two weeks post experience!!

Hello bbl sisters! I am new to the site and have...

Hello bbl sisters! I am new to the site and have decided to go with Dr. Mel Ortega for my surgery. Has anyone on here had their surgery done by him? I will be paying my $500.00 deposit this Friday...he is offering a special!. For years I have wanted a nice boottaayyy! All of my friends have nice shapes and I am tired of being the odd ball. I just turned 30 this month, am a singe mother, work full time, and will graduate with my Master's degree in February so I decided to something for myself. I will post some pre-op pics sometime this week!

Thinking about getting an earlier date

I want to see if I can schedule my appt in July instead of Sept. Ugghh. Saw Bike Week photos and it made me hate my butt even more...lmao

Paid my Deposit....Getting excited!!

So I paid my deposit yesterday. I am getting excited about the surgery. I am already looking at different websites to get my supplies from. I'm still freaked out about the drains. When I think about them, they make my arm get weak!lol. My sister in law has agreed to go with me for the surgery. I hope I am not hard to recover, I would hate to be in Florida and not be able to enjoy it. I'm going to call Monday to see if I can get my surgery done in the end of July versus in September.

BBL August 2nd!!!

I locked in my date for August second. Can't wait. A bit scared of the fact that I will have drains coming out of me. Having a bit of trouble finding someone to gov with me. Ugghhhh! Hopefully it will work out though! Ive been looking at hotels and they r expensive.!
Congrats on your doctor and GL on your journey:)
Thanks!

Getting Frustrated. My Sis can't go with me

My Surgery is in August and I just found out my sis can't go. I'm so upset. I don't know what I'm going to do now. Ugghhh

Vets, Please answer!!!

Ok. So I can work it out where my cousin and I drive from SC to Miami, Fl, stay for 5 nights and she'll drive back to SC. What do ya'll think??
HOW MUCH DID HE QUOTE YOU
$5,500. It was a special. They may still be running it.

Should I purchase the Make Me Heal Vitamins??

Did the vitamins seem to work for anyone?

Are lymphatic massages really needed?

I will not be able to stay in Miami long enough to get my free lymphatic massages and I'm sure they will be hard to come by in South Carolina. I'm wondering if they're needed?
my boss a doctor ask me not to get them for a while after surgery, she said at least 6 weeks. she gave this whole lecture on letting the body heal first.
All I can tell you is that I felt a hundred times better after each massage. If I could I would have gotten one everyday cuz they alleviate the discomfort, even though they hurt while they do it. And my waist would always look smaller atfter the massages.
Thanks for the response! I work for a heath care company and asked some docs there who deal with breast cancer patients and do their massages and they said it wasn't necessary for the same reason.

Should I get a boppy or a foam roller

What do you all think? Foam Roller or a boppy? I have less than 30 days away!! I am trying to get last minute items
Foam roller.... It can be used after surgery for sitting and exercising your abdomen and flanks.

less than 2 weeks away!!

Getting nervous. Please share any tips you have!

Three more days!

I'm nervous and wanting to get this over!
Good luck girl! I'm excited to see ur results. I have a similar body type.
Good luck on your sx :))) I know you are very excited
Thanks!

it's done!!

So happy I'm not in pain just sore. Don't know what I look like yet. I'll update later

day 7

Hello all!. As I said before I dropped my phone in the ocean and now I'm dealing with a head cold! First day was not that bad mostly sore. 2nd and 3rd day was hell on wheels. Forth day was able to go to the mall and walk around. Gatorade, water, and my female urinal were my friend. I didn't pop til I got home on the 5th day. It felt weird having all that ass. I really liked how he shaped my butt. All he could get was 960 cc in each which was fine with me. I look great in clothes I could never wear before. Did not get drains.. thank ya! I think I would have died if I did. The staff was great too. I gotta have a friend take out my stitches tomorrow Cuz I didn't stay long enough. Tomorrow is my first massage. Wish me luck!
Hope you're healing well. Where and how many days did you have to stay in Miami? What areas did you get done for that qoute? Sorry so many questions lol just haven't seen/heard much from this doc I'm curious. Post pics please, Can't wait to see your new body!

new photo

Pic doesn't really do justice. This us with garment on

new pics

another pic

hey girl. i am still in miami and had mine done on the 6th. what was it like not having the drains? mine still haven't come out. i am ready to head home!
I don't know what I would have done if I had drains. Omg! I guess the body gets rid of the fluid itself anyways eventually. I think it's more convenient.I did not start getting lymphatic massages til the second week and dididn't release any fluid but I'm sure my body got rid of it. Hope your healing goes well!

two weeks two days!!

Hello all. Grad school and work are kicking my ass!! Anyways for those that have done it, happy healing. For those who've not done it , good luck and it's worth it.

I am healing very well. As I said before, I did not have drains and everything is going well. I don't know what I would have done if I had them. Your body will get rid of any fluid it dies not need. That's what your lymphatic system does naturally. I started getting lymph massages in my second week. Kinda painful but I managed. I don't have enough for 10 massages at $500 so I get one once a week and massage myself with some oils before I shower.

Its amazing how your stomach goes down everyday! I wish I could get rid of these stretch marks. I've been looking into vaserfreeze to get lessen them. My scars seem to be healing well.

I love the way my body looks overall. I need to get my tummy a little more in shape and get my arms right. Ladies try not to play dress up until two weeks out Cuz you will lose volume but mainly swelling. Your body will change everyday.

I am using a foam roll to sit at work and I use 2 rolled up towels to drive with a neck roll in my back. The hardest part of this surgery is not being able to sit down.

I cannot stress how much this surgery has boosted my self esteem. I have always been well off, educated, and drive nice cars, but this completes the package. When my boyfriend pisses me off.. I just say "oh,OK" lol and that freaks him out! Too funny how he kisses my ass now.

I have only been wearing dresses Cuz I'm not sure what size jeans I'll need. The triangle shaped gauze(or whatever material is given to u) is very important to shape your lower back and prevent seromas.

I ordered lipofoam and a new garment but they haven't gotten here yet. My doc told me to go to a seamstress to take in my garment but these long ones they give you are too hot. Well that's all for now. Toodles Loves!
post new pics please!! thanks
Hi hun ..hope all is well with u...can u post some pics please..or update your review am going to Dr.Ortega too
hey is there anyway you could go into full detail with your experience with dr mel, i jus put down my deposit! and i really wanna know what to expect!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Excellent! Provided lots of info that I didn't think to ask. Has pretty good specials that include massages and 2 garments! Staff was great and made me feel comfortable. Easy to reach by phone and great follow ups. If I get something else I will definitely go to him again