Surgery set for Nov with Dr Mendieta. Need some good post op tips - Miami, FL

What started out as a joke turned into a snowball...

What started out as a joke turned into a snowball or inquires and research. Although I have a small frame (5"1' and 118 lbs) I've wanted a sexy bottom with a bangin' waistline. My hubby convinced me that the BBL was the way to go. I've seen a lot of b4 and after pics that has encouraged me more :-).

With all the reviews on this site, I feel a bit...

With all the reviews on this site, I feel a bit more at ease going thru with this BBL. My friends think I'm crazy but after they see the results I hope that they will see what an improvement it does to my figure. I hope that I will feel the same way. I keep getting mixed emotions about it. Sometimes I'm super excited and other days I fear I'm making the wrong decision. With more reviews that I read and more beautiful b4 & after pics I see, I hope that this fear will subside.

Ok, where to start? Well I had already chosen the...

Ok, where to start? Well I had already chosen the Dr I wanted based on his credentials. The next step was just to send in my wish pics and my b4 pics for Dr. Mendieta to review so he can evaluate whether I was a good candidate. This "back & forth" of info via email went on for a couple of weeks because I have 2 jobs and don't have a lot of free time to have phone conversations; Plus, I live in Nevada and my PS is in miami. I finally got to talk to Angel and she told me that althought Dr. Mendieta could contour my body, I may not get the projection I desired from my wish pics :-( I know this wasn't her intention, but I felt like she was trying to talk me out of doing a BBL. I don't know if it was the tone of her voice or just the feedback I had received, but it was a bit discouraging. I must admit that it did bum me out for a few hours after I got off the phone with her. My husband comforted me and made me realize that this evaluation was solely based on measurements and photos; that there are other variables involved that the Dr cannot see (ie skin condition, elasticity, fat deposits, etc). I decided to continue with the process & get the ball rolling on reserving my surgery date. I sent my down payment and my surgery is set for Nov. 28, 2012. I definitely wanted to get it done b4 the end of the year so I would be fully recovered in time for bikini season. That gives me roughly a month and a half to gain the weight I need for the BBL. Dr. Mendieta reccomended I gain 10-15 more lbs and I have been doing the necessary things to do so. As of today I am 125lbs and think I should probably get up to 130. (considering I started @ 118lbs). Gaining the weight is def not the hard part. I'm actually having a little bit of fun with it. My fear lies more with the recovery process. It really doesn't bother me if people recognize that I've had "work" done. I fear that I will be unhappy with the results or that I wasted A LOT of money on misery, pain, and unsatisfactory results. I'm sure everyone goes thru questioning your decision.

Would anyone like to share their experience with...

Would anyone like to share their experience with sleeping on ur stomach and what things you did to be the most comfortable? Plus, I keep reading about swollen vaginas and that kinda scares me. What did you ladies do to alleviate discomfort or prevent/help with this common problem?
Miami Plastic Surgeon

He seems to be the TOP doctor with many accolades in the field.

Hey there, checking in to see how your recovery is going. Are you pleased so far with your results?
Hi Seree007. As of today, I am 4 weeks post op. So far I am liking my results and am hoping my butt doesn't go down too much since I'm trying to lose a little weight. I was 138 pre op and that is not my ideal weight. I just have to wait & see. I can't wait to sit & sleep normal tho. That part is really annoying :-/
Glad to hear that you are pleased thus far. Don't worry so much about your weight, you should wait and see what size you are after your swelling goes down, then you can make a better estimate on the amount of weight you want to loose if any. Remember during this process of healing your body retains alot of water. As for the size of your butt, believe it or not the size of your butt will look even bigger over the next 4 weeks. You are still very swollen in your waist and back area right now and over the next month that will subside and continue to do so over the months ahead. So your waist will look tiny and butt bigger. I am so happy for you, you will soon be able to sleep and sit as normal, it just seems like forever now, but this time will pass.......Take care of yourself and enjoy your new body.......in a couple weeks you should be free of your garment.........Happy healing and happy holidays to you and your family.
Hi there! Hope you're recovering we'll! I was wondering if I could ask you ladies if u think it is ok to catch a 15 hour flight home 3 wks post op?
Absolutely NOT!! You are not able to put pressure in ur bottom for at least 2 months. A 15 hr flight is, in my opinion, long and uncomfortable to begin with so with the added inconvenience I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm sure Dr. Mendieta is able to give you LOVELY results!
Hello, just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery, I know you will be having your surgery in a few days, you must be so excited. Take the next few days and relax and a friendly tip, I didnt see my garment until the day before surgery, so I wasnt aware of how much coverage was involve. The straps are about 2" wide with a V-neckline and its full body coverage which stops a few inches above the knees. Therefore hard to find clothing that covers, I wore alot of fitted t-shirts and tops with a modest neckline, with loose flowing pants or skirts. I found it hard to find dresses that had all of the above. When it was time to dress up I wore alot of blazers and had fun with accessories, I was determined to keep my garment hidden....lol...Once again relax during your recovery, watch funny movies, it keeps you in a good mood and the same for your caretaker....your recovery should be a breeze.....Happy Healing
Hello, I just read your story and saw that we had the same Doctor. I didnt have BBL, but i did have fat transfer to my calf in Aug. I am so happy with my results and they get better every day. I hope your recovery is going well and hope you post some pics up soon.
Hello Seree007. That is def good to hear that you were pleased with Dr Mendieta's results. There are very few patients on this site that went to Mendieta. My surgery is on the 28th of this month and I'm nervous but excited to see my new body and booty :-)
Honestly his staff is amazing, and I was an out of town patient. He himself is very personable, he made me feel so comfortable and relaxed. I had fat removed from my abdomen, waist, upper and lower back and put in my calves. I am more than happy with my results so far and I have even reach the final 6 month point. Even though he didnt add any fat to my butt it looks so much bigger, rounder and great projection simply because he sculpted my waist and back (my mom still kids saying she believes i had a bbl). Just follow the instructions given, prep everything you need before the surgery and relax. Even the recovery is near painless, for the most part just a lil stiffness but other than that you will be good enough to go shopping in the mall the next day....I did....lol.. I am so excited for you and good luck with everything. If you need any help or advice on where to get things etc, feel free to ask i would be glad to help.
Thank you so much Seree007 :-) I just finished cleaning my entire apt and did all the laundry so I can come home to a nice clean home. I've got all my shows and some movies on cue in my laptop and I'm almost packed. I feel like I might b a hermit crab for about a week because I'm not sure how long I'll have my drains. I'd feel pretty self conscious if I went out in public with the drains, lol. I can't wait for this to all be over. I'm miserable with this weight gain and none of my clothes fit :-/
I know how you feel about the weight thing, I had to gain weight before my surgery but the good part is you can eat whatever you want because he is about to suck it out...lol.....The first couple days you might be a hermit but by day 3 or 4 you drain much less and you can go out and walk around the pads should absorb everything. and a good idea to buy 2 garments so that you will have a fresh clean one everyday without waiting for it to line dry. It is good not to push yourself to much but remember to stay mobile it helps with healing and any stiffness you may have. The good part is that the results are immediate and they get better every day, I think you picked perfect timing to be fully recovered to have a slamming summer body........so happy for you....Happy Healing
Thanks again Seree007 :-)
So happy for you! I think I might be going with dr. Mendieta as well!
Thanks Culona! My surgery is on the 28th of this month. I can't wait for all this to be over so I can enjoy my new booty, lol.
Hope you hAve a speedy and worry free recovery
Thank u so much i havent had too much pain today but i can see my waits is tiny havent see my butt yet tomorrow i will
I glad u are happy with ur results
Hello. Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.
Thank you J26 & Relax.
Hello. Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.
Thank u so much ,im home now everything when well.doctor put me 1200cc on each .and he said thant i look great,i tried to post pic but since i don speak enough english to out de post i write in spanish and they said there only taking coment in english so if u have any email i coul send you some before pict after i hacent see my self yet ajajaja.
Hi! Thanks so much for the update!!! I am happy to hear everything went well. I know you are happy to have it over with. I bet you look amazing. My email address is jrobinson26@cox.net I would love, love to see some pics when you feel up to sending. Take care of yourself.
Did u receive my picts
I did and thank you bivi. Your butt is gonna look phenomenal. The bottom of your cheeks have a very round shape and with a little injection in the sides & on top, the perfect bottom is achievable. Can't wait 'til u get to see it. Send a pic of ur new butt when you get a chance to enjoy your doctors' work.