Lip Liner Tattoo to Cover a Dog Bite - Middleburg, VA

I was bit by a dog when I was about 18, I am now...

I was bit by a dog when I was about 18, I am now 22. I am very OCD when it comes to how I look and being young I don't always wear makeup and my looks are not overly but important enough to me. I went through multiple plastic surgeries to get my lip looking mostly normal and I should have just left it alone. My lip was slightly deformed and a chunk of color was missing where the scar traveled down from slightly under my nose into my lip. I decided to get tattoo lip liner to cover it up. I had only one session when I regretted my decision. I told the woman I do not wear makeup often and wanted it to look as natural as possible. I was recommended to her by my plastic surgeon and put my trust in her. The liner faded into my lips just fine except for two dark lines on my right side where the scar is. The scar is now still visible since the ink has faded there and the two dark lines are still too dark and the natural shape of my lip was never where the tattoo now is. Here is a photo. Most everyone who knows about the tattoo tells me no one notices and that it looks fine. I can not bring myself to forget about it and it is constantly on my mind, literally poisoning my mind, it makes me depressed and I cannot for a second forget about it. I don't know if I should get it removed or what to do..

Thank you everyone for your extremely encouraging words. I still never feel good about it but it does make it easier to think that others don't notice. I would still like to maybe meet another professional cosmetic tattoo technician who could finish or fix it. Last time I attempted to meet another woman she made me feel terrible about the tattoo that is already there so I'd like to avoid that. I live in Fredericksburg va if anyone knows someone near here. Again I am afraid to have it look worse thought
Astrid Schneider

Nice german woman, did not make an attempt to contact me or ease my worries when I canceled my second session with her. After the first session I was so afraid about the results that I saw her again a few weeks after and she just assured me it would be perfect when she was done, but I was not convinced.

I do not see anything wrong with your lip! Anyone who does not know you got bit when you were younger would not see anything "wrong" with you. I think you may just be paranoid because you know that it happened, but really it is so miniscule that you can't even tell otherwise and you honestly shouldn't be so stressed out about it :)
Hey there. To be honest, I dont see anything wrong with it and I hardly noticed the scar. If I were you, I'd leave it alone but obviously thats your descision, youre the one who has to be happy :) I think your lips look great and you are very beautiful, so please dont feel so down about this!
Honestly, that woman who made you feel terrible probably just wanted your money. Some of those ppl are pros at that and play off any possible insecurity they see us having...even if it is more our own harsh judgement on ourselves whereas others do not even notice. I agree w/ grayfox...you are beautiful!! Go out and ask random ppl (not a cosmetic clinic) and see what they say....or if you do go, get many opinions from a few places..
HI...I think you should really forget about it, move on with your life and be happy,,,the tattoo is not noticeable and so it is the scar also... ...your lips are simply Amazing..believe me
Thank you, that makes me feel worlds better
you're welcome, but it's just the truth... it's impossibile to notice it, I think you should just relax, take a deep breath and move on...you are beautiful, enjoy your life!!! ;)
HI, No human is perfect, even models are "photoshopped". I am told that almost every magazine image has been "corrected". Medical and cosmetic interventions are good to improve significant deformity but become dangerous when applied to tiny imperfections - they run the risk of making things worse or adding new problems. I think what you describe is not at all obvious in the photo, in fact I see an attractive young woman, with nice lips and absolutely no abnormality on the right side where you say the problem exists. I think that you are insightful when you say you are "OCD" about it. Be kind to yourself and let it go. If you can't I would suggest that you have some counselling rather that take more risks with treatment.
What a wonderfully supportive comment, it is really important to put things into perspective and to be good to one's self.
Hi- honestly, like others on here have already said, I do not notice any type of obvious sign that you even had a lip liner tattoo at all!! It all looks very normal and natural to me and I hardly even notice the scar (only b/c you mentioned it). Also, in regards to laser removal for cosmetic tattoos, I don't know much about them but I do think the inks are different and may react differently to laser. I know white inks can get darker after being lasered, even if white was mixed in a color- but I would recommend speaking w/ a professional who knows this more. Did you get the liner placed recently or a while ago? I seriously see no sign of it but I understand it is ultimately your happiness and decision regarding all of this...best of luck to you!
Welcome to the community :) Sorry to hear that this is bothering you so much, it is very difficult to remove toxic thoughts from our mind when we regret something so badly. I think it's wonderful you found this site so that we can help support your through this.

Here are some FAQ's to our doctors on site that I found for you that you might find helpful:

LASER TATTOO REMOVAL FOR LIPS?
CAN PERMANENT LIP LINER BE REMOVED

Feel free to ask a question as well,  I wish you much luck on your journey.

P.S.  I don't see the imperfection you speak about, or at least it's not obvious unless you exam your lips. I realize photo's on a computer are not always the best visual, but I really feel that in person it would not be as noticeable as you may feel it is. Keep your chin up, you are beautiful.

I think WElshChad has some amazing words. I would like to add "we are our own worst enemy". I understand how you must feel though. I would have a consultation with the plastic surgeon again, and at least visit with the recommended cosmetic tattoo artist. Cosmetic tattoos are different from artistic tattoos, so not sure what you are up against in terms of results. Consultations with esperts might give you some answers, but if in doubt, just wait and weigh your options.
Hi there. Like you, I am very particular about the way I look and even the smallest imperfection bugs me. I totally understand how you feel. I actually looked at your photo before reading what you had written, and I could not see anything unusual at all. Your lip looks amazing. It's incredible what people can do. I definitely think you should leave it as I can assure you that no one will notice what you have had done. Why should you remove something so fantastic only to be even more unhappy when it doesn't look normal again? I know it's your feelings that count and not anyone else's, but it really does look brilliant. Hope this helps!