messy

First, I would like to thank Real Self for...

First, I would like to thank Real Self for bringing together all specialists that trough their kindness answered to all our questions preparing us for what should we expect during our recoveries. Thank you. Choosing you surgeon is extremely difficult. Even though my surgeon was not in Real Self map I knew that he deserve to be known. His name is Joe Niamtu, an extraordinary surgeon and human been. Kind, generous, and knowledgeable you can feel the moment you meet this man that there is no better one to operate you. Ah, did I mentioned that he only operate the face, no tummy, no boobs, just your cute face.? During the month beetwen I paid deposit and the surgery day, i watched all the videos and blogs on his website. With each day my trust was growing and it felt like eternity until I will lay down on the operating table. Dr Niamtu has posted about 7000 pics and i believe i saw at least half.
So surgery day was 21 of August. Katy came picked me up from the hotel. Waiting time there about an hour. Signing papers, getting marked, last look in the mirror to the old me.... I got up on the surgery table. Everything around me seems so glamorous ,exquisite I felt like a celebrity in Hollywood with all the lights on me......And action. I woke up when the movie was done. I knew I have to act that I am feeling good so they can let me home with Katy.. Surprisingly I felt good except a minor headache. Laying on my bed it felt like heaven . While Katy is reading quietly her book, in that massive orange armchair provided by the hotel, I closed my eyes and said a prayer thanking God that I am ok. I then thank and huged my momy, who died last year , while recovering from tummy-tuck, I knew she is with me. The film was cut again zzzzzzz When i woke up i felt so hungry. I sent Katy home to be with her family and I eat like a pig while watching scary news on tv.

22 August
My last day at this beautiful and hospitalier Hampton hotel. Just knowing that outside my door there is a table full of goodies prepared since 6 am, i intentionally ignored my Frankenstein look and run outside to get my breakfast. mmmmmm so so so delish. And hot coffee..... it made my day . Finally got to the office. Parked by the dumster and piucked all the breakfast. Ufffff I guess my body was reacting to my greedyness.haha. It was dificult for me to say "good bye" to all those wonderful friends that made my stay in Virginia unforgettable. I'm sitting here in one of those super elegant rooms , the door is open and a pair of arms are coming to hug me. Yep, that is my Ginger, the angel that was there for me from the first email to the last moment . She carry a bag with creams that she said will need in my recovery. She than oppened one box and gently applied the cream under my eyes. I hate to say good buy because as soon i will save money i will be right back for a neck lift. Before i drove back to NY, i took Katy to a dinner and i knew that she will take in care of me every time i will need her. Thank you Dr Niamtu for everything

5th day

As awfull the pics are as good i feel

I work so hard

I work so hard all year around from 2-3-4 am until God knows, so those "lazy" day feels like a bonus so well deserved.I woke up today the 6 day po with both eyes glued. I clean them gently and generously applied a layer of Vaseline. It feels already gooooood. You'll think by 6th day we would look better? Bad news my friends. I still look like just came from an accident. Anyway I won't go anywhere except backyard to feed a cat and her brand new babies. She doesn't care how I do look. There is no reason to get frustrated. Allow yourself at least 10-12 days for this. Less if you don't do the laser. Uuuuhhhh my coffee is ready. Nothing can brighten my morning than this hot, black cup of coffee.You guessed, no milk, just honey. I grabbed a book, I know there are not lot of us who will enjoy the paper books, called Strategies for Success by Dornan. It will keep me company on this day that nothing exciting can happened except my regular photo shooting daily session. While I was thinking where should I apply the strategies learned from the book my phone is ringing like "Katrina" is coming back. I don't want to talk to anyone those days. I already know what they will say:" oh Zi you are so beautiful, you didn't need a surgery!!! " " what did you say you have had done". "O honey you should ask me before, I could recommend to the doctor..."...... Oh NO ....I don't want to hear any of my friends right now. I don't remember promising any of them to do the surgery for any one other then ME I know soon I will play that game with them: " can you find my scars?". Is that a game?? Hahah I just invented a game. Anyway the real question that I can't figure how will I answer is what drove me last week down to Virginia. Something magis had happened. Last year when I planed my tummy tuck I wrote back n forth with Pocahontas and saw he pics and read review. This time I knew no one that was operated by Dr Niamtu. And still ,last week 20 of August 2013 at 2:30 in the morning I woke up happy to finally meet this extraordinary doctor, which will change something on my face . Nothing could stop me. Almost 2 months ago I was setting like usual the internet, when I came across Dr Niamtu picture. That's it. I found HIM!!!!. Then little by little I was discovering how unique, knowledgeable, and charitable this wonderful men is it. During those two months I cried sometimes. I liked to believe that my mom , who died while recovering from tummy-tuck was helping me to find my doctor. Please tell me I am crazy, but I felt that way. I wish my mom can see how young I look today. She always saw my pretty

i hate this

As much I used to love RS I hate them so much. My last review was longer and so emotional and they were cutting. The best part of it.

7th day

I wish I could say I feel better, but I can't cuz all this time i felt.....wait for it....AWESOME.The only down site is the waiting. I am full of energy and if the first few days I pampered myself, today I could died without going outside. After washing my hair, applied little to almost no make-up, I did apply a lot of the cream from the doctor office, with spf 30 to protect my under eyes aria. I loved spending extra moments in front of the mirror today seeing less bruises and hardly avoided to be harsh and judgmental of what I saw..This is really not the time to be hard on yourself. Just say : " I am a beautiful woman. and will always be" Please say it loudly. ..... Doesn't feel better? It does. When you will believe that you are beautiful, so all those around you will, too.

About three weeks ago

About three weeks ago I drove 8 hours to Virginia to met Dr Niamtu anxious to get a lip lift , eye lid tucked , and ear lobes repaired. We have decided that I will benefit from a browlift too and than we planed to add a CO2 laser on my lower lids. I left the office with the strong feeling that Dr Niamtu is not one of those doctors that you meet, give him the money, cross your fingers an hope for the best. He's practicing only facial procedures , for over 20 years. His agenda is impressive and the results ....I will let you judge my pics. Watching on YouTube his videos and reading his blog, I could feel his passion for what he does and the love for his family, patients and employees. So on the 20 of august I was driving from NY, and let me tell you that traveling for surgery is confusing especially if you hare not familiar with that area. To Dr Niamtu office you can fly, take the train, driving your car or a rental. If you don"t drive, you can tae a taxi or better hire Katy and arrange with her to pick you up and care for you po. Dr Niamtu office is close to everything . Walking distance to renovated pharmacy and a Diner , and about 7 min drive to few hotels. I myself stayed at Hampton Inn for 4129/night. It worth it every cent. Swimming pool, gym, coffee station, free breakfast, parking, cozy, quiet, ice machine......... love it. The area is full of malls, fast food restaurants, pharmacies and anything you need to make your stay restfulness. Just don"t forget your credit cared at home ). Driving from NY cost me about $80 in tolls and $150 in gas. For my next visit I will prefer to hire Katy so I wont need to deal with driving.
The office of Dr Niamtu is elegantly furnished and the girls that works there are making that place so welcoming. I loved every single girl there but I can tell you that Ginger, the patient coordinator, made my experience unforgettable. She is so experienced, and at some point I was wondering if she can read minds because she knew what I would like even without expressing. I would like you to know that after hearing your original quote for surgery be prepare to spend a lot more for traveling, hotel, food, medication, nurse, anesthesia and anything in between. What made me happy dealing with this office was the fact that every time I sent an email, either to the doctor or to the girls , I got a response immediately. In order to start the trust in your surgeon you must have great communication with him/her. Make sure you both vision the same result. The final result is what matter the most.
Now I would like to enumerate few thinks that I have learned and want to passed to you:

1) please make sure you need a surgery more than you want. Don't do a surgery if you eel vulnerable or sensitive about someone (ex you just ended a relationship/marriage, a girlfriend just ha a surgery and she look better than you do, the surgery will change your life or you believe will help you obtain a better job,) Whatever surgery you aim to get be reasonable in expectations.
2)The more serious surgery it is the more prepare you should be. Invest few hundred dollars to hire a professional nurse to drive you back home and stay with you in case you don't feel good, plus she will bring a handful tips .
3)Make sure you got enough money. Reading reviews here , only few stressed that aspect. I am saying this because i money will be one of your problem while recovering you will want to shorten the recovery time and it will affect you. After finding out what your surgery cost, ask if that include anesthesia. Than add for meals, medications, hotel, airfares, nurse. Don't be unprepared .
4)Make sure your chosen surgeon have experience/board certified and most importantly you have a great communication with him, not only with his staff If he doesn't have time to answer to your questions before surgery what chances are to find him available after? We humans have instincts. Use it. If there is something that doesn't feel right change your surgeon.
5)It will be a good idea to write down the reasons that made you decided to get this surgery. Consult at least 3 surgeons or sent them emails. The one that will point out same concerns and suggest the solution to your problem and coincide with what you thought, that helps you to make a easier decision. Also take lots of pictures and try to document your recovery.
6)Prepare your meals and plan your diet in advance. Avoid salt to eliminate excessive swelling that can promote popping out prematurely stitches that are melting on their own. also eat a lot of protein to avoid loosing a lot of hair after surgery.
7) Be prepared to take 3 weeks to a month off from work (add this time off to your expenses) If anyone is telling you that in 2 weeks after a facelift, full face laser , or extensive tummy-tuck is telling you a lie. I'm 3 weeks po and i am not fully healed. Also take in consideration that everyone heals differently
8)Do not tell to all your FB friends that you will have a surgery. People, for whatever reasons, including jealousy, can come up with 1001 reasons why you should not get this surgery. You might end up more confused than you are already. Choose wisely who you decide to tell to. Not everyone is pro-surgery.
9)Prepare comfortable clothes to wear. Sometimes an extra pillow can make your recovery extra softer .
10)make in advance a list with what you need for the 3 weeks recovery, and never over buy. Not everyone have a large family or sportive friends and all you have is YOU. Don't get discourage, you have enough. You have GOD. You are God preferred child and he will give you the ability to take care of yourself. Keep in touch with women here in RS for moral support Say a prayer and smile.
11)If you travel for your surgery it will be good to leave back home right after surgery or stay there at least 12 days. Right after surgery you will feel pretty good, but rom day 3 to 10th day your look change and worsen.
12) Every doctor will have his/her own recommendation po. Follow that
13) Drink plenty of water/ juice.(i love pineapple juice), avoid salt
14) After surgery , the first month is more important how you eel than how you look. Avoid infection, take your antibiotic .If you feel bad contact your surgeon, if you feel good, relax. Watch a movie, or read. Keep your head elevated above your hearth Apply ointments and ice by your doctor order. Do not pick on incisions.
15) Rest. Do not rush to go out in public to early even you feel good and pretty . Tomorrow you will regret.
16) Don't loo in the mirror every 5 min even if you die to. The recovery is tricky and you will go from I love it to "I hate it" faster than Maserati "0 to 60" Your recovery will seem slooooooower.
17)Less is more . The less you do to speed your recovery the more chances your body get to heal at it peace. There is no miracle pill to heal you faster.
18) Back to work. You secretly are waiting for a compliment or a comment from colleagues/friends regard your new look. Wrong. You can easily get disappointed because people don't react the way you want it. They might have bad time and their minds are not aware of any change. Some people do not even care when others change something. Whatever it is, go on with your life. Be happy and keep being beautiful inside as beautiful you are outside.
19) Not everyone is satisfied with the outcome from a surgery. If you have had a facelift , I suggest you , after recovery, to change your hair color and style, buy some make-up, or go to a department store and let the professionals to do your make-up and teach you how to o it at home. Get inspired by reading fashion magazines, anything to make you feel better about your new loo. DO NOT ISOLATE YOURSELF FROM OTHERS.
20) There are no guaranties. The results, after surgery, are stupidly unpredictable. Even the best surgeon can not predict your exact result , less your satisfaction. We are our worst critics, and even when we look good , we find something to complain about it. Make sure you have realistic expectations. If you paint just a wall of your room, that room will look different not necessarily renovated.
21) Alcohol. Eheheeeeeeh , i heard you girlfriend . I do too love uncle "Johny" and i "Absolute" adore every single shade of that "Grey Goose" but during recovery is not a good idea to consume any alcohol that can interact with any of your medication. I better be sober than sorry.

And a final thought. You don't need anyone to tell you that you are beautiful because deep down on your heart you know that you are GORGEOUS.

Two months, feeling amazing

I can't believe it passed already two months. This been such a wonderful experience. I've learned to really love myself in a mature way. Right before I met Dr Niamtu there was something about my face that will drive me crazy , will keep me up late night but could not know exactly what it is . This procedure really opened my eyes lol, I had brow lift, blepharoplasty and lip lift. Every single procedure was done so professionally and even I don't look like Madona, I do feel like her. It is so amazing how a surgery can impact someones self esteem.
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon