Terrible - Miami, FL

Hello everyone! I recently posted an article about...

Hello everyone! I recently posted an article about a successful microdermabration i had done in my face after dealing with a severe acne. I was feeling pretty lucky!

My luck ended, while in Miami I went to get a Mesotherapy treatment after many years of wanting to do it, I've seen friends done it and it had worked well for them, but the difference they went to reputable practitioners.In my case I walked into the wrong place.

I went for the first treatment of six, the second day I've already showed a bad reaction that started with very tiny bruises but I heard that happens, however the woman who claims to be a doctor told the other beautician that she didn't like the way it looked and also that the area was too hot, I overheard it and asked her many questions, she said was okay and that will go away in few days,but just for the time being she will wait 3 days before injecting me more and sent me home with 3 pills of Cipro 500 mg.

I didn't think anything of it and came home to Tampa to give it time, at almost a week later my leg suddenly got swelling, super hot with a burning itch sensation that has no explanation, I went to my family Doctor and he said it is for sure the liquid (unknown) injected, he had the nurse call them and asked what it was and they kept of telling us is alcachofa which supposedly is a natural vegetable used in this practice.

I have been under this terrible condition for 3 weeks now. Under Doctor care and Meds. The bad part is that these people claim it is normal, and that I should give it time, I am waiting to receive a refund and they give me excuses each time,I sent them the pictures plus went in person today drove 5 hours and the "Doctor" did not answer my calls neither was in her center as promised.

Please anybody knows what to do in this case? I am desperate with the pain, burning,itch can't barely walk cause it was in my inner thigh and am truly concerned cause I get fever occasionally. The swelling has gone down but the red giant rash/bruise is still present and it has moved gradually to the back of my leg. Very serious and scare situation.. Only thing that helps is putting ice packs which i put constantly.

2 years later

What a terrible experience that was. Luckily after few months I was back to normal except for some darkness in some areas where the mesotherapy was injected.
Artistic

Mesotherapy TREATMENT I had one set of injections and got severely sick over it, the person whom provided me the service claims to be a Doctor but I am under the impression it is false as I'm trying to get treatment from her and she is hiding from me

Glad you got better! Phew!! Did it help in the end?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thats totally NORMAL, same thing happened to me, results are amazing! Just relax, it does take time, my husband was worried too about my swelling,bruising, and itching. But after 6-8 weeks, long time, but great results. And I do them myself. Dr. showed me how!
Gosh that is just terrible. I would report for sure. There are too many stories about clinics using other things that cause problems. Has anyone done a skin biopsy or blood work to see if anything shows up?
Hi Ana. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with the meso treatment. That is really awful. I certainly hope you are feeling better now and that your swelling has gone down.

Have you tried contacting the Health Department in your area for assistance. I've read that others have contacted them when their treatments had adverse reactions. They could probably help you or at least tell you the proper steps to take.

I actually had the treatment here in VA about 5 yrs ago (2006), and I didn't have any problem with it. In fact it worked very well.

I can tell you though, I did a ton of research and compared doctors' credentials before I walked into any office. I knew exactly what to expect from the doctors, and what steps they should be taking to insure a safe and sterile environment for me. In addition I spoke with a few different doctors until I felt comfortable that they new exactly what the were doing, and that they were truly trained and certified to perform the treatment, and fortunately it worked out fine for me.

After each treatment, I had some itching and 1 or 2 very light bruises that went away in a couple of days...and the itching calmed down when I put on the cream provided by the doc...so no major problems. But of course today, 5 yrs later, I pray I don't have anything weird happen in my body that turns out to be related to the meso...I'd just scream!

My only advice to you going forward is to be extremely careful when you are planning on having any type of treatment done. Don't let any doctor tell you he/she is qualified to perform the treatment w/o thoroughly checking them out. There are so many frauds out here and they have no qualms about screwing up your life...because for them, it's all about the money.

Well again, I hope your body heals and you begin to feel normal again. And I certainly hope you get you money back. Lastly, do not hesitate to contact the Health Department because they may prove very helpful.

Take care Ana and be well!

Hi ana,

Oh my I'm so sorry, that's a long time to be having such a horrible time. Especially for no one to know truly what is going on. Has your other doctor given you back any of your money? Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the review,