Tummy Tuck W/sculpting - Minneapolis, MN

I've wanted to have a tummy tuck for over 12 years...

I've wanted to have a tummy tuck for over 12 years now, and I'm finally in a position where I can do this for myself. I've read and followed other TT patients on here for years and I'm glad that I'll get the chance to share my own story. I'll get my before pictures posted in the next few days, and I look forward to sharing my journey.

One week until my procedure...

I've finally posted my current/before pictures and I'm so ready for my TT. My procedure is scheduled for next Tuesday, October 22, and its my understanding that it will take anywhere from 3-4 hours. My doctors office also sent me a list of items to purchase and have on hand, which I plan to shop for those items this weekend. I was also told to stop taking any type of herbal supplements, which is a bummer, because one of my herbal supplements was used to help regulate my digestive system. In order to make sure I stay regular, I've started eating dried prunes and they work great. I'm thinking I'll take a few extra prunes daily after my surgery to help with going to the bathroom, and I will probably get a stool softener as well. So far I'm pretty calm about my upcoming procedure and I'm thinking its because I've wanted to do this for soo long. I was hoping my Mom would be there for my surgery, but she hasn't been too supportive of the procedure and so my guy friend will be taking me to my surgery and staying with me a few days afterwards. No negative people are allowed around me during this timeframe. It's all about me and doing something for myself.

Front before picture

Finally did it!

My surgery went well and I’m so glad I finally did this for myself. The day of the procedure I felt a little unsure and worried, but there was no way I was backing out. Once I got home after surgery, I tried sleeping in the v-position on my bed, but that was so uncomfortable and just seemed to cause more pain. Other than walking around every hour or so to circulate my blood, my couch and pillows have been my best friends. As far as food, I’ve been drinking a lot of zero calorie powerade, slimfast for breakfast/lunch with a banana or grapes, yogurt for snack – if I’m still hungry, and chicken rice or noodle soup with crackers for dinner. The Progresso soups are really good and you don’t have to add water to them; just poor, heat and eat. I haven’t had a bowel movement since coming home and so I took my first stool softener this morning. Given that I really have had much solid food, I’m not too worried about it. Ok, my pills are making me drowsy and I’m heading back to sleep. I’ll get pictures posted with the drains in the next day or so.

First week done and I'm loving the results

Ok, let me first say that my first bowel movement 3 days after surgery was a nightmare. If you’re planning this, get an actual laxative that won’t interfere with your meds. The stool softener I had was worthless. As for the pain, it’s definitely less, but still pretty painful. The TT area itself actually doesn’t hurt at all; it’s my back and sides where I had liposuction that hurt the worst. However, again… I wouldn’t change a thing! I had one of my drains removed yesterday (it hurt) and I’m scheduled to have the other removed Thursday. I can’t wait to get rid of this last bag. I also had the tape removed from my TT scar and I have to say that my scar looks amazing already. The scar line is so thin and the doctor was able to completely remove a prior surgery scar that I thought I would have for life. Still swollen a lot, but I know that will come and go over the next few months. I put on a tank top yesterday and I felt so sexy because I didn’t have a stomach or back roll bulging thru my clothes. It was truly amazing. To ensure maximum results, I started back with Weight Watchers a few days prior to my surgery and so far I’m sticking to the plan. FYI – I’ve never had a problem with exercising – I actually like working out, but emotional eating was definitely a downfall of mine. I would also get very discouraged when I would lose 15-20 pounds (going from a size 10 to size 6) and my stomach would still be big and gross looking, making my clothes sag everywhere but my stomach. Pretty much the rest of my body would be a size 6 and my stomach still a size 8-10, making it very hard to find clothes that would fit properly. In any event, those days are OVER! I was a size 12 before my surgery and I’m looking forward to getting to a healthy size 6 again with healthy eating and daily exercising.

I’m so glad I didn’t listen to friends and family who kept telling me not to do this. We all have to do what’s best for ourselves, and this was one of the best things I’ve ever done for me. I’m feeling more confident already. And it’s been over 14 years (before having my daughter), that I haven’t had skin hanging on my stomach. I also want to thank my surgeon for doing such an amazing job! He is truly an accomplished body sculpture artist. Thank you to the rest of the Real Self users who have reached out to me as well. I’ll continue to keep you posted on my results.
Dr. Gervais

Welcome to the flat side, hope you are doing well.
Checking on you....How are you doing? How is your pain? First thoughts?
First thoughts... I'm so glad I did this for myself! I'm in pain, mostly my back from the liposuction, but I already see a dramatic difference in my figure. Each day the pain is less and I'm able to move around more. I was actually able to stand up straighter this morning and I emptied my own drains without my friend's help, which made me just a little sick. All-in-all, I'm happy with my procedure and definitely happy with the doctor I went with.
Im so proud for you. I picked up my prescriptions yesterday and was really surprised at all the meds. I have three different pain pills, one nausea and one antibiotic. I opened that bad and thought oh my I guess this is going to be some incredible pain. But that hopefully will only last a bit and then a lifetime to enjoy the results. Glad you mentioned the things you have been eating. Ive got some of those special k protein shakes bought and some greek yogurt and string cheese and crystal light. I need to get some of those soups and of course some bananas, grapes, strawberries, cucumbers and celery stalks to munch on. So you are sleeping on the sofa? Propped up with a bunch of pillows? Ive been dreading the recliner. Im not a recliner kinda gal on a regular day. Are you using plastic bags over your sofa because I heard the draining can be bad....really bad. Dont want to ruin my furniture. So glad you are doing well. Tomorrow is the day for me so remember me and say a prayer please. Keep me posted on your recovery. :-)
How are you doing so far? How's the pain and management of the drains? Also, how's that recliner doing. :)

Welcome to the tummy tuckers!   So glad you joined us and I am looking forward to reading all about your journey.

Congrats and good luck!
Well congrats on getting your date set! who is your doc? just curious since I am in your neck of the wods also! good luck!
I'm going with Dr. Gervais.