11 Days Later and I HURT! - Minneapolis, MN

I had my upper tummy/abdomen and my hip areas done...

I had my upper tummy/abdomen and my hip areas done on 4/5/13. It hurt, but I made it. I had what was a "stacker" done where they treated the areas twice with a 3-5 min. massage in between. I was there approximately 5 hours. It was all good until about day 3 and I have had pain since then. The swelling is starting to go down, but by night I need the pain pills that were prescribed for me. Has anyone else had two treatments at the same time and if so, how has it gone for you? I am 56, weigh 165 and am 5'5" tall. Menopause has not been kind to me as far as gaining in the middle. I also am looking at a breast reduction, as I have DDD's (grew went from DD to DDD with menopause too).

Referral

I am now 25 days into it. I still have numbness in the sculpting areas. I can tell my upper abs appear smaller/tighter, but it is also making my lower abd. look larger. I am waiting for the hips/love handles to go down though. I am being positive and need to make my 2 mon. appointment. I'll be anxious to see the before and after pictures. Anyone else out there seeing anything...good, bad, or indifferent?
If you can't see much in the small avatar pic I have after 3 treatments on my abs (these were taken about a year apart), then look at a larger pic here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/Pufferpunk/Coolsculptingbelly_zps5c6aaa02.jpg
I just had 2 treatments in a row on the same section of my right thigh.
I had bad pain too, lidocaine was given to me to rub on my belly and put ice packs on too. It helps. Within a few days, it will go away. Keep moving too.
From what I've been reading here, "pain" pills aren't what is needed for this kind of pain. It's the nerve-blocker, Neurontin that seems to help the best & is what was prescribed to me, although I never needed it.
I've been taking vicadin at night. Day 14 and I'm still so tender. I can't really bend over to do any exercising. It is better than 5 days ago and I was told 2 weeks for swelling and soreness. Two months for results. I had the large suction on upper abd. and the small ones on the hip/love handle areas. Those areas haven't bothered me one bit.
Is the narcotic helping?
It does. My tummy is so tender by the time I get undressed, so it has been helping to take 2 an hour before I go to bed. I have not taking any during the day this week though and only had ibuprofen.
I agree the arnica tablets & gel and tons of water must make a huge difference. I'm on Day 6 - had 6 small spots done. No pain, no swelling or bruising.
Yep, they told me to drink lots of water! Gotta flush out those frozen fat cells. ;o)
I was not told to drink water, but I do drink about 80 oz a day anyway.
It's a shame that so many places don't know what to tell their patients!
Just had 2 in a row done on my left thigh. No pain, other than being a bit tender to the touch at my massage therapist's today.
I have also had abdomen & right/left outer thighs done in the same day.
I had three done in one day (last Wed - 6 days ago). A large plate was used to cover my abdomen; followed by small plate on love handle on left side; followed by small plate on the right side. I started at 12p and finished after 5p. My biggest complaint was being still that entire time. I had very little pain associated with the treatment during treatment. The only pain that had me worried was on Day 3 I think. I use Arnica Montana homeopathic tablets under tongue few times a day and I rub in gel and or spray Arnica Montana throughout the day with a massage that hurt like heck only while massaging (it almost totally killed bruising and swelling. I think that swelling is what causes us the live birth type contraction pain. I drank about 120 oz water per day with lemons squeezed in it. I continued my cardio and strength workouts in 20-45 min spurts to get my metabolism going. I have a review that I update daily. I hope my review can help. I'm 47 year old Black woman. I went from 23% bodyfat to 33% from 2009 to 2013 after suffering a brain injury in Iraq which led to discovery of brain aneurysm. At some point after brain surgery, I had a brain stroke. Needless to say, my whole life changed. I went from running 5-6 miles per day; competing in 5Ks to marathons; bench press competitions; Army Physical training, etc... to being bed bound, then home bound. I wasn't a candidate for anything intrusive due to mini strokes I still suffer. I'm making this Zeltiq work because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I knew I wouldn't spend all this money to just wait and see what happens. I consider it an investment in my health. I'm praying I can continue progressing and coolsculpt can be one tool of many to get me back in shape. Not the same shape, but a new, acceptable normal. I have a Master's of Science in Physiology/Physical Eucation and know physiology enough to know to be dangerous. Decrease the swelling and we can decrease the pain. Also, I drink dandelion root tea a couple times a day in addition to all that water. this herbal tea is a natural diuretic and largely used by natural builders and fitness competitors days leading into competition day to rid body of of water retention, so they look veinous and cut under those stage lights. I hope I helped. God Bless.