Lipo and Breast Lift - Minneapolis, MN

I am in the process of getting a breast reduction...

I am in the process of getting a breast reduction and liposuction. I used to be in the gym on a regular basis. I was in a car accident 4 years ago - rear ended by an inattentive teen age driver. Since then my back got worse and the time I spent running began to diminish. I have been on pain meds for over 3 years and received spinal injections several times. I finally decided that something had to give. I went to my insurance company and they approved the reduction. I decided to treat myself quite honestly to the lipo. I will be doing my whole abdomen - front and sides, and flanks. I have put on 30 lbs since i couldn't work out like I used to. SO I am hoping this gives me my quality of life back and eliminates my need for any more work done on my back. I am SUPER nervous that I am going to be deformed. I have been hearing some horror stories. I want to be symmetrical and actually have a waist. Even when I was 60lbs lighter I have NEVER had a waist.
I was worried that paying $2700 extra for the lipo was excessive but looking at the cost involved I think im getting a good deal. My surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon and I strongly believe Im in good hands. I am looking forward to advice on tips for healing and getting back to the gym as soon as possible :) Thanks for any tips and comforting stories. So happy I found this place.

Nervous about my stretch marks

After reading the reviews I'm nervous that the couple stretch marks on my lower abs will look bad after I deflate the balloon. I wonder if I can ask my PS if it looks bad to just do the tummy tuck. Ugh!

Would love to know what compression garment you found the most comfortable

I just finished my misc shopping now I need to sift through the HUGE variety of compression garments. I would love one that could be used for both my reduction and lipo of my abdomen... any feedback would be really appreciated :) Hope all my November girls are getting excited!

How soon after surgery did you start massage and if you used a massager what do you recommend

I went in yesterday to do my breast reduction and my liposuction. I am BEYOND glad that i didnt chicken out. My pooch is officially gone. I have had that thing since I can remember :) I will post the pics I have. Only one so far right after lipo that hubby took before they put the bandage back on.

Pics finally

Day 3 was a beast today I showered

I had the procedure done early Monday morning, buy weds afternoon I wanted to crawl lit of my skin :( I was so swollen. Not a good feeling. Today I was able to get up, change my dressings and take a shower. I feel somewhat human today. The shape so far of my breasts looks good. It's it's so hard to tell this early on.

day 5

wow am I bruised. Even with the preventive measures I am looking like i got the crud beat out of me. Ill post pics tomorrow. I have probably been overdoing things. I showed houses yesterday and today and my Breast reduction and lipo were not happy i did this much.

1 week post op

Well it's been a week since my surgery and it has been a lot of ups and downs. The worst pain from the lipo was forsure under my arms (side boob) bruised pretty good :( recovering nice so far. I'll post some random photos to show progress

Pics from week one

Bad lighting hopefully you get an idea from previous ones. Left side is a bit swollen and so is my front abs. Still very tender to the touch

first PO appointment went well

Today went well. I had my first appointment for my breast reduction and lipo visit. Everything went well. They said I am healing nicely. I am swollen still but thats to be expected. I was told to find a good compression garment so I guess the search is on. Any advice is welcome. They are not great about advising us on what to buy. Kinda a must when we dont personally know. Thank heavens for the advice of my girls on this site. :) I over did it today and feel like a balloon. This reduction and lipo together was good in theory but a real ass kicker :)

Day 10

Went out for dinner tonight with my husband and one of my daughters. I havent purchased the next phase of CG and I am now sitting down to buy one. My stomach is SOOOO sore. I am confident there is a method to the madness of what to wear and when. I have a CG on that is like a really strong spans and that is definitely not enough compression :( lesson learned now I need to get one here by Saturday morning when I need to go to show homes to clients. My bruises are doing a lot better but I am getting lumps where the canula was in my body. I need to start massaging but it hurts pretty bad so im going to wait a few more days.

2 weeks PO tomorrow

Well... I will officially be at the two week mark tomorrow. my bruises are almost all gone. The ones on my abs and my hips are pretty much non existent. The only area that still hurts pretty bad is the area under my arm going into my back. It stays pretty swollen most of the time :(

No more love handles

I am so glad I added lipo to my breast reduction. My love handles and pooch are officially gone ;)

3 weeks today

I am happily healing from my lipo. I have marginal bruising, no real noticeable dimples and very few lumps. I massage a couple times a day but not for an extended period of time. I am a little disappointed in my flanks not seeing a huge change yet so I am trying to stay hopeful. I see my PS next week to see what he says about the area. I feel like he didnt get in the area like I wanted him to so well have to see what happens. Ill post pics in a little while. I also had the Breast reduction so exercising has been slow going. :(

Week 3 photos

Not much of a change. Bruising is all gone. Some lumps from the cannula but not a lot of swelling. Still have some swelling by my flanks. Not 100% sure I'm happy with that area and my right side is still swollen and looks bigger than my left.

4 weeks today

Not a lot of change between week 3 and four but Ill post pics later anyway. Still wearing my CG and now using a hand held massager. I definitely feel it the next day. Still putting arnica on it to stop bruising after the massager. Bought lipo foam for the front to stop pockets and lumps from forming. Feeling pretty good. If it wasnt for my BR surgery I would be working out and living life. The lipo side of all this has been easy on me :) Went the day with out my CG yesterday. A little swelling but nothing bad :)

4 week PO check up yesterday

Everything looks good. I talked to my dr about the swelling and areas I'm not 100% about and he said it's still early but hell do everything he can to make me happy :) my tummy is flat for the first time ever and I'm happy. I'm a bit bruised and swollen from yesterday's massage. I did 35 min on the treadmill and my lipo spot under my left arm is the only spot that hurts ;)

11 weeks PO today

I am on the home stretch. I am overall happy with the results. I will need some fine tuning done. My left side looks great under my arm where they did lipo but under my right not as good. I will be seeing my PS the 4th of Feb to find out what his thoughts are for a the revision. All my incisions have healed and I wear underwire bras from time to time. I am very glad I had this done ;)

Revision set for April 28th

My procedure overall was great. He had a lot of area to work with. I m met with him last week and he agreed to tweak under my right arm (where they did lipo on the breast tissue - aka side boob after my reduction), my left side, my upper abodmen and flanks. He agreed to do it all at no cost but because he said it will be a pretty invasive I need to go into the hospital. I will need to pay fht facility fee and the anesthesiologist which will be about $1300 total. Im a bit bummed out but im not going to leave it as is. I feel a bit lopsided :)

Lipo revision on April 28th

Not looking forward to the revision I have this monday. The surgeon left some breast tissue under my right arm that needs to be removed from my breast reduction, along with some lipo he missed on my flanks and my left side. UGH I have been doing well with my recovery, working out again doing crossfit and am sad to have this set back. I will have 3 weeks that I cant workout and then 4 weeks to train for my half marathon. Hoping all goes well. My PS has been very good about making it right and fixing it.

Revision lipo today went well today

I went in this morning and was able to get revisions on my lipo from 11/11/13. I had an area under my right arm from the reduction, upper abs, flanks, and left side of my waist. I am happy I did it. No charge from My PS thank heavens. I will post pics but keep in mind I am swollen- yikes sorry about the breast shot. Does show my reduction I had which I so insanely happy about
Dr. Cantwell

So far they are very attentive. I have only been in once so I have little to report