50 and Tired of Working out with a Pooch - Milford PA,

I diet,exercise ,walk and hike and haven't...

I diet,exercise ,walk and hike and haven't received the results I've wanted and I'm simply tired. No matter what I do the pooch /muffin top is still there. I went in a week ago for a Laser Liposuction. The procedure started at 9:45am and ended at 1:30pm. The only uncomfortable part was the needles used for the numbing. I was awake yet a little drowsy from the medication given to relieve anxiety. The doctor removed 3550cc of fat plus fluids (6LBS). I was bandage /wrapped and placed in a garment and told to change the bandages later that evening. Overall I think everything went well. It has been a week (7days post-op ) and I'm so frustrated. There are moments where I feel like I'm losing weight and later that day I feel so bloated. It is a roller coaster. I can't eat more than a handful of food or my stomach will hurt. I have been wearing both garments 24/7 except when I have to shower. I have stuck to a 1200 calorie diet or less. I also drink plenty of lemon water (to reduce the swelling) and take Arnica for the stiffness and soreness. On my 4th post op day I did a hike and felt fine until the evening set in and I felt so swollen. My stomach remains to be hard as a rock and swollen. I saw my doctor yesterday 7/22/2014 and he say's everything is going ok " I Have To Give It Time." I will post in a few, hopefully with a change.
Hang in there, you are still in full healing mode!  I hope you keep us posted on how the next few weeks go.  Did your doctor tell you to limit your calories like that?  Just curious because it seems like maybe you aren't getting enough nourishment to heal.
Yes,; my doctor told me to limit my calories to 1200 a day so I would lose more weight instead of gain.

The waiting game

Today is post op #9. Yesterday was not a good day. I woke up feeling fine and it seems like my stomach was going down. By the late afternoon I was swollen again. My stomach is really hard and itching like crazy. I dranked some pineapple juice and rubbed my belly which tends to help. I will update soon.
Gotcha.  How is that going?  How do you deal with cravings?
When I get a craving I would eat a Jello cup or a piece of fruit...anything healthy.

Day#10 post op.

Day #10 after the surgery..I'm feeling like I'm walking around with a lot 5lb bag of rocks in my abdomen and I keep shooting pains every now and then .I went to a movie and the entire time it was awkward to sit down in the chair and get up as well.So far no real results that I can see, just a lot swelling and shooting pain.I will update soon.

PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE A PROCEDURE

Day 11 post op. I feel so heavy after eating or drinking anything. My stomach is so bloated I look 3 months pregnant. I recently found out (from a doctors post)it will be 3-4 months before I see any results. If someone would've mentioned the time frame I would've opt for another T.T. The down time may be longer with a T.T. yet the results are instant. Afteral I had the procedure done to lose weight not add on pounds.
Post op day# 12..My stomach is not as heavy as before,No change In my weight or the way my clothes fit. My calorie intake continues at 1200 a day.I have added more water to possibly flush out any remaining liquids.

Day 12

I just added your day 12 info to your review.  Hang in there- you will see results but it just might take a while.  I saw your update about the recovery time- I'm sorry you didn't realize there was so much downtime before seeing your final results.
Thanks, I will post an update in a few days.I can only hope the firmness( my abdomen)continues after the swelling goes down.

Total commitment. ..

Today is post op #16... I'm totally committed to my 1200 calories a day.I'm wearing the garment 24/7 and drink lemon water , no sugar ( other than sweeteners), I'm eating healthy,and snacking on veggies( celery sticks, carrots). My stomach is still tight and softer in the upper abdomen. My weight is 191.8 and I'm able to finally button my pre op pants around my waist. I have up to 6 months before I see the final results and hope it continues at this rate.:-) I have taken pics and will post pics of b4/after when there are dramatic results. ( fingers crossed) I will keep you posted.

counting down the days

Post opt# 17,, There's not much to report.. my weight started at 196lbs and exceeded to198lbs after the surgery and today its 191.2 which isn't too much of a change from yesterday. I did notice some marks on my abdomen ( looks like a sponge print).My doctor advised me to call in if there was some discoloration or soreness.I'm going to continue to adjust my meals to1200 calories a day and keep you posted. Happy TGIF, enjoy your weekend.

Patience is the key...

Post op 23.
My weight is 190 lbs and my clothes are fitting better. I'm still a little swollen in my lower abdomen and every now and then I still get a little flick of pain out of nowhere especially around the areas where I felt a little pain during the surgery. The massages helps to get rid of the hard spots in my abdomen and it really seems to smooth things out. I purchased a smaller garment because the one I was using became too loose. I will update in a few days possibly with some pictures.

Post op 24

I know I said I'll update in a few but I just had to mention this... I stepped on the scale (a bet) and despite my indulgence in a grilled bbq rib (just one) my weight is at 189.2lbs...that's 7 lbs so far. The new garment (small) I purchased feels much better and keeps everything nice and snug. I started back jogging on my treadmill in addition to my hiking and doing a back strengthening workout for my back fat. I've also decided to switch the garments..wearing the tighter one during the day and the original one (which was given after surgery) while sleeping. My stomach remains a little lumpy/sore to the touch especially on the sides, there's also no bruising and the bumps I mentioned in an earlier post have vanished. Overall things appear to be shrinking..... time will tell.

Post -Op 38

It's been over a month and a lot has changed.I have continued to stay on my 1200 calorie diet , added a 20 minute workout( 3 times a wk) to my exercise routine in addition to my 1 mile walk (4
times a week).My upgraded garment which I purchased in a small is beginning to fit loose which is an indication that I'm
continuing to shrink. I've decided to
continue wearing my garment because it
tends to hold in everything and it feels comfortable. I also eat plenty of leafy vegetables, drink plenty of water and have given up junk food. My salt intake is minimum or its Mrs Dash. Some days are better than others especially when it's that time of the month and your body is craving the sugar and salt. LOL My present weight is 186lbs, that's 10 pounds gone in 38 days. My doggie ears and the fat from upper/ lower abdomen is gone. My clothes fit better and my energy level has escalated. I can only imagine my final result in 6 months. I finally posted the before and after pictures to possibly help anyone who is unfamiliar with this procedure.
Hi I hope every is going well and your friend is doing bretter.
I think you are looking AMAZING!
Thank you..my weight seems to be going down.So far it's been a pound a day..Yay!
Richard Buckley