Microdermabrasion for Wrinkles?

I am 45 yrs old and decided it was time to do...

I am 45 yrs old and decided it was time to do something about lines and wrinkles on my forehead and eyes.

Ok, actually, the lines are pretty much everywhere!

I'm freaked by the idea of surgery and botox injection, so i was easily convinced to get a microdermabrasion at  a well known Chicago aesthetician/spa.  I was told it would take years off.

The microdermabrasion took off some flaky skin, gave me a nice shiny complexion, but really didn't do much to erase lines and wrinkles.

Darnit, I think i need to move to chemical peel which I hear is painful

I would like to know where to find a good doctor as close to Omaha, as possible. I wish to have wrinkle work completed after chemo. I am seventy and do not want many scars if any. My email is foleyappraisal@cox.net
Hi Belle, I have just finished one a year's worth of microdermabrasion (about 10 visits). My skin is better, but I do not think it is because my wrinkles have softened. I will be viewing pictures next week to see how my skin has changed in a year. My prediction is that my skin will be in better shape but my wrinkles will not look any better (hey, as long as they don't look worse, maybe that is something). I have been told that chemical peels to not help wrinkles any better than microdermabrasion - and my friend who has had regular peels for the last several years has pretty bad creping under her eyes - so where has the chemical peels gotten her? Good luck, I know this is distrssing but it looks like you are doing your homework!
Hi Belle, my aesthetician told me the results also depend on the intensity level applied to your face. I'm not too sensitive so she raises the intensity so I'll require less sessions. I went to another spa and it was so light I'd have to go back many times more. Find a good aesthetician that won't take you for your money.