October 13th is the Big Day! - Milwaukee, WI

I am 42 y/o I wear a 38DDD. I have had big boobs...

I am 42 y/o I wear a 38DDD. I have had big boobs since I was in the 6th grade; I was called the "black Dolly Parton". When I was in my late 20s I tried to get a breast reduction, but was denied by my insurance. So here I am now with headaches and neck pain. I'm nervous, I don't like pain. But I keep telling myself the temporary pain is worth the long-term results. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Hey big boobie Just ran across your page and I was very interested in your story your outcome because I also just went to the same Dr. Dec. 8.2011 Hope to hear something soon!!
Hi Nenee098! Exactly what information do you want. My co-worker and I both went to him in 2011. Let me know and I will any questions you have.
Hey!!Thank you for getting back to me!! Sorry for taking so long to respond back. Just wanted to to know if you and your co workers had an good experience with him and also are you guys happy with your results?? He did my breast reduction like said Dec. 8 so I am still healing. I also just scheduled for him to do my Tummy tuck March 1.. I would like to to know how you feel about him and would you go back??
hi all,

Thanks for all the prayers and warm wishes. Surgery went fine. I was so nervous at the hospital this morning. I'm surprised that I have very minimal pain 12 hours after surgery.
That's really reassuring!! How are you doing now that it is a few weeks later?
Life's a Beach,

It will be 3 weeks on Thursday and I have some swelling, some open spots, and some sharp pains here and there. However, overall it was not as bad as I thought it would be. The bad part was being queasy from the medication. I noticed also when I do to much my bra gets very tight as the day goes by.
Hi i hope that the surgery went well! :D

I will be thinking about you today:)   Hugs and happy vibes coming your way.

I just had mine done on October 5. I was the same size you are now and I am not sure what I am now, I go in tomorrow to have all the bandages taken off, but I will tell you that the pain really isn't that bad. The most I had was the first night because the morphine they gave me kept Waring off to quick. Other than that all I have had is a lot of pressure in my chest and I guess that is due to the fact that I have not been staying still like I am suppose to be. The end result is defiantly worth it. Just hang in there and take your med's every 32 hours on the clock and you will be just fine. Also try and sleep as much as possible, it really helps with the healing. If you can, ask your PS for benadryl too for the itching cause it gets bad. Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice MrsLaster2007 tomorrow is the day. I can't wait!
No I don't know how much they are removing. My first consultation was sort of different because the day before I had gotten a call that I had a lump in my right breast and they needed to do a biopsy. So when I had my first consultation my head was some place else. Therefore, I didn't really have any real questions because two of my co-workers had just had the same procedure done in August by the same PS.

Welcome Girlie!  Another one of my Wisconsin "Home" girls:)

My advice to you is relax, get excited about what you are about to receive and stay with us here on RealSelf.

Say goodbye to the "Dolly" boobs and get ready for a light and perky new set of girls.  Do you know approximately how much they are able to remove?

I am glad you are here with us:)  How did you find RealSelf?

LR128,

Thank you for the encouraging words. Just think one week from today it will all be over. I can't wait
My advice is to go for it; believe me I am the same way, I don't like pain; I never was in the hospital for anything or ever had surgery, so I was nervous, but the benefits of this procedure far outweigh the anxiety over it. I experienced minimal pain post-op, and only took pain meds for the first day and a half, then went with tylenol if needed. Just make sure you have family or friends that can help you during the first few days of recovery, because you aren't supposed to do any lifting, raising your arms, etc.. Wish you the best of luck if you are going through with it!