Not Happy with Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation - Minneapolis, MN

One of the big influences in choosing Dr. Tholen...

One of the big influences in choosing Dr. Tholen were the positive reviews I found here. Unfortunately, I did not share in the same type of positive experiences described in the RealSelf reviews. I decided to wait a full year before writing this review, so I could be less emotional and see my long term results. Overall, I am very disappointed. First, my tummy tuck was not effective, I still have the "mommy pouch." Several months after the procedure, I went in to get looked at as my stomach which had started out flat, was now pouching out and seemed very swollen. I was told that it was swelling and would reside over time. I recently went back and when I was evaluated by Dr. Tholen, was told that my stomach had just stretched out again, and although this was very rare and unfortunate, is a result of my body make-up.

I also had breast augmentation, and wanted to go from a 34A to a full B or small C - essentially the breasts that I had prior to nursing my two children. I started the sizing exercise out with 300 cc's - which is ultimately where I desperately wish I would have stayed. But at the strong urging of the nurses and Dr. was told that 450cc's was a better fit for my body type, and would result in the look I wanted. I should have done more research on what size breasts 450cc's would result in, because it is certainly not a full B or even a C. I was recently fitted for a new bra and was put in a 32DD - which was a huge shock for me. This is not at all what I wanted. Not only are they too big for me and making me self-conscience, but they are also resulting in severe neck and back pain.

Needless to say, it is very disappointing to spend so much time, money, and energy to undergo a major surgery and not have the desired outcome. I would recommend to those considering the Mommy Makeover procedure, to make sure you fully understand the risks. I had no idea going into the tummy tuck surgery that there was a potential that it would not work for me, nor did I consider the serious effects of breast implants that are too large for my body.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon