Labiaplasty Gone Wrong? Day 12 and I Can Not Sit, and Don't Recognize my Anatomy : ( - Michigan, MI

I was self conscious and sex was painful so I...

I was self conscious and sex was painful so I decided to get the procedure done. A couple days after the procedure I was in a ton of pain so I took a picture and sent it to the doctor. He said I developed a hematoma (Day 3 ) and to quit taking Motrin so I did. I asked him which method he used, he stated that he didn't use a wedge or trim method, he used a laser. This made no sense to me. I called the office back later that day to ask if I should be on an antibiotic and did not get a call back. A couple days passed, I sent another picture and he called in an antibiotic immediately. I was told I could return to work in a few days. I was started on Bactrim DS 4 days ago. The doctor said it looks much better (Day 11) , and all I can think is he's saying it to calm me down. I cant sit straight up or drive because of the pain. I am completely depressed, I thought I was getting a little skin clipped off, and I would be right back to work. I had NO IDEA of what I was getting myself into.

Day 16

I'm still really sore. I just want the pain to go away.

6 weeks post op

I have a very asymetrical result, the left side I can still barely touch, I got 3 more stitches out yesterday ( they are now under the skin ). The right side next to clitoral hood is gone, there is nothing left, and the nasty dark skin that hangs all around the bottom is just gross. Im SUPER UPSET with the results.

Revision

I will be going for a revision within the next few weeks. I will update with pictures at that time.
Dr. Joe

Its too early to decide, he is answering my calls and trying to re assure me everything will be ok.

I hope you're not returning to the same doctor. If he didn't do it right the first time then the second won't be any better. Pay again and go to a doctor that knows what he's doing.
Good luck with your revision, keep us posted.
Has anyone any information or advice on a Dr A Eskander please?
Can anyone suggest a good surgeon in United Kingdom please?
Feel free to use our Find A Doctor tool as well, it will show you all the Doctors in your area. Good Luck!
Tried it but it only shows some of the local doctors for labiaplasty. My awesome labiaplasty doctor was not listed eventhough I have reviewed him here. Advertising money probably. :)
Interested in vaginaplasty anybody any advice please?
Please can anybody recommend a good surgeon for vaginaplasty and labiaplasty, thank you
that depends...which city/country do you live in?
Hey I've just had labia plasty and was so worried about my healing process. Then I read this and just feel so sorry for you that your not happy with how the procedure went. Yes it's easy to get this procedure done but there are underlying reasons why we have all done it. I certainly have a lot riding on my recovery going well as at the end of the day I just want to feel completely feminine as I'm sure you do too. You've got this far so just hang on in there and make sure you get corrective surgery and I hope that will give you the results you want.
This doesn't look botched. It looks like a trim operation. They are not pretty. Hope U can get fixed. Can a wedge be done to fix it? Get to an expert if you have anymore surgery. Hugs!
Yes, any patient can go for correction with a wedge technique after a Trim technique, but the tissues have to be fully healed and soft, so a minimum of 6 months at least.
I went to Dr Di saia
Dr D does a modified wedge surgery so I don't need another operation but thanks. :)
well, i had the trim done 6 weeks ago and mine looks NOTHING like this, infact, i cant even see my scars... so to blame it on the trim method isnt quiet rite, as ive seen wedge method results even worse then this
I don't know what type of advice Florence Mussat is giving you, but I have a feeling she's just trying to downplay the botched surgery. You should have been COMPLETELY healed by 6 weeks. If it takes a full year something really went wrong. You need to get an appt with a gyno ASAP. Of course you will heal, but you need to go to a qualified doctor now. He'll probably tell you to wait it out, but you should get some professional advice from a doctor that specializes in that area.
well it is always sound advice to go to a Board-Certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist with expertise in labiaplasty. Unfortunately, it takes time for the body to heal any wounds, scars, and up to 2 years to remodel them. once infection or bleeding is cleared, we cannot speed up healing.It does take a minimum of 6 months for all scars to start really softening. I only do the wedge technique with or without lateral extension, depending on how much extra skin there is on the sides of the clitoris. As I said before, the trim technique is not optimal, since it does not narrow the labias, nor remove the extra skin on the sides.
Oh, OK. I healed so quickly that I just figured that's the way it was with labiaplasty. I guess some people do heal differently and take a lot longer than others.
Hi Macy, you are a little red, but I am not sure there is a infection. do you have any vaginal discharge ? if not, hang in tight, massage daily with coco butter or A & D ointment as many times as you can stand... do not shave or wax yet, as it may irritate you more. you may want to try hydrocortisone cream 1% OTC and also massage with it. the tissue will remodel with time, you just had delayed healing because of the bleeding and infection. Now it looks like you definitely had the trim method..it is not optimal. give it a full 6 months, and if you are still not happy, you can undergo revision with the wedge technique. I just did a case like you 2 months ago. she had waited almost 1 year. Good luck, Florence Mussat
Dear Macy, it seems to me you had the " trim " method with swelling, maybe a hematoma post-op, and possibly an infection ? are you on antibiotics ? give it some time, 6 weeks minimum, for all the initial swelling to settle, then a full 6 months for full healing. good luck Florence Mussat
I just posed 6 week pictures. I did have an infection, now Im wondering if its back.
I had a labiaplasty done and there was no swelling or pain. I did ice for 3 days, but it always looked completely normal after the surgery. After the sutures were removed on day 5, I was fine and able to do everything. I don't think it's supposed to look like this. Did you have it done by a plastic surgeon instead of a gyno? I did mine in Toronto by Dr. Gerber. I feel so bad for you.
Labia Reduction Feb 5th, 2014
You must have used Dr Aguirre. You should contact Revella Plastic Surgery. This is the best gyn surgeon on earth. She totally prepares your body for surgery, and goes above and beyond to be proactive of any unpleasant or harmful possibilities. She treats for MRSA prior to surgery to cover that possibility, builds your body with the proper things you need to have a natural and healthy healing. She really covers all basis, I can literally write a book about how great my experience was. She is very cautious, and will not touch areas that will cause a loss of feeling...such as the Clit. She certainly isn't a money hungry surgeon therefore she isn't going to do anything risky to the patient for a dollar.
*bases