37 Year Old Mother of 2 - Miami, FL

I am so confused as to which doctor to choose, I...

I am so confused as to which doctor to choose, I think Dr Salzhauer is the one but I'm already freaking out!! I'm hoping to get a TT, BA and tons of Lipo.
Besides being confused about the doctor I am also feeling guilty about spending so much money on myself when there are so many other things my family can spend the money on.

My first consolation was with Dr. Sean Simon and while I really like him I have found more feedback/reviews on Salzhauer. Most of his reviews are amazing and once I reach my goal of 170lbs I will have my first consultation with him. I will continue to research but I hoping to have surgery no later that summer 2015.

I'm still confused!!!

My co-worker and I have been on the SX train for what seems like forever. Honestly I’ve been wanting surgery since I was in my early 20’s, so well over a decade. I knew I wanted to be certain I was done having kids before I really thought about SX but I also knew it would be costly and well I’ve always lived pay check to paycheck. My other huge concern was finding a doctor I trusted to do the surgery. I haven’t met Salzhauer but I have messaged him and he has been super nice and my co-worker is scheduled to have SX with him in September so I’ve gotten tons of feedback from her. I am evening planning on going with her to her pre-op appt. So basically two out of my three concerns are covered but now there is the money issue. This SX is freakin expensive and I have kids and My husband and I need new cars and my oldest is 15 and will want a car next year, plus I really should be saving my pennies to buy a house! All of these money concerns keep making me think I’m just being selfish!!! Ugh!!! In the end I really really REALLY WANT THIS!!!!!
So now I am considering SX in DR. I have seen tons of RS girls travel to DR for SX and they look amazing!!!!!!! Currently Almonte is my favorite DR doctor and I even got a quote from her a couple of weeks ago, basically I would be saving 40% to 50% by traveling to DR. Traveling to DR brings up other complications like being away from the family for 10 to 12 days and leaving my husband with the burden of house and home not to mention traveling while still sore and beat up from surgery will be a b*&%$ and well it’s just plain scary to travel outside the US for SX!!!
Why can’t I just win the lotto!!!!!

I will be following your journey... All the Blessings:)
Thank you mama!! And I'll definitely be following yours!!!
I relate to you so much as far as feeling selfish for spending money on surgery when it can go toward so many other things. I know a lot of people go to DR or other overseas locations because of the price difference but the peace of mind in having a local doctor is also something to keep in mind, just my 2 cents :) Best of luck to you in finding the right doctor.
Thank you !! and I agree 100%, at first I was trying to convince my hubby yo let me go to DR but now I think I've convinced myself to stay local!! Now its time to budget!!! lol
I hope you find the right ps for your sx. I will be following your journey Best Wishes.
Thank you so much! I think I'm going with Baez in DR and once I get up enough courage and set a date I will post some so you guys can see the transformation lol.
You will LOVE the DR,i hope. I will stay tuned for your pics. Have a great weekend.
I'm glad you started your story here on RealSelf! You might want to wait until after your consultation until you get too worked up about who you want to do your surgery. :) The appointment could make or break things for you. Here's a list of questions to ask.

Please keep us updated on your decision process!
Thank you! Actually one of Dr Salzhauer's rep sent me this list :) they have been so nice and I haven't even had the consultation yet!