Breast Implants: StoriesWrite a Review
Sooo Frustrated but Sure It's Something I Want to Do
- posted 6 months ago
- updated 5 months ago
- Not Sure
- Cost: $7,000
Hi ladies. I decided on a BA after weaning my...
- 29 Dec 2012
Hi ladies. I decided on a BA after weaning my first child 5 years ago but knew I wanted another child so I decided to wait. Ive now weaned both children and my husband and I know our family is complete.
So I started my journey with a consultation. This was my first mistake. I should have researched first THEN done the consult. Hindsight is 20/20 so oh well. Well the doctor & staff were awesome to me, I was excited & I booked on the spot. But I waivered about the size. I went back for two more consults & we all thought the 590cc high profile mentor looked great IN MY CLOTHES. After researching I learned that this is a huge implant & not often recommended on a first time BA. I was also advised on a crescent lift that I later learned wasn't the best option for someone who's breasts sagged as much as mine.
I had a second opinion with a diff doc who suggested a lift and an implant between 450 & 500 to fill my saggy tissue. I called my surgery office the week on my procedure & the nurse got testy with me but said she would order smaller implants as an option. First Red Flag! I went for my surgery Fri, 12/21/12 but the smaller size wasn't there due to a storm in our area. I knew this was a sign. My hubby & I looked at sizers again & I decided on 450cc. I posted questions on this forum and the ps's on the site all said I needed more than a crescent lift.
I called the Ofc to see if I could meet with the dr to discuss types of lifts before my 1/18/13 surgery date & the receptionist was RUDE!!! She mentioned I needed to make up my mind about size because they were about to order the 450s. I calmlÿ told her I wanted to discuss lifts not size. Now that I've thought about the audacity of this rude staff I have decided to request a full refund & start fresh with a new doctor. Besides I haven't had any work done and I am getting attitude. What would happen if there were post op complications & they refused to see me?! Very unhappy but would rather wait until I know it's the right doc/Ofc. Also, I'd planned for silicone but the research about silent ruptures and frequent MRI's make me wanna lean towards saline.
So long story short. I am going to request a refund from this facility and start fresh with my consults & ps search. Wish me luck. Oh! Almost forgot stats. I'm 5'10", 145 lbs & have a 12cm breast pocket which apparently is rare and limits size options. As such I want to be sure the implant isn't so wide it'll stick out on the sides. Stressful journey but will keep you posted. Hopefully my happy ending is soon! Y'all's before & after pics are the only thing that hasn't made me forget about implants all together!
Frustrated in the Midwest!
Hi ladies! I tried posting an update sooner but...
- 20 Jan 2013
Ladies, yall have been awesome with your encouraging words and I have appreciated reading your stories and your replies more than you know! This is a great site!
SORRY the pic is upside down. :( Computer...
- 20 Jan 2013
Hi ladies! I had a consult today and the PS was...
- 21 Jan 2013
Okay so I did my final consultation yesterday. The...
- 25 Jan 2013
My Doctor: Name not provided
Word of mouth- A coworker used him and her boobs looked great!
More Breast Implants Reviews
Can't Wait to Get My Surgery Done - Toronto, ON
1 day ago
I just got off the phone with Stephanie (after calling her a couple of times this week and...
Excited and Nervous - Eugene, OR
2 days ago
I'm so happy I found this site I have learned so many things from everyone's story I just...
Excited but Nervous at the Same Time - Houston, TX
3 days ago
Hi ladies I'm 25 about 122lbs 5'3 and I have two little girls 6yrs and 10mon. I've been...