuase the more everyone lies, the more money gets spent.... bottom line. so everyone is lying to different degrees. but the manufacturers are the original liars becuase they are the ones responsible for doing the research to make sure the product is safe, and educating injectors on proper/safe use.

they will put a little info in their warnings, for legal liability reasons, when they are absolutely forced to, but that is the absolute tip of the iceberg in terms of what people need to know about the true effects of this stuff. there have been studies done that show the true effects, and when those findings have been negative, for instance that it -does- cross the blood brain barrier or that it frequently causes worsening of wrinkles, or that it does spread in the body and do extensive nervous system damage, sometimes lasting many years, when they literally pay people to suppress such negative findings out of medical journals, they are withholding information that injectors need to properly treat patients and provide adequate informed consent.

so because the manufacturers actually pay people to suppress these negative findings out of the medical literature completely, honestly the truth is some doctors honestly just dont know..... the smarter doctors who do know, will pretend they dont, as that is what they are taught, so they will sell more toxin. //

the mafia could learn a thing or two from how allegan/medicis pushes these drugs. // if iyou read the magazine ads the ads still say, even after all those warnings you quote above, they still say: 'there has not been one confirmed cause of spread of the toxin away from injection site' so read the reviews here. what planet are they living on that they can say that? they say that because there have been thousands of cases. there just have'nt been any -confirmed- cases. its all about legalese and this is why our doctors, say theyve 'never heard of' what happens to us. then they can all pretend, there are no confirmed cases. //

pretty fun stuff huh.

anyway hope you are feeling better soon and stuff. there is no figihting a billion dollar corporation like allergan/medicis, im quite sure they would literally kill people (yeah like little children with cerebral palsy) to keep that money rolling in. but information is what will defeat them. nothing can stop smart people from learning, and spreading, the truth. that is what will defeat them. so take care! :>> hope you are doing well.
ha excuse me, typo! they say, there has not been 'one confirmed -case-' of spreading of the toxin. // this sentence still appears in their print ads, even next to everyone of those warnings you mentioned above. // i ask again. confirmed case. confirmed by who?
Thanks so much for all the info sorry about writing in caps I was trying to separate my comment form the quote I only posted quote so people that had those symptoms would feel validate people like me who felt like crap
I know seriously I was just glad to see the disclaimer just to feel validated since the Dr's say it is in your head ya know. :) I know it doesn't mean squat in the big picture but it was interesting for sure Did not mean anything by my all caps guys.
actually it means a lot in the big picture. // people do need this information to feel validated, that is very valid!!! they also need this information so hopefully allergan and medicis can start losing money like they deserve to.

doctors say its in your head, why do they say that? the answer to that question, that -is- the big picture.
Yeah, your right. Curious to know what "they" really know. I just felt awful when I went back and the Dr. was rambling on and on and on I started to just tune hime out. It was like he was giving me some seminar or something. I could not even begin to relay what he said except for your text book beautiful and you look great. Yep me and my swollen face and saggy skin looked awesome for sure LOL. I just tried to share the disclaimer to show people their side affects are real and we now know not super rare :(
Depressed, I hear you about the saggy skin. That happened to me as well, until I just got more Botox last Mon.,which tightened it back up. I regreat getting more Botox, it left me w/ two huge bags uner my eyes and I still have the loose skin under my eyes when I smile, and cheeks have drooped. I was desperate to look better because in a week I actually have to leave the house nad go on a big trip...and that thought just gives me anxiety of having to face people!...You mentioned that your tone was better. How soon after the dysport wore off, did you notice the skin getting tightger? Mon before I got botox I was beyond depressed. It had been 4 1/2 mos post dysport for me. My face had looked better, but the skin under the side of my eyes was so bunch,wrinkly and hanging down to my cheeks causing lines on my cheeks. I was so upset. I was walking aaround my house saying"what has happened to me"?, crying. And then that afternoon, I got 34 units of botox and I sweat it worked immed. to tighten my cheeks,forehead and undereye area. I still have saggy undereyes. I wish I didn't get more botox after talking to Melty and Botox . I know I just set my recovery back even more. What scares me is knowing that my muscles won;t be working for a few more mos. now. So, when I do thaw out AGAIN..All that saggy skin may infact be worse! God help me!
Anne88
Yes I would practically fall over and fall asleep. Extreme exhaustion. Bad headaches. Stomach pain. I was loosing weight but looked ill. Skin looked like it was falling off even my daughter asked me what was wrong with my face and she had no idea. I was sick for a couple months. Feel better soon.