Still Looking Around - Miami, FL

Helo, I am not new to this forum.I have been...

Helo,
I am not new to this forum.I have been contemplating rhinoplasty stories and procedures for almost a year now. Here in the UK, it is really difficult to find a surgeon experienced in Black/African nose. So I am thinking about going to the USA to get this done. Don't tell me about the cost, I know already that I will be proper broke after that.
Few months ago, I posted a question on here about what could be done to my nose and I got few responses from different doctors. Dr S.Oleh proposed to do some imaging for me. I was excited although I don't like most of the nose he did, I just wanted to see what my nose could possibly look like. Ugh! My reaction when I opened that email loool. He just confirmed that I was not going to him for this nose. I was looking parallely at the channel Foundhair on YT with DR Jeffrey Epstein. I am not in love with the man but I am in love with his job and the way he speaks, explains things; his overall attitude. I emailed his office and I have been chatting with his assistant who put me in contact with him. He did also a computer imaging based on my request which is a smaller nose... the same nose, but smaller. It took me some time to get used to what I saw on the computer imaging he did; I can only imagine what would happen when all this goes live. I will see if I can upload the pictures here so you guys can tell me what you think. I didn't book for a date with him because I didn't want to rush. I still needed to discuss it with some members of my family and my partner.
6 months later after my dissertation and my master degree in my pocket, Here I am again searching. I am thinking about getting my nostrils done differently. In my mail to Dr J Epstein I mentionned that I only wanted a smaller nose with reduced width and nostrils which he did. But I feel like I want my nostrils not as opened as they currently are...It seems that I want a complete change. ooouurrrgh am scared. My partner is OK with whatever I want which is encouraging and I am yet to decide. I want to get the surgery done in 2014 between June and August. Am yet to decide.

Don't know what to do.

Hi Realselfer, its 5am here and I am awake since 4am; trust me my nose woke me up. Nothing wrong with it now but I can't stop thinking about what I want exactly. Like I tol you I had 3 simulations done. The first one, I did not say what I wantes to the doctor and he did what he Thought my nose could look like(I look mad on the picture; it was very cold and there was no heater, Dont mind the ugly face lol
The second one I highlighted my problems area to the doctor and he came up wth the picture. I requested for a smaller version of my current nose. I liked this one better even though the nose looks very small for my face but it is just a simulation and remember, I have not met with the doctor yet so I velieve, if we met face to face, he will know how much he should reduce it
On the third one I asked is it was possible to reduce the nostrils further so they are not as exposed as they are now (currently I can put my thumb in my nose with no DIFFICULTY). I also realised that done the 2nd way, my tip might be more emphasized; but from the pictures, I can't see a change in the tip :(.
My partner is ok with the second and third puctures; he does not like the 1st one. I asked 2 of my friends, one like the second one better, the other one like the 1st one saying that the 2nd and 3rd one are only smaller versions of my current nose and if I want to get a rhino I should go for a complete change. And I said to myself, MJ nose was messed up because they wanted to change it completely and I want to believe its better not to do not too much for the 1st procedure, but just the necessary for the first time and if not satisfy, go back. Imagine if too much cartilage is taken off the first time, what is left in case you want a revision later? hum

Second simulation

The second one I highlighted my problems area to the doctor and he came up wth the picture. I requested for a smaller version of my current nose. I liked this one better even though the nose looks very small for my face but it is just a simulation and remember, I have not met with the doctor yet so I believe, if we met face to face, he will know how much he should reduce it

2nd simulation

oh I don't know how this thing works! it's either you delete everything or you keep updating

3rd simulation

This whole process is driving me a lil cray cray

thought about updating diff pictures

Some pics with make up n shadows on

more pictures

oh oh

Hello Realselfers, I received my graduation pictures yesterday and I was contemplating my nose and saying to myself "am gonna miss you" believe it or not. @the moment am 100% sure that I will get this procedure done even though I am taking my time deciding. For sure I want a smaller looking nose. If the 1/3 of my nose could be removed and refined I would be ok with it. I have a consultation on the 15th Dec with Dr Oelbrant; he works between Belgium and the UK. I read good reviews about him as well. I emailed him with pictures of lyself and he quggestee that we met to discuss about my goals. He also told me I will beed strut graft, alar base reduction and infrature. I Already knew that some bones will have to be broken... and its making me think about my recovery time. Preparing myself for that because from of the reviews, the recivery period iq basically a rollacoaster from ur nose looking funny to nice some days, going to the left or the right depending on the day/swelling and the work done. But I ask myself what could be worse dan my current nose? A piggy/MJ/lilkim/wendywilliam kinda nose

Consultations

holla! I saw Dr O. today. I was actually surprised when I first saw him because I thought he was the assistant to the surgeon lol. We got to te office, he took some pictures and he asked me "what do you want". It was a lil akward in the beginning but we got talking, he explained to me what he was going to do based on what I wanted. He also showed me some pictures of what he did before although he only showed me one picture of a black lady, I believe he knows what he was talking about. We had 50-60minutes consultation and I met his colleague with who he would do the surgery because my case is a "difficult" one (that's what he said)... On the other hand, he does not do computer imaging :s
Before Dr O., I had a skype consultation with Dr Michael Salzhauer. He is young and seems to have a lot of energy. He told me "I do similar cases every day"... 6mins conversation and that was it. Am tired I need to sleep. Will keep yu updated later. Sorry for the typos. *wink*

Thoughts and... more thoughts

Hey Realselfers, after my face to face talk with Dr. Oelbrant, I have been doing a lot of thinking. It is kinda real because there is a difference between online consultation or research and face to face discussion with a potential surgeon. On every forum where Black people seek ethnic rhinoplasty, you have the "seek for an experienced ethnic rhinoplasty surgeon". These surgeons did not come out from medical schools experienced; they needed to be in the real world, deal with real patients with ethnic features so they can try, perform and develop methods (conservative or not) in order to NOT give them the MJ/Operated look. With these being said, I think a great surgeon is a great surgeon; a surgeon that understands what his/her patient wants as long as it's realistic and doable and he/she can deliver it, it's great news. After my talk with Dr Oelbrant, I did and I am still doing a lot of thinking. I appreciate the fact that he took his time to explain to me what he was going to fo: infracture to reduce the width, alar base reduction and some tip work He also explained to me the effect of things; for example, if my nostrils are too reduced, my lips/mouth would appear bigger than it currently is. If he puts an implan on my tip to elevate it, my nostrils would be more this and that. In a way he convinced me. He only had one picture of a black lady to show me saying that a lot of blck pple are not getting surgery. I think it's here in the Europe where Black are sceptical; I also think those who get a procedure, go to other countries like Tunisia, Brazil and blablabla. He told me no computer imaging because it makes his work more difficult especially after the surgery. But I need to know what I may end up looking like right? Now I have 4 simulations, I like the first one by Dr epstein, If my future nose is closed to thatn I will be grateful. ha this is long text. I just felt that I need to write my thoughts somewhere.

Dr Michael S. simulation

Hello, I am uploading Dr Michael S. own simulation following our skype talk. I told him I wanted a smaller version of my nose and this is what he came up with. I can't take that much risks and pay that amount of money to have this nose. I guess he didnt take his time to do the simulation and used some "normal" software to do this, quoted me around $5000 and most importantly told me he does this king of surgery everyday and it's pretty easy for him. Well, I am not impressed and I keep looking for rhino.

Another skype consultation

I read a lot of reviews about Dr Kofi Boahene and many people recommended him to me. So I went on his website after reading about his work and seeing his before/after pictures work, I requested a consultation with him; obviously it was an online/skype consultation. I sent him some pictures, and he requested my skype ID and we set a day and time. I got online, he called and when I saw him, the smile on my face was WIDE! and my nose as well as you can imagine lol. He asked me what I like about my nose; I told him funny enough what I like is what I would like to change. My current nose gives me a character which I like but I think it's too big for my face. He asked me what I didnt like, and I just pulled of my best faces and he started laughing; I pointed out the nostrils, the width and the shape when I smile. So he explained to me his process, how he would reduce the width by braking the bones on the sides, work on the tip and bring the nostrils in from inside. We chatted about other stuff like how my friends and family are reacting to this; other stuff like job and school. He also told me he receives many patients from the UK and the different possibilities which are: 1st option: You go to the US, you arrange a consultation lets say on a tuesday, after you may decide to go with or without the procedure; if you want it, you pay on wednesday or thursday and have your surgery on the friday. 2nd option: You go to the US for a consultation, you go back to your place and arrange for a surgery if you want it, you pay the deposit, you choose a date, 3 weeks before surgery, you complete the payment while preparing for your trip and surgery.
I really liked him and I believe "we bonded" hahaha; I want to believe his friendly nature helps him a lot in connecting with people because I can't see one bad review from him online. I showed him pictures of a simulation posted before that I really like and he said, it's possible to do it. He quoted the procedure around $8000 which will go up next year unless I do my deposit before next year.
I have stopped my research now. I am tired. Will resume after the festives. MErry Christmas Realselfers and Happy New Year 2014.

Reading reviews and looking at pictures

Hey Realselfers, I hope you are doing just great. For those who had their procedures in the beginning of thevyear I hope your recovery is going on well; and for those whose surgeries are in the next coming weeks I hope you are not anxious. Nothing much from my side. I got the chance to speak with Gemcateyes who had her surgery with Dr Oelbrant yesterday and obviouqly we talked about noses for 30mins lol. I am taking a break from searching a surgeon as I think I have found one already. So bored this sunday morning and I decided to do a collage of my nose pictures I took yesterday. I LOVE THIS NOSE but I would love it more reduced lol. Enjoy

Still with the same nose

Hey guys,
I have not been around for a while ut I keep checking people's updates on here. I stopped reading for a while because I believe by reading lots of stories it's kind of push you to make the decision to go with the surgery. I also realised that I want to have this job for "fantasy". Yes I want a trimmed nose but... does my nose affects my confidence? Not really; I actually don't think so. But yet!!! when I take some pictures, I am like... why this nostril is taking all the space? haha. Don't mind my hair on this picture, I was trying my self made wig on the braids I have on... I like this nose... but YET! I want it slimmer.
I also posted a picture of my younger sister nose. I want to believe we have the same characteristics YET her NOSE and NOSTRILS are way smaller than what I got (wonder of nature am fuuuming lol)
I am going through some lil difficulties now (but not financial tho) once I sort them out, I will decide if am travelling to Belgium or not... Dr Oelbrant still on my mind.
On this nore, thanks to every one who sent me direct messages to find out how I was doing and ask me questions about surgeries and all that. We are FAMILYYY!!

I like to hear that you like and love your nose. I think you have plenty of reasons to be proud of your nose as it is, yes, including your wide nostrils. They give you a unique strong look with which you can distinguish yourself from the whites as well as from other blacks. I think black women mustn't want to look more like the whites by having their noses reduced. but be aware of the strengths of the 'black design'. So I'd say, wear your nose on its full width with self-confidence and show it with pride to other girls and women around you, black or white and possibly with slimmer noses, as your way to express your strength.
You are lovely! I don't know if you've continued your research, or if you've settled on a surgeon. But, they won't have much work to do!!! :-) You are already pretty and the changes in your nose will just bring everything together, they way you want. I can't wait you follow your journey. When do you think you will be taking the "big leap"?
By the way, I used Dr. Boahene and I've posted my review in my profile.
End of this year for my surgery; I want to have it done before my wedding God's willing. All of them doctors said except for Dr Oleh and the other joker that the main work would be my tip reduction. Got to check your review
Heyaa! Hope you've been doing well? :3 How's your hardcore research been going? I lost my phone, incase you've contacted me since ^ ^;
Hey sweety I was wondering where you've been to!!! Lemme check your updates!
I really think your beautiful I love your before picture rather then the simulation. But I completely understand how you feel being that I was once in your shoes. So if getting a rhinoplasty will make you happy I say go for it and make sure you do a full investigation on whats to take place for your surgery and healing process
Thanks boo. Am yet to decide if I want to go through it. I forgot about it for many months but am back here lol. How are you?
I feel Dr. Epstein also does a great job with ethnic noses ad that's his specialty also. Lol! I like how you stated he is pleasant to the eyes. I agree with that. He seems so easy going and he has a excellent staff. I live in the states and I have considered going to him myself.
Exactly. He has given me th most expensive quote among all the surgeons I consulted with
May I ask what is quote was? Well he is like an expert and a well known surgeon who can do that. Also he is located in an area where plastic surgery is the norm.
$9600. When converted in pounds its almost nothing. But hey am not complaining. He made a good reputation for himself he is talented and he can charge extra for being a good looking surgeon lol.
Your so right about that. Will you travel to the states for surgery or still thinking about it? I'm up late doing research. It's so important to pick a good surgeon cause the thought of ending up with a Latoya nose is worst than a nightmare come through. Dr Epstein price maybe higher than the average but with him I feel there would be non possibility of revision surgery. I'm so scared that could happen since rhinoplasty is so complex.
My dear I have been researching for more than a year already. I feel that I can do this this year in June if I sort out all the little things I need to do.I got a 3500pounds quite from a good Belgian surgeon here but he doesnt have a lot of experiences with black noses and I dont want to be his guinea pig. But I dont doubt his skills seriously. Everything he said he would do to ly nose us what Epstein and Boahene explained to me. At the same time he doesnt do computer imaging which is a bit weird ti me becauqe I believe we should be on the same page. If everything works out the way I plan, I will be in the US between June and July for the surgery. Have you looked at Dr Kofi? What I like about him is the fact that he is conservative and like I always a lil change is always better than a drastic one that cant be reversed in case sth negative happens
Sorry for the typos. This touchscreen story is too small for my fingers lol
I would not advise you to be the guinea pig either but I heard from a surgeon every nose is ethnic cause it's different. However it all depends on what you specifically want too. I haven't consulted with dr kofi boahne but I've read excellent reviews on here about him. I really like dr David whiteman who is the surgeon that did nene's nose job. He didn't do computer imaging either but before I even told him what I wanted he already had great suggestions. He took my picture and he told me exactly what he would do. I really like his suggestions. I also like dr Epstein suggestions too. But dr whiteman is also familiar with ethnic noses. I'm looking for more of a change but not too drastic. I have two more weeks before I decide and then I will be setting a date to have surgery in march
I dont like nene' nose funny enough. I liked it at first but when I watch RHOA there is this thing that I dont really like. Maybe the very high and bulbous tip? I like ur current nose. I dont know how it sits with the rest of your face but I believe any of those doctors will make a good use of it. What are ur diff quotes?
Was lovely talking to you! Good luck. :D
I'm going with Dr Boahene, hoping to have my rhinoplasty early May so I'm excited. I have a consultation on Wednesday via Skype as I live in London. Hope it all goes well with you :-)
I will inbox you now sis
Have u looked at dr ghvami in beverly hills? He does beautiful ethnic noses. If you look him up on youtube he takes you through the whole pre op/during surgery/ and post op with some of his patients.
Have you looked at his crazy prices?? looool I saw his before/after pictures but I dont know I dont feel him
Lol no i dont know his prices but since hes in beverly hills im sure its high. Good luck on ur search!
I have been looking at him also.
Dr Kofi Boahene has a online reputation for being very skilled and caring. Some have described his approach as being conservative. I think you will be in good hands with him.