Picked DR.FISHER - Miami, FL

Hi Ladies, I'm traveling from western Canada to...

Hi Ladies, I'm traveling from western Canada to Miami for the bbl procedure in September. I 27 years old with a 17 month old boy. I will be having my surgery performed by Dr.Fisher. I don't intend to stay in the recovery house after the surgery, will stay elsewhere. I'm scared about the 8-9 hr plane ride back to my province.. Any tips? I don't want to ruin my costly investment. My son is coming as well as a friend, she is leaving after a week and my baby and I will stay an extra week, how were you girls feeling during 2 weeks post op? Do you think it would be a problem looking after my son? I really don't feel it will be and I hope to take him for short walks to keep him busy. Let me know any suggestions please- I need to take him with me so I don't want to hear "leave him home" lol. Thanks ladies take care.

Let Me Clear Something Up

If you are flying into America from another country it is RECOMMENDED that you stay 10 days (as per Dr.Fisher's suggestion) which is understandable. I have read reviews where girls have left 5 days or so after surgery to recover at home (which I would prefer to do only because I live soooo far away). My friend is staying 7 out of the RECOMMENDED 10 days, leaving the night of my 7th day (post op). I will be flying home on the 9th day (post op) so I will be by myself for 1 day and a few hours after my friend leaves (I don't think I'll be struggling to care for my son) however I do have family who can come help out when/if needed. So the help is only a call away- glad that's taken care of and I have support, I'm not staying with them because they live far from Vanity and the airport.. and I'm not putting myself through so much booty sitting on my way to and from Vanity for my massages. Oh btw, I called my local airline to check there policy for standing up on the plane (I know) and they say as long as you are out of the way when snacks are being served and sitting when the seatbelt sign is on, or the plane went through turbulence, they don't have a problem. I do have a comfortable infant nursing pillow - most people on here refer to them as "boppy pillows" it's the same thing. If you are flying for a long time I suggest to speak to someone in customer service from your local airline carrier to see what their policy is, because I did read one review where a girl was told she wasn't allowed to stand (unless going to the bathroom/getting luggage) and try to book the very back seat(s) if possible or the seats by the emergency exit (more space), and requesting wheelchair assistance is free (don't know about all the airlines), which I will request (baby on lap in wheelchair is allowed). Everything seems to be going well. Hope this helps someone. Take care ;0)

Bleach Spray, anyone??

I've been going through the list of "things you need" and bleach spray in on there to use for wiping/cleaning off yourself during the time you can't take a shower. Is "bleach spray" regular household bleach that's diluted? Or is it the actual name of the product? And where did you purchase it.. Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I would like to know. Thanks.

Surgery SEPTEMBER 2014 !!!!

I'm so happy my bbl surgery procedure is paid in full (although the Canadian/United States currency conversion is a killer- I've paid hundreds more just because the Canadian dollar is weak :0( my surgery date is set for September, I'm getting 5 massages done by Marian before I leave Miami, my living arrangements have been booked and confirmed... my plane ticket will be purchased next month.

One tip is to start purchasing your post-op care products once you put your deposit down - and your mind is 100% set that you will continue with the procedure. Buying all these items at once is expensive.. if you pace yourself and take your time you can compare prices both in store and on line to save as much as possible. There's so much to take into account it can get overwhelming. Keeping a list helps you maintain order because you wouldn't want to forget anything.

I'm excited to say the least ladies, I just want to get this surgery done and over with so I can put this experience behind me (pun intended). I'm not a curvy woman, I'm rather tiny (5'4), but I've gained 30 pounds for the procedure...I stand in the mirror trying to imagine what my new figure will look like.. did I mention that I'm excited?? lol.. take care lovely ladies!!

Surgery next month with Dr.Fisher

I have purchased everything I can possibly think of carrying to Miami. My suitcase has been packed for a month and a half now lol.. I'm just so excited. I'am not longer taking my son with me to Miami.. (God willing) after I heal, I will be able to take him somewhere special.
I was hard at work researching the possible problems that could arise from the bbl surgery and it got me paranoid.. EMBOLISMS are NO JOKE!! I'm scared about developing a clot during my long flight back home, I've researched various foot/leg exercises that will help keep blood flowing through my calves and foot, I also plan to be the most annoying person on the flight - because I will be walking down the isles every 15 minutes or so, or as much as I can without getting in other peoples and the flight crews way.

I was debating whether or not to have my inner thighs done.. my legs just started rubbing together at the top of my inner thighs, as I have put on 30 pounds for the procedure. Yes it provides more fat for the buttocks, however I've come across some pictures of girls who have really skinny legs then a big bum and on some it looks rather weird. I don't know if it will look weird on me-but it very well could.

I just want to get this over and done with to be honest. I place all my fears and anxiety in Gods hands.. I sometimes feel like I'm being ungrateful towards God for wanting to enhance the size of my butt - He ultimately knows my genuine desire for why I want to go through with this..but I definitely need the Holy Spirit to help me develop [healthy] self esteem, both before and after the surgery. On that note, I will end the update here. Got to go -talk with you all later.. best wishes!!

some WISH PICS

Hoping for this outcome in 3 weeks!!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Gd can't wait to c the pics
I just got mine done! I'll follow your journey (: I'm also worried about flying back after surgery but I'm doing my best to research the best I can and b over cautious to not ruin my butt on flight. Some docs say stand every 10 to 15 min and walk and take boppy with you. Good luck
Welcome to RS ! You will need a friend to stay w you for the first four days out of the 10 days or seven if u choose to stay only seven. Yea it's ok if u stand just as long as u are in your seat during take off and landing. Do sit sideways more on ur hips to take the weight off of you butt even on your boppy pillow ! Then let the flight attendant knw if there were a row that's empty then can u lie on ur tummy if ur only getting a bbl. Your medical note from dr fisher is very important cause it will get you a wheel chair, on the plane first, special scanning thru security due to your garment and it's a plus w ur bby on one hand and a challenge on the other but I do understand ur circumstances ! Best wishes luv take care! Enjoy your journey!
Good luck!!
Gd luck
If you can I would also suggest Marian for your lymphatic drainage appt. she charges much less than vanity and she's so kind. Medicalmassageprofessionals.com.
Hi! I'm glad everything went well with you and you are happy with the results by Dr.Fisher. It helps build more confidence in him as my doctor, thanks for sharing that. I also will look into getting my massages through the link you provided, every bit of help is appreciated. Also, thanks for letting me know how your feeling coming on 2 weeks post op. I was told the most uncomfortable thing is the lipo which also takes longer to heal then the actual buttock grafting. Are you able to walk normally? and how does it feel on your abdominal when you bend?
My bottom definitely doesn't hurt as much as the lipo. The lower portions of my bottom is fine, but it's a bit sore and hard closer to the incision. Walking is perfectly fine initially it's pretty difficult. You have to push yourself to get out of bed each day and walk alittle. I bend straight down with my knees, attempting to bend at the waist hurts. I had lipo on my back flanks which is pretty tight right now. It feels like I have really tight knots in the middle as well as both sides of my back. Stretching without overdoing it helps as well as massages. My muscles on both sides of my abdomen is the most pain I've experienced. My muscles are very tight and lumpy the lipo foam helps smooth out the muscles and alleviate the pain . I also got a membership to a local spa to get massages every week or two. At the end of the day I love my new body. I wish you the best!!!
I am two weeks post op as of Thursday. Your bottom will be fine by then to fly back. My main concern Is the numbing pain and tightness of the lipo on the side of my abdomen. Arnica gel helps a lot. I used a boppy pillow on the plane and stood as much as I can. Good luck on your journey. I went to Dr. Fisher I can tell you from my experience he's great. I will definitely go back to him when I can for a breast augmentation.
Hi there I just returned home to Fort Lauderdale from Ontario Canada about a week ago. My plane ride with 3 hrs. I dont know if you are taking a direct flight or not but it sounds like you have a layover in another city for a few hrs. Fort Lauderdale is about 30 mins north of Miami. However Miami airport would be ideal to fly to from Canada because it would be closer to Dr Fisher's office. Dont know if you have booked any hotels or if you guys are staying with a friend but for the length of time you are staying, you may want to look into privately renting a house, townhome or condo. As beautiful as Miami is, Try to avoid bad neighborhoods such as Liberty, Overtown Area. Sorry my fellow south Floridians if you live in these areas just want her to feel safe post operation. Besides, I visited Ontario in July for the 1st time and to travel internationally is scary especially when you don't know the city or anyone there. Good news though, if you are flying into Miami Airport, south beach and bayside is just 15-20 mins from there. Good luck with everything.
Hi, there are no direct flights from my province to Miami. Most of the direct flights are offered out of Toronto..which is a 5 hr flight for me. Then from Toronto into Miami. Thank you for the advice, I am renting a private home with my friend will be sure to keep this in mind- Canada and US is like night and day (no offense to Canadians or Americans) I will be flying into Miami Airport. Glad u responded, thank u.
You are absolutely right...lol, its like night and day!!! South Florida has the Great weather most of the yr. Winters here may get 10-15 celcius which only last a month or two in Jan-Feb. This time a yr, it rains quite a bit because of hurricane season, June-Aug. But it is well worth it. The sunshine state is our state nickname which is soo true. The sun, palm trees, green grass, golf courses,beaches, and private islands. Both places are very culturally diverse. Miami is like a melting pot, most of our people are from the Caribbean or go to universities traveled from abroad as exchange students. Retail shopping and Real estate is low here compared and considering the high tourism and our tax is only 6.5%. Unfortunately, the unemployment and crime is high only and mostly inselected areas. Not to overshadow how beautiful, sunny, fun, live and flexible this city is overall. You never know when, where or which celebrity you'll run in to. If u can checkout south beach, aventura, bayside, the fountain blu, booze cruise, boat rides star island, the Keys in key west or a quick Carnival cuise trip to the Bahamas. There's a long list of things to get into. If not this trip certainly during another visit. Good luck with the surgery and recovery. Take care.
Oh yeah, car rental is very cheap here. U can rental a car less than $20 daily, make advance reservations. Traffic isn't so bad compared to other places I visited outside of Florida. Just avoid rush hour. Transit is available but nothing like what u guys have in Canada.. A personal vehicle is how most people commute. Its a easy city to get in and around. Major highways are 1-95 & Turnpike, runs North to South. 826 Runs East to West. South beach off of exit 2, from I-95 and Bayside is off the same exit, follow the road to Biscayne Blvd. Checknout the sawgrass outlet mall off of Sunrise heading west. Take care!
I suggest maybe a boppy pillow which may relieve the pressure on your new booty I'll be following
thanks for the suggestion, I have a really comfortable one.
Sounds like you have everything planned out nice! good luck
Welcome!!