47 Years Old, 1 Child (8 Lb), 5'8", 160 Lbs - Middletown, NY

I am a few weeks away from my first Coolsculpting...

I am a few weeks away from my first Coolsculpting appointment and I am very apprehensive. I am about to spend a great deal of money to get 6 areas treated and I am panicking that I made the wrong decision. Originally I wanted to get a tummy tuck, but the doctor I chose for a consultation no longer does them because he has a back injury and can't perform a surgery for that length of time anymore. He seemed confident I would be happy with the results of Coolsculpting but honest about the fact that I wouldn't have the tight, flat stomach I would get from lipo and a tummy tuck. I honestly never considered having lipo before because the procedure scared me, but he told me that for the results I wanted, if I chose not to go with Coolsculpting, aggressive lip WOULD be necessary. That made the decision very difficult for me. Eventually I opted to go with it. After putting down a $500 deposit, and finding this site and seeing more pictures and reviews, I'm scared I'll be wasting my money. I am glad for those of you who are happy with your results, and I do see a lot of you who are, but the chances seem high that any one of us won't see the results we want. I will go through with the procedure because I don't want to lose my $500. I really hope I'm wrong. Will add before photos when it gets closer to my appointment.

Loose skin or fat?

Here are my pre-coolsculpting pictures. I'm still debating on whether to do it or not. Today I plan to call to see what my options are for a refund, but part of me still wants to try it. I just wish it was a sure thing! Coolsculpting or lipo? Or tummy tuck???

Decided against Coolsculpting

I went for a few more consultations and a tummy tuck seems to be what I'm looking for. Each PS I spoke with was so helpful. What a learning experience this has been!
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Loomis is very calm and gentle and reassuring. He has experience in lipo, tummy tucks, and other major cosmetic surgeries and I have confidence he knows what he is doing. I did not end up pursuing Coolsculpting because I realized it was not the procedure for me, and Dr. Loomis was very respectful of that. I would recommend him on the basis of that alone.