Having Tummy Tuck in 1 Week - Jackson, MI

I have had 4 children. The first child ruined my...

I have had 4 children. The first child ruined my tummy, have always wanted it done. My oldest is 11 and my youngest is 1 1/2. I need some encouragement! I'm feeling very anxious and apprehensive.

MY mom and mother-in-law are going to help the first few days with my youngest. Hoping husband and kids can deal until I'm recovered. Want to know exactly how awful it is going to be. I made the mistake of watching the surgery on a utube video....

Had tt & breast aug last thur the 24th. Love this...

Had tt & breast aug last thur the 24th. Love this website that everyone is so positive. Had my surgery done in the office & got sick that night either from anesthesia or drugs. Either way now I'm Only taking anvil but extremely uncomfortable from the binder and drains. Hoping once drains are out I will be more comfortable. My 2 year old has been at the in laws thank goodness but I miss him terribly. We told the older 3 boys that I was having a hernia repair done. (I didn't want others to know what I'm having done). The kids also think that my gushy belly may be able to look a bit better after this. I'm 5'6". 120# but have always had to tuck In my belly. I'll feel better once the binder comes off & I can see some results.
Thank you to all on this site it is helping me to be a bit more positive about this experience.

Photo Update

Ok, 11 days post op and feeling better. Still...

Ok, 11 days post op and feeling better. Still hunched over a bit which is very annoying! I almost feel like the binder makes me be hunched over. When I take off the binder there is still a lot of swelling throughout my belly and leakage from the drain holes. I finally have padded up my underware to absorb all the drainage. Maybe it was too soon to have them removed at 7 days. My next appt is on friday with my ps.
I'm getting antsy around the house and still get pretty wiped out after being up and doing house stuff. I haven't done much, but it's hard to sit still and leave everything to your husband. Making some light meals and clean up is ok. I did make the kids rice krispie treats today which I thought would be no big deal, but actually the tough stirring motion was a bit much! Can't wait for each new day as everyday gets better.
The best part is that sleeping is getting better too.

It has been 3 1/2 months since my surgery. I am...

It has been 3 1/2 months since my surgery. I am not thrilled with my results, I'm not sure if it is normal or not. First of all, I had breast augmentation done and had requested to be a small B cup, I am a full C cup...big difference! My tummy tuck looks like it has a speed bump from one hip bone to the other. I'm not one to want to show off my body, so I'm definately annoyed that I now have big boobs. I am also not sure what to do about my stomach, I have a hard time believing that I'm still a bit swollen after this many months. You can even see the speed bump through my swim suit! On the plus side, I no longer have to tuck in my tummy when I put on clothes.
Dr. Rifai

Dr rifai is wonderful. I'm still only on My 5th day post op and missing my life so the jury is still out on if it was worth it. I'llet you know at 5 weeks what I feel like then! After 3 1/2 mo, not happy with the results. Dr had great bedside manner, but I should have gone with a different doctor.

WOW!!!! Look at you, you are so teeny tiny! :)
I think your post-op pic is amazing! Your scar is nice and low as well. I will be soooo excited if mine turns out anything like yours. Best wishes for your continued recovery.
Thank you! That was very nice of you to say. Good luck to you. If I can offer any advice, be as well informed and prepared as possible!
I go see my ps this afternoon. Hoping that he will remove the drains. I think that the drains have been the worst part in that they are the real cause of the discomfort. At least that is my hope! I'm still not standing up very straight yet, wondering if it will improve after drains come out. Does anyone know about that??
Hi Kimic,

I broke down yesterday crying bc I feel like it will never end. However, I have been keeping a photo journal. And that has helped me so much. I see such a huge difference in my appearance already. I too am uncomfortable, however I am just trying to stay positive. Please contact me if you need me for anything. You are my Michigan buddy :)
hey im having my TT march 1st and i scared myself to death watching a TT surgery vid on youtube as well OMG i almost threw up! lol i have a 3 yr old and an 18 month old and im sure hoping my hubby can handle taking care of me and the boys good luck on your tummy tuck =)
Hi there,
I know how scared you are and hope that your surgery went well. I think every day gets a little bit better.
Let me know how you are doing!

Hi Kimic,

You will have pain and swelling but it will end and you will be left with a flat tummy.  All worth it in the end.  You have carried, labored and delivered 4 children so you can do this.

I won't lie...it is a long recovery period with ups and downs but I would do it all over again if necessary.  I love my results and wish I had done it years ago.

Stick with all of the ladies on the site and we will help you through.  We are a good support group and you can throw just about anything out here and get help.

I also watched the YouTube Videos and about fell off my chair.  But I kept watching....da!

Hang tough and you will be fine.
You have very positive comments! I wish I could feel more positive right now but this really is incredibly awful!!!!!
I am having my surgery on Thursday as well and I my doctor is in Southfield, MI. Contact me if you need support. I am VERY scared too.
Hi, wondering how you are doing. I have to say that I'm feeling very discouraged. I feel like I'm in hell and want my life back! The pain is actually not bad, I'm only taking Advil, but the discomfort is enormous and sleeping almost impossible. I know that once I'm through this week and the drains come out it will be better, but not seeing the light at the end of that tunnel yet.