Fraxel - Bad Results - Bad Skin Texture

I "thought" I had really did my homework...

I "thought" I had really did my homework on this before having it done. I saw all the amazing before and after pictures on this site and thought this would help with some fine lines on my face. I had 2 treatments done. It hurts really bad but I thought, no pain no gain. Well my skin has a very bad texture to it now. It's not like I look horribly disfigured from just looking at me, but photos and close up I can see the terrible affect it had on my skin. I'm just hoping I don't stay this way forever or get worse, but i'm assuming it will.

Now that I am reserching ways to help heal my skin I am reading all the horror stories and about what this really does to you. I thought it was "like a sunburn" but now I'm reading just how deep this goes. And it's obvious from my pics that this does more damage than that.

I know this has made a big difference for some people, as they have great pics. But I believe it depends on the person, and I wish I hadn't done it now. There is a chance you will regret this, and it's not worth taking like I did.

I added pics of my skin now. It's still badly...

I added pics of my skin now. It's still badly damaged. Notice the surounding skin, above and below my eye, where the laser was not used, it's smooth.

I thought I should add, that this is not really...

I thought I should add, that this is not really noticable by just looking at me. It's mostly visable close up and in pics. However, when I put on my makeup, it shows it alot more, so I pretty much stopped wearing face makeup. It settles into the "texture" making it move visable.

So far I've tried a couple of creams that the...

So far I've tried a couple of creams that the dermatologist perscribed. The first one was Bionect 0.2% hyaluronic acid sodium salt gel. I did not see any improvement.

I am currently using Atralin (tretinoin) gel 0.005%. It's been a few months but no noticable change yet.
Allure Medical Spa

They dismissed my concerns. Their before and after photos do not show the damage done. But mine did and they said I looked fine. Of course I understand they don't want to be blamed. It was really the laser company that is to blame, but unless they take these things seriously they will just keep doing it.

I have the same problem from 2 x fractional C02 laser. So depressed about it. I have been told by another beautician that I has had 8 treatment herself that she also hated the texture of her skin after the 1st an 2nd treatment, but after further treatments if supposedly improved. I don't know what to think about this, any thoughts?
please read my recent review for orange peel texture help.
Hi How are things going for you jaylyn? Any update on your orange peel texture becuase i have the same thing. please respond. thanks
Hello Same here. Bad texture and tiny holes on treated area. Really upset. Do AHA BHA creams help?
I am in the same boat, hated what the Fraxel Repair did to my skin. It's even two years after and i have more blackheads, before i never had them on the lower part of my face, now i have tons, way more whiteheads and white spots that won't come out.
with the Fraxal Repair you leave the procedure with literally a bloody face. SOmeone has to take you home. My husband even passed out. I wanted to add that i did go back and complain and they took pics and said i looked fine. They just totally dismissed my complaints. This was Dr Fitzpatrick in La Jolla Calif.
My entire face looks like your pictures! My last treatment was eight months ago and I feel the orange peel is getting worse by the time goes by. What really pisses me off is that I asked several times about possible " wrong " outcomes and risks and she said that " well, there can be a slight possibility with hyperpigmentation for a while and it just might not work on my scars that well" but never in the million years could I ever foresee what has happened to my face, its covered in holes and dots. I can actually see the line where Fraxel has gone near my eyes, the dots starts right where the laser went. My skin heals so slow anyway, scars stays behind a long time and I don't think these dots will ever go away. I am so depressed and obsessed about my skin, it has gone to a point where I am considering quitting my job so I can just stay home in the dark and not let people see my face. It is like acne years all over again but this is permanent hell. Has anyone's skin healed after eight months? No more lasers for me that is not an option, and vitamin A scares me as people comment it also can cause textural damage.. I bought Ultraceuticals A vitamin serum but haven't dared to use it yet, as I've heard Ultraceuticals are not very good products on your skin, don't know if that is true.
Mandy, see my responses above yours
My skin on face is also ruined by Prevea Plastic Surgeons in Green Bay. I had beautiful, skin, just a slight case of Malasma on my cheeks. It has been 10 months and my skin just gets worst, creepy lines, large pores, sagging skin, orange peel texture, discoloration, fat loss. I hate looking in the mirror, because they have deformed my face. The staff at the clinic was cruel, mean, and did not want to help at all, had to seek other help, but no other clinic were able to help. For 9 months after the Fraxel laser I never left the house except to go to work, and that was miserable, hiding from co-workers even though they all knew. I have a lot of friends, family, and co-workers, most of them are very wealthy, and knowing what they did to me and the way they treated me would never go there, and are spreading the word, so that no one will ever go through what I did. If they are going to use this laser they need to know how to use it, which they did not, and not lie to there patients like they did with me, and when something goes wrong they should know how to help them, which they did not. They told me 7 days my face would look great and just get better and better, and that nothing absolutely nothing could go wrong. All lies according to all the doctors I say afterwards. They lied to me to get my money to pay for the laser, not caring about the effects this could do to me, my face, my family, and my life. There were may days, I just wanted to die and thought about ending my life. So please don't do this procedure, and have it ruin your life also. Tell everyone dentist, doctors, everyone you can to prevent anyone from doing this procedure or going to Prevea Plastic Surgeons.

I'm so sorry for your experience.  Did you do the re:store or re:pair?  I am assuming they did not acknowledge the damage.

Another Fraxel victim reporting in. Two years ago, I had Fraxel Repair for a very mild case of Rosacea. It was a disaster. It has destroyed my skin. I have all the same problems that have been described here. Pin prick holes connecting together and turning into tiny lines all over my face. Loss of fat, collagen and elastin. It's a nightmare and I have been suicidal over it. It has been two years but I still wake up every morning with a heavy heart. I had beautiful, nearly flawless skin before it was destroyed by Fraxel. I am aging rapidly and feel like within five years I will look 80. If anyone has found any solutions to this destruction please let us know. I've heard that Red LED light treatment could restore collagen and reduce fine lines. Has anyone heard about it or tried it? I'd also be interested to know if anyone has tried copper peptides? Frankly, I think we're chasing windmills. I believe the damage is irreversible and we're all screwed! Maybe down the road there will be a viable dna repair treatment available.
Cell-enriched fat grafting has helped with relieving all burning pain and replacing all fat loss. This needs to be done as a new "foundation"...meaning put it everywhere laser has gone...at least this is what has helped me. Just putting it in cheeks etc didn't work...there has to be a complete new foundation put down of fat grafting. I am gojng to Dr. Steven Cohen LaJolla wih Faces Plus...it will heal u it is healing me!!! There is hope ! I went to Dr. Fitzpatrick in LaJolla for Fraxel and his totally dismisses his laser could do this...obviously not the case. Please pass this info on to all you know ! Thank you
Do you have any pictures?
All my pictures are at Dr. Cohens office. With me the fat loss was everywhere that the laser went. I am going in for another cell enriched fat grafting session because we are figuring out a whole "foundation" layer of this enriched fat grafting technique is what heals my damage. I have also done hyperbaric chamber dives (soft chamber), at least 40 dives, and this would help with the "burning" that I was feeling, but the only way for me to heal this deep dermal damage is with cell-enriched fat grafting. Dr. Cohen utilizes the Puregraft system while has been nothing shirt of a miracle. My gum tissue has also been damaged and I am hoping the hard shell hyperbaric chamber dives will help save these tissues. I would be happy to meet with you if you live in California? Thanks
Neverevergiveup That is so interesting and exciting that you have found something that is helping. Even though I live in Tampa I come to visit relatives in Southern Calif at least twice a year. I have pictures posted you can see my extensive damage from IPL which is not just fat loss but a ton of surface lines, holes along with the skin ripples I assume also from fat loss. I think all lasers IPL are based on theory of what should happen but of course we know that is not the case for all of us. I was wondering if you have any of the other damage I have and does he have any treatments for that. How along ago was your first treatment and how many do they think you will need? Of course what is the average cost? I too would love to know if you could get pictures and post them. It would be a great help to all us here. They will be knocking down his door for repairs:) Thanks
I have had texture changes with large pores etc but I believe the grafting has helped heal my skin. The ripples could be from volume loss but also the vaporization of collagen and elastin...the things that hold our skin together. I feel like my pores are not as large and hope over time these stem cells can help heal. Dr. Coleman (been studying fat grafting for a while) has seen skin improve more and more as time goes by so I am hoping for that. I do know my skin is healing. You should only have to one Puregraft fat grafting session because this machine helps the fat take. My process has been somewhat of a learning process because I don't have gross deformity (yet) ....do have play-doh like skin that is super rubbery feeling...like there is no collagen and elastin in it...where we have yet to treat. We have treated the full front face but not chin area...te face feels normal again and without pain. I believe you have to have a consultation to get pricing but it is not cheap...thousands of dollars for me, but your might be different. You can call and ask to talk to Harte and she could possibly help you. When you come to CA maybe you can make a consultation or maybe call and see if they can Skype for a consultation? I have no idea. Since Dr. Cohen has treated me as his first laser victim, he probably has a better understanding but he is brilliant and a "true" doctor. Look on his website under facial procedures under cranial deformities and see his work with the children he operates on...you will see there are not many like him. I believe he might be one of the top five doctors in Regenerative (stem/fat cell) Medicine. Hope this helps.:) I believe there is now hope but the grafting has to be done correctly.
This "Fraxel Nightmare" is not geography-related, Michigantravel - This "Fraxel Nightmare" is happening to people all over the globe and by some of the best doctors in the world. If you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself. I'd spend a good couple hours or a couple days reading all the horror stories before deciding to jump off the fence into a potential nightmare.

...At the end of the day, I don't think "results" are operator-dependent at all - Superstar laser surgeons are having BIG problems with Fraxel (and all lasers like it) - THAT speaks volumes. Physiology plays a HUGE role relative to results, And because physiology is unique, there is no way to predict results - A One-Size-Fits-All solution/scenario is not applicable to "anything" which is unique.

Give the above some valid thought.
Thank you for posting. I've been on the fence. So far it seems Michigan isn't the best place to do this!
I have the same problem. Terrible texture. With the exception of the areas on my cheeks where I had some mild acne scar the rest of my skin was great texture with small pores. I am 2 years post and the texture is still there. I don't know if its diminished a bit or if I'm just used to it, terrible i know. I notice it more when I am tired or dehydrated. I find some vitamin C products work well and seem to be of help. Super crappy and who the hell are these so called doctors wielding these lasers causing this damage. Anyone ever heard of any comments from the Fraxel company on this?
I am sorry to report that as I approach 7 months post total fraxel, it ruined the texture of my chin. I went to a plastic surgeon for consultation and his reply was that the laser probably melted some underlaying fat. A respected surgeon, who was also one of the early pioneers of using collagen while it was still in the investigative stage, did not think that botox would help much, fat transport is iffy, and fillers can make the chin look puffy. Anyway, to make a long story short, I tried everything --expensive creams,etc. I have a very healthy lifestyle, and always have used appropriate sun blocks. The worst part of it is that my board certified dermatolosit is mean , mean, mean and also denies that the laser did anything. In fact she stated that the lines were always there, although people who know me ( including a doctor ) knew that they were not there. What the dermatologist did was show me a very large magnified version of my before skin. Naturally if you put any skin under a strong magnifier, you will see lines. The plastic surgeon told me that some of these doctors who buy all these lasers machines overstate their benefit.
I am 14 months from my two fraxel treatments. My skin looks exactly like yours. I have tried loads of products and it has not improved at all. In fact I think it is worse as it is more deflated and the pores are now collasping and forming connecting lines. I WONDERED IF YOU HAVE SEEN ANY IMPROVEMENT? I have not read one review that had our results that had significant improvement...looking for help....not getting any from my Dr. Derm. Wish she would read this site....instead of telling me she has NEVER heard of any negative results from Fraxel.
I think you should try derma roller or one like it. May be very helpful.
@BKB I've had success with Curel original as well. My skin drinks that up too and it looks very good afterwards. Only problem, I have to use it every day, which I dont like.
Guys, I found a cream better than Biafine- more moisturizing and for me no side effect whatsoever. You can get a sample of it (or simply test it) at certain CVS stores. The cream us called KELEMATA (Greek) CREMA SUPER NUTRIENTE. For sensitive skin. For me it is amazing. Skin just drinks it and makes it so hydrated and soothed. Hope it will work for you guys as well.
It doesn't matter where she had the procedure - This "nightmare" is happening ALL OVER THE GLOBLE from the same procedure - And by "same procedure," I mean "all lasers" that operate off a pixel-like premise. Do your research...!!!