I Had Hialucorp Gel Injected in my Butt 3 Months Ago and Have Had Complications Since - Miami, FL

A month after the injections i had a fever and...

A month after the injections i had a fever and certain areas in my buttocks got red, swollen and rock hard. I was evaulated by two doctors who told me that I'm not allergic to the gel so it doesn't have to come out but that i caught an infection and they needed to drain the infected areas. Ive been on antibiotics since. but when i finish the meds the areas get red and hurt again. a surgeon i saw says the gel has to come out because my body is rejecting it. I'm confused, scared and in pain. please help

This review has been closed to future comments as it promotes the illegal use of a product. Medical experts have advised the RealSelf Team that this practice is potentially dangerous, so posts of this nature will no longer be allowed. For further information about this, please read the medical expert opinions here.
wow this is sadd and scary i hope u found help your lookin for !!!!!!
I am experiencing these same effects from whatIwas told was hydrogel. It caused kidney and liver failure. I had surgery and somehas drained out however I was told that there is no way to remove all of it. Have you any further info. At this point if I could have it cut out I would be willing to do so.
Where did u have this done? How's your health now?

Hi Suzy,

Welcome to RealsSelf, I'm sorry you're having these complications with your procedure. Since your doctor has advised you to get the substance removed, have you looked into having this done?

We have an area on RealSelf where you can ask a question. These questions are answered by board certified surgeons. You may want to use the link and ask a question, if you need more advice. However, if you are in pain then I would suggest you also return to your doctor and see about having the substance removed.

Kirsty