Microdermabrasion for Wrinkles?

I am 45 yrs old and decided it was time to do...

I am 45 yrs old and decided it was time to do something about lines and wrinkles on my forehead and eyes.

Ok, actually, the lines are pretty much everywhere!

I'm freaked by the idea of surgery and botox injection, so i was easily convinced to get a microdermabrasion at  a well known Chicago aesthetician/spa.  I was told it would take years off.

The microdermabrasion took off some flaky skin, gave me a nice shiny complexion, but really didn't do much to erase lines and wrinkles.

Darnit, I think i need to move to chemical peel which I hear is painful

I would like to know where to find a good doctor as close to Omaha, as possible. I wish to have wrinkle work completed after chemo. I am seventy and do not want many scars if any. My email is foleyappraisal@cox.net
Hi Belle, I have just finished one a year's worth of microdermabrasion (about 10 visits). My skin is better, but I do not think it is because my wrinkles have softened. I will be viewing pictures next week to see how my skin has changed in a year. My prediction is that my skin will be in better shape but my wrinkles will not look any better (hey, as long as they don't look worse, maybe that is something). I have been told that chemical peels to not help wrinkles any better than microdermabrasion - and my friend who has had regular peels for the last several years has pretty bad creping under her eyes - so where has the chemical peels gotten her? Good luck, I know this is distrssing but it looks like you are doing your homework!
Hi Belle, my aesthetician told me the results also depend on the intensity level applied to your face. I'm not too sensitive so she raises the intensity so I'll require less sessions. I went to another spa and it was so light I'd have to go back many times more. Find a good aesthetician that won't take you for your money.
Hi Belle, As I am 40 I also have skin issues...but it is my understanding that usually at least 8 to 12 sessions will give you great results..and than you'll have to keep it up with a maintance program...I also would go to a doctors office (a little more expensive) but worth it..and they'll give you a great skin care line just for your skin needs...Good Luck
Hello Belle2, What your aesthetician did was over promise. Not to say she was misleading, sometimes we get overly excited and the skin we are treating needs more than just 1 treatment. This is true with all skin rejuvination. Microdermabrasion did do some good for your skin. Removing dead, dull built up skin giving your skin a "nice shiny" glow. If this is your first go at addressing your skin concerns, at 45, then you really should consider peptite based skin care products, as peptites will plump the skin. Chemical resurfacers are another treatment you should look into. They can range from discomfort rating of zero all the way up to ten+. Ask about glycolics for starters. Both of these treatments can be done together. Microdermabrasion will refine the surface and the chemicals will plump the skin. Dont give up, just find an aesthetician which you trust and feel confident in her ability. Good Luck!