Fat Transfer to my Breast Done by Doc. Roger Khouri in Miami Breast Center - Miami, FL

I am not satisfied with the result after almost a...

I am not satisfied with the result after almost a year. Only 1/3 fat remains with Brava using and fat transfer to my breast. Doc. Roger Khouri was careless, he didn't give me a normal breast shape nor same size of my breast. And plus, this procedure is TOTALLY NOT no incision, no scar, quick recovery procedure. In my and most patients' experiences, it is painful, leaving scar tissue, 6 month recovery for those wants breast augmentation with their own fat. My arms couldn't move for several weeks after this surgery; my breast size are different after this surgery, plus there is several dented injection marks or called dimples on my right boob, which is very obvious; my left boob is sagging and shaped awkward. I have two questions:
1. Is it better to stick to my original surgeon to have my boob shape and size fixed or is there any doctors could give me recommendations on my case?
2. How can I deal with the dented injection mark? Have a surgeon fixed them or find a dermatologist?

Thank you so much for sharing, and I'm so sorry this happened to you. You are still beautiful :) I was wondering if you'd share more detail about your story: Did they look good initially, or did you know there was a problem right away? At what point did you start to lose the fat? Did you use Brava before or after? Anything you can tell me about what to expect postoperatively would be extremely helpful. Thank you so much, and hang in there!
I was told by Doc. Khouri that he did my breast size in a different size right after my surgery, but he didn't explain to me the reason. After this surgery, one of my breast shape is normal, but the other one is abnormal which I showed in my picture. They didn't explain to my why the other side of my breast look so awkward. *originally, my breast shape is natural and normal. Before this surgery, their nurse Diana explained to me Doc Khouri will make a fold for my breast. This is the only thing that I can think about regarding to the problem. I think Doc Khouri might did a bad fold on one side of my breast. After 3 month, I lost 1/3 -2/3 of the injected fat. I used brava 4 weeks before surgery and 1 week turbo machine, after my surgery, doc Khouri let the nurse put splints on my breast for 3 months, I went to their center and changed the splints twice. After 3 months, I took off the splints, one side of my breast lost fat quicker than the other. and on my other side of my breast left a dented injection mark. Doc. Khouri still suggested me to wear brava as much as possible. So I did wear brava after the splints took off. Before this surgery, in my first preop visiting, I told Doc. Khouri it's ok if he cannot make a big size of my breast, but I do prefer a nice shape of my breast. But unfortunately, he didn't perform well on me. In my last post op visiting, he showed me the pictures when I was in the operation room. And I did see the problem that he made in this surgery--the fold was awkward:( Now, I really need to make a rework plan on my breast. Which is sad. I hope he could be responsible for it. But I am really not sure if I should trust his skill again or not? I need help.
Thanks for your honest and helpful review. Most reviews about Dr Khouri are positive, but just talking to Cindy over the phone made me think it cannot all be true... I appreciate your review!

Result after a yr done by Roger Khouri

American girl, please don't feel so bad about it. I know how it feels to feel like something you had such high hopes for didn't work out as planned. I know this doesn't help you because they don't look as you had planned, but I really don't think they look bad at all. They are on the small side but I really think that is more the style lately. Also, nothing is forever and I am sure you will find a doctor to add some fat to build them up more. I am sure that in a pretty bra they look very nice. My heart goes out to you for your complete healing. Please know that you are loved and still beautiful.
I wanna say thank you to you Beth 1000000! Your warm words make me feel like you were my old friend, though we've never meet before. I've prayed for finding a good doctor to have my secondary fat grafting in the near future. I knew from my first fat grafting by Roger Khouri that I couldn't bear his protocol. I was scared when I look at my operation photos. I wasn't prepared for that pain. And cutting edge really need a fat grafting expert to fix the part Dr. Khouri didn't perform well as expected.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Lost faith on my original surgeon. Should I? Shouldn't I?

I suffered a lot from his protocol. Both physically and emotionally. Tired... But I'll still be brave, positive, happier and stronger. I will go to Miami and ask them why they stopped responding me and helping me and let myself suffering? when I have time and effort.

Hi Americandreamgirl,

I just wanted to clarify a few pieces of information for you. Firstly, RealSelf does not remove any content, unless it violates RealSelf Terms of Service. Your comments did violate our Terms, which is why they were removed. However, in response to your earlier question, no, doctors cannot pay RealSelf to have reviews removed.

Secondly, we are neither affiliated with any hospitals or doctors. We cannot therefore control the information that is posted on a hospital website and we cannot pass your messages along to a specific doctor.

Beth has sent you two PMs now, advising why your comments were removed, explaining our Terms of Service and providing you with helpful resources, which are more qualified to assist you.

If you have any questions, please PM me, public comments are not the place to continue this conversation.

Thanks,
Kirsty

I like their responsible attitude and they care about their patients

Actually, the stuff in Miami Bresast Center, Dr. Roger Khouri, nurse Roise, Cindy, brava coach Darlene, they are very responsible people. Dr. Khouri said he'll try his best to help me with my unhappy result. I was impressed. And I'll ask them for the specific proposal.

That's good news. Did you call yesterday and find this out?
Hi Amalie girl, they called me last week and ask about my current situation. I am still waiting for the specific proposal.
keep us posted! Sending sunday morning prayers your way!

Diformity boob:( heartbreaking

He said there is no guarantee to fix it!

I don't know. I wanna the reason why my first surgery failed? Because of the protocol or the surgeon or me? I want to find the answer.
Hi Americandreamgirl. I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. Has Dr Khouri agreed to perform a revision surgery? Do you have any photos from immediately after the surgery or after the splints came off? If so, would you post them so we have an idea of how your breasts looked shortly after surgery? Thanks and I sincerely hope Dr. Khouri will provide a solution for you.
No. He didn't give me a specific proposal. For the second fat grafting, it'll cost another $13,500, which I cannot afford. For the fixing... I'm still looking for doctors including my original one. I will post my pics after I find the right one to do my surgery.

I wanna a reason

Why my surgery failed? Because of using Brava or the protocol doesn't fit me or the surgeon or what? My boob separated, it has two parts. How come?

Hi Americandreamgirl. So sorry about your bad outcome. How did you pay Dr Khourri? Was it using a credit card (MasterCard or Visa). I think you will be able to get most of the money back. Another realself user (BellasFatTransferReview), who unfortunately has stopped posting now did manage to get some of her money back. Her surgeon was Dr August Accetta. I read on another site that she contacted her credit card company. The Dr tried to prevent her from clawing back the money but she was able to get a significant amount back. Please try this avenue. I think Dr Khourri has charged you too much and then bodged the surgery. Sometimes surgeons are so arrogant that they become over confident about their skill level. They don't take enough care to perform the surgery well. I believe that your story will end happily. There are other ladies who have posted on here who have had fat transfers to their breasts after complications with implants and their results have been beautiful.
That's good news that patients can get some of the money back. What kind of process should I go through to get my money back? I was dependent on my parents.
You will only be able to get your money back if you paid for the procedure using some sort of credit card (like MasterCard or Visa or something). I believe this process is called "chargeback". Try googling it. You contact the credit card company and state your reasons for wanting the money back. In your case you would say that the doctor did not take adequate care to perform the surgery well and you now need reconstructive surgery since the doctor is not providing you with a solution to the problem that he caused. He has left you deformed and now you need to find money to put right what he has done to you. The doctor will obviously dispute this but you have photographic evidence (presumably you have photos of you before the surgery). There may be some going back and forth but in the end the credit card company will come to a decision. If you paid for this procedure using cash then I'm not sure whether you will be able to get your money back. You may have to consult a lawyer.

Boobies are so important to a girl. Who can understand how I feel?

Deformity boobies, please look your work. Roger Khouri I told you I am a patient, how can you ask for a patient's apologize? I need respect.

I was 28yrs old when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, decided to get a double mastectomy and reconstruction. After the implants were not natural looking nor did I have any feeling in my chest and back and they caused me pain, did I then decide to go to Dr. Khouri for the fat transfer. Him and his staff are amazing and the fat tissue transfer is the second best to having your own breasts. He takes his time and ensures that he is giving you the best results. Although the process is done in several surgeries (3), it was worth the wait and outcome of having fat tissue as your breasts. He gave me back what I thought I lost forever. His staff is amazing and caring and I recommend him to every single or double mastectomy patient out there. When I show other mastectomy patients my results, I always get the same reaction. They cry with joy because they are cancer free and still have a chance to look their best. They make me feel like apart of the family every time I am there. I am so happy that I found him and this amazing procedure. It has changed my life.
He asked you to apologize to him???? my goodness. I am sorry for your experience with him... after all i have read about him, i would not go back to him. and after all the reviews of here about his fat transfers to breasts, i don't think the images used on his website are even his work.
I wish I knew that, and the extent of pain , I'm going through. .. I'm in hell, we just found out that he put this Refine mesh implant in me without even telling me(see refinemedical.com) advertise that the patient can not feel the presence of the device. On the contrary, from the moment I wake up, to the time I fall asleep, the Refine implant causes me so much pain, that's it's essentially turned me into an invalid.

Need some help!

Please help! Whoever is the best to help me out of this bad situation. My boobs need repaired. Who's the best??? Emergency!

Hello, American Dream Girl. I am so sorry for the abuse and attacks you have experienced on your review lately. However, I want you to be aware that your honesty is beneficial for us who come to this site. I thank you so much for your review, and I know not to go to Dr. Khouri.
Hi , I'm sorry for your unhappy outcome . Many have found great results with Dr. Revis in FL Use your own judgement and check out his web page and also the women here who had surgery done by him. Best to ya
Hoping we can all focus on "healing" and finding future solutions for those that are unhappy with their results. I have seen some positive things come from member reviews seeking help. Keep up your research too. We're thinking of you and others in your situation often!

Conflict mood

I kept myself busy and tried to forget about my experience.

We are closing this review to future comments as some of the content violates RealSelf Terms of Service and reaches beyond what we are qualified to address. If you have any questions please do PM me.
I just read your update. I am so sorry. I hope you will visit some doctors and give someone a chance to correct the mistakes. You might look beautiful and be surprised. Don't give up yet.
Is hard to believe that this post is not from someone in his office. It is strange that the one that have had great results never post before and longtime after pictures.

Comments was removal from Realself team. It against human beings WILL

I am very upset about my experience in Miami Breast Center, I would suggest every lady to make sure it's not worth it to do it in Miami Breast Center. The reason is that they don't care about patients real feel and ONLY care about their Reputation. If they care about me, they wouldn't stopped helping me and forced me to write a review against my will. Ok?!

A survey.

Does anyone know how much a plastic surgeon contribut to the public advertisement to improve their reputayion against those bad reviews? So ridiculous?!

Miami Plastic Surgeon