Fraxel - Bad Results - Bad Skin Texture

I "thought" I had really did my homework...

I "thought" I had really did my homework on this before having it done. I saw all the amazing before and after pictures on this site and thought this would help with some fine lines on my face. I had 2 treatments done. It hurts really bad but I thought, no pain no gain. Well my skin has a very bad texture to it now. It's not like I look horribly disfigured from just looking at me, but photos and close up I can see the terrible affect it had on my skin. I'm just hoping I don't stay this way forever or get worse, but i'm assuming it will.

Now that I am reserching ways to help heal my skin I am reading all the horror stories and about what this really does to you. I thought it was "like a sunburn" but now I'm reading just how deep this goes. And it's obvious from my pics that this does more damage than that.

I know this has made a big difference for some people, as they have great pics. But I believe it depends on the person, and I wish I hadn't done it now. There is a chance you will regret this, and it's not worth taking like I did.

I added pics of my skin now. It's still badly...

I added pics of my skin now. It's still badly damaged. Notice the surounding skin, above and below my eye, where the laser was not used, it's smooth.

I thought I should add, that this is not really...

I thought I should add, that this is not really noticable by just looking at me. It's mostly visable close up and in pics. However, when I put on my makeup, it shows it alot more, so I pretty much stopped wearing face makeup. It settles into the "texture" making it move visable.

So far I've tried a couple of creams that the...

So far I've tried a couple of creams that the dermatologist perscribed. The first one was Bionect 0.2% hyaluronic acid sodium salt gel. I did not see any improvement.

I am currently using Atralin (tretinoin) gel 0.005%. It's been a few months but no noticable change yet.

I had smooth skin before the procedure, it just wrinkled when I smiled and I had some fine lines. After, I had the orange peel texture to my skin and little tiny lines. I'm afraid those are scar tissue. My skin got better, but it is still there.

I don't think anyone sees it except me, because I'm the only one that looks closely at my skin.

I feel so sorry for all of you, I know what your going through, I almost felt like committing suicide after I saw what this had done to my skin. I had to stop thinking about it and left this website for a long time and just tried to focus on other things. I still get upset from time to time but I just have to accept it and move on.

I do think there are some things you can do to encourage healing instead of scarring. Take good care of your skin, no peels or harsh scrubs. Only gentle cleaning. I used some burn cream from the dermatologist at first. Most moisturizers have terrible ingredients. Find something all natural. I am currently using M.Steves nourishing boost oil.

Eat super healthy. Little to none meat, dairy, & sugar, and no artificial ingredients including preservatives and artificial colors or flavors. Focus on vitamin packed vegetables, fruits, legumes, and carbs. Yes carbs. But only the good ones. Carbs fuel your body like gas does a car, if you want your body running efficiently, give it good carbs like potatoes, rice, and even bread. (not white bleached bread, only all natural bread. I use Ezekiel bread or Alpine Valley organic at Costco) When your body is properly fueled, you will heal better and faster.
Allure Medical Spa

They dismissed my concerns. Their before and after photos do not show the damage done. But mine did and they said I looked fine. Of course I understand they don't want to be blamed. It was really the laser company that is to blame, but unless they take these things seriously they will just keep doing it.