Where to Begin...big Decision - Minneapolis, MN

I went in for a free consultation as I was...

I went in for a free consultation as I was thinking maybe facial resurfacing would help my 'signs of aging'. When the Dr. met with me he said I needed 'much more' than that if I wanted to see any great improvement. His suggestion was a full facelift, eyes, and forehead, followed by the deep CO2 resurfacing a year later. I left shocked and depressed.

After Facelift

Progress through months after surgery

Facelift progression results

It has been 4 months since my Facelift (upper and lower, and lower eyes) with Dr. Tholen. It seems every week I look a bit different, so I'm not really sure what the 'end result' will be. However, I look so much better than I did. I have very Irish skin, so wrinkles and sagging were coming faster than I could find make up to cover up. I had originally just thought I needed laser resurfacing, but after the initial consultation, it was obvious that that alone would just give me a smooth, yet still sagging, face. I plan to have the resurfacing after I am completely healed from this procedure.
Tholen or Ness?.?

So far I have had consultations with Dr. Tholen and Dr. Ness in Minneapolis. Both agreed I needed a full facelift and resurfacing but had different approaches to the problem areas. I will probably see a couple more doctors too. Nice that consultations are free. I have a second consultation with Dr. Tholen next week and have a list of questions to email Dr. Ness. Both took a lot of time with me when I was at their office. I have also asked hundreds of Drs. on Realself (and thank them all for taking the time to answer our questions when they have busy schedules and will probably get no business from us since they are hundreds of miles away. ) It helps soooo much to get their advice. Can't rate anyone yet, but will keep you posted.