One Month Today from BR Surgery - Michigan

I have been thinking about this it seems for years...

I have been thinking about this it seems for years now. I'm in my late 50s and I'm a 40GG. I've had large breasts for my whole life. When I was younger it was fine...I didn't mind being a DD or DDD, but gravity set in and now I'm very uncomfortable with back and neck pain and they are so large that I can't buy a bra off the rack. I never said anything to my doctor about it...why? I have no idea why, but last winter my back kept going out on me and I was in a lot pain. When I mentioned it to my doctor, she referred me to a PS. Liked her immediately. Told me I was a good candidate.

Between her schedule and mine, it has taken months to work out the surgery date. It is scheduled for December 7th. I have great disability coverage at work so I am taking 3 weeks off. One thing I've realized is that when doctors give you instructions for recovery please listen to them no matter how good you feel after surgery.

I have so many emotions about this....happy, excited, scared, worried about my recovery. I'm so glad I found this site.

Dr, Daniela Rodriquez. Her office is in St. Clair Shores.
hello , could you please tell us who was your surgeon ?
Congratulations, Greek! So glad everything went well and that you are happy with your results so far! Good luck on your continued healing!
Hi everyone. Thank you so much for all your prayers and thoughts yesterday. My surgery was 24 hrs ago. When my PS came in to mark me up..she said "oh, honey, I am so happy to be taking these off for you; you have no idea how good you are going to feel". She is wonderful. Need to call office today for my follow-up. I think a lot of ladies want to know how I felt post-op. My surgery was 3 hrs so I was in recovery about 11am from a 7:30a surgery. I dozed for about 4 hours and then started to wake up when my sister came in. I kept on asking the nurses when I was going to feel pain and I never felt pain. The doctor told my sister that she took off a total of 8 lbs. I look down at myself and think "who is this person with these small breasts?" I have no idea what size she took me down to -- either a C or D. Either will be okay with me. My biggest problem yesterday was being so nauseated from the anesthetic. I couldn't even keep water down or ginger ale -- nothing. They asked me if I wanted to stay the night and I told them no that I wanted to go home. I was home by 6p. It was hard getting out of bed in the recovery room. My legs felt like dead weight. Ladies -- keep walking -- not far around your house but moving helps. I have drains; they are uncomfortable and there is some pain but manageable. The dr gave me percecot for pain. I took 1/2 pill last night to sleep and the other half this morning. I am also on antibiotics. My discomfort is no worse then having your boobs hurt around your period. Finally my stomach settled down about 8p last night. I was sooo thirsty and started eating salines. Then I had chicken noodle soup and managed to keep it all down. I had two cups of coffee this morning...shouldn't have done that -- too hard on my stomach. Hopefully today the PS will take the drains out. There is some blood on the gauze under my bra, but the nurse told me that is normal. My two biggest worries are wound care and not doing too much because I feel good. I do know that I will tire out easily, but I have no problem sitting in front of the TV. I was so unsure if I really wanted to do this surgery, but it was the best decision I could have made, and I'm very happy with the results. I still can't wrap my head around my tiny boobies when I look down at myself. Next week, I'm having a bra burning party; that will be a very happy day! I'll check in soon.
So good to hear from you all i can say is "8 Pounds!!!!omg you poor thing!!!" so happy that your recovery seems to be on schedule, and i just watched " the help" yesterday too and it was soooooo good! ;)
SCREAMING GOOD LUCK ON OUR BIG DAY MINES IN THE MORING TO HOW R U FEELING?
Iowa..thanks for your prayers. I need to be at the hospital at 6a and surgery is scheduled for 7:30. My niece is spending the night with me and my next door neighbor (who is a RN) is off on Thursday and Friday. She is a wonderful friend and it's so nice to have a nurse next door so she'll be checking in with me, feeding my dog for me and most importantly just being my friend... I'm blessed.
Aww!! I wish you luck Hun!!! I am so excited for you!!! Well I can't until my big day on Thursday too!!! Keep us posted !!!
Good Luck, Greek! This can be an anxiety-filled day. I know I didn't sleep at all the night before my surgery, but I figured I'd get plenty of sleep during the procedure, so I didn't let it worry me too much. Plus my surgery was later in the day, so it was nice to sleep in a bit and not be starving all day!
Prayers to you!
tawlie....I'm okay...I go from being very calm to being very nervous. I was very busy in the morning -- laundry and last minute grocery shopping -- and then I sat down and watched "The Help". Now I'm putting clothes away, dusting my floors and getting my bed nice and comfy. I'll let everyone know how I'm doing when I'm up and awake in a day or two. Thanks everyone for your support.
how are you now? probably trying to get all the last minute things done,like i was! wishing you the best results and a great recovery...remember we are here for you!
@ Greek, how long did it take for your insurance to approve the surgery? and Who do you have coverage with?
I met with the PS end of May. It took bet. 30-60 days for insurance co (HAP)to approve. They only approved it for 60 days. PS's schedule was beyond that so they had to start process again. PS called me in late October and told me that it was set for Dec. 7.
I am so happy for you. You will love the new you and wonder why you didn't do it sooner. I had mine on Marh 28 and it is the best thing I have ever done for ME. Congrats......

I am so happy you are here with us!   Now let the ladies help support and carry you through this process.  Your back will thank you soon.

I agree with your comment about listening to the doctors on the recovery time.  Your body needs rest and time to recover after any surgical procedure.  Rushing will not do you any good.  I was happy to hear you are taking three weeks off work.  You will be extremely happy about that.

Keep posting and before you know it December 7th will be here.