I Couldnt Be Happier! - Minneapolis, MN

I am a 52 year old women. All my life I wanted...

I am a 52 year old women. All my life I wanted breasts. My girls have them, my mother has them, grandmothers had them, all my aunts on both sides. What happened to me? I was always told you're just like your father. I never liked that answer. I have never had a waist. Always boxy looking. Blouses with darts always looked so funny. I have NEVER felt like a women.

My daughter and I had been talking about this procedure for months. She finally talked me into it. But we had to move quickly. She is leaving soon for Kuwait for a year. And she would be my caretaker after surgery.

Well, it has been about a month and a half and I am happier than I have ever been!! My self esteem shot to the moon! Blouses finally fit!! And look great. And I have a waist!!!!!! This is something that no one can take away from me. And I did it for no one but MYSELF!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely, positively truly love them and would do it again in a heartbeat!! Why did I wait so long? I havent a clue.

My Dr. and his staff were very honest about the whole procedure. They were all awesome. No one looked down on me or made me feel less than. He has been doing this for at least 25 years. I trusted him immediately. I couldnt thank them enough. There is no one or anything that could make me happier than I am right now!

I will also always be thankful my daughter talked me into it. She said I deserved it. She was right!! I do!!! As far as the recovery, do exactly as they say. It was only really the first week I was uncomfortable. Everything got better from then on! Just do what they say!!! That is important. I am so thrilled!!!!!!!!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

The staff and the Dr. give you all the information you need. Ask as any and all questions you need to. Even about mamograms. You can call with questions also. Anytime. Do as they say after the procedure. Pamper yourself. You deserve it! You will be sooooo happy with the results.

It sounds like this was an awesome thing for you to do! I'm glad it worked out so well and that your confidence has been boosted. That is very important, you're right.

Thanks so much for posting to RealSelf.