Sooo Frustrated but Sure It's Something I Want to Do

Hi ladies. I decided on a BA after weaning my...

Hi ladies. I decided on a BA after weaning my first child 5 years ago but knew I wanted another child so I decided to wait. Ive now weaned both children and my husband and I know our family is complete.

So I started my journey with a consultation. This was my first mistake. I should have researched first THEN done the consult. Hindsight is 20/20 so oh well. Well the doctor & staff were awesome to me, I was excited & I booked on the spot. But I waivered about the size. I went back for two more consults & we all thought the 590cc high profile mentor looked great IN MY CLOTHES. After researching I learned that this is a huge implant & not often recommended on a first time BA. I was also advised on a crescent lift that I later learned wasn't the best option for someone who's breasts sagged as much as mine.

I had a second opinion with a diff doc who suggested a lift and an implant between 450 & 500 to fill my saggy tissue. I called my surgery office the week on my procedure & the nurse got testy with me but said she would order smaller implants as an option. First Red Flag! I went for my surgery Fri, 12/21/12 but the smaller size wasn't there due to a storm in our area. I knew this was a sign. My hubby & I looked at sizers again & I decided on 450cc. I posted questions on this forum and the ps's on the site all said I needed more than a crescent lift.

I called the Ofc to see if I could meet with the dr to discuss types of lifts before my 1/18/13 surgery date & the receptionist was RUDE!!! She mentioned I needed to make up my mind about size because they were about to order the 450s. I calml├┐ told her I wanted to discuss lifts not size. Now that I've thought about the audacity of this rude staff I have decided to request a full refund & start fresh with a new doctor. Besides I haven't had any work done and I am getting attitude. What would happen if there were post op complications & they refused to see me?! Very unhappy but would rather wait until I know it's the right doc/Ofc. Also, I'd planned for silicone but the research about silent ruptures and frequent MRI's make me wanna lean towards saline.

So long story short. I am going to request a refund from this facility and start fresh with my consults & ps search. Wish me luck. Oh! Almost forgot stats. I'm 5'10", 145 lbs & have a 12cm breast pocket which apparently is rare and limits size options. As such I want to be sure the implant isn't so wide it'll stick out on the sides. Stressful journey but will keep you posted. Hopefully my happy ending is soon! Y'all's before & after pics are the only thing that hasn't made me forget about implants all together!

Frustrated in the Midwest!

Hi ladies! I tried posting an update sooner but...

Hi ladies! I tried posting an update sooner but tend to error on the side of computer illiterate. :) At any rate, I wanted to update you all on my process. I am actually excited again and eager to get the ball rolling! I have two consults coming up this week. I have a list of knowns and unknowns as well as a list of likes, dislikes and red flags. First, I was referred to both of the PS's I'm seeing this week but then again I was referred to the one that I cancelled with as well. i was told that I shouldn't move so soon and take my time scheduling the procedure. I think I know I want to do it and want to get it over with but I also know I need to do my due diligence and take my time with the preliminaries so that I'll be pleased with the end result. One of the offices I am visiting has 4 or 5 PS's in it. I was originally going to see a doctor that my daughter's dance teacher used for a reduction but his online reviews said he was arrogant and judgemental with a bad personality. One of the other doctor's in the office was recommended by the wife of a local surgeon. Apparently he refers all of his patients to this doctor for reconstructive surgeries and swears by his work. I'm going to see the recommendation fo the local surgeon as I wouldn't feel right trying to see two different docs in one ofc. Especially since they charge a consultation fee. :( Oh well. The second consult is with a PS who is well known in the area and I've seen LOTS of women who saw, love and trust him but he has some poor online reviews too. :( On the bright side, one of the previous surgeons I saw for a consult before the previously scheduled surgery date called to see if I had any questions! Actually one of his nurses called but I thought that was really nice of them! The thing I didn't like about him was he mentioned a crescentic lift and all of the PS's on this site said I need more than a crescentic lift as this would not give the best results. :( Plus, he was a bit too professional. He didn't give that warm fussy feeling that I think the first doctor gave. Oh well, that situation was disastrous so I don't even wanna compare to him because his staff ruined it for me. I have some goal boob pics to show the PS's and want to straight up ask about a lift other than the crescentic as most of the realself.com surgeons said it would give subpar results. THoughts?? Is that too aggressive of an approach? Well, I'll keep yall posted as I proceed. I read an explant story on here earlier and was sad and nervous reading about the results that occurred from this BA gone wrong. :( I know with everything (even childbirth) there are risks. I just wish it was all fool proof but so many ladies I know who have BA's look FABULOUS and I want those results too! I'm also very happy with my new decision to do saline (after the cancelled initial procedure). :) I feel good about it and it has relieved alot of my tension as I error on the side of being hypochondriac. LOL!

Ladies, yall have been awesome with your encouraging words and I have appreciated reading your stories and your replies more than you know! This is a great site!

SORRY the pic is upside down. :( Computer...

SORRY the pic is upside down. :( Computer illiterate me can't figure out how to rotate it. I'm pretty sure you get the idea though. :) Sorry.

Hi ladies! I had a consult today and the PS was...

Hi ladies! I had a consult today and the PS was very informative and very nice. He was the one I mentioned that was recommended by a doctor's wife. The wife mentioned her husband sends all of his patients to him so that was encouraging. He did encourage the greater lift (not the crescent) and said the crescent lift would be pointless for me given the amount of ptosis I had (just like what the PS's on this site said). So far, he's the front runner and I'll let you know more after my next consult. Still hoping for spring break boobies. :) OH! I almost forgot to mention, he said he rarely ever uses implants smaller than 300cc or larger than 450cc. He thinks for my desired D cup I'd fare well in the lower 400 range. :) That made me happy to hear.

More later!

Okay so I did my final consultation yesterday. The...

Okay so I did my final consultation yesterday. The PS wants to do the lift in one surgery and the implants in a separate surgery 4 months later. I really don't want to have two separate surgeries although he mentioned more predictable results. I know I will need a moderate to full lift as told to me by numerous people. Did any of you ladies have lifts and implants at the same time? What kind of lift and how did they look afterward?

Word of mouth- A coworker used him and her boobs looked great!

Just saw your last post .. I know a lot of ladies who did the lift and implant in 1 surgery but you need to do whatever is most safe for you. Have you received another consult? I would rather go through the pain and rehab once.
Great update. Excited for you
If you email RealSelf they will rotate your pics for you. ;)
Thanks!! Will do. :) BTW, when I mentioned having a pic to show him for my goal boobs (which is your pic! LOL!) the PS mentioned the end result was directly tied to what you started with. :) As such, given my extensive sagging I may have to just covet your perkiness and be happy with fuller boobs that don't sag as much as they currently sag. :) Either way, I'm sure it would be a tremendous improvement. :)
LOL .. anything is better than what I had before!! Thank you for making my boobs your goal pic!! I started with deflated sagging B's, as you saw. If you PM me your email address I will email you actual pics. Good luck and keep us posted. I could not be happier - best money I ever spent! ;o) xoxo
What did you decide to do! Looks like you have som extra skin for some big boobies! You can check out my pics .. I started with a lot of extra skin as well. Take a look at my pics/profile if you would like. Good luck! xoxo :) And keep us posted!
Hi! Thank you for your reply!! I need to update but can't quite figure out how. Ugh (computer illiterate me!). I looked at your photos and OMG they are GORGEOUS!! You just entered my collection of goal boobs!! I'm after full, round & perky!! How many weeks post op are you? They're perfect!! I used to live on the east coast and wish I still did so I could see your guy!! Did you have a lift? Did your clothing/shirt size change? You must be elated! They're beautiful!
Aw thank you so much!!! I was 3 weeks post op on Wednesday. I did not have a lift. I haven't bought many new shirts yet and I have not tried on any of my suits but I can squish them into a sport bra and have looked conservative enough in some dresses. On the other hand, I can wear something low cut and not look so conservative LOL. :o)
Please let me know if you ever have any questions .. My daughter will be 18 next month. I have wanted these my whole life even before they deflated after breast feeding! Best money I ever spent!!!!
OMG!! Your body looks so amazing that I thought YOU were 18!!! Thanks for the offer! Ill definitely ask questions as they arise! My consults are this week then ill take my time deciding and plan to schedule for spring break! :)
Thank you so much!!! A friend of mine on this website GoBigTallGirl got a lift without the scars under her breasts .. The doc just did something at the top of her areolas. She got 616 ccs too!! One of yours looks a like it has more volume than the other .. Make you discuss your options with your PS in terms of different sized implants. Also if you do need the lift that requires the incisions under your breasts there are so many scar treatments out there that really help. Either way .. Good luck and you have a lot of ladies on here to support you!!! :) xoxo
Thanks. I will talk to them and see. The PS's on this site said I need a lift that will be under the breast and will likely result in scars. I'm not too stressed over a scar as I had a c section with one of my babies and its faded quite well over time. Not that I'm hoping for a scar just that I want the best results. :)
I had a c section too! Frankly I could care less if I even lost sensation in my nipples because of my BA .. I was that desperate to have boobs ha ha ha! xoxo
LMBO!!!! I feel the same way!!! My boobs were for feeding my babies and I went for over a year with each of them. As such, I have no "enjoyment" from them, they are simply "baby feeders" (as my baby would say). Lol. I want them to look nice for my clothes and to balance out my body. I don't want them numb to the touch but wouldn't cry if they weren't "stimulated". You know?
Yes!! I know exactly what you are saying lol!!! :)
Btw, doing this has been the best money I have ever spent on myself lol. xoxo
hello wife&ma, look like one breast hangs considerably lower than the other. You will probably need a lift
I know but the docs I've seen wanna do a minor lift and I think I'll need a full lift. I have some consultations coming up in a couple weeks.
Hi everyone!! Thanks for your kind and encouraging words!! I must say I questioned whether I still wanted to do the surgery after this experience but decided to quit having a pity party and research other surgeons in the area. Sad thing is I like the surgeon. His staff was rude. :( I looked at a few online reviews in my area and almost everyone had at least a few rude comments. Of the other well known ps's in the area, reviews state the following: 1 is referred to as arrogant, 1 referred to as too many pts and doesn't take his time, 1 was noted as defensive and annoyed if post op results were questioned & 1 had mostly all good reviews but website didn't offer much info about him or his practice but it seems like he only does saline. Though I'm leaning in that direction I'd like a surgeon who does both to help assess pros and cons of my body. Slim pickins in my area. :( Considered going to a bigger city for surgery but would be difficult to coordinate consults and post ops. You know?! All of the docs I noted above had good reviews too and I know women who've worked with all of them and they have positive things to say in addition to the positive online reviews. What thoughts do you all have about the next ps I should see?? I saw another ps before my initial surgery was scheduled but didn't feel a connection with him or his staff plus his online review stated he's defensive and rude if you have post op problems. So many decisions and complications. Thanks for the encouragement all of you! It means a lot!
Take your time and you will find the right one. This site is helpful and I think everyone is always willing to answer any questions you might have. I wish you all the best in your journey and look forward to seeing you on the other side.
Good for you! Do not settle for less than the best care. This is your body and you must make sure that you find a Dr. that is about serving you and not being served. You are not on their timeline they are on yours! And should be respectful of your concerns and questions. You have made the right decision to move on. There are many great PS out there that have the expertise to help you and that have the desire to give you their best so that you will be happy with the outcome. GoodLuck and keep us updated!!
Good luck. I wish you the best in your doctor search, and hope they honor the entire fund.
Good luck with everything! I would definitely find someone you feel completely comfortable with. You don't want any regrets! I'm going for my surgery next week, trying to get everything ready, it's been crazy with the holidays & we just got back from Mexico yesterday! Best of luck on you journey, keep us up dated!
a 590 in silicone is not huge. I am much smaller and shorter than you-I have 600 hp round silicone implants and they dont look too big.
I'm sorry to hear about the stressful experience. On the bright side, I think that you have made a good choice; a crescent breast lift would not have resulted in a significant breast lift and/or an aesthetically pleasing outcome. Additional surgery would have been costly in many ways. Continue to do your due diligence, find a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate lots of experience helping patients in your situation, and communicate your goals very carefully. Best wishes, Tom J Pousti M.D.