Smart Lipo Triplex in Many Areas! Yay! I did it!!! - Miami, FL

Hello all! I'm new to real self and I saw a...

Hello all!
I'm new to real self and I saw a great/informational/helpful post from ceddysweetie. Since her's was so helpful to me in confirming my decision I decided to do my journey on here as well. You never know who you could be helping out by sharing your experience.

My name is Bri i'm 24, a student and I work full-time. I don't have any kids and I am going to do the smart lipo in my abdomen, flanks (sides), bra roll, and inner thighs. Nobody talked me into it I'm just doing this for ME to make myself happier, to look better in my clothing and be more confident. I am excited to finally get the process started. I have had 4 different consultations and I have been researching like crazy to make sure I am choosing the right doctor. Dr. Careaga definitely stood out to me with results, info (only doctor to tell me to stop birth control 2 weeks before because could cause blood clots, no other doctor mentioned that!!!!), credentials, and pricing. The staff was really nice of course, his wife Lourdes is great too, she showed me her results from the lipo and she looks awesome like she never had kids or anything. I have a good feeling about this Doctor. In the pricing it includes my procedure, compression garments, lymphatic massages (5 sessions), labs, etc. I'm really nervous I never thought I would do anything like this. I've always been relatively in good shape. I have issues with my periods being irregular and the only way to control it is Birth Control. I have gained a lot of weight and found it even harder to lose weight on it even when I was working out religiously. When I stop my birth control for awhile I can drop the weight but then here comes irregular menstrual cycles (I know TMI). So I am back at square one. Anyway back on subject lol I'm really excited to get this fat sucked out. I am counting down the days 28 more left to go! lol. For anyone that has had this procedure already or planning to do it as well has any good info please feel free to leave a comment, also I'm trying to see what other good compression garments out there. I have a post op on 2/8/14 for blood work and more info. So I will update then :)

My list of concerns:
- General Anesthesia (I've never had any surgeries or anything before this is new to me. But for some areas I really would rather not be awake for it.)
-Scarring
-Pain (I'm a big baby when it comes to this lol)
-Lumps
-How comfortable the compression garments will be since we have to wear them 24/7.

Before pictures

Hi everyone! I just wanted to update the post with some current pictures I took yesterday. Oh also before I forget there was a typo in previous update my pre op is 2/8 not post op sorry lol. I'm nervous about posting these pictures because I dislike my fatty deposits so much but here it is (talks leap of faith lol)
One other thing Bri...after the procedure you may start to "itch" where Lipo was done. This is normal. It's caused from the nerves waking up & is a part of the normal healing process. You may find that liquid Benadryl helps with the itching. Just apply it to the areas as needed...
Hi Bri!! First of all...congrats on your decision to have Lipo!!! The no. 1 thing I can't stress enough is PATIENCE!! Lol...after you procedure there's going to be swelling & it's going to get worse before it gets better. Also, it's going to come & go & could possibly take months to resolve completely. It's just part of the healing process. As long as you're healthy & have no underlying conditions anesthesia should be no problem. Also, very important...ask the anesthesiologist to give you nausea prevention med so you don't get sick after procedure. I think it's fairly standard that they do but better safe than sorry. After your incisions heal...you won't even be able to see the tiny scars. You will not have "pain" after your procedure...you will have soreness...like a bad bruise....but nothing you can't tolerate & like the swelling...the soreness will take time to resolve completely . You're more than likely be bruised but this too will resolve in time. Lumps ? I don't have any experience with those so I can't be of help there. Your compression garment will be the worst thing of the entire process/procedure. They are terribly uncomfortable but it is extremely important that you wear it exactly as your doc instructs you to. Compression garments help with swelling & also help your skin contract & tighten up....I can't stress enough the importance of wearing your compression garment as instructed. One other important piece of advice...before your procedure invest in an inexpensive shower curtain liner to protect car seats, bed & furniture for the first couple of days from leakage of your incisions. Don't freak out from the blood tinged leakage...it's only the solution from the liposuction & is harmless & just a part of it. Good luck & please keep us posted. Will be looking forward to your "after" pics!!!
Omg thank you for all of kind words of encouragement definitely put me at ease. I still have a little less than a month to go hopefully it goes by fast. I suck at patience but I'm definitely going to have to pray about it and learn some lol. I have a folder for my lipo journey and I have definitely written down some notes from your comment especially about the medication for nausea prevention. I have a list of questions to ask them when I go in for my pre op so that will definitely be added to the list lol. From all the posts I've been reading my compression garment will have to be my bestfriend so I am prepared. I have environmental allergies so I have Zyrtec on stock haha. I think I also need to make a list of recommended vitamins before and after the surgery as well. But I would have to check with the doctor of course and to see which ones are beneficial. Thank you so much again for your comment, and I will definitely be posting after pictures.

24 days left!!!!

Hello all i hope everyone is having a good day and those who have gone to surgery are recovering well. I put a big prayer out into the universe today and I'm just praying for the best all around and being positive and calming my nerves. My mom, aunt, and I are going shopping next Saturday after my pre ops on the 8th that has me excited. My aunt now wants to go for a tummy tuck consultation w/ Dr. Careaga now that I have taken the first step with my smart lipo lol. Anywho this is just a pre surgery jitters post. I also have folder made with things that i want to get before and after my surgery and I've been researching foods to eat before and after surgery. Anyway sorry to bore you have a good Sunday!!!!
Hi there... Welcome to the group. I had my Smart Lipo done on 1/3/14 in GA and I'm more than psyched! You'll do fine. Make sure you take the required meds prior to and after your surgery. Begin your self massages (these are gentle massages) beginning the next day. They'll help facilitating the drainage. Also, be prepared to get another compression garment after wk1-10 days post op cause by then, you should have shrunk a bit and you need the necessary compression to improve your healing. I went from an XL garment to a S within a month. So get ready:-))) Don't stress too much cause I see that you've got a lot of support right now. It 'll be well and looking forward to seeing the new you! Take care:-)))
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!!! I'm so excited Im literally counting down the days. I've definitely been looking into second stage compression garments but I don't want to buy it too soon until I know the size of my first one. Thank you for all the great advice!!!
You're right. Don't buy anything now. I just wanted to give you the "heads-up" on what to expect so that it doesn't catch you by surprise. Another thing you might need to know is that everyone has their own preference as per these stage 2 garments. Do your homework well. The one I received from my doctor (during my 1-month post op is called the Magic-body) does wonders on a lot of women. It's different from the one I bought personally via one of the sites my doctor had recommended. I cant use the one my doctor gave me cause it's too tight on my thighs. I can tolerate it, but I can only "dig-in" to adjust it every-so-often, if you catch my jist (lol). I will still recommend it to anyone. It just doesn't work for me for that reason only. Anyway, I'm happy for you and feel free to ask me any questions you may have prior and post the procedure. Stay blessed! :-)))))

Pre ops 2/8/14....18 more days!

Hi everyone!!!! Well time is definitely moving a little faster than expected it will probably slow down closer to the actual date lol. For me today was the day it got a lot more real like this is happening and I am going to do it. The wait time was a little long today like 30-45mins from my 11a appt time which was very different from my consultation time. But I won't be too hard on them for it because one of the ladies that helps with the pre op blood work and what not called out sick so I can understand that.

Today I got my blood drawn, signed a bunch of consent forms, I got instructions on things to do before and after surgery, paid off the surgery in full, asked a million and one questions that I had written down in my iPhone (haha). Lizandra (nurse who took my blood) was helpful in answering all questions. I was really concerned about them rescheduling my surgery because I might be on my period that day she said not to worry I will be okay and they will not reschedule for that reason in particular. She had her breast reduction done with my PS and the day before she went on her menstrual cycle and she was embarrassed as well but she was fine. I know TMI but hey a lady has to know lol. I'm also happy that I won't have any drains or anything that seems like a pain in the bottom from what I have read around on here. With all my researching too I had to ask about the revision policy/rates, which if I need a revision it would be completely free thank goodness. Hopefully by the grace of God I will not need a revision and everything is okay the first time around, but it doesn't hurt to ask just in case.

I did get to talk to my PS and asked him any additional questions that I had, he did remember me and my mother from our consultation so that was nice he was personable and remembered me. I'm so ready and excited.

Oh I also got a ton of prescriptions today that needs to be filled before the surgery and thank heavens that they did include a medication for nausea because I have heard a lot of people being feeling sick to their stomach with anesthesia. I did bombard her with tons of questions about anesthesia because I'm nervous about that and them sticking a breathing tube down my throat. But I should be asleep and not feeling any pain (fingers crossed).

I got a few goodies from Victoria Secret today I will post pictures :)

So now I have a little more thing to start research on:
1. Good compression garments ( I want to have 2 just incase I'm washing one or one gets to loose)
2. Body pillows for elevation and comfortability.
3. Vitamins to assist with health and healing
4. Liposuction foam to help with creasing from compression garment
5. Scar creams (already have some Mederma)

Thats all I can think of right now lol

Well thank you as always for reading my long rant please feel free to comment or ask questions, 18 more days to my new body! lol Journey to the flat side.

16 more days!!!

Soooo I just got an e-mail saying that my labs came back perfect and I have been given the green light for surgery. Yay!! It's becomes more real everyday lol.
Awesome! They are super nice and very understanding in all situations. I had to wait a couple of times also but it was no biggie.
I know they are really nice. I don't think I could stand the suspense if they had to make me wait longer lol

Officially 2 more weeks!

hi!!!!! Well I am 2 weeks pre op today. This week has been a long one. I got into a car accident on Tuesday someone rear ended me. I've been having some small back pain nothing major but discomforting so I will go to the doctor tomorrow to just double check. I want to be in tip top shape for my surgery and I don't need anymore craziness popping up.

What I have done thus far:
-I have started taking a multi-vitamin as of today
-I stop my birth control actually a few weeks ago I don't want to take any chances with blood clotting or complications.
-I bought a bunch of vitamins for after surgery like iron, super b-complex, zinc
-I did purchase a stool softener as suggested by sx

I could not find Bromelain (which is suppose to help with scarring, if you have used this please let me know how it works for you) at Wal-Mart, I'm guessing i may need to go to a place like GNC or something.
I also hear using Arnica cream is good too for pain so I will definitely research that some more.

Goodies:
I did get a few things, I love me some Groupon lol so I did get a Jillian Michaels workout DVD set from there and it came pretty fast.
I also realized I didn't have a good overnight bag or just something to pack a bag for a the day of surgery all of mines are currently old and falling apart lol so I did decided to get this gorgeous Victoria Secret bag. I love it!!! I will post pictures.

Thanks for reading and well wishes to all that healing or getting ready for there procedure. Be safe!!
I just remembered something... If you can't find Brimelain at any of the pharmaceuticals, you can purchase it via Amazon :-)
Also look at my "what's going I my bag" post to kinda help you with what to take on the day of your procedure.
I bought the Arnica gel from publix and the Arnica cream from whole foods, they do help the pain.

ALMOST THERE TAKES A DEEP BREATHE!!!!! 4 more days

Hello everybody happy Saturday. I can't believe time is flying like this i am so nervous I'm really starting to feel the jitters now. Crazy dreams have started. I'm trying to take it easy and make sure that i am getting enough sleep. Since i got into my accident I have been going to the chiropractor everyday and its nothing major a few aches and pains I feel much better and they did clear me for my surgery. I've been tying up some loose ends this weekend while I don't have work. I'm also still taking my multivitamin. I had a beastful headache yesterday because of my allergies so I did take a Tylenol which was okay per my post ops instructions given to me by my plastic surgeon.

Purchases this week:
-bromelain
-arnica gel and pills
-abdominal binder
-lipo foam
-scar cream
-hibiclens (soap needed for the day before surgery and the day of surgery)
-surgery outfit and post ops follow up clothes
- dropped of prescriptions (the antibiotics are free at publix)

Things I need to do:
-get my hair washed (at the hair salon as I type this lol it so hard on an ipad lol)
-laundry
-make sure house is clean
-grocery shopping
-get car washed

But yeah that's all the update I have for you guys. I do have a question though if any of you know. How long after the surgery can I start taking the bromelain, arnica, zinc, super b-complex, etc?

thank you and have a great day!!!
I'll personally advice that you ask your dr. about the duration for taking your oral meds/vitamins :-)
Thank you I will definitely make sure to ask that question
I started the vitamins a couple of days after I was done with the meds given by the doctor

It's official

Sleepless nights have hit with a hint of buyers remorse. I'm not really sure if its buyers remorse per say because I know I want it done but I am scared of the unknown. I know if I don't do it I will not be comfortable with myself, and I say comfortable instead of happy because I am happy with the person I am I just want to be more comfortable in my own skin and have a little more confidence. I'm ready to do it and get it over with but patience is key. A few of my girl friends and I have been planning a little weekend vaca and we finally decided to go to Puerto Rico in May when classes end in the summer so tickets and hotel are all booked and I'm really excited to take it easy after the whole procedure and healing time. By then I hope I'm healed and bikini ready well at least I have a place to wear that new bathing suit lol.

Anywho let me try and get some sleep.
#positivitythrownintoatmosphere
“It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!”
? Robert T. Kiosaki
You'll be fine & take it easy girl :-))) As long as you do everything your dr has ordered and you "listen" to your body whenever you need to take a break, all should be fine. Don't expect a miracle overnight & love your body as it changes each day. People's transformations vary, their reactions to how slow/fast they're healing varies as well. You're going to be fine. As for your vacation... What's the worse thing that can happen? You'll wear a 1-piece instead of a bikini? What's the big deal about that? I bet you're the prettiest girl amongst your friends traveling. That's what people will notice. You'll do fine and you've got support system here as well.
:) thank you so much for all of your kind words I really needed it. I'm getting it together slowly but surely. I'm not sure if I am expecting a big difference but definitely want my belly to be flatter.I'm definitely going to have to work on taking it easy its an easy thing to say but hard to do lol. Again thank you very much :) I hope all is well with your journey and healing as well!!

OMG

Just a warning out there to anyone who thinking about doing smart lipo. This mess is expensive and it adds up. The surgery itself, okay I expected it to be on the expensive side. But it's all the little things that you need for after add up too. Lord I can't wait for this to be over lol. I have a lot of saving up to do after this I am spent.

Also I have cut myself off on looking at any more before and after photos, horror stories that I accidentally land on especially on realself, and YouTube videos. I don't need anything adding to my stress lol.

Reason why? because I then came across a video for lipo patient that was all dented up because she was wearing tight clothes and that you shouldn't wear jeans for up to 6 months after the surgery because it will cause dents and mess up the results. Umm question? What the hell am I suppose to wear in those 6 months? Maternity Clothes? What is the compression garment for is it not suppose to assist with that?

I'm all over the place. Someone please let me know and I will definitely be calling my plastic surgeon about this.
GOOOOODD Luck!!! You're only a couple days away!! Praying 4speedy recovery!!!
Thank you!!! I'm excited can't wait!

Tomorrow is the day!!!!

SOOOOOOoooo guess who just got a call from the SX, yeah its me lol. My surgery is at 7am the first of the day. I'm happy, excited, nervous, and anxious.
Everything is all set and ready to go:
-laundry done
-grocery shopping
-bag packed
-medications ready

I will try and update tomorrow. Prayers have been sent up and blessings shall come down. I thank God for a good support system, and for all the real self people that help easy my worries and gave me great suggestions!! I appreciate it. Best wishes and healing to everyone out there.

Love,
Bri
good luck... i'm hoping that all went well. Keep us posted!!!
Thank you. I will keep you updated!
hello!!!! i hope that you are feeling better today!!!! i 'll have my procedure on march 12, i'm really nervous too!!!! Did you see some difference in your body rigth after the sergury? i know that after 3 month is when we really see the results but i think that after the dr remove all that fat even you are swollen you'd see some goods differences rigth? sorry for my english!!!! get well soon!!!!

I did it!!

I did it and lord know I'm hurting and I pain. I was really nervous but I stayed strong to do the surgery. I remember stripping and putting on surgery garments, signing papers, meeting the anesthesiologist (really nice and comforting too), then my plastic surgeon came in taking before pictures, marking my areas, then taking more before pictures. Then Marcella I believe that was her name (I was too nervous to remember lmao) a nurse came in took me to the operation room and put iodine on my body to make sure I clean and sterile. I then went to lay on the bed dr. Careaga talked to me keeping me distracted while they put the iv in both arms which I was thankful for. But that's I didn't even know when I got put to sleep at all I didn't even have to count lol. I just remember waking up freeze and shaking when I woke up in the recover room. I arrived at 7a maybe started at 8:40a my boyfriend said. They made him come in when they first put me to sleep just so he could see everything was okay he didn't like seeing all the tubes coming from me. I thought that was really nice of them, he was scared for me.

I feel okay no nausea or nothing I did eat just a few mins ago my mommy made me homemade soup. I took an antibiotic and pain pill right now too after I ate.
The only thing I feel is pain and oh there is a lot of draining too it's all over thank god for the bed mats I bought.
I'm so grateful that God has gotten me through this procedure safely I feel really blessed and happy that I'm alive and well. Dr. Careaga staff is absolutely amazing then did any and everything to make sure I was okay and comfortable I appreciate them so much. I thank you all for supporting me and giving me well wishes also. I love you guys!!

They did show me a little of how I look before putting the compression garment on I was still loopy from the anesthesia so I didn't get a really good look hopefully I can get and post pictures soon. It looked good from what I remember lol. We will see tomorrow when I go in for a check. But this garment makes my shape look damn good lol!!!!

Have a good one everybody!!

Oh yeah

Also my surgery ended around 1p but by the time I woke (around 2). So by the time I fully recovered from anesthesia, got changed and dressed, signed my discharge papers, signed up for my massages I left around 3p. Just an FYI. That means he really took his time sculpting me.
Looking forwards to afters! Although you already looked great!!
Thank you I can't wait to see what I look like when I get my bandages taken off today. I feel a lot of swelling.
Keep up on your Arnica I'm sure you look great!

Follow up and massage day

The surgeon said everything looks great and now just waiting for the healing process. I can honestly say the massage was worst than the procedure itself. It sooooo painful so anyone deciding to do smart lipo this is a warning, I should have taken a pill before going there lesson learned. I'm swollen, bruised and in so much pain. As much as I'm complaining I thank God for my life and watching over me every step of the way for this journey. I'm going to put pictures please be nice it's only one day after the surgery and I'm still healing. Again thank for you all for the support and looking out for me.

Thank you! Love,
Bri
The massages get better, the first one was was kinda rough for me also but it really helped with the drainage and moving around better. Hang in there it gets so much better.
I hope so I'm really looking forward to feeling better.
Well, I won't be nice! .... Just kidding :-) Don't worry about how you look now. You're bruised and the discoloration is normal. However, the good thing is you've survived the post op pain and massage pain so far. It's just going to get better & better. The body will slowly improve. The pain will be more tolerable and eventually subside. Oh, pls take your meds to help with pain. It's obvious you have a low pain threshold which is normal (welcome to the club :-)) Anyway, have a restful night and speedy recovery. Keep your garment and hinder on religiously! Don't slack pls. for the best results. Take care girl :-)

Taking it day by day.

This really is a process of taking it easy and one day at a time. I find it hard to sleep at night trying I find a comfortable position when I finally do the pain kicks in so I'm trying to get some rest as much as I can. I have another massage today that I'm dreading lord please pray for me lol. I go back to work Tuesday but I really don't see it happening right now. The doctor said I should be okay by then but we shall see.Someone commented asking me if I seen any immediate results. I do see some but I'm not judging my body yet until I'm healed and not so swollen so I will post a side by side picture of the before and after pictures.
Happy Saturday I'm off to take a nap. Bye!!!
hello iambritisisme!!!!! hoping that you are felling better by today!!!! I was trying to writte you but i dont know why i couldnt the other day!!! Yes, we have the same doctor and i'm really glad to found you througth this web. I'm feeling less nervous thanks to all of you!!! by the way!!!! You look great!!!! besides you were on your weigth, was just sculp....and he did it really good. I hope to see those good results on me too!!!! get well soon!!!!
Hey!! Yes I love this website and glad I was able to find such great people that are helpful and supportive. If you have any question please feel free to ask me. I do feel a little better day by day. I don't have to take the pain pill as much and I'm putting ice on the places that are really bruised and swollen. I can't wait to see your pictures and results. Happy Sunday!!!
Its great to hear you're doing okay. I think we're in the same boat. I could not sleep either because I had to use the bathroom so much & most definitely Sore like none other. Hope things get better for you though. I go back to work Wednesday & i dont see that happening either Lol!!

Step by step

Everyday is a little different and feeling better slowly but surely. Still sore,bruised and swollen. The Vicodin pain pills I was taking religiously every 4hrs I will take maybe every 6/7hours depending on the pain. Still taking antibiotics. Oh I did take off my garment yesterday to bathe and by bathing I'm mean my mom filling up a brand new bucket with water, peroxide, and my hibiclens antibacterial soap with a clean rag and wiping me off. Then dressing my incisions with Neosporin. I felt a lot better but it felt weird being out of the compression garment. Which I can't be out of for more than 2 hrs. So my mom washed it for me got out all the drain stains and stuff thank god because it was dirty and it fit of course tighter than before. I pray and thank God everyday for his mercies and blessings.

Things I'm still having some issues with:
-nausea in long car rides
-gassy and still no bowel movement scared to take a laxative honestly.
-still need some assistance getting up and sitting down especially in the car but it gets better each time.
-feeling dehydrated (trying to drink a lot of water and Gatorade but it fills me up quickly)
-still taking a lot of naps
-lower back needs support with pillow or I will feel sharp pains

I didn't know some of my incisions had stitches so I've been being super careful not to rip them. The incisions are really small too my mom said.

Oh and I've been a little pampered princess and I always pray for my family but I've been extra grateful for them. They really turned up and showed out to help me :).
Not much to update just relaxing oh I did go for my second massage yesterday and it wasn't as bad as the first one I didn't cry that time lol.
did you get regular lipo or laser lipo done?
hi, I did smart lipo triplex
thanks, I'm truly thinking about doing this... your experience is a great help!

Back at work today :(

This has definitely been harder than I thought it was. I cannot stress how much the recovery is a day to day process. I think lipo is so painfulllll!!! I have my good days and bad days. Some day's I'm like YESSSSSS!!! I love my new body!! Then the rest of the days I'm like what the hell did I get myself into LORD! lol.
I still have a lot of bruising and swelling. I expected the swelling but the bruising not too much. I have been icing the bruises as much as I can. I've been using the Arnica cream starting yesterday so I will let you know how that is in a future update. My Arnica pills and Bromelain have not yet arrived. That was a long story with GNC.com so they are sending another shipment expedited.

I have officially stop taking the Vicodin and now taking the Tylenol and I am now driving and back at the 1st day of work. Its really uncomfortable thank goodness for everyone at work being concerned and helping me try and be as comfortable as possible. They also know that I will be dressing down for a few weeks.

I also had my 3rd massage yesterday, it was still hell and we have a love/hate relationship. It does help but damn it hurts and I have 2 more left.
The lady that does my massages says she feels that lipo is the worst to recover from. I literally detest the commercials now that make it seems like you will go and be up and about in a lunch break. WRONG!!!! I repeat do not believe them you will be sorry. I will also recommend that no one ever, ever, ever does so many areas (upper/lower abs, upper/lower back, flanks, inner thighs) like myself awake. I'm definitely happy I was under general anesthesia.

Well that's it for now. Hope everyone is healing well!! and Have a great day!
You look great though! Day by day everything will get better for us.
Thank you! I can't wait for that day lol.
Wow!!! I was definitely concerned about you going back to work. My big day is tomorrow! You have no idea how much your post help me because I most def feel as if Im not alone in this. We are going through the exact same things. The day before yesterday, I thought i was fast track back to recovery but yesterday, some type of burning, electrical type feeling shooting pains started on my flanks, now i feel like I have taken 4 steps back. I was told the Super B-complex vitamins are miracles for nerve repair so Im taking them 3 times a day. I really pray we both get through this & quickly cause YES, it is painful & a slow process. Just hang in there & take it as easy as you can. This too shall pass :-)

The Irony...yes I know TMI

So I've been trying to have a bowel movement for days because I was really concerned. They say you are suppose to have one 2-3days after well it's been a week. I wanted to take a laxative but the nurses at my PS said no it's too strong for you right now. So I did and just kept taking my Stool softner. As any other person you would like to go in the comfort of your own house.
Well I have a 9a massage today and maybe getting some stitches taken out and as I'm driving to my PS Which is 40 mins away from my house guess who finally has the urge to go?

Yep!
You guessed right me!
Lol luckily my PS has a clean bathroom and wipes because I sure enough had to go and couldn't hold it.

Well I'll leave it there but your girl feels a thousand times better and less concerned because lord knows I thought the end of the world was near lmao!!!!!
Hey Girl... I was just thinking about you and hope you're doing okay and healing well?
Hey honey!!! thanks for checking on me. I'm okay taking it day by day trying to get into the full swing of things. Classes are back in session from Spring Break so I'm back to my full load. But everything is healing well my incisions are pretty much healed still some swelling and bruising but I feel way better than last week lol. I hope all is well with you too! Thank you so much :)
Hahaha... Apart from what you've been carrying around literally, I hope you haven't been carrying a "bad attitude" at home :-) Happy to know that you feel lighter!

Just a quick little update

Hello Everybody!!!!!

I want to thank everyone who has been checking on me and wishing me well!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I am doing well healing and trying to be patient. I've been super busy and drained. Spring break is over so its back to work AND school. I had an exam today and overall Ive been a little stressed out about it. I found it hard to study and concentration 1. Being in this compression garment can get uncomfortable at times and I'm still swollen and have pain at times. So sitting for long periods of times can be a little irritating and distracting 2. This is a major surgery although some may deem it "elective" your body just wants to rest and recover.

Anywho on a positive note I have been doing a lot more things by myself now like:
-getting in and out of bed
-showering
-cooking
-getting in and out the car has become easier no more nauseous and painful car rides
-can bend down slight to pick up things I drop. Its amazing how clumsy you are when you are recovering everything just seem to drop lol
-I can take the compression garment on and off myself now

Things that are still difficult:
-I went grocery shopping over the weekend at first I was fine but after about 15mins I notice the swelling and pain started up. Thankfully I was with someone that allowed me to get through it but I was definitely sore and swollen at the end of the trip.
-cleaning the way I want too (can't really do much of that thank goodness for great help)

My body definitely lets me know when I have done too much and that its time to sit my butt down lol
-Bowel movements are still a little weird but it's been everyday so I guess thats good to get rid of waste and toxins.

-Which area hurts the most you ask?
a.upper/lower abs
b.upper/lower back
c. Flanks
d. Inner thighs

Correct answer is D. inner thighs with stomach coming in a close second lol. My legs are so swollen they look no different from my before pictures if anything they look larger. So I am just waiting to see how they look when the swelling went down. I'm really concerned because I am starting to feel little lumps here at there in my inner thighs (a huge one on the right) and some small ones here and there on my stomach. I know you are suppose to massage them but I'm not sure i'm doing it right. They say its normal its apart of the healing process and should go away but I'm nervous I will definitely talk to my PS on Saturday when I have another massage and follow up appt.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the way my belly looks. I swear by my lipo foam I love it and it really helps especially in the places my compression garment dents in.

A quick update turned long lol. I will add pictures I'm not quite 2 weeks yet but with my crazy schedule I wanted to add them.

Thank you!!!!
Your latest pictures look very good a big difference congrats.
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much I love the difference smart lipo and Dr. Careaga has made :)
Fabbbbbb

1 month already? lol

Heyyy RS! I hope everyone is well and healing okay.

As far as the update goes I am still very sore and swollen. The bruising has definitely gone down but still have some on my flanks. I really can't wait for it to go away completely and to get out of this compression garment but I also understand that it is needed right now. I honestly with as much research as I thought I had done. I didn't think I would still be recouping after a month I thought I would be 100% okay. So I am still coping with that.

I was originally in a large CG after my surgery I am now in a medium. They tired to get me in a small but ummm that didn't work lol that's too much of a size jump and your girl kinda have some hips, thighs, and a little bit too much booty to be squeezed up in that thing haha.

I have had a few lumps here and there but the massages help with that and most of them are gone or smaller than before. I had my last massage Saturday that just passed so I bought a handheld massager from Wal-mart to start doing myself.

My thighs and flanks (sides) are the worse. My thighs didn't really look the way I wanted them too I expected them to be smaller but I guess we will see in another month or so. I did get the okay just to walk on the tread mill but no ab work or high cardio it has to be very low impact. Which is okay with me right now because my body will yell and scream at me if I try to take on anymore than I can manage.

I have been doing some shopping, shame on me lol but I couldn't help it. I just keep seeing all the cute things I would like to wear when I get out of this damn compression garment. Things I couldn't imagine wearing before. The CG and I have a lovehate relationship. It feels weird when I don't have it on and the swelling will intensify.

I'm a little nervous that I won't be ready for my Puerto Rico trip in May I'm just praying that I will. I really want to enjoy it compression garment free lol.

1 month post

Just some update photos
Great body ! Don't get pregnant now that will suck! Also when you got the smart lipo did you get lipo sculpture as well?
Thank you!! Lol I definitely don't plan on being preggo anytime soon haha. And my PS has many different techniques he uses but I don't believe lipo sculpture is one that he is used on me.
oh ok and lipo sculpture is when he uses part of your body fat and makes "fake abs" that you can still work on them after the surgery to make them bigger so you don't have to work REALLY hard on getting the abs that you dream on getting one day. After your surgery you can still get liposculture for $1500. Cheack out evolutionmd.com the doctor is great and he specializes in Smart Lipo and Lipo Sculptures his results are amazing.

Feeling iffy at 6 weeks post op

Hi RS,
Idk I feel like I'm in a really stagnant stage of recovery. Not to much improvement idk if I was expecting a miracle to be healed at 6 weeks or something. My thighs are not as thin as I would like them to be for all that pain I wanted a little more results I guess we have to wait and see. I'm still in pain, and still have some swelling but not as much as originally. The skin feels super tight and certain positions feel like I am tearing my skin open. I do get sudden burst of pain that last for like 3-5 seconds in some lipo'd areas.

I'm thinking about waist training so if you have any good suggestions or what to purchase please comment. Also if anyone has any good ideas on a great scar cream please list those below too :)

Thank you!
I'll update again on Saturday after my visit with my PS. Have a good day everyone.
I think you look amazing! So question…do all smart lipo procedures need to followed up with regular massages?…to prevent lumpiness? Also…as for scar cream…I recommend scar tape. At least that what I used for my tummy tuck and then additional emergency surgical procedures I had to have. It's called Meptac Silicone scar tape and it's on Amazon for about $24 for like a 6 month supply (longer for you since your incisions are probably tiny). But what I love most about it is that it is flesh colored so it blends in, you can wear it for up to 10 days, get it wet, shower with it, etc…plus it's an additional barrier when you're out in the sun. Just cut however big or little strip you need. It's great!
Sorry…Mepitac*
If you go the scar tape route be sure to check it after the first day. I had previously used it and the scar turned Fire engine red, that was a year ago and still like that. Dr. Thought I might have been allergic, now to get rid of redness I will need laser treatments. Just a little warning, I know everyone is different. Good healing.

Small Update

I had an appt with the my PS last Saturday. Everything looks okay so far. When I hit 2 months in one more week. I can sleep without my compression garment at night and just wear it in the day time. At 3 months I stop wearing it. So I guess my CG is coming to Puerto Rico with me :(

I haven't been eating right, so I want to get back on track with that while balancing work, school, and now exams that are coming up. Still trying to make time to go to the gym more often.

Now here is the problem..My skin is really sensitive so some of bruising on my sides left stains at the surface per my PS. So I do have discoloring. I already knew signing up for Smart Lipo that this was one of the possibilities. I'm really sad about it, I was hoping that it would fade away but it was not the same as my other bruises that went away a long time ago. He did provide me a prescription for a cream called Tri-Luma which is very expensive. So it should help we will see I've only been using it for a few days. So I just hope and pray for the best.

Have a good day everyone.
You look great i mean just awesome
Thank you!!!!!! I appreciate that :)
Great results:) good luck on ur work out regimen. I at first wanted smart lipo but then decided to get BBL. I was anticipating that i might need one 5-10 years down the road lol.

Scar Therapy

Quick question what is everyone using for effective scar therapy these days?
I have been using the scar fx silicone strips recommend by the doctor. See my review it shows the progress, still using them at 4 months post op
Oh nice your scar is healing wonderfully!!! How do you use the strips? Just wear them to bed or how often do you apply?
I just wear them to bed, I gonna try to stick with them until my 6 month mark...try, lol!

3 month update!

Hello RS. It's been a while but a lot has been going on. Finished classes for the semester finally free for the summer whooooaaaaa!!! I went on a little vaca and just trying to enjoy life on the flat and healing side lol.

3 months checkup:
-Was Fri May 23rd. The doctor says everything looks well and he is healing nicely. He was amazed that I lost some weight after my surgery and says I look amazing :) yay me! lol. I now have his consent to fully work out and do abs no restrictions of just low impact cardio (treadmill/elliptical) of course I have to feel comfortable with it, because I'm still sore in my flanks area where the discoloring is.

Tri-Luma Cream:
-Is the name of the cream that I have been using that helping with the discoloring. I have been using it for little over a month and I have seen some major improvements but still have a ways to with it. So the doctor did provide another prescription since I will soon be out of it. He says I should use it until I get my desired results.

Gym:
I work out about 4 days a week, I have changed around my diet a lot and definitely cutting down portions. Just overall eating health! Before my surgery I was around 157 to 160 lbs, after I was down to 154 lbs and now I'm at 147 lbs. I think I will try to lose maybe about 5-7 more pounds. I am now trying to tone and sculpt. Yesterday I started 2 a day workouts (one in the morning and one at night) needless to say your girl is super sore today lol. Oh my waist is 28 inches and my hips are 39 inches.

Scar Control:
-I have been using Mederma and Palmer cocoa butter repair oil. Trying to lessen my stretch marks (which I had before the surgery) and also just tone and repair my overall skin and lighten dark marks. I will start the silicon strips soon so I will give update about that in the future.

My Body Overall:
-I still have some soreness here and there and the workouts do attribute to that. I have days my abs look crazy good then swollen days where my stomach just looks flat. Lol it's crazy but true. The doctor did tell me even up to 4 to 6 months I will still be seeing changes and the swelling will occur. It is a major surgery so in time I will heal. I don't plan on doing any other surgery but if someone asked me would I do it again I would all over. I do not have any regrets and I loved my doctor. I was really down about the bruising and discoloring but hey I knew that signing up for the procedure that it was a possibility but I'm glad there is a solution, costly but a solution none the less. I know some people think smart lipo is the easy way out but it is not. It's painful, it's a lot of hard work to keep up with, the healing process is emotionally and physically draining at some points. So I'm glad to have had realself be apart of my journey and all the wonderful encouragement out there. Thank you :)
How tall r u? Why I ask is that my measurements and weight reflect mine. I am 5'7" and went in at the same weight and now down to 147 and would like to get to 135-140#. U look marvelous. It does not look like u have any Inverness. Congrats girl!
5'6 and thank you!
Auto correct changed unevenness to Inverness. Sorry I did not proof read.

4 months Update

Hello Everyone! I'm here with my 4 months updates.

Body:
I'm still having some pain in my flanks and sometimes in my inner thighs. But it diminishes little by little everyday and of course it depends on the swelling that day or how hard I push with my workout. I try to avoid those hug that are really tight hugs because I would cry out lol. Overall still loving the results combined with my weight lost.

Gym:
I am still working out at the gym I have now started to incorporate those dvds (along with the gym) that I purchased and you can see those up in the picture section that I got prior to my surgery. I am down from 157 to 160 lbs to 142 lbs. with the surgery, working out, and eating healthy. I may lose about 2 more pounds and then just really focus on toning and strengthening and just maintaining my body.

Birth Control:
I did have to start on my birth control again about 2 months ago and I have been watching and monitoring my weight. As you know it was hard for me to lose the weight on birth control prior, i don't know if it was in my head or maybe I just wasn't as persistent as I am now or dedicated. But I am still losing weight on the birth control but I am definitely watching it and making sure I don't lose control of my healthy habits because I don't want to end up at square one again.

Tri-Luma:
I am still using it for the discoloration, definitely still seeing improvements and I will continue to use until I see fit. Hopefully another month and everything will be back to normal.

That's all for now!!! If I remember anything else I will update. Good luck to all of those who are still in the healing process and those who are just starting your journey I really hope this review helps. I have tired to be as transparent as possible with the good, the bad, the ugly, and indifferent lol. Positive energy sent out to you all!!!
You look fantastic! congrats!
thank you!!!!
you have def pushed me to consider this dr lol

6 months post new body lol

Heyyyyy Everybody!!! It's Bri lol incase you forgot lol. It's been forever since I have done an update. I hope everyone is well and healing great. I still do track the progress of people that helped me to make my final decision in this surgery and also those that's been around my review for a while so from time to time to I check to see how their progress is going and everyone seems so happy!!! So that's great.

My life (just in case you were interested lol you can skip if you want haha):
Has been really good and I feel blessed to be where I am today. It's always a journey to get where you are going. I've been traveling, there is a new boyfriend in the picture, started back school and my bday is coming up in a few 2 days #virgonation!!! A lot of things have been going on but that's life it is ever changing and ever growing/evolving. I am happy with my procedure and honestly, I would not change it for the world. I won't be doing anymore (electively, may if I have some kids in the future and need a tummy tuck maybe) lol but I don't regret it one bit hands down one of the best decisions I have made in my almost 25 years of life lol. It feels good to do something for yourself that you totally and completely want just for you. That takes a big risk, a big leap a faith, and a good mindset.

My Body:
Is doing good, i'm healing everyday. At 6 months yes you may still feel some pain. The healing process really does take up to a year remember you just had a major surgery, no matter how light and quick of a procedure they (whoever those actors and doctors that tell you, you will be at the mall the next day lol fyi I was flat on my bottom medicated up) make it seem. Random: Funny story I went to the dermatologist a few days and you know they like you to fill out the intake forms and it ask you have you had any surgeries previously, and I'm like do I write this down lol? How do I write it lol? Would the doctor really care? lol. I was just laughing at myself because usually I would just skip over that little section with a quick n/a. But I just listed it as smart lipo and kept it moving.
Where I feel the pain is in my flanks (sides) and my inner thighs and thats usually if I am squeezed too tight lol. But that's it nothing too too major. I still have so swelling days and days where my abs disappear but it's a work in progress.

Gym:
Ahhhhhh how do I start this section off? lol. Well I am still going to the gym and working out at home but since school started back a few weeks ago I haven't really been going. I am still trying to get back into a routine that will work out best for me that works around my job and school.
The weight lost was really good I finally had gotten down to about 140 lbs. GOALLLLLL!!!!! But I started to notice that my skin started to look a little saggy, my clothes got super big, and the dreadful butt starting to shrink lol. Remember I went from 157/160lbs to 140 lbs. So yeah it was a lot of weight and I really was happy but you have sometimes make alterations and remember you can be super skinny and out of shape. I decided that I wanted to gain about 4 to 5 lbs just to kind of even it out a little and of course I don't want to get too big again so about 145. I did slack for a little bit with my eating habits and I over indulged a lot! I had a trip to NJ in early August and my family is caribbean so it's either you are too skinny or too fat no in-between lol so their mission was to plump me up!!! lol....So getting the extra pounds was not that hard lol. But I needed to get back on track I would often look at my old pics to get me back on track and say never again....Caution to those that are trying to lose weight: have some cheat days!!!!!! It is imperative! I love everything they say is bad for you ice cream, pizza, cakes, candies, doughnuts you name it lol. Eating clean all the time with no little rewards in the middle and you finally get a taste of those goodies will send you overboard lol. I'm in the process of I definitely having to revamp my closet as well lol.
This week of going to the gym I am trying to push my body to new limits and yes it hurts dammit. I want to really tone up and defined so that is now my new goal.

Birth Control:
This seems to be going well so far still 4 months in now. Still definitely monitoring and watching my weight make sure nothing gets out of hand or out of control. I really feel like it was in my head now why I couldn't lose weight before on it lol.

Tri-Luma:
Okay I am going to be super honest with you guys. I ran out of the first tube a few months ago but you guys remember me mentioning how expensive it was $140 a tube. So I just maybe about 2 weeks ago was able to afford another with everything I had going on. Now it does work so I would not purchase it if it did not but I am absolutely ADAMANT about getting these dark marks from going away. So I will definitely keep updating about this.

Scar Control:
Honestly I haven't been doing anything with this either lol. However next week i plan to start these silicone strips and mederma again and I will update the results in a month stay tuned!!!

But yes this is it for now I will update if I maybe have forgotten anything and I will post some bday pictures too in a few days. Well wishes to everyone and Happy Labor Day!!

Ohh yeah

How could I forget!!! I started using this waist eraser from Ka'oir and I am using in my workouts now and trying to lose some inches on my waist I will review. I've had it for about 2 weeks and I really like it so far it, I sweat like crazy in the region I have it on and it's suppose to help burn extra calories around my belly.
Thanks doll and have a Happy Hump Wednesday! :0)
Thank you I will today is my bday!!! Yay me lol enjoy your hump day too!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You better celebrate chica. I am sending a lb of frosting on a cupcake with 1 candle,make a wish :) lol.

Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Outfit of the night :)
Great review girl. Thank you for your so detailed post. BTW you look amazing !
Thank you!!! glad I could help :) and good luck on your upcoming surgery!!!!
U look bangin!!! Lol i lovvv the whole outfit and ur hair too!! I bet u had everyone wanting to talk to u chica!! :)
Miami Plastic Surgeon

I absolutely love Dr. Careaga! He was awesome with me. He is at the up-most professional and so human at the same time. He listened to what I wanted and my concerns. He and his staff were so nice in answering my 100 and 1 questions lol. I am glad that I chose him to do my surgery and I wouldn't change a thing. Dr. Careaga took his time sculpting me and knows what a women should look like and how they are suppose to be portioned. I thank them for all their hard work!