Chin Implant Medium -Michigan, MI

Hi everyone I just had a medium chin implant put...

Hi everyone I just had a medium chin implant put in i had no chin at all it was very small and i hated my profile. I also had a rhinoplasty done because i had a little hump on my nose. I am now experiencing numbness in my chin and left side of my lip, my face feels tight, and looks box like to me. Anyone else experience this with their chin implant and if so when does it go away? I am starting to freak out i am 22 years old and all i wanted was a balanced face i didnt think i would have to deal with all of this.

5 days post op

Hi everyone. I am now 5 days post op and i am still experiencing numbness on the left side of my lip and chin. It is a very awful feeling. I really want it to go away. I still have some swelling and i just seen today i have some bruising on my right side. I am so concerned about the numbness in my lip and chin i called my doctor and he said its normal and it will return he said he never had anyone who had permeant damage. Its so early that I have to let me body recover. I understand all of that but the feeling of it being numb is driving me crazy. I have been praying that it comes back soon. I have to leave it in gods hands.

2 weeks post op

Thought I would post an update about how I'm doing. I am a lot better I had so much anxiety about this numbness but its already improving so much. I am not numb in my lip anymore it gets better everyday and in my chin it is starting to improve. It doesn't bother me that much anymore and i can now go throughout my day without thinking about it all the time. My nose is doing great. I am swelling on one side more than the other but that is to be expected. The bruising is gone and the swelling in my face is also gone. I feel like some days i am a little swollen on one side of my face more but thats also to be expected seeing how i am only 2 weeks post op. My smile is almost back to normal I can almost show my bottom teeth but it doesn't bother me much because i dont smile with my bottom teeth showing. Overall I am getting more happy with the results and i do not regret getting this surgery. I think once the numbness and swelling is completely gone i will be so much happier and satisfied with my results. Also my doctor has really helped me. He talked to me and helped me understand that a lot of people experience numbness and these feelings. He is such a great doc and i am happy i went with him.

One month post op

Hi everyone its time for an update. I am now one month post op and I am feeling great. The numbness is about 95% better and the swelling is pretty much all gone. I am still holding onto some swelling in my nose but it is only noticeable to me. My smile is about 95% its still a little hard to show all of my bottom teeth but like i said before it doesnt bother me much. I am getting complements all the time people dont know what is different about me which i am happy about. They all think its my hair. Overall I am 100% happy that i went through with the surgery and i'm so happy with the PS I picked.

Time for another update

Hey everyone. I thought I would give an update on how I am doing. The numbness I was experiencing is now 100% gone. I am so happy with my results I am no longer concerned about my profile. I am still holding onto some swelling in my nose but like I said before me and my doc are the only ones who can tell. I love the way my nose looks now with my chin. I will post pictures when I am 2 months post op :)

update

HEy everyone its been 3 months since my surgery. I am loving my results. I still have some swelling in my nose but its not to bad not so noticeable. My doc said it can take up to a year for the final results and all the swelling to be gone. I am happy i went with the medium because I feel like the large would have been to big for my face. No one can really notice a difference they all think i changed my hair or lost weight. My doc is amazing and I am so lucky to have found such a great doc in Michigan. All the numbness is gone like I said before it only lasted about a month. I am much more confident and i no longer have to worry about someone looking at my profile. I am so happy that i went through with the surgery.
n/a

My doctor is amazing! He spent time with me before the surgery and sent me flowers the next day. He was sure to answer any of my questions and concerns. I am so happy I went with my doctor he is the only one i would let preform surgery on me.

I am having rhinoplasty and chin implant surgery in a couple weeks. I am trying to decide between a M and a S implant. I would love to see before pics of you to compare to my before shots. You look great and hope I get a good result like you!!!
Hey there i posted an update on my pictures. I hope you get it in time. I went with a medium and i am so happy with my results but as you can see I did not have a chin at all. I went with a medium because i would rather be under-corrected than over-corrected. My doc felt i would be between a med and large but we decided to go with medium for a more conservative look. hope my post helps
Hi do u think you can email me a side profile and front before and after I really want to get this done
I put up a side view of me before. you cant really tell much from the front and all my pics i am smiling in so you cannot see a good view of my chin being small. I always felt if I smiled you couldn't tell how small my chin was lol. but i hope my side view helps to show you i had a very small chin.
Any reason you wont mention who your doctor was??? this would help a lot of folks on here who live in the area, if they wanna consider a surgeon and look for one. Im sure every member on here and even your physician would appreciate it. Thanks!
Can you email me the doctor's name? I've been wanting those procedures for quite awhile and it looks as though he does excellent work. Thanks much
was $6,500 for chin and nose or just chin?
cost was for both
Since you have a M size do you know how many mm it is ? It was intraorally or submental? Did it make a noticeable change from front ? I'm so nervous because I have a revision this thrusday and My Dr told he recommend me a M size since I don't like the XL that he put on me it change my face a lot
Hi. I dont know how many mm it is. it does have wings on it and it was done intraorally I am very happy with it and only notice a big change with my profile. My front didnt change that much and the little that it did change i am happy with. I hope your recision went well.
Looks great! I just had a chin implant put in 11 days ago and I definitely needed one so I told my doc if in doubt don't be afraid to go bigger. I was nervous but I didn't want to have surgery and still have an under corrected chin because the doctor would be nervous how big to make it. Most go not quite as big I would imagine because people are apprehensive about being too big. Yours looks perfect what size did you get? My doctor used a large and at first I regretted the decision because of how big it looked from the front. I told myself to relax though because swelling takes time. It's good to see positive feedback here but I have to say there is a lot of negative as far as chin implants go so that didn't help my nerves at all. Everyday the swelling goes down a bit and I like it more and more. I just wish my smile was a little more like before but I imagine that has to do with swelling still and I just need to give it time. Did the boxiness of it go down more for you when the swelling got better? Also just curious who your doc was since I'm in MI too. Maybe we had the same doctor lol. PM me if you can and thanks for posting an update!
Do u mind putting down btw who your doctor was? That would be veryhelpful to those looking for a qualified physician in your area.
Your chin looks amazing! Is the total fee of your surgery just for the chin implant, or the total cost with the rhinoplasty? Would you mind sending me the name of your plastic surgeon as well?
Thanks :) I am very happy. That was the total cost with the chin implant and rhinoplasty. I will be happy to send you my docs name is he amazing.
Yes could you send me your doctors name too? That price is amazing-
YaY! see I told you so!! I had a nose job at 16, so many years ago! it took a really long time to settle- I'm sure it's different these days. You go, you look so pretty! :)
Thanks. It is nice that I have support here. Yeah he didn't need to break my nose so that helps one side looks a little different but i think its due to swelling and only I can notice it.
Sm22, hi i did not receive your email, can you please send it again?
Sent it again it should be in your inbox on this site.
Hi sm22, what is the name and phone number for the doc who performed your chin surgery?
I am trying to avoid putting him name on here. Have you had chin surgery?
No i have not, but considering it. Why dont you want to give his name, i like the way your chin looks.
I sent you an email with his name :)
You can have numbness for six months or longer. It takes that long for the nerves to grow back. Give it time. I think the pictures look great.
Did you have a chin implant? if so how long did it take for you. I'm just really scared.