Tummy Tuck with Fat Transfer BBL - Lots of Post Op Questions - Miami, FL

I'm excited. I'm 38 yrs old, 5'6 and I weigh 170....

I'm excited. I'm 38 yrs old, 5'6 and I weigh 170. I've had 4 kids and it's time for me to look awesome again. I'm nervous as to the recovery so anyone who has had these procedures at the same time, I would love to hear from you. I know there will be pain but what's the real deal about movement and laying down on my side. I've decided to go with Dr. Mendieta. His work looks amazing.

Should I lose weight before? The doctor didn't mention anything. Wil my arms look really big after? Do i need to buy a portable urinal? Is the removing of tthe garment very painful? How soon can i shower after surgery? These are the things I'm most worried about.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Hi Rachel09!!! I'm having a TT the same day!!! We should keep in touch!! Mine starts at ten thirty?
Awesome! You know I haven't been given the time yet. I'm going to call tomorrow. We are going to look awesome after. His work looks amazing. Keep me posted.
RR, are you doing both a TT and a BBL at the same time? I am booked with him on aug 6th and now wondering if I need a TT. I don't have a lot of loose skin but if you see my pics you will see I have a protruding upper abdomen (gift from my frank breach daughter).
Yes. I'm having both. How did yours go? I'm going to post my preop this week. I look like I'm 5 months prego so I'm really trying to lose weight. Hoping my arms won't look too big compared to my new bod.
I just had surgery on Saturday july 6. I would recommend to lose weight. At least 10 pounds. Im 5'5 weigh 150 and I wish I would of lost more weight. The first days of doing a tummy tuck are the worst. Yes its painful but if u take your meds you will b fine. My doctor on the 2nd day I was able to shower. For sure u need someone helping you 24 7. The portable urinal I would recommend because its really hard to sit all the way down on the toilet. Any other questions let me know. Good luck on your surgery!!
Taking your advice and losing weight. Also bought the portable urinal.
You'll be fine. It's not as painful as u might think. I only took meds for 4 days could have stopped on the 2nd day. The drains suck but manageable. Taking the garmet off for the first time don't hurt just a little un comfortable don't worry you'll be ok and love your new look
Good to know. I've never had to take a lot of meds so I'm praying it'll be the same with this surgery.