MMakeover: miniTT, BL&BA, lipo sculpting

The latest Axe commercial targeted toward men...

The latest Axe commercial targeted toward men wanting to smell/look good for women is right: Women are getting hotter. . . including women with children.

Modern-day-Mommies--especially those in Los Angeles, Manhattan, Miami, or anywhere else they have/will have RealHousewives--are an entirely new breed of Moms. These are not my mom's generation of moms. Today's Moms are MILFs.

After seeing the results of amazing mommy makeovers at my sons' schools and among my network of friends, I have *finally* decided to restore my post-babies/post-breastfeeding body to its 'dating-phase' physique.

When my husband first met me, I was firm and petite (5'3, 110lbs) with perky 32DDs. I had an hourglass figure (waist was 10" smaller than both my breasts and hips). My husband was a very happy camper. And then the babies came...

Here's the equation:
Gained approx 70lbs per pregnancy
+ breastfed babies for 1+yr
= 90yr old wrinkled, saggy tummy skin and totally deflated C-cup, rocks-in-tube-socks breasts.

Consulted w 3 surgeons: Beverly Hills surgeon to A-listers; TV-celebrity surgeon; and Dr. Craft, who came **highly** recommended by a friend.

I chose Dr. Craft.

...Will post more later... Mommy-duty calls. . .

Week of Surgery=Doubts, Anxiety, Fears...and Pre-Surgery-Regret?

My husband tries to be super sweet by **insisting** I not clean during the weekend. He also insists he cooks at least breakfast and sometimes more.
Not to sound miserable and ungrateful--I absolutely appreciate the sentiment--but (cringe) the Monday-aftermath is torture (splattered grease, burnt-cooktop, piles of pots/pans/dishes, etc).
After only **2-days** of him being "Mommy's Helper", it takes me **hours** to just clean the kitchen. There are also loads of post-weekend pool/beach towels/clothes/swimsuits; and 3:4 bathrooms *implode* (no joke) after our weekend pool/beach/park outing.

Our home is going to be destroyed by the time I recover!
....but that's the Easy-Mac-and-Cheese fear...
The other fears are full-blown Boogie Monsters lurking in the dark corners of my thoughts.
My top Monster Fears:
1.) What if I become the 'scary statistic'? The idea of dying while my kids are still in elementary school makes me sick to my stomach with guilt and physically ill.

Pre-Surgery Photo

Choosing the RIGHT PS and Facility makes all the difference!!!

I am so thankful I chose to have my MM with Dr. Craft.
Dr. Craft was very honest. He didn't sell-me/tell-me what I wanted to hear; instead he explained to me what I needed to understand. Initially, I had wanted a full TT with a new belly button and a breast lift that incorporated a lift of upper stomach skin. He explained why I was not a good candidate for a full TT (not enough skin). He also drew pictures of the scars I would have if I elected the services I thought I wanted. Due to lack of skin, I would have had a new belly button and just a bit below the new button would be a vertical scar where the old bb was sealed. No thank you! As for pulling my upper tummy skin into the breast lift: The scar would extend beyond the base curve of my breast and be noticeable. Again, No thank you!
As I mentioned, I had three PS consults for my MM. Both Dr. Craft and another PS had made the same observations (scars/procedures). The 3rd surgeon didn't mention any potential issues.

The day of Surgery, Dr. Craft was caring and calming. He stood me in front of him as he used my body as a blank canvas for his art. I could tell from the way he scrutinized each angle, line, curve, section of my form, that he was extremely detail oriented and wanted to achieve symmetry.

When surgery was over, I felt pretty groggy; but not nauseous. Dr. Craft's practice thinks of everything! They had me take an anti-nausea pill before surgery. They also pumped antibiotics through my IV so I only need 1wk of antibiotics post surgery. During surgery they placed my legs and feet into a massaging/circulation stimulation boot, eliminating the need for compression socks post-surgery. After both my c-sections, my ankles and feet swelled enormously, but Dr. Craft's special leggings and boots magically kept my lower limbs perfectly lean and bony!
Another huge bonus about Dr. Craft's practice: His surgical center does everything in-house (blood work, lab-work, heart monitoring, surgery, etc) **AND** at a Four Seasons Hotel. So, once surgery was over, the nurse rolled me through discrete back hallways/elevators to my overnight room at The Four Seasons.
I hired a private nurse to take care of me for the first 24 hrs. Four Seasons sent me post-op fruit amenity of pineapples and papayas. It was an easy night. Not a lot of pain/discomfort (thanks to prescription pain meds, sleeping pill and nurse assistance). Didn't have much of an appetite, but husband brought me sushi rice and salmon sashimi, which both he and the nurse encouraged me to eat.
The following day, Dr. Craft came to my room to go over my initial surgery results. I cannot imagine how awful it must be for women to drive home the same day as surgery, and then drive back to the Dr. office the next day/two!
Dr. Craft inspected all the incisions and thoroughly addressed any questions I had. He took his time with me and was in no rush to leave. What an amazing Dr.!!
My husband and I left Four Seasons and I was back at home in bed with my kids around me.
Had my surgery Friday AM. Saturday, the day after surgery was rough, but Sunday was the worst. My underarms felt like they were ripping. It was crazy-intense upper body pain. Today, Monday, everything feels much better. I am still swollen, but feeling good.
Upon my nurse's suggestion, I bought cases of Coconut water with pineapple for post-op. It has kept me hydrated and feeling great! Highly recommend Dr. Craft and his incredible staff/facility!!!

3Days Post Op Photos

5Days Post Op

Within the first week of surgery, Dr. Craft will have seen me 3 times! Yesterday was my second post-surgery follow-up. Feel so grateful to have chosen such a thorough surgeon!
The pain was minimal yesterday, so today, I've decided to skip the pain/muscle prescriptions. Hoping this will help get my "system" moving... Haven't had a bm since Thursday before surgery. Dr. explained that heavy pain meds can basically paralyze the bowel movement mechanisms. Honestly, not too worried since I've had BM issues ever since I became a Mom. ;)
Not sure this was a good idea, but ... this morning, I was able to do dishes and lightly clean kitchen.

Healing Progress: still some noticeable swelling around my upper flanks (on the sides of my breasts), puffy stomach, and discomfort where I had lipo-sculpting.
My belly button looks elongated and flattened from the compression garment. Dr. Craft recommended a marble to be placed in button cave to help form a better shape--have yet to find a marble. :( He also added a foam layer between garment and stomach (perhaps to apply more pressure and get thinner/tighter results.)
My left nipple has sensation and feeling, but my right nipple is still numb.
My appetite which had been blessedly light the last few days has begun to return. :(
My scale says I've gained weight despite hardly eating...hoping it's mostly fluids (am still pretty swollen in certain areas).
Will post more pics later!

7days PO... Shoulda' listened...

Today was supposed to be a big day for me: 1wk post-surgery check-up.
I was very excited (no more drain!) Yay me!!! Except (wah-wah-wah-waaaaaaah), I haven't been taking it easy. I've been cooking (snacks, baking, dinner, etc), cleaning (dishes, kitchen, dusting, making beds), being a mom (homework/bath/bed routine, breaking-up squabbles, etc.) and up (albeit hunched-over) all day.
So here it is: The drain was not removed. In fact, I am draining more blood (vs. fluid) than I was the first few days post-op...so, I still have the drain. . . Instead of moving to the next phase of recovery, I was sent home to essentially start-over. My activity sentenced me to a longer recovery.
So why didn't I listen and rest more? Because I felt/feel guilty. Why should my family suffer because of my vanity?
Sigh. Now they're going to suffer even longer. Hoping my mistake helps others.

Drain Scare: Drain suddenly went from fluids to blood..lots of blood

Immediately after surgery, I had some drainage. Not much, in fact, the PS thought I would be an early drain removal candidate.
A few days later, the drainage was minimal and mostly fluids (a yellowish-clearish color).
After a couple days of too much activity, my drain (which had to remain attached longer than expected), filled with dark red blood. . . and it filled quickly!
Yesterday morning, I woke-up to a full drain of dark blood. I immediately emptied it and then watched in horror as it began to refill much faster than it had ever drained. Of course, I called every emergency # given to me by my PS.
After careful monitoring and ***full bed-rest*** (absolutely no moving, except bathroom breaks), it slowed down. While the drain is no longer filling at an alarming rate, it is still ox-blood-red.

11days post MM op

11days post op (part II)

Finally(!) had drain removed and am allowed to drive/resume most daily activities (including my wine at dinner)!!!!!! Wahoooooo!! Feel amazing!!!!

What a Difference 2wks Make

It's been 2wks since my MM. PS removed some of the post-op tape, and now I can see my scars.
I am impressed!
My c-section scars were horrible. It was explained that the c-section's ugly, bulging, noticeably raised red scarring was due to my skin's tendency to keloid. I assumed that my MM would leave me looking like Frankenstein. Amazingly, after only 2 wks, my scars look the way my c-section scar looked after YEARS of healing! AND(!) bonus, my PS said the scars would likely fade to barely noticeable. I wanted to kiss him! Very surprised and thrilled!

2wks post MM side view

3weeks post-surgery

3wks post surgery. According to scale, gained several lbs. :(
Am unusually swollen.
Do you swell more after surgery? Or does salt affect you more after surgery? Or maybe this is PMS?
Miami Institute

Dr. Craft, Miami Institute, Four Seasons Hotel and Tower, 305.624.0009 They are efficient experts at Mommy Makeovers/Plastic Surgeries! All pre-qualifying exams/blood-work is done in-house; specialized equipment/processes to minimize post-surgical complications/discomfort (swelling, bruising, prolonged use of prescriptions, etc.); and you recover overnight in Four Seasons post-surgery! Day-after, the surgeon comes to you(!) in your hotel room.