Tummy Tuck Nightmare - Miami, FL

I am 6month post op full tummy tuck. My abd has...

I am 6month post op full tummy tuck. My abd has not healed. My surgent has r/t to poor wound healing. It has been a nightmare for me. My surgent is out of state, so I have to rely on phone calls and emails. After speaking with surgent, he doesn't know what it could be that is preventing my abd from healing, but had a number of possibility. He wants me to come back Fl to further assess promblem. I can't take time off. In the meantime, a new wound open underbelly and continues to drain. I have seen general surgent r/t wound opening and f/u abcess. He suggest exploratory surgery. He thinks possible stitch abcess or infect stitch that need to be removed. At this point, I don't know what to think or do. I am more afraid than anything. I feel like things are out of my control. A elective surgery gone horrible wrong. I am due to have a revision at the end of year, by same plastic surgent but due to complications, need to be closer to home. I saw another ps, he thinks I need infection diease consult to help identify problem and heal wounds. No revision. He doesn't specialize in revision. I need to figure out what to do next before my health becomes compromised.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

What cosmetic center did you go to and did Dr Ortega do your TT
You could die from infection why on earth would you wait this long 6 months? Get back to Miami and get this fixed - is your job worth your life? Seriously?
This was from Dr Ortega? This is worth going back for!!!
If you have insurance go find a wound care center... Hope the light starts shining at the end of the tunnel for you soon
I'am so sorry to hear that I hope everything gets better soon
get the wound cultured!!!!! it can be done at an emergency room or urgent care center, as long as there is drainage to scoop up and put in the culture tube. call ahead to be sure they know you are coming and find out if they can culture it. specialist such as Infectious Disease can also do culture. they will also know antibiotics well. once they know what it is, (they order culture and sensitivity) (not just culture) then they know what the little bugger pathogens sensitive to, and they can give you the appropriate antibiotic. at least the infection will be treated. if it is internal suture, it usually makes its way to the surface. this is too important to fool with. then you can consider trip to see your PS even if you cannot go (you cannot afford NOT to go) if the antibiotic does not resolve it. forget exploratory surgery --this can be done. it just has been untreated for too long..if it is MERSA , you will need bactrim and doxycycline(both).
I hope things get better for you, soon. I think I would go ahead and make an appointment with a local physician and see if they can help. Or maybe even an emergency room visit so they can clean that out and look for a stitch and make sure infection isn't spreading. Good luck!