Abnormal Scarring - Miami, FL

I feel that my scarring is abnormal and my belly...

I feel that my scarring is abnormal and my belly button is not centered. I am 17 days post op and completely not happy with the procedure or the healing. The upper part of my abdomen is completely swollen and abnormal looking. I am very unhappy with my results so far. There is also a small patch of white skin in the middle of the scar that is not drying up or seems to be healing.

Swelling not much better

So I am 5 weeks and 2 days post op and my swelling is not much better. My breast lift looks good on one breast and the other is already sagging. I am completely annoyed. I am going to have to pay another doctor to fix everything that should have been done right the first time!

I'm so happy to see that you look much better than you did previously...
Thank you. I'm hoping it continues to get better from here!
I had a full tummy tuck done by Dr. Richard Lung in Miami. He is a great Dr. With lots of experience. I think I may just be freaking out a lityle too soon. I keeo hearing that this is totally normal healing. I am going to be patient and just wait for the 6 months to pass. My body usually heals very well from scapes and cuts and such so I am hoping for the best.
Hiya, you will probably find lots of other people on here who were not happy in the early days (this is a very invasive operation) and the weeks later are as happy as can be :) Try not to worry to much, we all heal differently and our bodies are all VERY different! I didn't do anything in prep for my MM other than stop smoking a few months before. SOME people who have commented should be careful what they say (it can be upsetting) also anyone who has NOT had op done yet .... 'you have absolutely no idea' haha! Good luck with you healing and look after yourself :)
Sweetie, I would talk to your dr if u r not happy. Definitely u r early and there is lots of swelling. I also live in Miami. Who was your dr?
did you do a full tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck? IM 24 days PO tt and ba and my tt incision is really low and I have one spot that is not fully healed also. I did have a mini revision it two weeks and get my stitches out tomorrow. I feel you should talk to your surgeon about your outcome in your feelings, as each surgeon does things differently, so your outcome will be different from others. I'm going to try to go back and look at your before pictures, and compared to your after. most surgeons make it very clear that plastic surgery is not perfection it's an improvement.... I hope you find some love for you new body and you and your surgeon can make things right for you. good luck keep us posted
I have not done my surgery yet,I am still researching my options I have chosen my Dr I am now prepping my self for the proceedure. My work will be done in one year,I feel that I need to get physically and mentally in shape as i said this is not the purchase of coach shoes this is my body and soul when you have surgery if the reason is not medical it is for our need to be beautiful and there is nothing wrong with you wanting to look your best first impression is a lasting affect we do not go out and choose a mate that we do not have a attraction to, self esteem is greatly needed in our life style today so I felt that when I decided to get the mommy make over I needed to make over my body and soul for best results prepping my skin my addidutide life style my faith and loving my self the way I am I will be doing this because I have a bone diese in my back and left knee I have always had a nice shape for the last five years my body suffered with pain I stopped walking and had to retire my job I went thru depression for five years feeling sorry for myself so I have accepted what life has given me life so I had to pick my self esteem up so what I got bigger I had to accept that so I have and now I am in my last year of prep I have found my Dr but I need to relove me the way I am I have did it now I am on my way

I'm sorry you're not happy with your incision right now...it is still pretty early days and I'm sure you're quite swollen, but definitely discuss this with your surgeon as it clearly bothers you a lot. Part of what we pay them for is follow up care.

There are scar treatments that can be done after the fact as well, if need be.

Please keep us posted. Oh, and did you get breast work done as well? If not, your story might be better off in the Tummy Tuck community. Let me know via personal message if you'd like me to switch it.

Trust your own judgement. It's you're body! You should definitely seek expert opinions regarding your recent surgery.
As I said, every incision scars differently. My wife's looked angry and bumpy, now I can't feel it as my hand moves over her abdomen with my eyes closed. She did use silicon sheets on her incision but the scar must be closed and dry - and rushing that treatment will not make the scar resolve any faster. Patience and breathing, jlove222.
Thank for you all for your kinds words and encouragement.
Your right money is not always a factor but lot of time it is .At any rate right now there's isn't much to do bc it is so early on and it does take months to completely heal so you'll have to wait it out see how you do before you consider anything else. If your dr is reputable and seems very experienced I'm sure hell know how to further guide you.I was just trying to relay my experience just so you have what to compare to . Best of luck and happy healing
I had a tummy tuck with tightening of the muscles and a hernia repair. They also did lipo to sculpt in my sides so the tummy tuck would not look like I had a tummy tuck.
From my wife's experience, do not be discouraged yet. 17 days is so early in your healing and swelling may distort things for easily 4 months. That is especially true with your incision. Each woman heals at different rates, every incision looks and heals at different speed. Regarding the price you paid, can you describe the procedure you had. Tummy tuck with muscle repair? Or less? Or more? Keep laying down and getting your feet raised above the level of your heart, drink as much water as you can, take weekly pictures (but don't obsess on them, just store them away so you can look back in 4 - 6 months to see your progress. Stay in close touch with your surgeon and give this time to calm down and heal.
You pay for what I am sorry to see your results what did you do to prep yourself for your surgery the doc I want cost twenty four thousand he did two week per with vitimans he also do his cut well below the belly button you do not start the surgery way up on the fat pare of the belly you go under to remove the fat he also build a wast line if you do not have one again I am sorry and pray that you heel properly Divasdiamon missnoit1960@gmail.com
I did not do anything to prep for surgery other than not drinking a week in advance and not eating after midnight the night before. I followed the usual procedures.
Hi I'd have to agree with divas diamond I just underwent exactly 21 days ago TT breast lift with aug and some lipo I paid 25000 and change my scar is hardly visible and waaaaay below belly button I do howeever have swelling which is expected but really bellow my bb not upper abdomen. I do hope u heal well and get better results as u do. To me it doesn't look right I'm a PA therefore have extensive medical training and experienceas well. I hope u did a good background check and checked all credentials of u r dr b4 you selected him. I wish you best of luck I hope this is helpful in some way .Any question feel free to ask.
Well this is divasdiamond maybe you would not mind giving sugestions to mommy make over candidates, this is not a date or pair of coach shoes this is your body.We do not change the things we like or love,we change them to what the were or what we did not have. Twenty to thirty thousand dollars may be a Lot to some and maybe not most but for me I have to save the money I am taking back what was mine before my beautiful children only regreat I have is my shape is not the same.The voice and option of someone as your self would be helpful and also a blessing
Well I went and had a surgical lymphatic massage today and I was told it was just swelling and fluid and that everyone's body reacts differently. I was told to give it at least 3 months before I get upset about the scarring and that the swelling will go down significantly if I drink 8 oz. of water every hour and have lymphatic massages every 3 days. I researched the Dr. thoroughly and he has great references and has been in practice for 36 years. I think plastic surgery in Miami is cheaper because it is a very competitive market. I don't think the price determined the outcome. I see other women on here from Miami who have amazing tummy tucks and they paid the same price I paid. I am going to wait the 3 months and hope for the best if not I will have to do some sort of revision. I don't see how I could have prevented this....I thought I did everything right!