Expression Fillers Has Disfigured Me. - Miami, FL

Extremely painful, swelling began immediately and...

Extremely painful, swelling began immediately and continued for 2 weeks. Bruising, fever, hot throbbing at the temples and brow area.
$2200 down the drain. The face is deformed and after injecting another substance to melt the former my face is no longer recognizable. I will never do this again. Not worth the pain and money.

It's growing bigger.

Since last Friday and the session of squeezing the lumps to rid them of fluid, my lumps over the eyes are now purple and growing. The doctor keeps saying gravity will take its course and the swelling will go away in a few weeks. Can anyone reassure me this stuff isn't permanent ?
Thank you for any advice.

Going into surgery today

Things have gotten worse 4 the week and the infection from the temple area and eyes are still hot and swollen with pus. They will cut and drain the areas today to avoid blood poisoning. What a nightmare.

On the mend

Last week I had to go in for a local and have my surgeon cut again the temple area and scrape the material away because blood poisoning was eminent.
On the mend now I went out for valentines weekend so things are looking better. Thanks everyone for your support.

4 months later

Here's what 4 months after the nightmare looks like. The scars are still there inside and out. Big lesson learned.
Always do a test patch before any procedure, trust me it's worth the effort.
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Very disappointing I left there with very few instructions. He was not really sympathetic to my bad swelling and left me feeling like he didn't know what he was going to do about the problem. Some of the staff se caring but others made me feel like I was making problems.

How frightening for you. So glad things are finally working out for you. I have an appt to have a Consult regarding Botox injections, but will cancel that. The risks are not worth it. I am still recovering from a face lift and laser treatment. The latter being a difficult ordeal and one I would not recommend.
Botox isn't a bad thing it's when the fillers and other injectables begin to build up that strange things start happening. I feel the same way you do. Good luck with your total recovery.
You look beautiful and Indint think you need anything. I'm 45 and just starting to notice expression lines. I'm afraid to get any type of injections after all the horror stories I've heard. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting something very subtle done? I don't need to look 25, just don't want the barely visible lines to get worse too soon.
I think using good sunscreen and getting light laser resurfacing after perhaps some light fillers ( test patch first!!!) you would be happy but shop around for someone that understands you don't want to look 24. Acupuncture has some great protocols that also smooth out the wrinkles. Good luck.
Thank you for the advice.
Wow! What a nightmare! I have not had swelling like this but I have been unsatisfied with my dysport results. Did they AT LEAST refund your $2200?? I feel like if you see a plastics doctor for a problem area- they should fix that area. Not just inject something into your face and hope for the best.. leaving you to pick up the tab whether or works or not. And the latter has been my experience. Glad you're on the mend now. Post new pics. :)
No phone call or refund. :(( The girls in the office cared more about what happened than the doc.
Oh….I am so sorry. I am glad you are feeling better. What type of filler was used? Did he put the filer in your upper eyelids or did it migrate to that area? Lastly, was this your first filler experience? Wishing you a total recovery!!
He used Expressions on top of Botox and Radiansse I think. Yes he put it in the upper eyebrow and temple areas. It migrated from the temples to the eye area. This has not been my first time with fillers. I've had some Botox and juvederm a few months prior. It was the Expressions that caused the problem. My body totally rejected it and it should have been removed immediately at the first signs of fever and abnormal swelling.
How are you doing? I'm sure this has been very scary.
It has been an unforgettable experience.
I'm sorry you are experiencing what you are but what were you trying to improve? You face looks lumpy and as if the material wasn't distributed evenly. I hope your surgery helped resolve your problems. I no longer use Expressions as it doesn't seem to compare favorably with the other products.
Oh my, I'm sorry you are going through all of this.  You might want to consider posting your pics and asking about this in our Doctor Q&A section.  Keep us posted on how things are going for you, I hope things start to get better!
Thank you Jill I thought I had already posted them. There were 4 pics that I put up! Any advice?
They are there- I either was having a ditz moment or my browser didn't load them.  Sorry for any confusion!