Scheduled pre op appt for August 5th. Surgery...

Scheduled pre op appt for August 5th. Surgery schedules for August 26. Full tummy tuck and some lipo; losing 90 pounds wasnt enough to smooth alllll of this out ;)
Worried about taking care if my family post op and keeping my surgery secret. So many in my family would be very negative, I don't need it! I'm grown, it's my body :)

You will need help for the first few days with getting up, showering, etc. A tummy tuck will be hard to hide as you have a long recovery. Maybe explain to your family your decision and why you decided to have this done. They maybe understanding and offer a helping hand in your recovery. GL and hope your surgery goes well.
Hi HollyDugas! Yes, I know the recovery is extensive, I've read took much maybe ;) I am going to try to be realistic but positive and expect a good outcome and decent recovery. I am prepaying to do everything I can to recover successfully and as easily as possible...haha, I am a dreamer. I will have my husband home for a few days. Maybe like 4 actually. Then when he goes back to work he will still be home sleeping days because he's 3rd shift so I will never be alone. But I don't want to overwhelm him so I am going to try to leave him alone when I can :) Thanks for your response.

Before pics added

Just added my before pics :)
It's nice to be able to find a tummy that looks like yours :)
you didnt put your Dr in that your using.
Wishing you the best. My TT is Friday...
Good luck! Post an update! I am wanting to read lots of positive experiences :) I'm sure you'll be fantastic!

Pre op

Going to pre op today! Excited I think. I am wondering how much lipo he will do. I have love handles and I would like to see them gone but at the same time I don't wanna go overboard. I still wanna be soft :)
And I get to pay surgeon, anesthesiologist and surgery center today 0.0
How painful is the lipo part of recovery? I know muscle pain is the biggest issue but seems the trauma of lipo wouldn't be fun to heal from either :)
Love your ladies insight and experiences!
Hi, I'm 3 day's post op.. I didn't have any lipo, but I'm pleasantly surprised how my muscle pain is minimal. I'm off pain mess today, just the Tylenol.. Good luck ;)
Great! That seems like awesome progress! Keep resting and take it easy :) Congratulations!!
Thx ;)!!!! I will

Done deal!!!

So I'm home. Surgery was a success. I am heavily medicated but doing well at the moment. Drain is annoying and lots of oozing from entry point.
Abs...... Well that's where all then pain is. Even with pain pump, still have fentanyl on board from surfer probably, 4 Percocet in the last 7 hours I can still feel a lot of ab pain. I did Black out Getting out of the van to come Into the house. I started sweating an my vision went black am blurry and I sunk down to the floor. My friend was holding me so I didn't actually hit the floor but it was scary. Took some zodran after that and feeling much better and less queasy.
So thankful for how prepared I am due to following you ladies on this forum! So a big heartfelt thank you!!

More day of pics

Oh. Holy buckets.

First of all I love my surgeon and all the nurses and the fabulous people I have around me and am blessed to have! Now here are my experiences from the last 18 ish hours.
1. I hate this binder. Like a lot. It's like a friend who makes me feel secure and somewhat held together but at the sametime it is so uncomfortable and I swear I can not put it in correctly either :/
I will not miss it.
2. Really the main pain is the abs for sure. Mostly the upper abs. I only feel my incision if the pain pump accidentally bangs against it. My flanks are pretty sore from the lipo also. I am spacing out the Percocet as far as I can because narcotics make me totally unable to go to the bathroom. I'm beginning to panic about that. I've been taking miralax and vegetable laxative pills and nothing yet. The drain makes it very difficult to sit on the toilet.
Overall getting off my bed is the only thing I really can't do myself without extreme pain. I should have made my mattress firmer. I may have my husband take off the foam topper. That would make it much easier to get up.
Looking forward to Thursday and seeing PS and maybe the incision! It was extended farther back then we originally planned. I had really loose skin in my flanks too from weight loss.

Day 3

Not too bad so far. I mean, I have my moments where I feel defeated if I can't adjust myself in bed and get comfortable and that makes me cry a little. Lol
My drainage seems minimal. About 50-75 ml per 24 hours.
I pulled the pain pump out and that was a relief. One less thing tangled around me and my binder. I don't notice the absence of it too much unless I hiccup or cough. Then it's kinda like being knifed in the upper abs.
Other than that I am just really stiff and tight.
I've managed to keep my kids unaware I had surgery. They think mommy is sick. That's fine with me. They are too young for this kind of information. I think it would give them nightmares!
I have taken Percocet pretty regularly. About every 7 hours. Without it....yikes. But i think that's reasonable for day 3.
No bowel movement yet. This is unsettling. My tummy rumbles a lot from daily miralax and sennocot but no potty yet. :/
I sleep pretty much straight upright propped in my bed. It's hard on my tailbone but I cannot lay any flatter.
I am surprised at how upright I can stand when I am medicated and relatively loosened up.
Not much appetite. Up six pounds from swelling though. This doesn't concern me though.
It was glorious taking off the compression stockings this morning! So nice to be out of those!
Congrats!! Drink tons of water and plenty of lean protein...
I definitely have! I can't get enough water. It feels good to drink it! I have been eating tuna and chicken breast as well :) I want to be better as fast as possible! My husband is no housewife! Lol

Pain pump

I'm surprised I'm not noticing a significant spike in pain after taking out the pump this morning :)
That's a pleasant surprise

Bandages off

Saw doc today for first follow up appointment. Looks good. Drainage hasn't been much, I was never told about stripping the tube so that would possibly explain the low drainage and puffy lower belly. But he is happy with the result so far as am I :)

Feeling good!

I am surprised at how decent I feel. I have pain meds on board but still feel like I am in better shape then I expected. Did a little laundry and some dishes. Walked around grocery store for about 20 minutes. Tired me out but it was manageable! He said I could shower but I'm apprehensive. I am fearful of infection. I had two infections post op after my breast lift. It was from sutures but still I worry it could happen again.
Wow, u look great already, The fact u did 1 dish is amazing, walked around grocery store??? wow!! Yeah shower is scary, but I did shower 3 day's out. Just make sure to dry steri strips after.., I did a teaspoon coconut oil and had no issues with constipation although my stomach rumbling like crazy.... It Lubricates the tubes plus its super good for u. U can also stick in oatmeal. I like it straight up and bam it works.
Thanks! I am surprised how much energy I have. Although in my normal life I am pretty hyperactive :) I never knew you could use coconut oil as a laxative? I have some for my hair. I am happy with my belly button too. I was afraid, sometimes they seem to look phony. My ps said he pays particular attention to sewing it up carefully to make it look nice. I'm guessing mine will change as things settle and when swelling is gone. I am just very happy to have that old tummy gone :)
Were you really itchy from swelling? My vaginal area is swelling up and it's itchy. As well as my flanks.

Umm. Med switch

Stopped Percocet today and switched to Tylenol 3. Lets just say my pain level increased markedly :(
Time to toughen up!

Day 5

Oy. This is tight. Working hard at standing straighter and trying to slowly stretch this belly out! Started oozing a little from incision today which was discouraging. Nurse said no worries and to be sure my drain was doing well which it is.
My flanks from the lipo are maybe the most sore places I have. Feels like I got bucked off a bull. Lol. I have a burning sensation on the incision. Especially on the far ends around my sides. It feels like its on fire sometimes. I am sure these things are normal.
There is a sharp line/crease in the center of my upper abs. Looks kinda strange. Wondering if there are sutures holding it like that? Guess I'm just not used to seeing any defining lines on my belly :)

Feeling defeated

Feeling a little emotional today. I'm frustrated that I cannot straighten up. It just feels impossible. Also I feel like I make progress and then I take a rest and when I next get up I am back to square one as far as standing straight. Like I lose ground. Trying to keep my chin up.

Not hungry

No appetite me very little room for food. Not complaining :)
Oh! Forgot to add;a shower chair really helped me the first 3weeks for showers. Can't stress that enough. And I've done no housework or outside work Or much of anything for that matter. I'm also very meticulous about my incision, so I've spared no expense on silicone sheeting and other products.
OMG! Reading your reviews made me remember my early recovery days! Lol. My surgery was Aug. 1st. So I'm not totally out of the woods, but let me assure you, it gets better. I've lucked out with minimal swelling. I have stuck to my cg religiously and got me like 3 Spanx, and those cam is that are super tight. For some reason they make me feel more secure. The second week of sept I'm gonna try to sleep without anything. I wish you a successful recovery! :)

Feeling panic

I am starting to feel that panicky feeling. I feel like I am trapped in this messed up body. Nothing is particularly wrong, just a combination of things have me feeling depressed I guess. Day 6 and I wish I was standing straighter. For some reason I really worry about this. Can I heal too tight if I don't push myself harder to stand straighter? And of course the back pain from stooping is horrific. I'm just thing ibuprofen and some Tylenol 3 at this point.
When will I feel human again?
I think I am over doing it. But I am terrified of sitting still too much and having my belly heal in this sitting position. I am probably out of my mind at this point. Haha. And I have zero appetite. I know I'm not eating enough which is amazing becUse I like to eat. Usually I use a lot of will power to control calories, now I am not eating enough. I'm sure it's the Cg. I take it off about 15 minutes every few hours.
My ps didn't tell me anything special about the incision besides keeping it clean and dry I started oozing a bit from one spot so I put antibiotic ointment and keep it covered in clean gauze. I also keep gauze loosely over the drain tube hole. It just seems freaky to me to have an open hole so close to contaminated areas. I wash my hands before I even pull my pants down to pee.
I also didn't eat much in the beginning. It's ok. I had chicken soup and crackers for about 2 weeks. Anything else made me nauseous! Don't feel alone. This site is amazing! Any time I have the slightest doubt on my mind about my recovery or symptoms, I log on and search the site, or type in my concerns and voila, the answers are there! Lol. Don't worry too much, soon you'll be like me, reading other newcomers and helping them out as well! Keep your head up. Oh, yes I am standing straigh, although if I have long days, I'll start hunching a little. All in due time.

Day 6

Still working at stretching and standing straight. Eating more today finally :)

Day 6

Looking great! Keep looking up! :)
You r doing great! Patience my dear! Body is going through a major transformation. ..
:) Thank you

Anyone? This worries me. Numb

My flanks are so tingly and hot and numb feeling. Also my tummy feels sooooo tight. I am feeling nervous. Are the pins and needles normal?
We have similar stories. I appreciate you sharing yours!! I'm still looking for a PS and nervous about proceeding. You look amazing!!! 6 days post op?!!! Incredible :) hang in there
Thank you very much for those encouraging words. I am feeling like a troll! Haha. It's scary to see my body kinda deformed in places from swelling and trauma I guess. I am sure it will all fall into place :) I hope you find a doctor you are comfortable with! I really like my pS and his nurses and that makes the experience so much easier. I can call the nurse anytime and ask her questions and she always makes me feel important. That's nice when you are scared and vulnerable. It was scary to do this, even though I had a breast lift 6 months ago. This surgery is no small deal, but so far I am glad I did it :) Let us know what you end up deciding :)
Oh yeah I felt like that too. Wierd feeling. It was tight, tingly and hot pressure on hips and mid tummy. I hated that, it didn't hurt just felt strange. Hope you feel better, think you will turn a corner soon... Sometimes it takes a few weeks to stand all the way straight..

Getting there slowly

Feeling a little different/better everyday. Swelling is bad below the belt. Over and under incision and pubic area bulges a lot. I think the most painful part for sure has been the areas on my sides/back where he did a little bit of lipo. It wasn't much but man is it tender and sore.

Oh. My.

Well I think I over did it. Was more active today. Lots of chores and even ran to town. Well mistake. I am more swollen in my hips and tummy then I have been since surgery. I feel like the tape in my incision is actually cutting off circulation because I am so swollen over and under it. I feel like I am going to burst. I never thought swelling was that big a deal but right now I would pay cash to take this away. What did I learn? Chill out. Stop pushing myself.

Day 8

Turning a corner

I think :)
Less pain today. I'm more mobile. Still pretty bad posture but I am already trying and pull against the tightness all the time.
My tummy feels really numb today. More then ever before. Not sure why. Maybe because the pain is less i am noticing other feelings?
Drain is in still at day 9. Hopefully it will come out tomorrow at my 2nd post op appointment. I don't mind dealing with the drain because I know without it I would have more swelling which would stink!
I feel really puffy and swollen in my belly and hips and thighs. I look fat and that's annoying but I know it's temporary so I try not to dwell :)
I am up several pounds since before surgery but I'm not over eating at all. I know it's fluid. Getting a fresh binder tomorrow because mine is white and has blood stained. My surgeons nurse said I can just get a new one tomorrow at my appointment. She said she didn't want me to worry about washing mine because they didn't want me without it for several hours while it air dries. So now I will have two which is awesome because it can be fresh and clean :) It's the little things

Day 9

Day 10. Yes!!!!

Drain out! It feels wonderful but I can't help but worry a little that I will accumulate too much fluid. The end of the tube was pretty clogged up so it wasn't doing much anyway.
Take off incision. It looks pretty good. I don't like having it exposed but he said just keep clean and out some regular good quality lotion on it. I always wear a thin clean tank top under my binder which acts as a light dressing anyway.
Nurse gave me a smaller narrower binder which is amazing!!! It doesn't cut into the bottoms of my boobs! I have a short torso and the other one was digging into me badly. This is soooo much better!

Typos

Nevermind the strange auto correct words in my posts! I really need to proof read!
tingly numb feeling, I guess is normal bc my tummy feels that way and tight. I kept 1 drains for 2 weeks and 1 for 3 weeks. you lucky to have them out so early. they are annoying. you look really good, not too swollen.
Thanks! I was a little nervous to get the drain out. I hated it but I don't want fluid build up for sure. When he pulled it I could see the collecting end was all clogged with sticky thick blood. I just need to keep this binder on tight and pray I don't swell too much :) It feels wonderful to be without that drain though! Mine was very low in my groin. Just a couple of inches from my hoo hoo :) So it was a real pain!
I ended up almost ripping on of the out and the second I actually ripped the stitches. I was so paranoid to have him pull it before it was ready I taped it in place for 3 days, then the 3rd night it came untaped and came partially out so I just pulled it out myself. it was crazy.

Day 11

Feeling decent. Nauseous today which scares me. Vomiting with a tummy like this would be awful. Laid low and napped a lot. Getting tired of HGTv :)

Pic day 11

You look great even with the swelling your feeling! Thanks for sharing all the info!

Grocery shopping hell

I went grocery shopping for the first time in about ten days. It took like two hours and I about died! Exhausted! And I used a motorized cart after my friend insisted. It's crazy how much more demanding tasks are on a healing body. On the plus side, I now have tuna fish :)

Pic day 15

I liked seeing lots of pics during the healing process on this site I feel like it encouraged me to worry less during the not so cute times :)
I hope other people like em too :)
looking great!! Swelling will go down. I kept thinking am I gonna have a tire under my belly, but selling goes away to reveal flat tummy ;)!!!
Oops swelling ;)!
Yea, it's so hard to be patient! Mostly I am irritated because I can't fit any of my clothes over the binder without it being obvious. Been wearing my husbands button front shirts and a T shirt under the binder. Pants are an issue! It's over 90 degrees here so wearing black yoga pants is not great. Haha. Wish it was cold so I could wear a hoody :)

Day 16

Still burning and stinging. The swelling is getting less every day but I think I have a ways to go. I can see the shape emerging slowly :)
Trying to be patient. My boobs ache like nothing else! I think it's from my binder which constantly rides up and pushes into the bottom of them. I need to buy some spanks for when I get the okay. Should I get the top cami style or a high waist brief? I would prefer to wear just a really snug top piece if I can. I hate having my thighs squeezed in bottoms. I didn't have any lipo on my thighs so I only need compression to the bottom of my tummy.
Your daily updates and pictures a marvelous ....great incision and you look like you've healed really well. My surgery is September 16th 5 day countdown. I can only hope to do as well as you...cruising RealSelf profiles trying to prepare myself. I have a lot of nervous energy,staying positive and loving life. By the way...you mentioned your were trying to keep your TT Somewhat private only select need to know basis, Completely understand that same here, At 60 years old so many friends and family might not "get it" This is my Body, my Life , my time to be .....thanks (((Hugs)))
Oh you're getting close now! Be sure to post updates after surgery :) Yeah, I have several people in my life who would react very negatively to any kind of cosmetic surgery. Usually those who object most are those who haven't struggled with weight or body image issues :/ Also I opted to keep my 7 and 8 year old children in the dark which has NOT been easy! Mommy has has a very sore back for a long time! And that's not even a lie so I don't feel too bad telling them I hurt my back! If either of them caught a glimpse of this incision they would panic so I have to be careful. Anyway, I hope everything goes great for you!!
Good idea keeping your kids in the dark a bit. At the tender age. At the age of 7 and 8 they are so innocent. I to have to be very careful as well my 4 1/2 year old granddaughter comes to my house a lot I wouldn't dream of letting her see anything..medical etc. ((oh my hurtin' back)). Good idea....I can keep going with that line for a couple of weeks... (((Hugs)))

Turned a few corners

Day 19 I think and finally doing pretty good. My stomach still burns and stings like a snake bite. I'm told this is inflammation probably from being too active and not being careful enough.
Almost walking perfect, until I get tired late in the day then I start hunching. Wearing a very tight shaper cami mostly, binder only if I start to get sore. I still can't sleep flat or on my side. Sleeping sucks. Still swollen in lower tummy and vaginal area. Worse at the end of the day. Wearing leggings without looking pregnant finally! Lol
But.....it's getting better every day. Praise God!

Front pic

Hang on and you will get there!

3 weeks

Getting there! New pic

Bikini!

I doubt I will ever wear it in public but today I put on the first bikini I have ever worn in my entire life! I figure I can at least wear it at home with shorts :) No need to scare people with this extended scar :)

Pic

My incision goes from deep hip to deep hip, my Dr did a long low incision for me he says all looks good but as you know it isn't very easy to tell yourself that! I go Friday to get my first drain out and my compression garment. Does it hurt when they pull them things out? My nurse said they keep about 8 inches of tubing in with each drain. Yesterday all I did was cry cry cry... For some reason it was an extremely hard day! When I found this website and everyone's post they helped me look forward...especially yours ;-)
Girl hold on! I was panicky About a lot of things in the first and second week. I really turned the corner after about 12 days I would say. I feel pretty good now it's three weeks well almost 4 weeks I guess. I cried easily and a lot in yeh second week. Especially when I stopped pain meds and felt how I actually felt! Wow. But it gets better! Just power through it, I promise you'll get there! The drain coming out was quick. It was more weird then painful. Felt like a snake slithering out of my belly. Lol. But Not painful :) and it's wonderful to have that drain gone! So much more mobile and I felt a LOT better without it. Mine was very low in my groin at the crease of my upper thigh. I was always accidentally yanking it. Anyway, I'm rambling but don't worry sweetheart!
Smiles :-) wonderful news! I have two drains one is right below my incision and the other right next too and above my hoo hoo, Urg... Can't wait :-) I will say I have been taking it pretty slow, I have a 6 and 4 yr old who try to help in such simple sweet ways providing me with hugs kisses and I love yous :-) that always helps! I try to do small things and try a lil more daily... Can't wait for full range again. Thanks again...

Bikini clearance!!

Oh my. So jc penny had lots of bikinis for 2 bucks! I went nuts!

Pics

Side view

I love a happy ending! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!! Great results...enjoy your bikini bod!

Day 24

Swelling below incision and lady parts. Better in the morning. Feeling good! 2 weeks ago I couldn't imagine feeling this good!

Will my Hoo hoo ever be normal!?

Man 24 days and my lady bits are still so puffy! Ladies when will this end! Also below my incision is still like a 6 months pregnancy which I know is normal.
Hope all is well today :-) but I have quick question for you...when were you able to start sleeping in bed again, comfortably?? At 10 days po my back is starting to kill me day and night sleeping in this recliner. I'm so excited I get a drain out tomorrow, and put in my cg, then go back Monday for last drain removal. Already getting around better today but can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Ready to get going again ;-)
I was reallllllly tight and was upright in bed for two weeks. Now I am little by little getting to flat. It's still uncomfortably tight to lay flat but I'm almost there. I remember my tailbone was totally killing me from sleeping upright in bed. Can you use you bed and lots of pillows to prop up?
I may have to just suck it up and give it a try :-) I'm pretty tight yet, I have some extra stitches he put in to help reduce swelling but they have to dissolve. I just wanna lay in bed, pillows will become my friend I'm sure

Day 24 side view

Front day 24

Pic

You look fantastic!! I used the lanyard thing to hold the drains while I showered too ( back in April, I got the tip here) you could definitely wear a bikini in public, you look so great already!!
Awww thanks! I feel like I am healing well! Yes that shower trick worked well until I yanked it by accident, which i did frequently! I don't miss that tube!
I hated hated the drains. I made the ps take them out early. It didn't hurt not one single bit at all. It was a joy to have them removed. You won't feel any pain at all when they take them out. Only relief!

Almost a month

Pics update. Feeling pretty darn good. Laying flat standing tall and coughing without screaming. Lol. Belly is tender and swollen still but overall I am great! Also the lipo areas on my flanks get flatter and less swollen all the time

This appetite thing is awesome

Honestly I am so excited about how much the surgery has reduced my appetite. I'm assuming it's just the tightened muscles I'm just not that hungry anymore. I would've paid $8000 just for that alone :-)

A dress!

I bought this. I've worn like two dresses my whole life.:-) :-)
You look great!
You look amazing! Its so wonderful to follow your posts and be able to see how things get easier every day not to mention each pic u post looks awesome! I'm 2 wks po today and cant wait till i'm were you are now!

Incision 4 weeks

Pic of incision under BB about 4 weeks post op
Your incision looks great nice and thin ;)
Your incision looks really good!!!!
Oh my a bath... that sounds awesome!!! Haha

One month!

Feeling so good. Pot belly but I can hide it :)
Laying flat and standing tall! Obviously lots of activity and walking makes swelling worse. I'm just wearing a maiden form tank style shaper. I wear it under my shirt every day. It's long down to my hip bones and feels really good. I put on the post op binder at night if I'm feeling particularly pregnant looking :)
Not back in the gym but I have my one month tomorrow and hoping doc will let me so light exercise. Starting a few lunges and squats. I so bicep curls when I am carting heavy grocery bags with handles. Lol. I must look nuts walking out to my car curling my milk! Haha. Oh well. It's fine with me! I've lost so much strength and tone I'll be glad to start regaining it.
I am down about 4 pounds since surgery day. I was 138 surgery day. Blew up to 146 from swelling and now I'm sitting at 134. My appetite is much less after the MR which makes me soooo happy because I like to eat! I haven't been counting weight watchers points and I am not gaining! Usually I start gaining immediately if I get lazy about points. It's nice not to count obsessively everything I eat and still maintain my weight. I'm 5'3 so I could stand to lose a couple but after starting at about 220 I am totally thrilled at my size. I used to dream of being in the 170s then 160s then 150s, you get the idea. I never would have believed I could be in the lower end of 130s. It's like a dream. I just counted weight watchers points for all my weight loss. Never attended meeting or anything. It's was the right thing for me because I could eat yummy things in moderation. I don't so well with off limits food. So ladies I highly recommend ww point counting if you want to shrink a bit
I don't even bother trying to fit into jeans. It's just not comfy. Just living in leggings and yoga pants. I love those during fall anyway :)
It's fun to start shopping for some new clothes! Even a dress! I have worn like 5 dresses in my life ( apart from whatever my mom put on me as a child ) and I am 34 years old! It is amazing to put on a cute and somewhat fitted dress and feel beautiful. It's empowering not to hide!
Thanks for the support and sharing your stories ladies!

Forgive typos. Thanks auto correct :)

One month vs pre op

Super belly!
Thank you! I really am very happy with it. I felt and heard a weird popping in my upper abs today when i stretched up to hug someone. It scared me to death but it seems okay. Weird.
You look great!

Pics and pops

Feeling good. Had some weird popping sounds and feelings in upper abs twice. It looks fine so guess I won't worry.it was when my belly was pulled and arched tight during a hug and pop. Weird
you look great. I am 8 weeks and my girlie area is still a little swollen. my dr says everythings looks wonderful and it can take 3-6mths for all swelling to go down completely. I wear my binder/spanxs all the time still even to sleep. anything to help keep the swelling down. if I do too much I swell like crazy
Popping sound did you call the Dr. Are you in any pain? Take it easy you look fabulous.
Gorgeous! Now go n get you a little black dress!!!

Fun with collage app: progress

This was a fun little app I found and made a couple little progress collages :)
4 weeks and counting.
My belly is stinging today. Boo
Yea I feel ya on the lady parts. Also my low belly under incision is consistently swollen. Like a little 4 month pregnancy. But it's not flab so I'm not letting it get me down!! Hang in there! These bellies are worth it!

34 days

Lost a couple pounds! Even through my monthly "eat every single thing that fits in my mouth week ". Aka pms :)
138 lbs pre op 132 lbs today :)
Taking a bath but still it feels scary and dirty even though I scrubbed it like a crazed person. Feels very good though. I'm not sleeping well. Cannot get comfy on my side anymore. Almost resorted to NyQuil. Lol.
Did your incision ever open a lil in some areas? Ive got two places where my incision has separated and created a small opening, one has healed completely already and the newest seems to be trying... the PS says to keep it clean and itll heal but I was just curious if youd experienced this?
No, my incision never opened up. I know that's really common though, some people call it popping sutures. I'm five weeks out and still really tender. I didn't think my flanks and my abs would still be the sore they almost sting. The areas where I had a little bit of lipo suction actually seem to hurt the worst. Anyway yeah, I wouldn't worry about your openings, just keep it clean and you'll be fine :-) hope you're doing well apart from that.
I am thank you things are still going pretty well Im on day 25 and its amazing how different I feel from a week ago. Ive been in a full body CG for a week and half now, it has seemed to help tremendously in the areas where he preformed lipo with swelling ans soreness. Best of luck to you I know you look amazing!

42 days

Feeling decent overall. Still very tender in flanks where lipo was performed. That's the only pain really. Belly still kinda swollen and tingly but no issue really. What has me down is that my boobs are still sore after my breast lift that was 8 months ago. I keep pretending its normal but I know it's not. Time to talk to ps about it. I am trying to be patient but this far post op they should not be sore and tender at all times :/
Also I am not at all crazy about being able to see and feel the wrinkles in the edges of the saline implants through my skin from certain angles. They look good overall but when I feel those ridges or see them in the mirror when I'm bending over while dressing it bothers me. I think silicone wouldn't have had these issues but I just couldn't get comfortable with the idea of silicone in me. And with my lift i would have had no boobs left. I feel too young at 34 to give up on having boobs. But there are moments when I would take them out if I could. :/
You are so thorough. I am loving reading about your journey and all your pics look wayyy better than you think. I love your results and can't wait for my own. I got a little nervous reading about all that you are going through. OMG, I'm probably going to be mad at myself when I'm the one struggling. Hopefully everyone's experiences will help me be better prepared. Thanks so much!
Hi! I have worried a bit about sharing a lot of negative info but personally I was happy to find really detailed stuff from others. I like to know stuff :) I feel my ps did a really good job though :) I hope all is well for you!!
And you'll do fine! It's so worth it in the end so be excited! :)

Scars and incisions

The big lip on my incision still grosses me out but I can see its beginning to flatten and I scar really well so I need to chill out. Lol.
I'll post pics of my 8 month old breast lift scars
You look great and you're incision healed beautifully
Wow you look fantastic!
Thank you!!!

Finally

I'm about seven weeks out and I'm just now starting to get some relief from pain in my lipo areas. I can't believe how sensitive that was, and how long it lasted. It felt like bruises up until just recently. He only did a small amount on my flanks and hip area. I don't know how typical it is for it to last that long I just wanted to throw a warning out there ladies.
congrats! you look great!
Thanks!!
Thank you! I notice the incision changing and smoothing out pretty quickly :)

He went to the naval academy!

So my ps is awesome but kinda quiet. When we discussed results he told me he pays special attention to belly buttons.
Then he told me straight faced that he studied at the Naval Academy! Lol! It took me a sec to catch his joke. What a ham. And I'm pretty happy with the bb :)

Pics loading funny

You look awesome that's some toned tummy :D xxx
I have an exercised in seven weeks! Thanks Dr. Holly for the instant abs:-) I was in decent shape before surgery but he did magic.
And by decent shape I mean my abs were strong under the skin and gush :)

8 weeks

Feeling decent. The lipo pain is finally relenting. That was sooo sore for so long. Incision is flattening out Nicely. Still swelling above and below incision and lady parts. Worse with activity.
Finally went to the gym. It felt scary. I'm terrified to use my abs. I stuck with cardio and light free weights. I'll throw myself into it a little harder next week.
No longer wearing any kind of Cg. Feels okay.
Glad I did this. No matter the pain and difficulty :)
That's killing me. Naval academy. My PS the same way. Dry humor and then u catch how hilarious it is. U look fabulous by the way!!!
I know right! He totally snuck that one in on me. Lol. And thanks!
You look great! Congrats on no more CG!

Got photos from my doctor

So I had a breast lift 9 months ago and a tummy tuck 2 months ago. Pre breast lift I was about 145
Pounds. Pre tummy tuck I was about 138. All this after about a 90 pound weight loss total over the last few years.
So here are before and afters. I just gotta say I was shocked when I got my before boob pics in the mail. I had forgotten exactly how they looked. And let me tell you, I don't feel one tiny bit guilty about all the money I spent on these surgeries after looking at these pics. Now that I don't feel like I have to hide it is amazing how free I feel. I realize now how much time and effort I spent hiding and masking my body. I avoided people and situations because I felt bad about myself. Cosmetic surgery isn't merely a physical transformation. It has transformed my life. The self confidence I have gained cannot be labeled with a price tag. Thank you so so so much To my doc and his nurses. It's been a long road but I'm so happy with my results.

Pics

When I click on my pics they turn up enlarged and cut off. Can anyone tell me if that happens when you click on them?
I know how u feel. I also feel so much better and am no longer wrestling the seat belt or my clothes! That was mentally draining!
I can see pictures fine and you look amazing !!!! I go Nov 21st for a TT and Breasts lift and enlargement many many emotions thanks for sharing your journey I appreciate it greatly!!!
Thanks! I really relied on this forum! Whenever I was freaked out or wondered if something was normal I could find it on here! I hope your surgery goes great! Be sure to keep us posted :)

9 weeks pics

9 weeks post
Op full tummy tuck with muscle repair and flank lipo
Are you using silicon gel strips.  They are great for making the scars flatten faster.
I haven't heard of that. I may look into it. My scars always heal very nicely (breast lift) but it would be nice to hurry this along a little bit. What are they called? Where can I get them?
Silicone gel strips can be bought at CVS or walgreen's.

74 days :)

All is well. Have been in the gym a few times now. I can do pretty much whatever but I am terrified to use my abs. Haha. Still numb all
Over my belly and sore. Not too bad. Incision has a couple sutures poking me but nothing major.
Overall doing well. I still
Need to be careful to not over do it which I have a tendency to do. I swell pretty bad still if I don't control myself.
Oh I am still hesitant to use my abs too! I have been trying a little more this week and I'm a bit sore so I'll not push it too much. I love my belly's potential and dont want to ruin it! I'm using bio oil and silicon scar strips. I think they help keep the scar moisturized and it heals nicer. Also kelo-cote is suppose to help.
I looked at the scar strips in target and I didn't pull the trigger yet. Guess I'm just not sure how it works. Have you seen a difference since you started using them? I have a bit of a ridge on my incision. Is smoothing slowly. I especially have shaving up to it though. Annoying how the hairline changes a little. Lol
I think they help some. The bio oil seems to d a great job. The strips are expensive.

Abs

Feeling pretty good. I have one small trouble spot in my abs that feels like a snake bite if it recruits when I work out or just doing house work. I don't do any actual ab exercise yet. I'm afraid too! Lol
Swelling persists. Mons area and above incision mostly. More activity equals more swelling for sure.
I find when my belly swells it hurts and almost makes me hunch over like after surgery.
Overall healing well. A few stiff hard spots in my incision that are tender if rubbed or pressed on.
All in all though I'm really happy with my results :)
Yes you look really good. I am 10 months PO and it still hurts to do a sit up. But I don't really think they are necessary anymore lol our muscles are tied together so tight haha. Be prepared for swelling to still eb and flow until about 4/5 months. You already look really great, and are healing well
Yea, I knew I was in for it with the swelling. It stinks. If I eat too much it almost feels like my incision is a tight belt. It's extended around my sides pretty far. And true, I am not at all worried about ab exercise :)
Your looking super flat! I love your curves!

Update

Well my belly still gets pretty tight and stingy when I move too much during work outs and stuff. Not bad though. Mons still swells a lot as does low tummy. Liking my body though :)
Looking great! Love the definition!

My ps is rad

I don't exercise my
Abs at all yet so I'm surprised they look like this! Swelling doesn't show in this pic but it persists above incision still. I'm okay with it.
You look really good! great definition!
LOVE your review! I think we have similar results. I went through so many of the same thing you did as well. Looking good chic!!!

Whoa!

I about died when I measured my actual waist line today and 25"!!!! It's been like over 40"
For so long. It's like a different body!
Sometimes it feels like I'm dreaming. I really never thought I would lose all that weight. And thanks to my doctor for uncovering that natural waistline! And I'm learning to try to judge my body but looks and clothing fit and not pounds. It's hard because I am about 140 (which I would have killed for a couple years ago) and I still feel too heavy. I work out so I know I have heavy muscle in my legs and I am thick in the hips. I am pretty short and curvy. (Which isn't bad). I am irritated with myself for being critical of my weight and little imperfections. My old self would have kicked my new selfs ass! Just enjoy it! (I'm talking to myself here). Lol.
25! Wow that super great! I'm afraid to measure mine, esp after all the pie I ate! You look super!

13+ weeks

I can work my stomach a little At the gym finally! It finally stopped hurting to let them contract.
Still swollen down below. Not sweating it. Swelling is considerable with lots of physical activity.
I'm looking forward to my belly being 25! I dont know if that's possible tho! Love the abs!
Well the 25 is my waistline. My hips are another story :) Plenty wide which I'm okay with :)
Wow you look awesome!!! Love the definition!!

Whoa. Loose jeans!

you look awesome :)

4 months

Getting flatter. I've been in the gym 3 or 4 days a week. I still don't work my abs out at all. Swollen above incision and mons still. Not terrible though.
Wow! You look great girl!

Scar

Just sharing a pic of my scar at four months
You look great!!! I still cant fit into my sixes yet and your 3 wks or so ahead of me I hope I get there!
Wow! You look awesome, such a transformation. I can't wait to be 4 months out :)
Ohhh exciting! Your scar is starting to lighten nicely! I'm just a month behind you. Are you treating it? I'm not, got bored with that :)

I am over this swelling

Still every day my abdomen below my belly button swells and gets numb. I am about 4.5 months out. Anyone? Please tell me I'm normal.
I'm at 5 months and I do have some swelling under belly button/under incision. It comes and goes. It makes my stomach feel really tight like being super full, so I really can't over ear too much.
Oops over eat :)!
You look great, and Im at 4 months and def still swelling, had a good week where it was so minimal - but then BANG ....it was back...

5.5 months swelling still

Thought I would update. Overall very happy still. I am surprised this far out how much my lower tummy and mons swells. Also gets quite numb when it's swollen. If I go heavy when I lift at the gym I usually swell a lot worse. Even get some ab pain sometimes still. Like a sharp little stab in one particular spot. Nothing to hold me back though. I work out 3-5 days a week. Specific routines for pushing muscles, pulling muscles, and legs have their own day. Lol. And butt. Haha. I'm up about 4 pounds since surgery day but I am in the same clothes. Pants fit the same. Maybe even better so I'm chalking it up to the strenuous muscle work I do. Fitting fine Into pre op size 4-6 pants. I didn't really go down any pants sizes because I only really had the skin to lose. No real poundage. Lol. I have a goal to take off ten pounds though. Love handles look much worse next to the flat stomach. :/
Sounds like I'm doing about the same as you and am almost 5 months. My flanks and just above my butt are so bad compared to my awesome belly! I even thought about using compression a few days a week because of the bb swelling, its so uncomfortable. You look great! Thanks for updating!
I have to be honest here: I think you look freakin' awesome and I do not see any swelling at all in your pics! I also workout quite heavy and lift 5 days a week. My clothes would always fit tighter after working out because the muscles take in fluid. I always looked more puffy from lifting pre- tummy tuck.
Haha. Thanks! Well the swelling is mostly directly over incision line. It doesn't show unless I photo it specifically. I have an overall numb very slightly swollen feeling on the rest of my tummy by bedtime. Not bad though. But there is a lip of swelling above the incision. It's ugly. Lol. I'm not complaining though! And I can literally watch my abdomen grow through my gym workouts! Haha. Below the navel. I look five months pregnant after a hard workout. Worse if I do heavy squats. It's kind of funny actually.

6 months

Scar is looking nice. Just wanted to add a pic of it to the review. So happy with my results.
Just read your story. You look amazing. So natural. Must be the Navel Academy. Congrats on weight loss too!
Thanks! I really liked reading other ladies stories before and after surgery. I wanted to pay it forward so to speak! And yes I think my doc did great. I am very happy with my outcome.

Incision 7 months

Here's a pic of my scar at 7 months. Also got a tiny little dog ear repair. Looking great!
Wow it looks so faded. Also thx for showing how dog ear gets fixed. That area looks very flat now.
Yea, well I'll admit I'm blessed in the scar department. I had a breast lift one year ago and the scars are completely white. You have to look closely to see them. I am very fair skinned and I don't know if that's a contributor or what. The dog ear part is very flat now. There wasn't much of a lump there to start with though. He did a very good job!