PICOSURE - The Only Way to Effectively Remove a Tattoo. - Miami, FL

I have many tattoos that I've collected through...

I have many tattoos that I've collected through the years, all very beautiful and done by extremely talents artist. But as we evolve through live we find our selves liking different things. So I've decided to do some editing. I am removing a collar bone tattoo, forearm tattoo and quarter sleeve, all black and grey.

************************************ Disclaimer******************************************
The following opinions , advice and observations are that of my own experience, any products or methods I mention are that of which I have found personally helpful. Make sure to do your research and consult with your Doctor of choice to ensure the best method of laser tattoo removal for you.
****************************************************************************************

After extensive research and waiting years to find the right Dr, and laser I have come to Dr. Sean Simon and the PICOSURE laser. There is simply no other laser on the market that can preform this effectively, quickly and with the least amount of damage. The fear of scaring was a huge factor in me waiting so long to start removing them, but with this laser, a skilled Doctor and proper after care the damage to your skin should be non existent.

As I have recommend many friends to him already I will address the most common questions I receive to those interesting in removing a tattoo.

1. Does it hurt?
Yes, of corse it hurts, a lot. Although with a topical numbing creme and ice during the procedure its manageable.
2. Is it expensive?
Can be, the bigger the tattoo the more it will cost. Do your research and get a few quotes before committing to a Dr.
3. Will it leave a scar?
No, if you Dr, is knowledgeable with the laser they are using and you properly care for it after you will not have scaring, the after care is nearly as important as the procedure its self.

So here are a few tips I would like to share as I have had many "OMG" is this normal? moments during this process.

- You may swell depending on the size of the area you are treating, for a large surface like a sleeve or leg I would strongly recommend to break it down in to two sessions per treatment.
- You will/ may blister, they will/ may be huge and painful. This is normal and is your bodies natural reaction to the "trama" essentially it just experienced. Do not pop them, the longer they can heal on their own the better your result will be. If you find you are extremely uncomfortable with them you can pop it with a sterile pin let it drain, clean well and do not touch.
-During the healing process the the effected area will experience a range of colors, sensitivity and possibly pain, this is normal. Your body is an incredible machine and when taken care of will heal its self in the best fastest way possible.
- During the healing process the effected area will feel like a SEVERE sun burn, extremely sensitive, and possibly hot at times. Preparing ice packs for the first few days is essential especial when trying to sleep.
-After the first few days of the "sunburn" feeling you will start to scab, very normal, and a good thing, do NOT touch or pick at them. This is critical in preventing scaring, your body will take its time in forming this scab and will fall off when the skin under is healed and protected.
- Do not submerge you self (swimming, bath tube etc) for ling periods of time surng the healing process as you want your scabs to fall off naturally.
- When the area begins to heal it will / can be extremely itchy. Try not to itch it as you can irritate your skin, you can use an anti icy creme or Lucas Paw Paw ointment to calm the area.

Tips:
- Use a unseated mild soap to keep the area clean. You may need to keep area wrapped in plastic wrap if it will be coming in contact with clothing, as well as to protect the healing skin for the first few days.
- Use Aquaphor or Vaseline to keep are moist for the first few days. Once the area is no so sensitive I swiped to Lucas Paw Paw ointment and Vitamin E to sooth skin. (my personal preference not recommended by any Dr)
- Keep a few ice packs in your freezer for the first few days you may find you will need them ( Typically for those treating large areas)
- If you smoke, STOP NOW! among a million other reasons smoking severely effects and delays your bodies ability to heal.
- Drink as much water as you can.
- Stay out of the sun! and wear sun screen daily. Always cover the area with clothing when you are going to be exposed to sun light, hypo pigmentation can occur when the skin is tamed or has sun exposure.
- I added a few vitamins to aid in my body's healing abilities. A good multi vitamin as well as Manuka Honey, Tumeric, B5, Vitamin E, Vitamin C.
- Maintain as healthy life style as you can, how we look and feel is directly related to what you put inside you.

Stay focused on your end result and thats it, removing a tattoo is not an over night event, it will take time patience and belief that in the en it will be worth it.

( My apologies for any spelling mistakes as I am writing this on a tablet and will edit as needed) I am extremely busy so will only be updating this as I receive treatment and obtain new pictures) My before and after pictures are provided by the Dr's offices as its impossible to photograph my entire arm my self but will add some progressive and healing pictures for reference.

Tattoo

After 3rd Session

Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr, Sean Simon is a great surgeon, very polite, down to earth, straight forward and honest. His office is very well appointed clean and offers garage parking. His staff is extremely friendly, efficient and always helpful. I have done a lot of research into this procedure and can tell you that the person performing the procedure, MUST be a Doctor and preferably a plastic surgeon. We have had two sessions so far at 6 weeks apart. With the PICOSURE laser Dr. Sean Simon predicts that I should expect full removal in 5 sessions. ( compared to older lasers where I was quoted up to 11 sessions at 8 weeks apart) He did not charge for a consultation and took the time to understand my needs and what I was looking for. I did not feel pressured or that he was trying to sell me something, he was honest about what he thought was possible and insured that we would see positive results.