LIPOSUCTION: 28 YEAR OLD GIRL - 134 Pounds - ARMS, FULL AB'S & FLANKS, INNER & FRONT THIGHS/KNEES - Miami, FL

I was overweight as a child. For the past 14 years...

I was overweight as a child. For the past 14 years of my life I've been dedicated to maintaining my weight, now 134. Even at 127 pounds, eating super super clean, I can never get rid of my belly. I wear a size 6, 28 in jeans. My legs and butt are my best feature, but want to get my inner thighs done so they don't look worse in comparison to my new stomach. My arms feel almost elastic, i's just going to get worse as I get older and that why I've decided to get lipo.

Surgery Day

Additions and revisions after my 1st in person consult

At my consult with the doc yesterday- we added my flanks bc I would look boxy if I only did the abdomen. We also added the front of my thighs / knees because if I only did my inner thigh, the front would look larger in comparison.

Day of surgery- day 1

They marked me up. Put in the IV and that's all I remember. Woke up shivering for 30 mins : ( that was the worst part
No nausea and I suffer from motion sickness so that was a relief.
They wheeled to the the car. I had a nurse drive me back to the hotel and I laid down in the back of her truck. She's the best to have around and I recommend a nurse to change your bandages and give you your meds. I feel super safe. Even if you have a friend or spouse with you.
Pain level is a 2 out of 10, taking pain meds every 4 hours.

Day 2

Slept very shitty last night. My back was hurting a lot. I didn't know if it was sore from being in bed a lot or from swelling. I think it's both. My back is swollen, I have a dimple in it. Throat hurts a lot from the breathing tube for anesthesia. Got Cepacol throat lozenges. Showered this morning with my nurse and it went well. Was able to go #2 and it was difficult sitting / pushing with the swelling. Garment takes forever to get on and off and a little painful. The draining ended last night so just stitches now. My stomach feels super bloated. Will post more photos when the swelling goes down. I fly back to NYC in 2 days. Fingers crossed.

Day 6

I flew home yesterday and my legs swelled up 30% larger. Pain is a 3, sorest in my legs. Can't see any improvement in my shape yet as I am still swollen.

1 week update

Still hurts to walk, walking very slow. Refilled the pain meds they help a lot. Still not working, stitches coming out tonight. Forgot to mention they removed 1300 cc's / 1.5 pounds of fat. I feel swollen like a water balloon. Pain is a 4 out of 10. Better on the Vicodin. Stitches come out tonight by my hubby.

Day 8

I think I won't be able to go to work Monday. Swelling gets worse in the evening, last night I felt like I was on fire! Hubby took my stitches out this morning- a little intense. Been going stir crazy at home in bed. I did some household stuff yesterday but swelling starts after- it's not a good idea! Ready to use my scar cream and silicone gel sheets. Back of the knees are black and blue- didn't get lipo back there, so it traveled!!

My inspiration

My sister in law is 42 and 6 months before our wedding she had lipo done. She went from size 8 to a 2. She was why I got my procedure. The before and after is 6 months apart. She could not see results for 2 months!!! Full results after 6 months. She did not work for one month. She flew to Vegas 3 weeks after the surgery and was miserable!!! Swollen and stuff. She did her full body under her breast- full stomach back flanks- all
Of her thighs- and under her eyes. $13,000 in Chicago

Day 14

Swelling has gone down a lot but it's still there. I weigh 1 pound heavier than surgery and they removed 3 pounds, so there is still swelling weight. Im limping, my left leg is more swollen than the right, but I'm getting around. Im back at work with my limp. I've been eating clean and healthy, and I think that is helping too with my shape. My hubs massaged my leg yesterday and it hurt but it reduced the swelling. I feel the lumps/scar tissue under my skin when massaging. Commuting on the subway is a small challenge and I don't look forward to it, but i'm managing. I take the elevators when I can. Love handles and back are still sore and swollen, when I bend to the sides I feel pinching in my sides. The back of my legs are black and blue and green but not painful at all, I did not have lipo on the backs of my legs, assuming the blood fell and settled there.

3 WEEK UPDATE

I've been eating clean and healthy since the surgery. I weighed 132.5 this morning. I'm sick of my compression garments, especially on my arms. Today its 90 out and I have to dress chic and profesh for work. I'm still swollen, lumpy and bumpy. I purchased an entire new wardrobe of flowy pants and 3/4 sleeve tops, about $1000 in clothing. Kill me. I see results already and am being patient for the final results. I wont make any judgments until 6 weeks from the date of my surgery. Getting there! I want the dimple in my belly pooch to go away first and foremost.
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

TIna my coordinator received my emailed photo's. She discussed my desires with the doctor and came back to me with different options and pricing. She scheduled my stay at The Essex house since I am flying in from NYC. Belkis the nurse called in all my prescriptions and lab work. Answered all my questions. Got me an overnight nurse until my friend arrives to fly back home with me. My anesthesiologist called me the night before and was super professional and calmed my nerves. Dr. Tachmes did my best friends boob job. Her mother lives in Miami and see's Dr. Tachmes too. Through these recommendations, I did not attend any other consultations.

You look great! Have your results improved since June? Unthinking about smart lipo for my entire lower half like your sister in-law. Just waiting to save up some money to pay for it and finding the right doctor. Happy healing!
looking good, how r u feeling ?!?
good im shrinking!
how are you feeling???
Is it hard around the dimple on your belly? I am almost three weeks out and my lower belly is very solid as well as my flanks.
Redneckbettie, my naval area is hard too. Now, I'm only 2 weeks out, but I'm not much of a answer as far as someone further post op like you. My naval area is also where one of the lipo cannulas went in....do you like your results?
How are feeling chicchick?
so much better but not where i want to be. im much smaller of a person but i want a flat tummy and its not there yet. Also one of my arms is awesome and slim, the other as fat as before, sooooo...... not judging anything until 2 months out what about you??? how is ur lipo areas? are u satisfied? Im still swollen too, however, im fitting into pants ive have since i was like 22 years old even better than i did the first time, my husbands says im much smaller of a person. My body shape is the same, just a smaller version.
Sounds like things are falling into place for you. That's great! I know what you mean about not judging until 2 months out. I too wish my stomach would flatten out more. I'm trying not to be too judgmental just yet...still early, but gah, taking forever and some days are better than others as far as swelling goes. I haven't tried on any of my previous jeans, shorts, etc...I'm too worried that they still won't fit any better so I'm putting that off until I can for sure see and feel a more noticeable difference. Just staying in lose clothing and trying on the occasional bikini...still not much of an improvement on that either! *sigh* I'm glad that you are happy with your results and I'm sure it's only a matter of time that you're happy with your tummy too, though it already looked great before! I'll be so happy the day I can look in the mirror and be like "dang, I look hot"! And not have to judge how bad my swelling is! Continued happy healing to you! Love to keep up with your updates so keep me posted! :-)
Hey there - at 3 weeks I looked like I was smuggling a deck of cards under my belly button. One week later it's gone and although it's still hard, the lump is waaaay smaller. You look fantastic by the way!!! Hang in there - it gets so much better by week 4. I promise. :)
Nellnell, i did NOT look great in my before pics lol, c'mon girl no need to put sugar and a cherry on top!! You have to be honest with me!!!! The garment is driving me nuts!! One more week until i can wear it only part time. I want to get the boobs done too but im not going to push that with my husband yet, he will think im addicted. Got botox this morning on my lunch break : ) Been doing that since I was 18, I have to freeze my face in time!! Yeah, your belly looks swollen to me, I'm still bruised and swollen in my legs.. I do reach down and feel my belly in the morning and its smaller than it was before, but at the end of the day its not where i want it to be. Are you doing zumba? How is the pain? I still have some pain in my legs, how many cc's did they remove from your bod? xo
Sandy, what do you mean you did the pubic area? like when ur belly stopped they went all the way down? i wish i did that i kind have a puffy pubic area on top... How many cc's did they remove from your stomach? It looks like you have a very narrow belly, what size were you before lipo? a 4?
I had some fat in the pubic area - you know the part where your jeans come to a v? They said it would be noticeable if I didn't get it done - would look like a "mound". So for an extra 500 I got it done. Both consults I had with docs said the same thing. I had no idea I had such a big area! Lol. Yes size 4 pre lipo. Hoping a 2 will be my "comfy size". :) 700ccs they removed in total.
Lol!! Let me say this then, in my opinion I thought you looked damn good before. I've said it many times...we are our own worst critics! The best part is...there are some talented docs out there that can help us look and improve what already looks good...or what we think needs improving. I know that even after my 9 mth mark, even if everything is perfect, I'm going to find something else wrong with my body that needs help. Nothing will ever be right in my eyes..call me crazy, but that's just how I'm geared, I guess! How my mind works! Botox..huh? Do you love it? I've been contemplating on getting Botox. I struck a deal w my hubs. He's been wanting me to get boobs for a while and I really didn't care either way. I told him I'd go thru with it but only if I could get lipo too...lol! I can't tell anything yet in my inner thighs but can some in the outer. My tummy sucks though! I know what u mean about the garment. Mine was pissing me off so bad, I just said to hell with it and trusted my body to tell me. I did Zumba twice, but I was too sore to do it the third time and just gave up. I haven't tried it again, but probably should. The lower half was ok with Zumba, but some of the arm movement, I couldn't do. I have no idea how many cc's he took. Every time I mean to ask and I forget...duh...kinda important, I guess! What kind of stuff are you eating as far as eating clean? You had a lot of areas lipo'd...I'd be dead, but then I can be a wimp sometimes too! When do u go back to your ps?
Yep, That's exactly how I feel! I just keep waiting for that lump to get smaller! Longer than 4 weeks for me. I'm almost 5 weeks out now.
I should've done the pubic area too. They did wArn me that I would swell in that area and it did but it was already lipo worthy before.
I think the swelling in the area is normal but eventually goes away. They weren't talking about swelling with me - they said I would have this flat tum and a bulge. Gross. I also have scarring from c-sections so it's like this flat area then not. Even more noticeable. I totally trusted my doc and figured he would know best so I agreed. I am so glad I did because I look 18 again in jeans. I mean not like I had a camel toe or anything major but I didn't realize it would be such a big deal. He didn't remove much overall and said he got everything and was surprised to even get as much as he did, so I'm SO glad I agreed to do that area. I'm sure your doc would have said something if you needed yours done. So don't fret about that. I was just plain clueless I even had an issue there! Talk about embarrassing.... Later I asked my bf to tell me honestly if he noticed and he was like "I guess it's a bit of a speed bump but I don't care"... I was mortified! I'm one of those women with a big ole pubic area?! Lol. Gone now. :) sorry if that was tmi.
I had lipo on my upper thighs as a harvest for my facial fat grafting. My legs are still so sore 3 weeks later. Can you recommend anything for the pain? I wasn't told to wear compression garments but my legs ache so much I am not sure if I should? Are you still sore?
Yes I'm still sore for sure. Everytime I get up it hurts. I can not work out and walk funny sometimes. I feel uncomfortable when I wear pants without my compression garment on for some reason. I would recommend getting a pair of spanx shorts, not too tight like you're wearing it under a fitted dress, more like for support, so go a size up then you normally would for its regular use. Like a B or up. I take advil or Tylenol when I wake up and before bed and in the afternoon if needed. Let me know if you have an more questions.
Bless your heart. Thank you so much for your reply. My legs are so dang sore. I really didn't expect it because I didn't think of it as lipo but more as fat grafting so I didn't consider the after part at all to be like this. My legs are so sore. They hurt when I walk, they hurt when I bend, they just ache like someone punched my muscles. I don't own any spanx so I wrapped my legs with tensor bandages last night before bed. It seemed to help. I am taking advil etc, soaking in the tub...doing everything I can think of, but GD it, they really are super sore. Thank you for your advice and support. It is nice to know I am not alone in this. You had more work on your legs done then I but we are both 3 weeks post OP, so it really helps to follow you and know that you are experiencing the same issues. Thanks so very much!! xoxox
Wait, i am not allowed to take baths or soak in a hot tub for a month at least.. I would not bathe just shower, also wondering why Ur surgeon didn't put you in a garment. Did you ask him, def give him a call. Get some spandex shorts.
that is absolutely on my list to get! I have only 2 tiny areas on the tops of my thighs where the cannula went in, the stitches on those have already dissolved. I was told I can soak in the tub. I didn't get my entire flank done, he just took out what he needed for my face.
I had lipo to my flanks, upper back, sides of waist And front of tummy. I'm glad to hear everyone testify how much it hurts..I have read many stories of girls doing this and going back to work in a week or so and now I think, daaaang you go ladies! I've have three kids and this is much more painful! I m two weeks out yesterday and still a lot of swelling and brushing! Thank you for sharing your stories!!
Right along with you girl! You look great!!
looking fantastic!!! (sailor whistle)