Six Months Front Braces Before Invisalign / 40 Yr's Old - Miami, FL

Orthodontist says I need braces on front six...

Orthodontist says I need braces on front six before Invisalign. My top lateral incisor is blocking my bottom jaw from resting a bit more forward, so I'm thinking my overbite is not going to be too bad when it's all said and done (I hope). I would like to expand both arches and straighten my teeth without any extractions. I know I'm in for a long journey, but when it's all said and done I hope I can smile with confidence. For once in my life.

Hello and welcome to our community!  I read your exchange with adam1995 as well, and I understand and sympathize with your concern.  My husband went with Damon to avoid surgery and he is very pleased with his results.  The results are less dramatic than with surgery (he still has rather v-shaped arches) but it's also less risk and pain.  I think that if you're willing to go with the flow--switch treatment modalities from one to another if things aren't working, then you have nothing to fear.  Damon and Invisalign are about the same price.  If you trust your orthodontist to be doing what's best for you, then you will trust that they will offer a different treatment modality if what they're doing isn't working.  Have you discussed whether alterations to the treatment plan are included in your overall price?  If, for example, after the six months of Damon, your provider feels that continuing in Damon would be preferable, do they know that you'd be completely amenable to that, and that you're willing to do whatever in order to get your teeth into shape?  A lot of people are not, and are most concerned that they only stay in Invisalign.

I think you should choose the provider you trust, then trust them, and communicate with them well.  As long as you know and are fine with that the treatment will be long and might not end up consisting of the parts you're originally told, I can't see how you'd go wrong :D.
Congratulations, and welcome aboard !!! Very exciting.
Honestly yes and no, I'm still not sure if I have chosen the right path Invisalign or Damon. My main concern was not having to get any extractions, or surgery to bring my bottom jaw out. I was really considering Damon before, but somehow all the Orthodontists I have seen all recommended Invisalign. I don't know if it just a money thing, or if this is really what they feel is best for me. As mentioned I'm wanting to expand my upper arch, which I've read Damon braces can do better than Invisalign. It seems that every orthodontist I have seen has a different plan. This really has gotten feeling a bit down and hesitant to proceed with treatment. I only have about a week left before I decide to go with the recommendation of the six month Damon on the front six, and then move on to the Invisalign. One thing that kinda makes me believe in the Orthodontist I'm working with now, is that she said the Damon braces will be given to me for free. She insist on moving my top lateral incisor first, she said that the Damons will be able to do this in 6 months, and it will be better this way in the long run. I just not sure how to feel right now, I am excited but extremely worried of choosing the wrong treatment plan. Invisalign for me is not about them being aesthetically more pleasing, I really don't care about this. All I'm wanting is the best treatment plan for a case such as mine. Maybe I should change my profile name to Lost&Confused.
Maybe you can ask your ortho for before & after pictures of previous patients who had your similar situation. I am using the same orthodontist that my brother in law and nephew used, plus he is an Invisalign elite premier provider. Good luck !