My Breast Reduction and Lift Procedure - Miami, FL

Hello everyone I had my procedure done on Friday...

Hello everyone

I had my procedure done on Friday and I am in pain. My doctor had me stay in the hospital for a day I got home on yesterday. I am so happy that I read a lot of your reviews it helped me out a lot. I am very uncomfortable at home the bed at the hospital was great but I'm trying to make due. I have a question if anyone can answer. How did you shower? My boyfriend took me one yesterday but I was bleeding. How often should I take a shower?

I have a lot of swelling. I was a 32G hopefully when the swelling goes down I be a small C.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

Usually you dont shower til 3 or4 th day post op but i did it with my back to the water but no bleeding .....it just made me nauseated
I showered carefully with my back to the water. I had a hard time keeping my boobs dry, so I would use the blowdryer afterward. I am 4 weeks post op, and I still use the blowdryer.
Ok thanks hallyluhooper...my boyfriend did tell me to use the blow dryer. . Lol
Smart man! Haha
I didn't take a shower for 5 days after. Instead the person taking care of me gave a sink bath--rubbed me down with a wash cloth. I washed my private area. No water touched my boobs until after doc visit #1. When I finally did shower I used a handheld shower head. Worth the investment.
Oh ok thanks janeeka...I did have my boyfriend shower me nut just that one time. I will just wash up at the sink till I go visit my doctor on Wednesday. Also did any one let there breast get air? Like take off everything and just lay there for a while? I'm asking because it looks like my right breast looks irritated. I put a clean rag with warm water to clean the area.
Small C sounds nice. Hope you feel better. Congratulations! I have 10 days more til my BR. Do you know how much was removed? How did you tell your PS the size you preferred? Did you look at after pics and show or tell him what you wanted for final size? or did he decide for your proportions? Or was it determined by insurance minimum? My first and only consultation he just measured and pointed to where my nips should go, rather than dangling down toward my bellybutton. He said he would answer all my question on the next consultation, but that is not til the day before the procedure. I just wasn't sure how the goal was determined.
Oh no...Google bilateral breast reduction and look at pictures see which one looks like your breast now and show him where you want to be. ..my doctor ask me if I want to wear a bra or braless I told him no bra I just want to wear a bra to work. ...lol so you tell him what you want don't let him tell. I don't know how much he took out but I love the size. They are still very swollen right now but I can see where they will be. You do all the determination. .DO NOT LET HIM...GOOD LUCK!
Neeneenee, Your doctor sounds like mine. He asked me if I want to be big or small, lol. He would never give me a letter size. My first shower was Friday and I am 18 days post op today. I took a bath the third day. Well I sat in water below my waist while my husband rubbed me down everywhere but my chest area. My doctor was adamant about not getting my incisions wet at all. After the third day, I just had him was me from the sink until this past Friday.
Thank you, I will look at pics.
Oh ok blessed6xsover I just washed myself up at the sink I got scared when I took that one shower my first night home. Can someone tell me how long before the surgical tape came off underneath the breast? When I clean myself I just tap the warm rag under my breast.
Yes blessed6xsover my doctor was cool I'm happy he let me tell him what I want.
My PS took off the original tape at 2 weeks, and replaced it with new tape. I removed the new tape at 3 weeks post op.