Removing Silicone Implants and Replacing It with Fat - Miami, FL

I am having my silicone implants removed after 24...

I am having my silicone implants removed after 24 years, I have had them replaced ones in this period. I have a bit of tuberous breast naturaly. It is going to be done by dr. Khouri. I am 45 years of age, I weigh 130 pounds and I am 5.7 tall. Here some before photos, I will post more photos so you can see what the results are, not only from my breast but also the stomach and hips. For all the woman who are considering this.

More before Photos

Here some more before photos of me so you can see the difference before and after I have my breast implants removed and replaced with bodyfat by dr. Khouri.
Not only the breast but also my stomach, hips and legs. I wont be able to post after photos until the end of september 2013. Thank you everybody for you support and comments. Best wishes from Brigit.

The before photos

I have my scars from my breast implants underneath my breast, what you see on the side of my breast is from my bra.

excited

I am ready to leave for Miami tomorrow, I am so very excited and nervous. I am trying to get some more photos on here, but it doesnt seem to be working, I will try again later.

My visit to Miami breast center

I just had an appointment with dr. Khouri, I thought he was very kind and professional. I had an appointment at 10.30 and didnt have to wait long, he took a lot of photos.
I had my MRI last saturday, cost $650.

Before photos

Liposuction

I want to warn everyone who is considering liposuction when you are older and/or have cellulite. This will get worse with lipo. Look on this site and see the before and after before you consider this. I am having the fat taken from my stomach and flanks mostly. I do hope it is coming out oke, I have cellulite on my legs and bottom. I think it is better not to graft any fat from there.

Drawing

Recovery

It has been 36 hours since I have been operated, It is very painfull, I use a lot of painkillers. Mainly my breast area hurts, lying down and getting back up is the worst. I think my breast have had a lot of work, I have 2 staples in my neck. I will see Dr. Khouri this monday, then I will see my new breast for the first time. I am very curious what my body will look like. I am also worried what my lowerbody will look like, I will have to wait 6 weeks until all the swelling has gone down.

Photos

4 days after sugery

Here a photo of my breast 4 days after having my implants removed and replacing it with fat. I think they look much better then my implants breasts. Swelling and bruising still has to go down. I bought an spanx pant one size bigger then usual this afternoon to replace the ill fitting compression garment I had on after sugery. I feel much better. I was allowed to take the bandage of my breasts today and take a shower. There was not a 'cast' there, just bandage and tape, there are some staples. Right now I am just wearing a shirt, I will see dr. Khouri again tomorrow.

My body

I will post photos of what my waist, belly and legs look like after the lipo in a few weeks. They are swollen and bruised right now, the final result is much more interesting.

Recovery

I found out there is something called PDS Suture in my breast to give them a nice shape, it will desolve in 3 months I have been told by dr. Rotemberg, she also works at the miami breast center. It would have been nice to know this before hand, so I know what is being done with my body. I did not ask specific beforehand but there is nothing on there website about it and I would have liked to know beforehand. Thats why I write about it here. If you are having done the same as I have, ask the doctor what exactly is going to happen. Here a photo of the 'cast' there I have to wear for 4 weeks.

Cast

My 'cast' is off, I am happy about that. It was painful to get off. In my opinion it had no use, it was quite heavy and pulling my breasts down, it was put on to prevent shriking of the breast what usualy happens after fat grafing. It was already lose after 2 days. Now I was adviced to wear a quite large supporting bra, not a sports bra but more like a pushupp. But not thight.

RAFT

I am doing ok, I still use painkillers, I found it to be quite painfull, it has been 2 1/2 weeks after surgery now. I have had RAFT, this is where the skin of your belly has been pulled up to create a fold in my breast (I had tuberous breast) and I believe the Rigotti maneuvers where scar tissue is being created underneath the breast to hold the breast in place. I will post photos in a few weeks.

Photos after 4 weeks

Hello Girls, here some photos of me after 4 weeks. I am still healing, the numbness of the lipo is still not gone, also does my stomach still feel hard and is a bit swollen. I eat well because I have been told several times to eat well. I am a bit heavier on these photos then before the operation. The scar tissue that has been made underneath my breats is also still healing, see my photos. It is worse on the right side. It is still painfull and uncomfortable, I work 2 days a week right now and that is already hard.

After 3 months

It has almost been 3 months since I had my implants removed and fat transfer by dr. Khouri. Here are some photos. I had tuberous breast so this is not a usual removal and fat transfer. My skin of my belly has been pulled up to create a fold/breast. The sutures on the left have desolved (the last photo) the sutures on the right have not yet desolved. You can see this on the photos. The shape changes once the suture has desolved. I am happy with the shape, I hope they dont go down in size anymore. You can see my old scar that was used to put my teardrop shape implant in 11 years ago, it is larger then when a round implant is used. I might have this corrected in the future so it is less visible also by dr. Khouri.

sutures

Is there anybody who had the same thing done? How long will it take untill all the sutures have dissolved? Will my right breast lower as well?
Thank you so much.

after 7 months

Here are photos off me after 7 months, my left breast is smaller then my right breast, something didn't go just right. Also is my left waist not as thight as my right waist. I am a bit disappointed about this. I hoped and expected everything to go right and fine but it didnt. I seems my breast keep getting smaller but I have wait and see, maybe they stay this size. I am still not sure if it was worth it. I might go back. I am not sure.
What do you think about my body, is it an improvement??

Miami Breast Center

I do have to say, there finance department is a disgrace, I have been trying to get an invoice of my operation which was over 8 months ago for my insurence, I have send more then 12 emails, now I start phoning but it doesn't help. This causes a lot of stress which is unnecessary.

Tight

Now after 10 months I still have a tight uncomfortable feeling underneath my breasts, I hope this will go. Now, when I look back I would first have my implants removed and then see if I felt satisfied. The website miami breast center I think is to optimistic. My lipo areas feel a bit numb still, also the holes from lipo are visible. I will post photos so you can see. Cellulite is a bit worse.

After one year

Here are photos of me after 1 year. I am satisfied with the results, if I have to give the results a number between 1and 10 I give it a 7.5
My breast are different in size/ shape but it is ok with me, i want to go on with my life. The first 3 months were very painfull. No I am doing better, the numbness of lipo is gone, the tight feeling around my chest is getting less. My body is a bit different, my upper legs are thinner, i have less fat or almost none on my belly. It is impossible to find pants that fit well, I have to alter the waist which is very narrow. My skin is a bit more ' loose' I have lost volume because of the lipo, I am 46 not a good age to loose volume. My weight is the same as 1 year ago.
Miami Plastic Surgeon