Upper & Lower Abs, Flanks & Arms - Great Results So Far! - Miami, FL

One of my friends had smart lipo last year and I...

One of my friends had smart lipo last year and I really liked her results and after careful consideration, I decided to do it as well. I did lots of research and found a great doctor. I'm generally in good shape however I have let myself go in the past few months.

Before procedure:
5'2
140 lbs

- Day of procedure: May 11, 2012
I went in to see Dr. Blinski early around 8:30am. They made me sign a few more paperwork. Then, Dr. Blinski marked my body where the procedure was going to be. Then, I met with Dr. Jimenez, the anesthesiologist. He asked me a few more questions and explained how the anesthesia would be done.

Then, they took me in the operating room. I was really nervous by then as i knew it was really happening. The first thing, they put blankets over me. They also made me wear these socks for my circulation in my legs. Then Dr. Jimenez came in and gave me some local anesthesia on my left hand. He needed to put an IV in my vein from my left hand. The anesthesia he put first was a small burning sensation, not too bad. Then he put the IV in but unfortunately he couldn't get the vein so he had to prick me again, over the local anesthesia so that one hurt a bit, but still not too bad.

Then shortly after, he gave me the anesthesia and I remember drifting away, feeling drunk. Then I completely knocked out. The only thing I remember was hearing voices. I know I heard Dr.Blinski at one point. When I fully woke up, there was a nurse there, Pilar, she came over, cleaned my eyes and gave me cranberry juice. It felt sooo good since my lips were so dry. I felt in horrible pain. The nurse said I could take some pain medication when I got home.

My husband came with me and stopped at a wendy's and got a small chocolate frosty for me. The nurse said it would be good for me to bring up my sugar. I didn't like it, it was too sweet and was making me nauseous. I just took a few bites. Then I got home, my mom made me some jello and my husband made me some mashed potatoes. Had some of that and took my pain meds. I laid in bed and tried to rest. I was draining quite a but from my right side. I was all bruised up, my arms were black & blue.

- Day 2 of my Smart Lipo procedure. So far ok, very sore. I felt like I had a very strenuous workout. I didn't have any more drainage. I mostly drained on the first day. I took my antibiotic & my pain medication & took it easy, watching tv and resting.

I tried to move around more so I wouldn't be in bed all day. I did get up to have breakfast with the family. I just had one slice of toast with light butter & strawberry jelly and some fat free milk. Still really swollen, both arms and belly. Couldnt really tell the difference since it had only been two days and I was still very sore & swollen.

I actually went back to work on day 6 and it was pretty bad. Working a full 8 hours was killing me. I ended up more swollen by the end of the day. The belt was so tight too that it just hurt to sit down and I have a desk job where I'm sitting for most of the day. So, I definitely recommend taking a week off from work if u can. Everyone heals different but the first real was really hard for me.

Week 2 was so much better for me. The swelling was finally starting to go down some and my bruising was starting to fade. I didn't know about the arnica pills but I duds take them after and I definitely think they helped minimize the bruising.

I'm now on week 3 and I'm definitely seeing some results. My tummy is way flatter than it was. I had a horrible pooch before, it looked like I was pregnant. My sides are looking great and I'm also noticing a difference in my arms. My arms have been a much more subtle change but I'm definitely starting to notice it now. Since a week after my surgery I have been doing lymphatic massages. I highly recommend them. They help you heal as well as smooth any bumps/lumps you may get. I don't have much lumps thankfully. Posting some before and after pics.

4 weeks after procedure - I am feeling pretty good...

4 weeks after procedure - I am feeling pretty good. All bruising is completely gone. Some of my stitches are actually starting to fall off/dissolve. I am still wearing my compression garment all the time, all day at work and all night. I only take it off to take a bath and an occasional break now and then. It really does help mold you so I highly recommend wearing a compression garment for as long as you can. I actually did some ab work last night. I didn't go all crazy. I just did a few reps and hopefully today I will hop on my treadmill. So far, I am happy with my results. I am just getting used to abs. They look so different. Posting pics I took this morning.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Blinski was great. He answered all my questions and really made me feel comfortable. He is extremely knowledgeable and has been a plastic surgeon for many years. I definitely recommend him. He is very straightforward and will be very honest with you.

Hi, I recently had the same areas done. I am about ten days post-op. I think I see a difference in my abs, but my arms are what is worrying me. I am still wearing my compression garments all the time, but I feel like they look the same. I can't even say that they are swollen because they aren't hard at all. They are as flabby as ever. :-/ Is it too soon for me to expect to notice a difference??
I asked how much it will be and he said...5000 for 4 liters of fat. That sounds like selling meat in a grocery store...I guess the price is fair, if he can promise that he will take out that much fat.
That's pretty competitive. They are charging about that much in south florida. He took out 2,600 cc's on me. Not sure how many liters that is but 4 liters of fat is definitely the most he can legally take out.
:) love your result. would you recommend ur dr? how is the pricing?
Yes I completely recommend my doctor. I did a lot of research on him. He's been a plastic surgeon for over 34 years. I believe he was actually one of the first doctors to do lipo back in the 80's. He's very knowledgeable and he's even trained other doctors with the smart lipo triplex. :)
Hi, being that your are 4 weeks post your Smart Lipo procedure; do you think you could take a trip & enjoy it w/o major pain and/or swelling?
Yes, definitely. I feel I've healed pretty good. I definitely can go on a trip and enjoy myself. Most of my swelling is gone and I really don't feel anymore pain. My belly is tender sometimes but it's not a big deal. I'm actually already starting to do some ab work :)
Wow, that's great to hear; because that was seriously considering it.
You are soooo welcome. I am new here, and when I posted that I didn't realize nudity was acceptable. Now that I have seen many more profiles, I am an advocate of topless photos. The topless pics really do the procedures justice, since you can see the results in the natural form. So if you aren't shy try topless in future pics.
You look fantastic! Not sure if you noticed, but your nipple is visible in some of your pics. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you weren't aware. If it was on purpose, I envy your confidence
Hi PrincessUSMC, thnx for the compliment and for pointing that out! I hadn't really noticed. I'll be careful from now on :)
Ok cool and you are shaping up nicely! I was looking up the local vs. general and I found that the docs can actually take out more fat under general so that's always a good thing..lol the fat has to GO! LOL they have so many different garments out there that it ain't.even funny girl. Yes I would prefer one with a hole in it for conveniency. The preggo look is a big concern for me b/c I don't wanna get a TT at all. My skin tone is excellent I just have this but and back fat after my baby and every year it gets worse. Being that I'm petite it doesn't look cute at all either. I be tired of ppl thinking I'm preggo or me not being able to wear a tshirt. Not too mention if I wanna wear a nice dress I have to wear a cincher under it! No I'm tired of that you know. I just wanna get this fixes so I can wear what I want and feel comfortable in my clothes and look good in a bathing suit. The things women go through right? Lol
That's great! I wonder why some docs use general and some use local for smart Lipo? I'm looking for a doc who really knows how to contour. Do you have any pics of ur back? I need my back, flanks, full and, and waist done. Did ur price include garments or did u have to purchase those separately? After you eat does ur belly expand? I know right now after I eat my belly gets so big sometimes, I wonder if after the Lipo will it still have that preggo look after I eat. Thanks for replying :)
My doctor said in order to use general anesthesia, the doctor needs to be board certified. That's why some doctors just use local anesthesia. I don't have any pics of my back but I will take some tonight since I haven't really posted any pics of my arms and I got those done as well. They gave me a garment when I left the doctor's office that day. They put it on me and I was very secure. It's pretty tight so it actually feels good after you get used to it since when you don't have it on your skin feels all weird at first.

My skin is still a little tender. After the surgery, you'll notice your skin will feel tight and super tender and sensitive to the touch. I don't think there's much room to expand even after you eat since the garment is nice and tight. After 2 weeks, he did tell me to get a new compression garment though. The one they gave me was fitting big already :)
He recommended me to get a "Spanx". You could find them either at Nordstrom or Target for cheaper. If you go to Target, they are called "Assets, by Spanx". They are very nice and snug. The only downside to them is they don't have a hole cut out down there so every time you go to the bathroom, you have to take it off. But, I think you may be able to find some that have that hole cut out though.

I don't think you would have the preggo look at all. You just need to make sure to wear your compression garment as long as you can. This will help mold and sculpt your abs. :)
how are you doing now? is everything nice and smooth?
I'm doing good, thnx for asking. I am healing much better now. I have a few lumps here and there but the massages are definitely helping out :)
Will post some more pics soon
You are healing well!
Ah awesome thanks so much for replying :-) I'll be posting my experience as well with all my paranoias included :-p You are looking A-Ma-Zing, wish you a speedy recovery!!!
Too*. Sorry my auto correct, lol
Heyyy, congratulations you look amazing!!! I just booked my appointment today but I am so nervous :( Ive read so many things online from good to bad and the bad really scare me. Stuff about people having lumps after, of doctors burning too much fat more than they should harming your health, to having fat beig stores somewhere else than the belly and looking just weird :-( What about your friend that has had it for a year now, how are the results a year after? Thanks so much for posting!! This is so helpful :-)
Yes, I got a little scared typo when I read some of the reviews but I know everyone is different and of course healing will be different too. The lumps are normal. That's why the lymphatic massage is so important. It helps with the swelling and the massage will help even out the lumps so that ur skin is smooth.

My friend that had it done a year ago still looks great. Of course she is constantly watching what she eats. It's important to keep eating right after the procedure or fat will develop in other areas as well as eventually come back in the treated areas. Just do lots of research and take care of yourself after the procedure and you should be fine. :)
OMG you look so good!!! Wish I had results like you!
Thank you! I'm feeling pretty good so far. Not going to lie, the first week was really hard for me but now that I am starting to see results, I am feeling motivated :)